Sep 14, 2023
if you actually read their reports, you'll see that there is absolutely no correlation between this chart, what they supposely do and the reality, it is just something to feed the hungry
it will be done when it will be done, no point of doing any guesses or projections based on these "progress reports"
I just count the numbers divide them by other numbers, and give you a number.

Do you have anything better to do while waiting for that damn long update ? No? Me neither, that's why I do it...

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
if you actually read their reports, you'll see that there is absolutely no correlation between this chart, what they supposely do and the reality, it is just something to feed the hungry
it will be done when it will be done, no point of doing any guesses or projections based on these "progress reports"
OK, let's "actually read" the key points from the report, regarding what they've been working on for the last week:
"Chestnut:
She spent the week drawing artwork.
...to account for that some of the artworks need to be recomposed.
Pistachio:
I edited and posed dialogues from Gomira's second quest"

Art, Posing & Editing.
So let's check those 3 aspects:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Art went from 294/299 to 291/299.
As explained by "some of the artworks need to be recomposed".
Posing has gone from 275/330 (83.3%) - 280/330 (84.8%).
Editing has gone from 379/381 (99.5%) - 386/387 (99.7%).

But "there is absolutely no correlation", right? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Honestly, how do you not see it?? :unsure:

Last edited:

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
OK, let's "actually read" the key points from the report, regarding what they've been working on for the last week:
"Chestnut:
She spent the week drawing artwork.
...to account for that some of the artworks need to be recomposed.
Pistachio:
I edited and posed dialogues from Gomira's second quest"

Art, Posing & Editing.
So let's check those 3 aspects:
Art went from 294/299 to 291/299.
As explained by "some of the artworks need to be recomposed".
Posing has gone from 275/330 (83.3%) - 280/330 (84.8%).
Editing has gone from 379/381 (99.5%) - 386/387 (99.7%).

But "there is absolutely no correlation", right? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Honestly, how do you not see it?? :unsure:
I read from his last report (all of them sound like this for me) - we did something, maybe, but lets pretend we did something so we have excuse to change some numbers around in the chart so at the end the grand total ends up 2-3% more than the previous one and shows "progress"

I think I've said this before, with their workflow, spending a month or two on planning alone would negate the need for constant "rewrites" and "redrawing" which is a giant time sink, and the chart says planning is done and writing is virtually complete, yet week after week there is constant rework...

so, yes, I think that chart is but a joke, and is there so some people can pretend to understand something and end up seeing "progress"

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I read from his last report (all of them sound like this for me) - we did something, maybe, but lets pretend we did something so we have excuse to change some numbers around in the chart so at the end the grand total ends up 2-3% more than the previous one and shows "progress"

I think I've said this before, with their workflow, spending a month or two on planning alone would negate the need for constant "rewrites" and "redrawing" which is a giant time sink, and the chart says planning is done and writing is virtually complete, yet week after week there is constant rework...

so, yes, I think that chart is but a joke, and is there so some people can pretend to understand something and end up seeing "progress"
That's absurd. They do spend a month planning the tasks needed for the update at the start of every cycle, and that initial planning phase is what we see as completed. Now, unless you are Hannibal Smith, chances are your plans won't exactly work out as you imagined when you get to actually develop them. Fixing, tweaking and redoing things is quite normal in this line of creative work, especially when you're setting your own deadlines and can go back and make those changes until you are happy enough with the results.

In the end, you just don't believe what you read but you don't have any actual proof to back your claims. Only your own delusions and prejudices - and first Wichone showed that weekly reports actually correlate with the daily charts, and now you showed you don't understand how development works. But of course you have all the right to express your faulty opinion.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
That's absurd. They do spend a month planning the tasks needed for the update at the start of every cycle, and that initial planning phase is what we see as completed. Now, unless you are Hannibal Smith, chances are your plans won't exactly work out as you imagined when you get to actually develop them. Fixing, tweaking and redoing things is quite normal in this line of creative work, especially when you're setting your own deadlines and can go back and make those changes until you are happy enough with the results.

In the end, you just don't believe what you read but you don't have any actual proof to back your claims. Only your own delusions and prejudices - and first Wichone showed that weekly reports actually correlate with the daily charts, and now you showed you don't understand how development works. But of course you have all the right to express your faulty opinion.
if this was their first update, sure, things go wrong, need reworking etc, but if you're any good at all at anything, then you learn and don't repeat mistakes over and over and over and over again wasting huge amounts of time on rework

and their planning skills are absolutely terrible if they do this much rework, which also means that the chart is total nonsense, because they themselves don't know what the end product will be at this point, so how can you apply any weight to the total values on that chart?

and what deadlines? :ROFLMAO: there are no deadlines

they might, in couple months or weeks, announce that the Gomira didn't fit in the overall arc as well as they expected and announce they go different route with it start all over :ROFLMAO: like some other devs like to do in this genre, but no one is allowed to voice any criticism, because you know, its free after all :ROFLMAO:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
if this was their first update, sure, things go wrong, need reworking etc, but if you're any good at all at anything, then you learn and don't repeat mistakes over and over and over and over again wasting huge amounts of time on rework

and their planning skills are absolutely terrible if they do this much rework, which also means that the chart is total nonsense, because they themselves don't know what the end product will be at this point, so how can you apply any weight to the total values on that chart?

and what deadlines? :ROFLMAO: there are no deadlines

they might, in couple months or weeks, announce that the Gomira didn't fit in the overall arc as well as they expected and announce they go different route with it start all over :ROFLMAO: like some other devs like to do in this genre, but no one is allowed to voice any criticism, because you know, its free after all :ROFLMAO:
They did say they are poor planners, yeah, and this update has proved to be especially challenging in that regard. They also said the other day that there's no place in the chart for the time they spend playtesting the completed parts, so they just add a completed 'edit' task, even if they didn't need to fix anything, to show they actually worked on something. In the end, the chart works fine as it shows there's still some work to do and lets people easily infer the pace of development just by taking a look at some of them on different dates, so they can adjust their expectations -and payments- accordingly. It doesn't really matter if there are 25 tasks left or 250, or even if they keep adding (and completing) a couple of them every day; we all can see how fast those tasks are done and how they keep increasing, meaning there's still some time to kill before the update comes out. But, as it has been said, the written reports actually match those figures, which was your first claim. Don't move the goalposts.

As always, criticism is fine, but unless you have some solid and fair base for it, you'll be contested. As it's the case.

Now, what I find fun about this kind of 'criticism' is that these people actually seem to want the devs to earn even more money by doing a worse job, since more frequent updates would translate into more patrons (they all get a bump after each release) but a less polished product - which is what attracted them to the game in the first place. I guess that way they could keep coming here and say the game is overrated and half-assed and can't understand why people are paying any money for it. It must be a weird kink of theirs or something, but it's also a very nice one to have: they'll always have something worth complaining to scratch that itch of theirs.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Sounds like you didn't "actually read" anything, despite suggesting to others that's what they should do.
Hypocrisy.
You claimed that there was "absolutely no correlation" between the weekly report & the progress tracker.
I just conclusively showed why that is incorrect, by showing absolute correlation.

You're not doing yourself any favours here.

Jun 24, 2021
Hope the next update come up sooner .2023 is a really boring year of f95zone games which do not have too much game( I like )output .1What a legend ,game developers just have a baby so their work speed slow down .2The big beyond ,developer seem likes got sick ,and there is no idea whether he/she has recovered ,but this game do have a nice art with best milf I ever see,hope one day the onhold logo disappear.3.taffy tales,last update is a shit,bad ntr routine and disgusting AI prints .I don't put too much hope on this one anymore.4.summertime saga,almost dying game,maybe their game studio put focus on other object?5.Night driver,black toad now has back to develop this good game,“a game to be good one” ,first,it can not be a 3D works ,both Night driver and The big beyond are best milf art games for its masterpiece 2d art.and I also want to see more games update again( bone`s tales manor,behind the dune ,five of a kind )

Jarvis666

Dec 27, 2022
If the new update takes less than 10 hours to complete, then it will be very brazen on the part of the developer.

Dec 17, 2023
Taking a quick break from the heated discussion here...

If MagicNuts ever got more devs, what would their "nut" names be?

Like we got Pistachio, we got Chestnut, what are the odds we see an Almond? Maybe even, if they're brave, a Cashew?
Hazelnuts, Brazilnuts, Pecannuts, macademia nuts, Walnuts...

1703190410208.jpeg
Just imagine how fast the next update could be finished, if only we had Mixed nuts.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes