Donkeybong

Jan 26, 2019
oh god writing is only 83%, ehh cya in 5 months
From what I have seen in 0.5 and 0.6 development I think, but just a guess so take with grain of salt, that some of those are for bug fixes and revisions/rewrites as they finish other stuff and can play test it. I have seen in the previous patches weekly updates them talking about how some of what they have did not feel right once they were testing and had to redo the dialog.

So some of those unfinished writing tasks could be as simple as "Fix Quest A Dialog" or "Quest A rewrites" and as example if Quest A does not need any rewrites they then would mark the task as complete and the progress trackers updates.

Just keep in mind that is just a guess on my part that I extrapolated from what I have seen in their weekly updates posted here.

Dec 15, 2022
Did they abandon this game?
Go to whatalegendgame.com and enter a fictive birth date, then you go to a page, and you see this:

1673081668659.png

And you see it almost everyday change. So when everything is 100%, wait a few weeks, it's called testing, and then they release a new version. Or become a patrion, and you can help them test every debug version they put out internally.

So this one is far from abandon. In comparison with some other games.

Arigato3210

Nov 3, 2019
View attachment 2276139
Weekly report 138

Hi everybody.

This is our last report of 2022, a year that, with all its difficulties (and like everyone, we had our share of them), has been pretty great for us: we had a release that was generally liked by many, and our second daughter was born.

I don't want to use this report to simply outline what we did last week -- the sum of it is that Chestnut continued her work on sprites and sprite designs while I wrote convos, coded in new characters, and edited the text -- but rather to wish you all a very happy new year and thank you for giving us your continued support and encouragement.

Chestnut and I both know that we're going to have challenging months ahead, developing the second half of a release is always more difficult, but we have been working as hard as we can, and we promise that we will continue on that route, and aim to keep things as transparent as possible. You have trusted us, and we promise to do our best to not fail you.

Cheers, and I hope you have a Happy 2023!
Wow they have two daughters one of whom is a newborn and they are still able to work on this game and release super quality content. I'm impressed :eek:

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1673128635591.png
Weekly report 139

Hi, everybody!
We always post our reports on Fridays (around midnight), but I just now remembered that I didn't do it last night. I don't know exactly what the cause was for sure -- I recall thinking of it before dinner, but then it slipped my mind until two minutes ago. Either way, I owe you an apology, and I'll make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

Here's a summary of our work last week:
Chestnut
Chestnut continued her work on sprites (both design-wise and with the hands), finished a cutscene, and did more work on two others. She recorded drawing Gomira half-naked on the ground, which belongs to the completed cutscene, and we posted it earlier as a video.

Pistachio
I have been adding a lot of the finished artwork and sprite elements to the game, advancing the coding tasks. I have also changed some of the dialogues, in particular, adding a new dialogue with multiple characters and posing it, in addition to posing other scenes from Gomira's first quest/intro.

What's next?
Chestnut needs to create custom sprites for an event from the intro, which I have skipped, and in addition to that, she wants to do more cutscenes and design two new backgrounds from the end of Gomira's first quest.

I want to spend all my time posing the sprites. I have left two sections of the intro with placeholder images -- one of them requires the special sprites I said above, and the other is a rather cool event that will be 0.7's equivalent of the card reading we had in 0.6 to show Gomira's backstory. The backstory event will have to wait because it requires a complicated series of cutscenes Chestnut hasn't designed yet, but for the sprite parts, I want to go back and finish them. I also plan on getting as much of the first quest posed as possible.

That's all, and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

MasksDude

Aug 6, 2021
There was an update just posted a couple days ago. WTF?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It kinda feels like it, the slow progress and the update too we get is just a small chunk of the big story. Im not tryna shit at it, I love chestnut and the story they built up here is something and they got big fans including me. And it kinda feels sad the progress is slow

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It kinda feels like it, the slow progress and the update too we get is just a small chunk of the big story. Im not tryna shit at it, I love chestnut and the story they built up here is something and they got big fans including me. And it kinda feels sad the progress is slow
Quality takes time. Especially when you are dealing with a newborn.
There are plenty of games on this site to play, and the newer, longer updates to this one are FAR more fun to play than the short, unfinished ones in the early days. It's far better to wait for the full story.
Can some one drop new link of the discord server for this game ??
It's in the OP...

Samsid97

Nov 14, 2022
There are plenty of games on this site to play, and the newer, longer updates to this one are FAR more fun to play than the short, unfinished ones in the early days. It's far better to wait for the full story.
It's in the OP...
Its aint working

Samsid97

Nov 14, 2022
It's in the OP...

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Hey guys, where does the bug fix file go?
If you downloaded the 0.6.02 version, the bugfix is not needed.

If you have a previous 0.6 version, then extract the patch and paste its content in the root folder of your WaL copy, where you see the game's exe (there's a folder named 'game' that will be updated). The patch includes a .txt file with instructions anyway

Reactions: TheDevian
Dec 21, 2022
If you downloaded the 0.6.02 version, the bugfix is not needed.

If you have a previous 0.6 version, then extract the patch and paste its content in the root folder of your WaL copy, where you see the game's exe (there's a folder named 'game' that will be updated). The patch includes a .txt file with instructions anyway
Gotcha, all the files I see are 0.601, so I would need it?

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes