OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Not solved at all. Those people would be considered as your foster parents -> incest. It's exactly the reason why including a belated birthday orgy in WaL would be a risky move, those whores are MC's 'mothers'.

Seriously, every single option you can imagine has already being tried by actual game developers -and banned by Patreon. If people keep using the landlady bullshit is because it's literally the only option that actually works.
Dear lord I've said it once and I'll say it again stop using Patreon. Legit it won't be that much longer until you can't even use Landlady. It wasn't that long ago that Patreon went down this road and already they've left almost ZERO room for relation negotiating.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Dear lord I've said it once and I'll say it again stop using Patreon. Legit it won't be that much longer until you can't even use Landlady. It wasn't that long ago that Patreon went down this road and already they've left almost ZERO room for relation negotiating.
The wincest ban was in 2017, it's been a while already

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Let's be fair, the crackdown happened in october 2017 and since not much has happened in case of NSFW games, apart from a few very obvious cases.

Reactions: moskyx

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
Now I make myself guilty like most others, not reading the rest of the conversation.... :)
Mostly my bad, I took more out of your comment than it seems you actually meant, so my fault.

The wincest ban was in 2017, it's been a while already
Honestly, my only question is why the payment services even care.
Like, I understood when some Image sharing websites had to remove certain content, I completely get that.
Why does a payment service give a damn about incest though?

• Haha
Reactions: Mario Itsametoo

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Mostly my bad, I took more out of your comment than it seems you actually meant, so my fault.

Like, I understood when some Image sharing websites had to remove certain content, I completely get that.
Paypal is everywhere-ish, guess the higher-ups care enough about not supporting wincest to have it banned on Patreon. Just like you can't use Paypal for pron sites (most of them anyway, you can bypass it with some processors in Europe)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Fair enough, granted there are work arounds.

Back to my original message... Somehow I'm feeling doubtful that he used the word problem in reference to Patreons rulings. Comment just screamed to me that he didn't like the fetish and therefore was glad this one was "Safe" from it.
And Patreon and the powers that be are starting to recognize some of the workarounds. For a long time, the patches were officially not created by the developer but by some "Evil Modder." Some developers have gotten heat from Patreon even though the product on Patreon does not have the patch. Some developers have been forced to close their Patreon accounts and move to SubscribeStar (which doesn't use PayPal).

Supporting developers in telling the stories they want to tell is one reason much of my support is on SubscribeStar, not Patreon. All things being equal, I will chose a developer's SS account over their Patreon one.

On the other side, if the developer does not want a certain kink in the game, people insisting it be added is a problem.

I'm not a big fan of the "Incest Everywhere" agenda because I feel that some stories do not call for it. Even though I play and support some of the "incest patched" games (in those cases where it is obviously part of the intended story), the stories I'm working on will have lots of kinks, but incest will not be one of them. A major reason is that

1. There are plenty of incest games (like I said, I play some of them),
  2. I honestly see the prevalence incest and step-incest in the adult industry is a way to cut corners in story-telling, and
  3. I'm going to use other dramatic elements to create drama and tension. Some of the stories elements will be inspired by my own actual experience with the Kink community. I'm part of the Kink and polyamory communities. I'm not part of the "incest community," so I have no experience to tap into. Adding incest elements would distract from the path of the stories. Also, I was abused by an uncle when I was 5-6 and my housemate/collaborator suffered even greater sexual abuse from family members (as a lifestyle Domme, she refused to do age-play), so we're not going there in our stories.

As such, people trying to insert incest into one of my stories will be perceived as a problem.

EDIT: I need to correct myself. There will be "Wincest" content in my current game, a short contemporary game.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Okay, well, here is the problem, none of the other so called alternatives, get even 1/10 the traffic of Patreon, so if you want to make a living, you don't really have a choice (same with Steam). All devs can deal with that issue the way they choose. If you don't like the way they do it, either don't play, or go make your own game/mod and make it the way you want.
Not everyone wants to deal with the headaches that come along with certain elements, and no one is required to cater to YOUR personal kink/issue, they do no owe you anything. Anyone can make whatever they want, and they have to deal with the consequences.

At least for you, most games have that kink already, you don't need to go forcing it into games that don't have it. You don't see me bitching because almost no games have my kink, and most of the ones who do, do it in a way that turns me off rather than on, by including things I hate that can't be avoided. That, or the have the tag, and it's barely even noticeable.

If that is your only reason for being here, then move on and wait until it's done, we need to see if he even learns who his family is first. Either way, fucking drop it already, it's been days now. The whole thread is going to get nuked at this rate.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Okay, well, here is the problem, none of the other so called alternatives, get even 1/10 the traffic of Patreon, so if you want to make a living, you don't really have a choice (same with Steam). All devs can deal with that issue the way they choose. If you don't like the way they do it, either don't play, or go make your own game/mod and make it the way you want.
Not everyone wants to deal with the headaches that come along with certain elements, and no one is required to cater to YOUR personal kink/issue, they do no owe you anything. Anyone can make whatever they want, and they have to deal with the consequences.
So true, it is a bottleneck right now. Devs almost need to have that platform active to get supporters.
At least for you, most games have that kink already, you don't need to go forcing it into games that don't have it. You don't see me bitching because almost no games have my kink, and most of the ones who do, do it in a way that turns me off rather than on, by including things I hate that can't be avoided. That, or the have the tag, and it's barely even noticeable.
TheDevian, if you want to DM your kink to me, I'll tell you if it is one I have planned in a future project, and I'll even hear your take on it as a guide to how it will be implemented. A lot of the kinds of the real world will be represented in my work.

Reactions: TheDevian

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1680915515194.png
Weekly report 152
Hi, everybody.
I hope you've had a good week. Here's what we did:

Chestnut:
She worked on two unfinished backgrounds advancing quite a bit, and also did two images from a large cutscene. The images were pretty sexy, and we did consider sharing them as spoilers but decided against it since they sort of lead to a sex scene, and we like to keep those for the release.

Pistachio:
My plan was to pose two big events, and I have managed roughly one event and a half. The first event is done, using a mixture of finished art and placeholder images made by myself (following our storyboard), and I have been working on the second event today, creating the base and also posing one of its dialogues. Additionally, I also added backgrounds, found bugs, and did some editing.

Next week's plan:
I'm going to finish the event I'm working on and then start the next one in line, which is as big as the last two events combined (containing several stages and a lot of things happening).
Chestnut plans to work on unfinished artwork from backgrounds and sketched cutscenes. She also says she'll work on less spoilery subjects so we can promise a video.

That's all.
Have a great great weekend.
Cheers

Apr 3, 2023
The worst example was when your 'landlord' died, and your 'landlady' moved into her sister's place, and she did not become the new landlady... :FacePalm:
The landlord already died years before I got to live there. She was already in the 80 years somewhere. A lot older than the 'grandma's house' story on this site..

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

jahall

Feb 20, 2019

Presumably they're worried about the bad publicity they might get in the media if they didn't put any restrictions on such content, in some countries perhaps even leading to governments or law enforcement agencies taking action against them.

Green Layer

Aug 8, 2020
How often is this game updated?

Also I have to say. A big shout out to you guys TheDevian, This is one of the few games that is actually balanced with a good story and humor to drive it. So don't bother with what the others say, as most of us here are enjoying the free uploads.

You guys are doing an amazing job, so keep up the good work. Some people just like to have a stick up their butts and complain about stupid things, like some modern feminists.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Also I have to say. A big shout out to you guys TheDevian, This is one of the few games that is actually balanced with a good story and humor to drive it. So don't bother with what the others say, as most of us here are enjoying the free uploads.

You guys are doing an amazing job, so keep up the good work. Some people just like to have a stick up their butts and complain about stupid things, like some modern feminists.
Check the OP, 1st line is the last time the game was updated ..............

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

You guys are doing an amazing job, so keep up the good work. Some people just like to have a stick up their butts and complain about stupid things.
Thanks, though I am not on this team, I just used to help them occasionally (like making the spoon they used in the cafeteria).

They are big updates, so they are not fast, and this was a particularly bad year for many of us.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes