Nov 15, 2019
Hello
just loaded and played until its current end.
It looks like becoming a great game! I like the humor, the (amazing) pictures and the idea/concept behind the game and wait for much more fun- and happiness :)

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hi everybody.

It's the last report of the month, and we want to keep you up to date with the latest status of the game.

Release date
We had said earlier that we'd like to release 0.3 on the first weekend of September. However, that date is not going to be enough as there's still more work left to do. Our new deadline is the 20th of September. We're confident that we'll finish the release before that date, but we want to avoid changing the deadline a second time. Therefore, our plan is to release the game as soon as it's ready before that date.
To get a clearer idea of how we're doing, keep an eye on the progress tracker we're updating daily.

If you're a Best Friend or a Close Friend tier patrons that would like to see your name and avatar in the game, make it and send it to Pistachio (on Discord or with a Patreon message).

Save files
There were several questions lately about whether the save files from 0.2 will work in 0.3. Although most of you already know the answer, we want to confirm that yes, the old save files will be compatible, and you'll be able to continue your game.

What to expect from 0.3
The game will have between 30-45 mins of playtime. The more dev time needed is the resulting of 0.3 having more cinematic cutscenes than 0.2. The sexual content planned are: a titjob, a dry-hump, and one extra vaginal sex. The extra scene was added because we thought that it was necessary for Holly's first story to feel complete. We don't want to say more so as not to spoil things.

Weekly report
Chestnut has been working very hard on the cutscenes, and she's going to continue doing so in the next week.
I am done with the posing and wanted to start coding some new elements for the crystal ball, but instead, I began editing and fixing what was done. My plan for the next week is to completely edit the game and do coding tasks.

Have a great weekend
Cheers

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Many of the decent scenes like Myrtle wearing your clothes are locked behind cutscenes that require a replaying of the story. Not sure if that makes much sense, though I suppose making anything that is vaguely sexual an option in the gallery is not much of a solution. Sucks that all that hard work drawing those are seen only once.

Also yay at holly getting a vaginal.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
This game is pure comedy gold. The moment I saw the art I knew this would be quality stuff. But when the 'end of current version content' is a hilarious scene of its own, you know you've got something truly special. This is a game crafted with passion and it shows in every aspect of it. The attention to detail is mind-boggling, from the hand-painted game title, all the way to the dragon flying around the map and the spider in MC's bag. I can only see it getting better in the future.

At some point I didn't even care about sexy scenes, the story is just so fun and entertaining. Bonus points for naming the guard Kevin and how humorous practically anything related to him is. He's probably my favorite character and I'm totally looking forward to having a poker night with him and his buds, where I can get fleeced and have some proper use for the infinite gold sack.

Last edited:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
This game is pure comedy gold. The moment I saw the art I knew this would be quality stuff. But when the 'end of current version content' is a hilarious scene of its own, you know you've got something truly special. This is a game crafted with passion and it shows in every aspect of it. The attention to detail is mind-boggling, from the hand-painted game title, all the way to the dragon flying around the map and the spider in MC's bag. I can only see it getting better in the future.

At some point I didn't even care about sexy scenes, the story is just so fun and entertaining. Bonus points for naming the guard Kevin and how humorous practically anything related to him is. He's probably my favorite character and I'm totally looking forward to having a poker night with him and his buds, where I can get fleeced and have some proper use for the infinite gold sack.
Kevin is a fucking chad yo.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
What to expect from 0.3
The game will have between 30-45 mins of playtime. The more dev time needed is the resulting of 0.3 having more cinematic cutscenes than 0.2. The sexual content planned are: a titjob, a dry-hump, and one extra vaginal sex. The extra scene was added because we thought that it was necessary for Holly's first story to feel complete. We don't want to say more so as not to spoil things.
I read somewhere in this thread that sexual content in next update will be only titjob, assjob and some other teasejob and was a bit bummed out. But now you are telling me there will be actual sex too? The hype is real again.:love:

I hope main character wont get blueballed in that scene though. So many games do that for some reason recently. :unsure:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hi everybody.

It's the end of the month, and some of you will be considering renewing your subscriptions, and others may be weighing the option of becoming a patron. Whichever is your case, we're going to be making a few changes for 0.4 onward, and since these changes will take effect from the middle of the month, we thought it's only fair that you know what you'll support before you pledge.

The changes are as follows:
Breaks:
We've worked on WaL full-time (10h+ a day) since May, and we've had almost zero weekends or days off (except a two-day break after the release of 0.2). We like working on the game, and this extensive stretch of work was not planned. However, overworking is not healthy, and we want to make the right decisions for our long-term health, and the health of this project.
Therefore, starting from 0.4, we will take one day a week off, to go for a walk, play somebody else's game, or just do nothing!

Release dates:
Up to now, we've publicly announced our internal deadline estimates. Those dates have been merely estimates, however, it's hard to stop people perceiving them to be set release dates. This has the potential to create an unpleasant dilemma:
  • either we'll have to push the date (the case with 0.3)
  • or we'll have to cut out content that we think would improve the game but that we won't have enough time for
Therefore, we're going to refrain from giving any release dates whatsoever.
We'll continue to work as we've been doing so far. We'll also update the progress-tracker daily as that is a good and accurate indicator of whether the next release is around the corner.

Caveat:
These changes are not set in stone. We're learning things as we go along, and if we end up seeing that we should change our approach, we have no problem doing so, always communicating it clearly with our patrons and community.

A clarification about 0.3 (possible SPOILER):
In the last weekly report, I mentioned that there's an extra vaginal sex. Many have taken that statement to mean that the scene in question is with Holly. I should've been more clear, perhaps, since I don't want you to come with the wrong expectations. I want to clarify that the sex in question will happen in Holly's story, but not necessarily with Holly.

Cheers

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
A clarification about 0.3 (possible SPOILER):
In the last weekly report, I mentioned that there's an extra vaginal sex. Many have taken that statement to mean that the scene in question is with Holly. I should've been more clear, perhaps, since I don't want you to come with the wrong expectations. I want to clarify that the sex in question will happen in Holly's story, but not necessarily with Holly.

Cheers
Oh. I guess it affects the pacing?

I'm assuming it's 'prolly Anne. Being the resident whore and all her being upfront would make sense. Disappointing, but understandable.

Last edited:

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
After going back and forth about whether to give this a try or not I finally gave in and tried it. Hoo boy was I not dissapointed! Loving the game so far but man I was so upset when I realized there was no more content. Can't wait for more from you guys!

Reactions: destroyerofassholes

bbalt

Aug 12, 2020
magicnuts I assume this was simply a case of being unaware rather than malicious (I didn't learn this until relatively recently, myself), but some folks have a big problem with the term "gypsy". My understanding is that it's considered something of a slur or derogatory name. It does affect me personally, and I don't know the specifics, I just know that some people get (justifiably) really upset by the use of that word.

I don't know if changing it to a more generic title like "Rose the Traveler" or something would make any meaningful difference in that regard, but it's something to consider. Certainly something to look into if you want to avoid accidentally leaning into any particularly harmful stereotypes or anything like that.

Again, I'm not accusing you of anything. I just wanted to give you a heads up about a thing some folks are sensitive about. Keep up the good work!

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
magicnuts I assume this was simply a case of being unaware rather than malicious (I didn't learn this until relatively recently, myself), but some folks have a big problem with the term "gypsy". My understanding is that it's considered something of a slur or derogatory name. It does affect me personally, and I don't know the specifics, I just know that some people get (justifiably) really upset by the use of that word.

I don't know if changing it to a more generic title like "Rose the Traveler" or something would make any meaningful difference in that regard, but it's something to consider. Certainly something to look into if you want to avoid accidentally leaning into any particularly harmful stereotypes or anything like that.

Again, I'm not accusing you of anything. I just wanted to give you a heads up about a thing some folks are sensitive about. Keep up the good work!
It's sometimes offensive to the Romani which the term refers to. The meaning here isn't Romani as in the people itself, but more the cultural annotations that surround it, the traveling cart and the magic-y occult stuff which the word gypsy also covers.

I think it's pretty judgemental to delete a term without even trying to see what way it's used, and what part of it is specficially offensive in other contexts.

In this context, it's pretty obvious that Rose's title refers not to the people but to the cultural meaning, the stereotype of a nomadic fortune teller. I don't see how that is offensive, even if a bit shallow.

bbalt

Aug 12, 2020
It's sometimes offensive to the Romani which the term refers to. The meaning here isn't Romani as in the people itself, but more the cultural annotations that surround it, the traveling cart and the magic-y occult stuff which the word gypsy also covers.

I think it's pretty judgemental to delete a term without even trying to see what way it's used, and what part of it is specficially offensive in other contexts.

In this context, it's pretty obvious that Rose's title refers not to the people but to the cultural meaning, the stereotype of a nomadic fortune teller. I don't see how that is offensive, even if a bit shallow.
That may be the case. And if so, then it's not a problem. Like I said, I don't really know the specifics. I just know that I have seen people take issue with the use of the term several times in the past and wanted to make sure the devs were at least aware it could potentially be an issue for somebody down the line. That's all.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
That may be the case. And if so, then it's not a problem. Like I said, I don't really know the specifics. I just know that I have seen people take issue with the use of the term several times in the past and wanted to make sure the devs were at least aware it could potentially be an issue for somebody down the line. That's all.
Here in Spain (dev's country, btw, which is an important detail) gipsy is a word as offensive as the way you mean it when you say it. So it can be terribly offensive and despective or just a mere description, especially if the subject is a "Romani". When talking about "Romani" people, well, Romani is of course a right term, but here gipsy people are usually proud of the term gipsy and use it constantly to refer to themselves and their culture. And as destroyerofassholes has pointed out, the word can also be used to describe a lifestyle. Again, it's the tone used what could bring the racist connotations, not the use of the word itself. So I don't think they'd have any problems with Rose's character

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019

Thanks for pointing it out. I wasn't thinking of the negative connotations of the word when I used it. The gypsy of our story is the stereotypical character of folktale and legend (from her visual style to the typical fortune-telling, etc.). But that being said, I'm not going to change it. My hope is that once people play the game, it'll become evident that the word is not used in a derogatory manner, and that the character is not portrayed as a reference to any 'real' group of people.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes