Shuls01

May 22, 2018
Came here just to check how things were going since its been a while and I find all these clowns complaining about the game not being finished in an unreasonable amount of time, had some good laughs so thanks for that :LUL:

Anyways I hope the devs are doing well :giggle:

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
@ dark0s
wow, lots of text but an interesting reading. On few things i could agree and on others i disagree.
For me my support is not to buy the game rather to support an artist for his work (dream would be too misleading).
Lets take the amount: i am on the 5 $ range, supported the artist for around 2 years, that's around 130 $. Not much money in my case, my wife spends triple the amount monthly for nonsense. Also i support other projects like our local sport club, other artists, people in need and so on. Do i care or ask for something in return? not really. could i have used this money elsewhere? -probably. Can i live without this game? For sure, and if the artist some day decide to drop the game without reason or go the "dr.bones-way" i would drop the support that's for sure.
Another thing would be the "high income" of the artist: few posting before someone posted a maybe valid calculation, if i take this calculation their income would be something like 2500$ for each artist (2persons). I work in a bigger studio and even the artists in our Spanish satellite facility would be laughing about this amount. (e.g. coder ~4k, graphic ~3.5k /month), so what gives.
So as a result: yes the wait time is annoying especial if you are a fan, on the other hand the "nuts" are transparent about their work so why worry, a delay is not life threatening.

dark0s

Oct 11, 2019
@ dark0s
wow, lots of text but an interesting reading. On few things i could agree and on others i disagree.
For me my support is not to buy the game rather to support an artist for his work (dream would be too misleading).
Lets take the amount: i am on the 5 $ range, supported the artist for around 2 years, that's around 130 $. Not much money in my case, my wife spends triple the amount monthly for nonsense. Also i support other projects like our local sport club, other artists, people in need and so on. Do i care or ask for something in return? not really. could i have used this money elsewhere? -probably. Can i live without this game? For sure, and if the artist some day decide to drop the game without reason or go the "dr.bones-way" i would drop the support that's for sure.
Another thing would be the "high income" of the artist: few posting before someone posted a maybe valid calculation, if i take this calculation their income would be something like 2500$ for each artist (2persons). I work in a bigger studio and even the artists in our Spanish satellite facility would be laughing about this amount. (e.g. coder ~4k, graphic ~3.5k /month), so what gives.
So as a result: yes the wait time is annoying especial if you are a fan, on the other hand the "nuts" are transparent about their work so why worry, a delay is not life threatening.
Fair enough, I may have been too crude/crass with the way I described my stance but basically I think that spending money on product is good, but perpetually supporting something without getting much in return is not something I can get behind. So I spend whatever I feel like the end product should cost (anywhere from 10 to 60$) and if the product is never finished then, oh well, I got played. But if it does get finished - at least I already paid for it. As for the income... Well, your studio example is ofc neat, but those people actually have standards of work. They get shit done, or they get fired - you feel me? They are hired by people and have supervisors, have critical dates to meet and certain amounts of work to get done before those dates. Patreon subscribers are not supervisors, they don't hold that power. There is no centralized system that guarantees that any amount of work is done at all, or maybe some is done each day but instead of full 8 hours they're working for maybe 2 or 4, depending on how they feel like during any day. I understand what you're saying though, in general it just feels like we have different perspectives on the issue.

Last edited:

YaBoy

Jan 2, 2017
Beyond Gomira, is there an existing roadmap on who the following updates will be focused? Or do they typically decide/announce this following the update.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Beyond Gomira, is there an existing roadmap on who the following updates will be focused? Or do they typically decide/announce this following the update.
There's a Patreon poll after each update. So it's already known that Holly will be the focus of 0.8 after Gomira. And, when Gomira's update drops, a new poll will decide the focus of 0.9

CGNefarious

May 17, 2020
I always assumed the quality, extreme attention to detail, and clear care the devs put into the game would be enough for most people to understand why it takes longer to make than your standard Daz or HS based games that can put out reasonable length updates every three to six months. Guess I was mistaken.

Either way, as someone pretty active in their discord it's clear they're still working diligently on the game. There have been times where progress has been slower, and they've communicated such to patrons, but I have no doubt that they want this update to come out as much, if not more, than the rest of us. I am looking forward to it.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
I always assumed the quality, extreme attention to detail, and clear care the devs put into the game would be enough for most people to understand why it takes longer to make than your standard Daz or HS based games that can put out reasonable length updates every three to six months. Guess I was mistaken.

Either way, as someone pretty active in their discord it's clear they're still working diligently on the game. There have been times where progress has been slower, and they've communicated such to patrons, but I have no doubt that they want this update to come out as much, if not more, than the rest of us. I am looking forward to it.
there is no need to be condescending, people understand that quality hand drawn art takes longer but when you go over a year without a release people are either gonna tune out or get upset.
I rarely comment or even open this thread anymore because there is nothing to discuss in terms the actual game/story/art and so on; which is kinda the point, when there is nothing to discuss the people who don't leave are gonna discuss how there is nothing to discuss.

Reactions: Bird34 and obibobi

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017

And when it comes out after over a year of development and is the same ten to fifteen minutes of content as every other update that took nowhere near as long and had the same care and attention to detail, what will you say then?

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
And when it comes out after over a year of development and is the same ten to fifteen minutes of content as every other update that took nowhere near as long and had the same care and attention to detail, what will you say then?
Have you ever played this game? For example, Mytril's update took me several days and that's a VN only. Even when skipping, it's definitely contenet for more than 15-20 minutes.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
there is no need to be condescending, people understand that quality hand drawn art takes longer but when you go over a year without a release people are either gonna tune out or get upset.
Some people. Remember that the patrons voted in favor of longer development cycles, and I'd say their opinions hold greater weight than people playing for free.

Reactions: whichone and Finuee

snapfizz

Mar 14, 2022
Came here just to check how things were going since its been a while and I find all these clowns complaining about the game not being finished in an unreasonable amount of time, had some good laughs so thanks for that :LUL:

Anyways I hope the devs are doing well :giggle:
damn bro you like getting hit in the ass for sure

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Storm and gerow

Abadd0n

Apr 7, 2019
a year without updates sucks ass, but I like that we get a weekly report about how far they have come. Unlike some other gamrs (something unlimted) I have hopes for this game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KillerBee487

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
not here to complain about how long the gomira update has taken, i fully understand that the devs put out high quality shit so it's worth the wait, but has there been any talk or estimate done on when the new update will be released? (sorry if this has been asked a lot before).
Based on the progress so far, I estimate about 3 months. Give or take...

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017
1693013121564.png
Weekly report 172
Hi, everybody.
I hope you've had a great week. Here's what we did:

Chestnut:
She worked mostly on sprites, finishing up the nude base for Gomira (see this video), and doing hands and extra outfits for Mei. There were also a few hands she drew for one of the update's antagonists. Additionally, she worked on work-in-progress cutscenes from both the first and the second quests (one of which we posted as a spoiler image).

Pistachio:
I did pretty much what I had planned to do. I wrote a couple of new dialogues (when editing wasn't enough and the whole approach had to change), coded in some artworks, and added a different form of ATL animation (that's Renpy's term for using its functions to visually transform media) for one of the earlier cutscenes, which took me more time than I had anticipated, but I love the final outcome so it was worth it, and did a lot of editing.

Next week's plan:
The current editing should keep me busy during the weekend (including tonight), but starting Monday, I will drop whatever I'm working on and begin posing a new dialogue.
Chestnut wants to finish more sprite elements, and in between different characters will work on cutscenes.

That's all.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes