TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah but how hard would it be to load samples of art into an AI engine to give it enough of a base to produce consistent results? Maybe the tech is a ways away but I think it's an inevitable outcome.
No idea, how hard is it to get it to do anything you want? It's hit or miss every time. Like I said, if you have your own, and can spend enough time training it, but at this point, you might as well do the work, if you have the skills.
It is a waste of talent, to let some AI fake it, when you have someone that skilled who can do it better.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DoctorSargePep

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
No idea, how hard is it to get it to do anything you want? It's hit or miss every time. Like I said, if you have your own, and can spend enough time training it, but at this point, you might as well do the work, if you have the skills.
It is a waste of talent, to let some AI fake it, when you have someone that skilled who can do it better.
True it's definitely something to have talent. Unfortunately a lot of us don't have the necessary talent to pull it off.

Sep 20, 2018
TBH I am just waiting for this. I can't draw for shit and I don't know any artists, but I've got so many great story and game-play ideas. As soon as AI can make non-creepy horny art, I'm sitting down with a Ren'Py handbook. :) And if my games can manage to impress anyone with the game design and story elements, maybe an artist will be willing to sign on to replace the AI generated stuff.
Why not spend the time working out your game ideas & making prototype versions while you wait for better AI,and hiring an artist\animator\"art person" is about negotiation

Last edited:

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1682182613990.png
Weekly report 154
Hi, everybody.
I hope you're all doing well. Before outlining our work since the last report, we do have a small announcement:
We're aware that people are eager to play the 0.7 content, and we wish to see this release completed as soon as possible too. So to speed up the development, we have decided to stop taking Sundays off, starting this weekend. You can expect the daily progress to be updated seven days a week until the release.
Now the report:

Chestnut:
She finished the cutscene she was working on last week and started a new event that needs a series of looping images somewhat similar to the clouds and the ground moving in a loop while the MC was flying with Rose. She has done two variations and has been refining them to get them to work well while making it in a way that we can use the sprites for the dialogues.

Pistachio:
I have been writing, rewriting, editing, posing, and changing many different aspects of the large event I was working on last week. I wish I could say I will finish it this weekend, but I expect it will take me most of the coming week to wrap it up. I am looking forward to finishing it, though, since once I do it, I'll be only missing one large event from Gomira's first quest, which will conclude the MC and Gomira's confrontation with the first antagonist of the 0.7 update (that'll probably be done in May), which will transition to their second --and last-- quest together.

That's all.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
We're aware that people are eager to play the 0.7 content, and we wish to see this release completed as soon as possible too. So to speed up the development, we have decided to stop taking Sundays off, starting this weekend. You can expect the daily progress to be updated seven days a week until the release.
I'm eager to play the 0.7 content but working 7 days a week is a bad idea. That kind of work ethic is only going to lead to burnout. In fact considering the size of this update and how long they've already worked on it. They should be looking to give themselves a couple of weeks off sometime during the summer.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'm eager to play the 0.7 content but working 7 days a week is a bad idea. That kind of work ethic is only going to lead to burnout. In fact considering the size of this update and how long they've already worked on it. They should be looking to give themselves a couple of weeks off sometime during the summer.
People cried it's taking too long : devs work more and assplode
Devs assploded and need more time to finish : people cry it's taking too long

Lose-lose on everything. Until the devs stop caring about people crying, which won't happen. Or they just need to start chatbanning every1, they're better off doing what they want and tell the moaners to stfu and wait

• Angry
Reactions: obibobi and Tybur35

zoltriks

Jun 23, 2020
I just finished the game and i think its great. Cool world, interesting story with great dose of humor, beautifull art and sexy womens. Im a sucker for women with beautifull long hair soo i wish for more serena but i guess ill have to wait couple years :( Also, is there somewhere a vote pool for favourite girl? I'm courious what is other peoplle opinion.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I just finished the game and i think its great. Cool world, interesting story with great dose of humor, beautifull art and sexy womens. Im a sucker for women with beautifull long hair soo i wish for more serena but i guess ill have to wait couple years :( Also, is there somewhere a vote pool for favourite girl? I'm courious what is other peoplle opinion.
You can guesstimate who people like more with the update polls which decide who gets her update 1st. Ish. Or start 1 yourself and claim your waifu 1st before every1 else piles on

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Personally, I am sitting here so far (though not everyone is there yet).
1682275886182.png

Reactions: IanCormac92
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes