lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
You are welcome to take it that way if you want, this is the internet, and people love to assume the worst, but I didn't read it that way... But having been dealing with this for years, no matter what you think of them, it is hard to deny that some kinks are more trouble to work with than others.
My biased opinion most likely stems from the fact that I know a lot of people dislike incest, particularly how common it is, and it's one of those fetishes I'm tired of being shamed.

And given there are work arounds, I don't see Incest as a "Risk factor" that was going to have the game stopped, so I attributed the comment of it "Being safe from incest AND other things" as "Safe from things I don't like."

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
My biased opinion most likely stems from the fact that I know a lot of people dislike incest, particularly how common it is, and it's one of those fetishes I'm tired of being shamed.

And given there are work arounds, I don't see Incest as a "Risk factor" that was going to have the game stopped, so I attributed the comment of it "Being safe from incest AND other things" as "Safe from things I don't like."

It's a risk factor because it's banned on patreon and you have to find a work around for it. It's true there are works arounds for it any many devs seem fine with it but you have to acknowledge it is a risk. I think you are just annoyed at people thinking a fetish you like is gross but to me whether you like incest or not seems is kind of unreleated to the idea that an incest game on patreon is risky. Patreon doesn't even like childhood friends if they seem close enough to siblings.

Honestly though given how common incest games are on this site I don't think you'll have a hard time finding people here who are ok with incest games. My advice is just try to avoid the circles you think are going to kink shame you.

Apr 3, 2023
It's a risk factor because it's banned on patreon and you have to find a work around for it. It's true there are works arounds for it any many devs seem fine with it but you have to acknowledge it is a risk. I think you are just annoyed at people thinking a fetish you like is gross but to me whether you like incest or not seems is kind of unreleated to the idea that an incest game on patreon is risky. Patreon doesn't even like childhood friends if they seem close enough to siblings.

Honestly though given how common incest games are on this site I don't think you'll have a hard time finding people here who are ok with incest games. My advice is just try to avoid the circles you think are going to kink shame you.
This game doesn't seem to have anything todo with incest at all by the way. Even if it was allowed on patreon. His mother didn't even work in the whorehouse. So she is just out of the picture at all. And probably half of the incest freaks are like me. We don't mind if incest or not. But we don't like incest story, where sister and mom are exchanced by roomy and landlady. That's just competely (chest)nuts..

I just like a good love story. And this game seems to deliver that a lot. Which is difficult with a harem story...

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
This game doesn't seem to have anything todo with incest at all by the way. Even if it was allowed on patreon. His mother didn't even work in the whorehouse. So she is just out of the picture at all. And probably half of the incest freaks are like me. We don't mind if incest or not. But we don't like incest story, where sister and mom are exchanced by roomy and landlady. That's just competely (chest)nuts..

I just like a good love story. And this game seems to deliver that a lot. Which is difficult with a harem story...
I know but the other guy was complaining about people kinkshaming him and calling incest a problem which is how the conversation got derailed.

Reactions: Dragon59

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, most of these work arounds (patches, hidden activation, etc.) aren't safe on paper, either. And the safe ones, like the player determining relationships, quite often impact the whole writing negatively, so they should be avoided in my opinion.

Anyway, as far as I see it, incest is certainly a very accepted fetish. The only time I see people really pushing back against it, is when players want to add "their" fetish into a game, where the dev didn't plan add that kind of content in the first place. But that's basically the case for most fetishes...

I mean, incest in WaL! would be kinda futile anyway. Yes, you could add some kind of sister or mom character later on, but I'm not sure that would really please those, who actually like the whole topic. It's a bit like NTR, where it's only really good, if it's an important element of the game.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021

It's even worse when it COMPLETELY obvious that roomie and landlady is just a change from sister and mother. Like talking about growing up or how they walk around in their underwear or mention their father. I mean the only real workaround is step sister and step mother. So I don't know where roomie and landlady came into play. And honestly if you use step mom and step sister you only have to mention that once and the rest of the time you should be able to get away with mother and sister. There's plenty of people with step siblings who refer each as full blooded siblings and view each other as such. Hell even a simple mention that they were adopted works as well.

Reactions: Mario Itsametoo

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
It's even worse when it COMPLETELY obvious that roomie and landlady is just a change from sister and mother. Like talking about growing up or how they walk around in their underwear or mention their father. I mean the only real workaround is step sister and step mother. So I don't know where roomie and landlady came into play. And honestly if you use step mom and step sister you only have to mention that once and the rest of the time you should be able to get away with mother and sister. There's plenty of people with step siblings who refer each as full blooded siblings and view each other as such. Hell even a simple mention that they were adopted works as well.
Step relationships are against Patreon rules too (as well as using adoption as a workaround), that's why landladies, tennants and roomates come into play so often. The fact that some games can get away with using blood or step relationships only means that nobody in Patreon has checked them yet, most likely because no one has reported them. But they are infringing Patreon's rules and risking to be deplatformed.

In WaL, a restrictive view of Patreon's ToS could even mean that our MC should never come back to the brothel to lewd his 'mothers', since they effectively raised him up and therefore are actual motherly figures -so incest.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Well, most of these work arounds (patches, hidden activation, etc.) aren't safe on paper, either. And the safe ones, like the player determining relationships, quite often impact the whole writing negatively, so they should be avoided in my opinion.

Anyway, as far as I see it, incest is certainly a very accepted fetish. The only time I see people really pushing back against it, is when players want to add "their" fetish into a game, where the dev didn't plan add that kind of content in the first place. But that's basically the case for most fetishes...

I mean, incest in WaL! would be kinda futile anyway. Yes, you could add some kind of sister or mom character later on, but I'm not sure that would really please those, who actually like the whole topic. It's a bit like NTR, where it's only really good, if it's an important element of the game.
don't forget the protagonist is an orphan left at the doorstep of a church, all while Vi was scheming to take the throne. an orphan that has the nevernuff's gift. Royal bastards are a commn thrope... the trick is to hint at it nicely and let people that want incest in WaL see it.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Step relationships are against Patreon rules too (as well as using adoption as a workaround), that's why landladies, tennants and roomates come into play so often. The fact that some games can get away with using blood or step relationships only means that nobody in Patreon has checked them yet, most likely because no one has reported them. But they are infringing Patreon's rules and risking to be deplatformed.

In WaL, a restrictive view of Patreon's ToS could even mean that our MC should never come back to the brothel to lewd his 'mothers', since they effectively raised him up and therefore are actual motherly figures -so incest.
WTF can we STOP using Patreon please? Until Patreon gets a damn dictionary and looks up the word incest. I legit don't know how someone can support a platform that creates its own definitions and creates rules around definitions that they themselves created. Holy hell how long until holding hands is defined as sexual assault. Said it before and I'll say it again I'm NEVER supporting Patreon.

I mean legit how long until roomie and landlady aren't allowed anymore either?

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
don't forget the protagonist is an orphan left at the doorstep of a church, all while Vi was scheming to take the throne. an orphan that has the nevernuff's gift. Royal bastards are a commn thrope... the trick is to hint at it nicely and let people that want incest in WaL see it.
Well, that's kinda what I meant by saying it's futile. Yes, you could add/imply it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't satisfy 95% of those, who'd play it for the incest. I mean, it's usually about the taboo, about the secrecy, etc. and if the story doesn't at least partly focus on that, it's just another attribute for some character.
It's a bit like let's say BDSM content or such: Yes, it's easy to add the tag, but if you actually produce content, that's worth having that tag, is another question.
WTF can we STOP using Patreon please? Until Patreon gets a damn dictionary and looks up the word incest. I legit don't know how someone can support a platform that creates its own definitions and creates rules around definitions that they themselves created. Holy hell how long until holding hands is defined as sexual assault. Said it before and I'll say it again I'm NEVER supporting Patreon.
To be fair, Patreon didn't care until their payment processors made them care. It's indeed mainly about for example paypal and stripe, who don't want to support platforms, who allow that kind of content. Hence for example, why subscribestar still doesn't offer paypal payments.

Else one can indeed say, that I'm not aware, that Patreon actually ever banned somebody because of stepcest. They just wouldn't allow it as a solution to get your already banned account back.
It seems like Patreon generally doesn't really care about incest, unless you advertise it on your patreon page. Yet, there's of course always a risk remaining.

Reactions: TheDevian

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Yup, Patreon is not particularly harsh enforcing these rules. Most games just fly under their radar, they are not proactively seeking for games with banned content but of course they will react if a game is reported by users. And even then, they usually give devs some time to adapt their scripts and abide to the rules. Basically, Patreon is forced to be like this if they want to keep working with big payment processors, but at the same time there's kind of a tacit compromise with devs: don't stick out too much and we're fine.

Reactions: Biscardone

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Well, that's kinda what I meant by saying it's futile. Yes, you could add/imply it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't satisfy 95% of those, who'd play it for the incest. I mean, it's usually about the taboo, about the secrecy, etc. and if the story doesn't at least partly focus on that, it's just another attribute for some character.
It's a bit like let's say BDSM content or such: Yes, it's easy to add the tag, but if you actually produce content, that's worth having that tag, is another question.

To be fair, Patreon didn't care until their payment processors made them care. It's indeed mainly about for example paypal and stripe, who don't want to support platforms, who allow that kind of content. Hence for example, why subscribestar still doesn't offer paypal payments.

Else one can indeed say, that I'm not aware, that Patreon actually ever banned somebody because of stepcest. They just wouldn't allow it as a solution to get your already banned account back.
It seems like Patreon generally doesn't really care about incest, unless you advertise it on your patreon page. Yet, there's of course always a risk remaining.
Don't know why more people just don't use subscribestar I donate to a few games through there and it's not that bad. If anyone says it's unsafe the same could be said about Patreon and their use of PayPal since PayPal is actually pretty unsafe.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Don't know why more people just don't use subscribestar I donate to a few games through there and it's not that bad. If anyone says it's unsafe the same could be said about Patreon and their use of PayPal since PayPal is actually pretty unsafe.
I don't think it's really about safety, but about convenience. There are certainly quite a few people on this planet, who don't own a credit card in the first place and who can't use subscribestar easily. Paypal makes paying for the average user a lot easier and you can be sure that quite a few subscriptions (especially for NSFW games) happen on a whim, rather than after long consideration. With paypal the next payment is like 3 clicks away, that's why it's such an asset...

Last edited:

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
I don't think it's really about safety, but about convenience. There are certainly quite a few people on this planet, who don't own a credit card in the first place and who can't use subscribestar easily. Paypal makes paying for the average user a lot easier and you can be sure that quite a few subscriptions (especially for NSFW games) happen on a whim, rather than after long consideration. With paypal the next payment is like 3 clicks away, that's why it's such an asset...
Don't have a credit card myself and I was still able to use subscribestar.

Apr 3, 2023
And the problem was very easy. Your parents died, car crash (the usual), friend of your parents takes you in their house. Problem solved. No stupid landlady/landlord

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
And the problem was very easy. Your parents died, car crash (the usual), friend of your parents takes you in their house. Problem solved. No stupid landlady/landlord
Not solved at all. Those people would be considered as your foster parents -> incest. It's exactly the reason why including a belated birthday orgy in WaL would be a risky move, those whores are MC's 'mothers'.

Seriously, every single option you can imagine has already been tried by actual game developers -and banned by Patreon. If people keep using the landlady bullshit is because it's literally the only option that actually works.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023
Not solved at all. Those people would be considered as your foster parents -> incest. It's exactly the reason why including a belated birthday orgy in WaL would be a risky move, those whores are MC's 'mothers'.

Seriously, every single option you can imagine has already being tried by actual game developers -and banned by Patreon. If people keep using the landlady bullshit is because it's literally the only option that actually works.
Years back I had a landlady, and the only thing, I remember of her, is wanting money, and complaining when old far overdate furniture of her broke in my room. I was so happy to move out and get my own place. And now all those shit games come up with landlord and landlady. It always makes me shiver...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Years back I had a landlady, and the only thing, I remember of her, is wanting money, and complaining when old far overdate furniture of her broke in my room. I was so happy to move out and get my own place. And now all those shit games come up with landlord and landlady. It always makes me shiver...
The worst example was when your 'landlord' died, and your 'landlady' moved into her sister's place, and she did not become the new landlady... :FacePalm:

• Haha
Reactions: Biscardone
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes