Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
I think the different cities are all for one girl, so every girl has a different city.
Because TheDevian laught about it, I meant, that we don't get to visit every city, except for a quest of one of the girls. So the mermaid story, is just one girl in a underwater city. In v0.6 we went to a hell house in another city, just for one quest.

But we will see...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Because TheDevian laught about it, I meant, that we don't get to visit every city, except for a quest of one of the girls. So the mermaid story, is just one girl in a underwater city. In v0.6 we went to a hell house in another city, just for one quest.

But we will see...
Yeah, I agree, that is most likely the case, though I hope we will be able to return to them, and have things to do at some point. ;)

Godaooo

Jul 14, 2018
Okay, how a bout the game, where did you extract it, what program did you use? How old is the save?
Can you upload one of your saves here, I can try to load it on my version, and we can see if it is the game or the save.
On PC I used WinRar to extract to my desktop. Here's a save file:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
On PC I used WinRar to extract to my desktop. Here's a save file:
I am afraid to say that it crashed for me too. So yeah, either the android ones are not the same any more, or there was some other issue, like a mod.

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1686347523383.png
Weekly report 161

Hi, everybody.
I hope you're all doing well and have had a fantastic week. Here's a summary of our progress:

Chestnut:
Last week, Chestnut completed four cutscenes; three from the first quest and one from the second quest. I have used placeholder art for the cutscenes corresponding to Gomira's first quest, and I'm excited to replace them with the final artwork while making any necessary text/posing adjustments. Additionally, Chestnut finished creating the artwork for 0.7's five achievements. She recorded the drawing process for two of them, which I shared here.

Pistachio:
I have completed Gomira's first quest, including all sprite dialogues and some optional convos. To enhance the impact of the ending, I spent a day adding sound effects and making subtle adjustments to the text and posing. I aso encountered a few bugs caused by changes in the usage of a Renpy displayable from an earlier event and fixed them.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut wants to continue working on cutscenes, focusing on completing the ones already started.
I plan to:
  • Replace the placeholder images with the final artwork.
  • Export and play through Gomira's first quest in its entirety multiple times for thorough testing.
  • Begin preparations for posing and editing Gomira's second quest.
  • Begin posing the second quest, if possible.

That's all, folks.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
View attachment 2686499
Weekly report 161

Hi, everybody.
I hope you're all doing well and have had a fantastic week. Here's a summary of our progress:

Chestnut:
Last week, Chestnut completed four cutscenes; three from the first quest and one from the second quest. I have used placeholder art for the cutscenes corresponding to Gomira's first quest, and I'm excited to replace them with the final artwork while making any necessary text/posing adjustments. Additionally, Chestnut finished creating the artwork for 0.7's five achievements. She recorded the drawing process for two of them, which I shared here.

Pistachio:
I have completed Gomira's first quest, including all sprite dialogues and some optional convos. To enhance the impact of the ending, I spent a day adding sound effects and making subtle adjustments to the text and posing. I aso encountered a few bugs caused by changes in the usage of a Renpy displayable from an earlier event and fixed them.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut wants to continue working on cutscenes, focusing on completing the ones already started.
I plan to:
  • Export and play through Gomira's first quest in its entirety multiple times for thorough testing.

That's all, folks.
Cheers
Have they ever mentioned how many quests the update is going to be? As having one finished quest after nearly 11 months is almost reaching Dark Cookie levels of sloth.

DerOli

Oct 11, 2022
View attachment 2686499
Weekly report 161

Hi, everybody.

Chestnut:

Pistachio:

Next week's plan:
I plan to:

That's all, folks.
Cheers
so maybe we'll get the update at the end of the year? Then Holly should get another quest line, which will probably come at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025 under these development conditions. This means that the main quest about Serena and Lana (if it is continued afterwards) will not continue until 2026 at the earliest.

Reactions: CJlOHNK

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I understand the frustration with the pace being slow and all but the quality we're getting is so high that I'm willing to wait a long time for each update. It's already one of the bigger games here and definitely worth paying for. And while the pace is slow there is constant progress and patrons are being informed about it. My advice: if you're a patron and don't like how slow it it just unsubscribe. For all others - wait patiently and find yourself something else to play in the meantime, although we don't have an alternative to What a Legend! and this game is just unique in every way.

usermesum

Oct 19, 2022
im stuck on mission explore the mansion and check upstair.
how can i explore the mansion?
i click everything but it’s useless

DerOli

Oct 11, 2022
View attachment 2686499
Weekly report 161

Hi, everybody.

Chestnut:

Pistachio:

Next week's plan:
I plan to:

That's all, folks.
Cheers
Less is more

I think the developers have overstretched themselves. I think that in a game developed by two people, less is more. No more updates for side character. Choose 4 - 5 girls and make them the main characters, the rest can appear as support. Limit yourself to 1-2 cities and leave the rest alone. Let the characters visit well-known places like the market place from time to time, then you don't have to redraw everything every time. And really think about hiring 1-2 people to support you.
Thank you and What a Legend! it's the best game here.

Sep 2, 2020
Less is more

I think the developers have overstretched themselves. I think that in a game developed by two people, less is more. No more updates for side character. Choose 4 - 5 girls and make them the main characters, the rest can appear as support. Limit yourself to 1-2 cities and leave the rest alone. Let the characters visit well-known places like the market place from time to time, then you don't have to redraw everything every time. And really think about hiring 1-2 people to support you.
Thank you and What a Legend! it's the best game here.
well you make a fair point, we have to be objective and actually remind ourselves these devs have an income of about €7900 (that's euros for anyone who doesn't know) which is insane given their very poor output. And why ER420R makes a good point as well. Hiring or getting more help isn't even a question at this point when they make close to 100k in euros per year

MagicNuts was the first dev team i've backed ever back when What a Legend was barely a thread on this site. Its nice to see the game get the recognition it deserves but one can't help but get the feeling that maybe success as gone to their heads.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes