zappycomics

Jun 22, 2019
Thank you all! I found her at the cursed house in the village. Sorry to be annoying.. do you know where can I find the mudbank?

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Well, rules of the site say that tags are only for currently included content, I think it was added at the time when we thought the woodcutter was alive or something, but I am not sure. Someone might have made a mistake... :unsure:
Before Myrtle's update her only content was spying on her bathing and seeing her wear a wet shirt. So it still wouldn't have been cheating. Once Myrtle finally got content we found out her husband was dead in the same update.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
In recent times I've been forcing myself to try 2D games, which I've always avoided for different reasons: some have animesque art that I don't really enjoy, many are RPG or grindy piles of shit, and as a general rule I don't find 2D-art as sexy as well-done 3D models, meaning that the sexual parts of 2D-games do nothing for me.
To be honest, I used to simply ignore their threads as soon as they popped up in Latest Updates so that they would be shaded there and never "bothered" me again.

What A Legend was one of those games I had ignored, but I decided to try it as well after seeing it in moskyx 's signature.
Well, so far What A Legend is hands-down the best one I've tried. The art style is magnificent; it has the type of 2D that I have liked the most until now. It doesn't intend to be 100% realistic but it's not overly cartoonish either. There's a lot of movement and variety in the characters; I mean, it's not like other games where you spend 5 minutes reading the text while the same exact image is shown. I guess this is more prevalent in hand-drawn art, and I appreciate the effort of those artists, but I'd rather have more varied CG art than the same hand-drawn art on my screen for 5 minutes.
Besides, the animations are really fluid and well done. They are much better than your average pre-cooked Daz stuff, and way better than those 3D games using awkward image loops.
Also, the story is far-fetched and funny, the mechanics are point-and-click rather than some real grindy sandbox, so that's cool too, and the game seems very polished as a whole.

The only thing that's been bugging me is the fact that is has gone almost a whole year without an update and the progress tracker for the next update is far from 100% complete. There's a lot of content with a couple of girls, but the others have barely done anything yet. The current version is supposed to be 0.6, which as I understand it means there have been 5 updates after the original releae. Since I'm totally new here, can someone please enlighten me as to how much content the next update is expected to have? Is it going to be much bigger than the previous ones and that's why it's taking so long? Holly is my fave and it would be sad to have to wait for years for any substantial intimate scenes with her.

Finally, I have a small problem when I play on full-screen mode. I've tried to find an answer using the search box but I haven't found anything. I'm not even sure what I should type to find the answer.
When I play on full-screen, the background flickers all the time. There's something like a flickering light or something; the more heavily animated a scene is, the more noticeable it is. It's really annoying, I can't play like that so I changed to windowed mode and it disappeared completely. Has anyone experienced anything like that?

Reactions: fapderp11

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
In recent times I've been forcing myself to try 2D games, which I've always avoided for different reasons: some have animesque art that I don't really enjoy, many are RPG or grindy piles of shit, and as a general rule I don't find 2D-art as sexy as well-done 3D models, meaning that the sexual parts of 2D-games do nothing for me.
To be honest, I used to simply ignore their threads as soon as they popped up in Latest Updates so that they would be shaded there and never "bothered" me again.

What A Legend was one of those games I had ignored, but I decided to try it as well after seeing it in moskyx 's signature.
Well, so far What A Legend is hands-down the best one I've tried. The art style is magnificent; it has the type of 2D that I have liked the most until now. It doesn't intend to be 100% realistic but it's not overly cartoonish either. There's a lot of movement and variety in the characters; I mean, it's not like other games where you spend 5 minutes reading the text while the same exact image is shown. I guess this is more prevalent in hand-drawn art, and I appreciate the effort of those artists, but I'd rather have more varied CG art than the same hand-drawn art on my screen for 5 minutes.
Besides, the animations are really fluid and well done. They are much better than your average pre-cooked Daz stuff, and way better than those 3D games using awkward image loops.
Also, the story is far-fetched and funny, the mechanics are point-and-click rather than some real grindy sandbox, so that's cool too, and the game seems very polished as a whole.

The only thing that's been bugging me is the fact that is has gone almost a whole year without an update and the progress tracker for the next update is far from 100% complete. There's a lot of content with a couple of girls, but the others have barely done anything yet. The current version is supposed to be 0.6, which as I understand it means there have been 5 updates after the original releae. Since I'm totally new here, can someone please enlighten me as to how much content the next update is expected to have? Is it going to be much bigger than the previous ones and that's why it's taking so long? Holly is my fave and it would be sad to have to wait for years for any substantial intimate scenes with her.

Finally, I have a small problem when I play on full-screen mode. I've tried to find an answer using the search box but I haven't found anything. I'm not even sure what I should type to find the answer.
When I play on full-screen, the background flickers all the time. There's something like a flickering light or something; the more heavily animated a scene is, the more noticeable it is. It's really annoying, I can't play like that so I changed to windowed mode and it disappeared completely. Has anyone experienced anything like that?
Ha! So now I'm an influencer! Nice :ROFLMAO:

Re: next update lenght: if you played the whole game, the 0.6 version was entirely about Rose. So every scene in her story since you find Jebediah at her door was the new content made for 0.6 (that is her 3 quests: fighting her inner demon and getting accepted by the villagers, regaining her powers, and finally dealing with Abu-Gadu; plus the threesome with Myrtle, from Myrtle carving her special blue dildo to the actual scene; and of course the repeteable sex scenes with her which are basically reusing the quest's art but still needed to be coded and written differently). Devs said this next update (entirely focused on Gomira) will have more words than Rose's but only 2 quests (instead of the usual 3) that will be more action-packed so they are more complex to draw (in fact, there are way more art tasks planned in the progress tracker for 0.7 -283- than there were for 0.6 -199-); all in all, this means that in terms of playtime it *could* feel shorter than the previous ones despite being objectively bigger. At least, according to devs, who in my experience tend to understimate how much time attentive players actually need to complete each update.

As for the long waiting times between updates, in top of the art being more complex than in previous updates, our beloved Galician couple have had a second child back in September so development slowed down noticeably for a few months. On top of that, the man of the house also had to undergo a minor surgery that went wrong and he had to be patched again, so for a month or so he wasn't able to neither properly work on the game nor on his parental duties, putting more weight on his wife's shoulders (who happens to be the team's only artist if we don't count the sketch artist they commision for some backgrounds). So you can see it's been an eventful period and it has had an impact on development time. Fortunately for you, patrons have already chosen Holly as the main focus for 0.8 update, so you won't have to wait as long as Maple's or Lady Goldenbush's fans.

The fullscreen issue could be caused by multiple reasons. According to devs, "if you have issues with the pc build, try the compressed version, or you can also press shift+G and play around with different graphics options (changing rendering mode, fps, etc.) to improve the game's performance."

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Before Myrtle's update her only content was spying on her bathing and seeing her wear a wet shirt. So it still wouldn't have been cheating. Once Myrtle finally got content we found out her husband was dead in the same update.
Yeah, I figure it was a misunderstanding or a change on plans on the part of the devs.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Ha! So now I'm an influencer! Nice :ROFLMAO:

Re: next update lenght: if you played the whole game, the 0.6 version was entirely about Rose. So every scene in her story since you find Jebediah at her door was the new content made for 0.6 (that is her 3 quests: fighting her inner demon and getting accepted by the villagers, regaining her powers, and finally dealing with Abu-Gadu; plus the threesome with Myrtle, from Myrtle carving her special blue dildo to the actual scene; and of course the repeteable sex scenes with her which are basically reusing the quest's art but still needed to be coded and written differently). Devs said this next update (entirely focused on Gomira) will have more words than Rose's but only 2 quests (instead of the usual 3) that will be more action-packed so they are more complex to draw (in fact, there are way more art tasks planned in the progress tracker for 0.7 -283- than there were for 0.6 -199-); all in all, this means that in terms of playtime it *could* feel shorter than the previous ones despite being objectively bigger. At least, according to devs, who in my experience tend to understimate how much time attentive players actually need to complete each update.

As for the long waiting times between updates, in top of the art being more complex than in previous updates, our beloved Galician couple have had a second child back in September so development slowed down noticeably for a few months. On top of that, the man of the house also had to undergo a minor surgery that went wrong and he had to be patched again, so for a month or so he wasn't able to neither properly work on the game nor on his parental duties, putting more weight on his wife's shoulders (who happens to be the team's only artist if we don't count the sketch artist they commision for some backgrounds). So you can see it's been an eventful period and it has had an impact on development time. Fortunately for you, patrons have already chosen Holly as the main focus for 0.8 update, so you won't have to wait as long as Maple's or Lady Goldenbush's fans.

The fullscreen issue could be caused by multiple reasons. According to devs, "if you have issues with the pc build, try the compressed version, or you can also press shift+G and play around with different graphics options (changing rendering mode, fps, etc.) to improve the game's performance."
You just blew my mind... So a couple from Galicia is making this game? But I thought Galicians had no sense of humour! :KEK: :KEK:
(I'm joking :ROFLMAO:)
And you seem to be a close supporter and very chummy with them too.
I guess they must be getting help from some native speaker because I didn't notice anything at all in the text. Either that or they are very, very proficient in English.

Anyway, thank you very much for the reply, amigo. I haven't got to Rose's part yet, so when I play it I will pay attention to the amount of content in it.
It's a shame that this type of games take so long to create due to the huge necessary workload, but I'm not sure if devoting an entire update to just a single girl every time is the best way to go. One girl is just one step away from getting pregnant while others don't even do a handjob for years. I don't know...
I'm glad to read that Holly will be next. It will take a while but honestly, there's no other like her in the game :love:

As for the full-screen flickering, I had already tried the compressed version and it was still there. I'll try you other suggestions later.
In any case, it's not a big deal. The margins on windowed mode are a bit annoying but nothing exaggerated.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, I figure it was a misunderstanding or a change on plans on the part of the devs.
I don't think so. Even before we found out he was dead her we never saw her husband. I'm pretty sure he was always planned to be dead or missing at least. I really do think the cheating tag is just for Gretta. You're not supposed to include planned tags but uploaders do it all the time. People also miss tag things and sometimes use ntr tag instead of the cheating tag.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I don't think so. Even before we found out he was dead her we never saw her husband. I'm pretty sure he was always planned to be dead or missing at least. I really do think the cheating tag is just for Gretta. You're not supposed to include planned tags but uploaders do it all the time. People also miss tag things and sometimes use ntr tag instead of the cheating tag.
Like I said, a misunderstanding about how tags work. We can report it, and have it removed...

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
You just blew my mind... So a couple from Galicia is making this game? But I thought Galicians had no sense of humour! :KEK: :KEK:
I guess they must be getting help from some native speaker because I didn't notice anything at all in the text. Either that or they are very, very proficient in English.

Anyway, thank you very much for the reply, amigo. I haven't got to Rose's part yet, so when I play it I will pay attention to the amount of content in it.
It's a shame that this type of games take so long to create due to the huge necessary workload, but I'm not sure if devoting an entire update to just a single girl every time is the best way to go. One girl is just one step away from getting pregnant while others don't even do a handjob for years. I don't know...
I'm glad to read that Holly will be next. It will take a while but honestly, there's no other like her in the game :love:

As for the full-screen flickering, I had already tried the compressed version and it was still there. I'll try you other suggestions later.
In any case, it's not a big deal. The margins on windowed mode are a bit annoying but nothing exaggerated.
As far as I know, he used to work as an English teacher and they both lived in England for some time. And patrons voted for this character-focused approach: until 0.4 they were slowly advancing main and side stories on each update (that's why Holly and Maple have one quest each); from then on, we got Myrtle's whole story on 0.4, Lana's story (and Simonne's first quest) on 0.5, and Rose's on 0.6. Devs are happy with this since they can finish these side stories in one go but it's true that the decision was made more than 2 years ago and fans may have changed their minds since then. I'm not actually a patron so I don't know if there's some movement within the current paying supporters in that regard.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Like I said, a misunderstanding about how tags work. We can report it, and have it removed...
Eh I don't really think it's worth it or that it's a big deal. The game probably will have cheating so I don't really see the point in removing it. The whole rule about not including planned tags is because ideas for those tags occasionally get scrapped or a game gets abandoned before making it that far.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Eh I don't really think it's worth it or that it's a big deal. The game probably will have cheating so I don't really see the point in removing it. The whole rule about not including planned tags is because ideas for those tags occasionally get scrapped or a game gets abandoned before making it that far.
Well, no, the reason for that rule is so that people who want that content, won't find games with those tags, play the game for that kink, and not find anything they wanted to see.
I agree, it will probably be added for Gretta (at least I hope so, more fun rubbing it in his face that way), and in theory someone else, like Simmone, could end up with a fiancee promised them before it's over, and now that I think about it, wasn't Holly engaged to Waldo at one point in her story? Maybe that is what they are counting?

Reactions: whichone

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
[...]
Well, it worked. Apparently, I just had to disable the default Powersave mode. Thank you for the tip, man (y)

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021

Just click on "preferences" after the age verification screen and the choice between windowed and full screen is at the top left corner of the screen

Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Just click on "preferences" after the age verification screen and the choice between windowed and full screen is at the top left corner of the screen
Thank you for trying to help. I found the solution and it had to do with the Powersave mode that comes by default. I disabled it and now everything's fine.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes