Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022

and they are still ADDING MORE TO IT, JUST DROP IT ALREADY
Hmm, it looks like it was only in the edit/debug section, so my guess is that some scenes doesn't work as projected hence the change.
The additional stuff could be related to this: " Pistachio: I edited a bunch of text, rewrote one dialogue, and finished the writing of two of the sex scenes. Additionally, I posed the sprite in a couple of dialogues and spent a day adding sound effects to different events from this quest. ".
and a quote from discord:
Why do you add new tasks?
Because we don't always plan things perfectly. For example, imagine that I thought that a certain scene was fine, and I had already edited the text and all, but then once I started posing it, the text didn't feel right and needed to be re-written (new writing task), and after that, it needed to happen at different hours of the day (new coding tasks), and the initial shorter scene ended up being much longer (say 3 new posing tasks). I have no problems adding tasks when I have done the job, but Chestnut, in general, is better at estimating her tasks, takes the possible edits and changes into account from the start, and even if she needs to do extra work, she often does it without counting the extra stuff.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023
Hmm, it looks like it was only in the edit/debug section, so my guess is that some scenes doesn't work as projected hence the change.
The additional stuff could be related to this: " Pistachio: I edited a bunch of text, rewrote one dialogue, and finished the writing of two of the sex scenes. Additionally, I posed the sprite in a couple of dialogues and spent a day adding sound effects to different events from this quest. ".
and a quote from discord:
Why do you add new tasks?
So actually nothing wrong as usual. He just updates the numbers a bit more.

Of course they only thing is the 16 months update delay, yeh well that life, shit happens...

Sep 14, 2023
Imagine having to wait 1 year and 3 months for an update with a character you don't like :Kappa:
Yeh that's really funny. I thought the same. But then I didn't like the drunken elf either. But they somehow made me love her. So I'm looking forward to a story with a character I don't like.

Reactions: kinkai

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Anyone have any info on how much of the overall game is actually completed? Like if I don't touch the game for 5yrs will it be completed by then or is it still going to be a work in progress?

Sep 14, 2023
Anyone have any info on how much of the overall game is actually completed? Like if I don't touch the game for 5yrs will it be completed by then or is it still going to be a work in progress?
If you come back in januari 2024, we can have this discussion again, for the next 5 months....

1699269901351.png

I think Art is the most important. That's almost finished, it's the one item that takes the most time, can't really hurry that part. Of course posing is a difficult one, if during posing they find out, something doesn't go well, they highly likely will add more art or different art.

Writing is almost finished it seems, so I don't expect there to be big dialog changes. And debugging is mostly a few weeks after it's finished, to find bugs.

But still difficult to put a date to it, a few months back, it was estimated end of this year. But that end of this year is coming rather quickly...

Reactions: TheDevian

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
If you come back in januari 2024, we can have this discussion again, for the next 5 months....

View attachment 3064840

I think Art is the most important. That's almost finished, it's the one item that takes the most time, can't really hurry that part. Of course posing is a difficult one, if during posing they find out, something doesn't go well, they highly likely will add more art or different art.

Writing is almost finished it seems, so I don't expect there to be big dialog changes. And debugging is mostly a few weeks after it's finished, to find bugs.

But still difficult to put a date to it, a few months back, it was estimated end of this year. But that end of this year is coming rather quickly...
I'm not talking about the next update I'm talking about the ENTIRE GAME. like at some point in time this game will be completed right? it's not going to turn into Summertime Saga where it just NEVER ends is it?

Sep 14, 2023
I'm not talking about the next update I'm talking about the ENTIRE GAME. like at some point in time this game will be completed right? it's not going to turn into Summertime Saga where it just NEVER ends is it?
Nope no idea, I have been following this game for a few years now, and I haven't ever read anything about an end point. The game talks about 1000ths of superpowers. And if you watch the map, it could go on for a long time. Of course I hope not these long updates.

One big advantages in comparison to summertime saga is, that they choose a different girl every time, and finish a story with her. I'm not sure if they ever go back to same girl and do another story with her. So the game is finished after every update...

Apr 22, 2019
Most probably not, unless they're going to release a "Part 2" later and after a cliffhanger, or ignore 80% of the actual map.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Reactions: SisterFucker3099

OniiichanYamete

Mar 21, 2022
Let's be honest, 1.5 years to release an update is insane. You can call me a hater but I can't believe they retain their payer base with such schedule. They lose people who liked their game and a lot of potential subscribers.

Can you imagine seeing a new game with a fresh update, liking it, checking the release history, and after that SUBSCRIBING with the understanding that the next 10-hour update would be in 2025?

This game wouldn't be completed if they didn't change their way of doing things.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Pistachio's words this evening on Discord (for context, some user was asking about when they could expect translations to be ready after the update):

I just did a new word count and the game has 220,000 words of dialogue (just dialogue and not counting all the other texts such as hints, achievements, etc.). By comparison the 0.7 today has 58,000 words (that will change before the release), so that should give you an idea.
actually now that I see 0.7 will have almost 1/3 the number of words of the previous 6 releases combined, I think you should expect translators to take some time before they have it ready, even if they're not starting from scratch, and are available+intersted.
I'm actually a bit annoyed with myself. last update I thought we should reduce the quests from 3 to 2 to make the dev time faster, and instead we ended up making 2 large ones. do I like the quests? Yes, they're cinematic and --at least to me-- fun, but 99% of those texts need posing, art, and all the other elements that take time

gameBoi1000

Nov 7, 2023
Let's be honest, 1.5 years to release an update is insane. You can call me a hater but I can't believe they retain their payer base with such schedule. They lose people who liked their game and a lot of potential subscribers.

Can you imagine seeing a new game with a fresh update, liking it, checking the release history, and after that SUBSCRIBING with the understanding that the next 10-hour update would be in 2025?

This game wouldn't be completed if they didn't change their way of doing things.
Maybe you have some spare time, get on board and help a sister out!

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

The patreons voted for bigger updates that would take longer rather than small quick updates.
Why they voted that dumb option only god knows why.

• Angry
Reactions: jtc
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes