moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Haha, this game has been on my reading list for 68 days (although I've been following it for much longer). I check the progress bar religiously, at least once every few days, and I can tell you right now that that code bar has been sitting at 164/166 forEVER. I mean, how long does it take to write 2 lines, or blocks, or whatever-the-fuck-units-of-measurement you want of code? Absolutely ridiculous.
Dev said about 1.5 months ago that those 'two lines' will be the last tasks to do, after everything else is ready (they are related to the replay gallery). The current work is being done at the edit part of the progress tracker, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Dev said about 1.5 months ago that those 'two lines' will be the last tasks to do, after everything else is ready (they are related to the replay gallery). The current work is being done at the edit part of the progress tracker, as I'm sure you've noticed.
Why does the progress tracker need to be edited ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
Is that time of the day already? Ok. Daily (double) reminder that devs aren't spending two months fixing bugs, but editing several scenes' art and dialogues.
Personal choice and all, you be you but simping for devs, companies, celebs or whatever serves no purpose and is frankly and objectively stupid.

Again consumers don't care and at this rate it's clearly exploitative. I have no stake in it since would never pay or support people like this but I can still comment on it here.

I guess some people just enjoy getting taken advantage of or defending them.

Last edited:

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Personal choice and all, you be you but simping for devs, companies, celebs or whatever serves no purpose and is frankly and objectively stupid.

Again consumers don't care and at this rate it's clearly exploitative. I have no stake in it since would never pay or suport people like this but I can still comment on it here.

I guess some people just enjoy getting taken advantage of or defending them.
You are quoting a discord mod of Magicnuts,why you think hes so passive agressive with me?
Hes part of the agenda.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I'm just against people spreading false info just because they can get away with it. This is way beyond my 'duties' as a Discord mod, but I just seem to have a greater respect for F95 casual users who may not know what's going on and could be mislead by those false statements if they hop in the thread at the wrong time. And sometimes I also feel the need to defend adult people who make their own informed choices with their own money from the gratuitous attacks they receive from some very specific users in this thread, even if those patrons will never know they're being ridiculized here day after day. I get is funnier to be able to post the first accusations you may come up with and not having to read some other users calling you out for your behavior, or not getting those posts reported and deleted, but this is indeed a public forum and I'm also allowed to post in here and express my opinions on the matter. If someone is tired of reading my posts, they are free to ignore me. But I won't stop offering official info and rational reasonings to refute those ill-intentioned and/or hurtful messages and accusations, so maybe another option to not see me around so often is to not post that kind of messages.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
It looks like a lot of people are confused with the tracker info maybe because we are conditioned to read only the last line aka a summary. Wouldn't it be better if the tracker is optical changed like
total planning
total content
total polish
eg. like this quick collage :
progress-wal_edit.png
In my opinion it would be easier to read and understand but maybe i am wrong. Any comments?

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
It looks like a lot of people are confused with the tracker info maybe because we are conditioned to read only the last line aka a summary. Wouldn't it be better if the tracker is optical changed like
total planning
total content
total polish
View attachment 3685797
In my opinion it would be easier to read and understand but maybe i am wrong. Any comments?
Yeh the original is a bit depressing...

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
I'm just against people spreading false info just because they can get away with it. This is way beyond my 'duties' as a Discord mod, but I just seem to have a greater respect for F95 casual users who may not know what's going on and could be mislead by those false statements if they hop in the thread at the wrong time. And sometimes I also feel the need to defend adult people who make their own informed choices with their own money from the gratuitous attacks they receive from some very specific users in this thread, even if those patrons will never know they're being ridiculized here day after day. I get is funnier to be able to post the first accusations you may come up with and not having to read some other users calling you out for your behavior, or not getting those posts reported and deleted, but this is indeed a public forum and I'm also allowed to post in here and express my opinions on the matter. If someone is tired of reading my posts, they are free to ignore me. But I won't stop offering official info and rational reasonings to refute those ill-intentioned and/or hurtful messages and accusations, so maybe another option to not see me around so often is to not post that kind of messages.
Noone is immune to probaganda sums this up pretty well, "official" information.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
total planning
total content
total polish
View attachment 3685797
Actually, the tracker used to look like that in the past. But every time we got to this last part of the development cycle, many people focused on all those 'content' bars at 100% and didn't understand that the 'polish' bars needed to get to 100% too, so they started asking for the update anyway because 'hey, content is already done, why you haven't released the update'. So devs chose to put those 'polish' bars up there, hoping people would see them first and realize at first glance there's still some work to do. But yeah, it seems some people are still confused.

Cro

May 10, 2017
Is that time of the day already? Ok. Daily (double) reminder that devs aren't spending two months fixing bugs, but editing several scenes' art and dialogues.
Gee, great, editing dialogues, that's even worse than fixing bugs for 2 months :)

• Haha
Reactions: moskyx

Alexxx888

Apr 22, 2022
Mid June the end of the editing then a half of the month for debugging, so start of July looks like highly likely.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
Thanks moskyxs, didn't know the history of the tracker. So whatever the tracker looks like people will ask the cursed "when" or start the dreadful speculations.
Just thinking: what will happen if the summary lines (the "total * " ) will be omitted? So nobody sees the misleading high percentage ? (misleading as for POV of the user) ?
edit: yes, i understand that polish is a fraction of the content but not every one of the user will have the same insight.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Do you think this is the first time a developer has pulled a funny on supporters? You are not 'defending' anyone, stop fooling yourself Mr. Discord Mod.
It would be the first time these devs do that, so yeah, I'm sorry but I'll keep doing what I believe is fair. I'm not asking people to support these devs, I've stated several times I wouldn't even support them myself since they are getting more than enough money as it is, and to anyone still willing to support them I'd suggest waiting until the next update is actually out, and stop supporting them as soon as they think it's enough -there's no point on spending one single buck on something you don't want to anymore, and many patrons have already chosen this course of action, which is only natural after almost 2 years without updates. But, as I said, I think it's just fair to give some official info in a place like this, where everyone and their dog can spit out their uninformed opinion, because these threads are being watched by way more users than the few regulars who keep posting in them. People are free to believe whatever they want to believe, but at least they should ponder all the info available before judging, if only because that's the 'adult' thing to do. I'm only sharing that info for anyone interested because I still find it reliable enough to explain what's happening, and I really don't get why this is so hard to accept for so many people.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Thanks moskyxs, didn't know the history of the tracker. So whatever the tracker looks like people will ask the cursed "when" or start the dreadful speculations.
Just thinking: what will happen if the summary lines (the "total * " ) will be omitted? So nobody sees the misleading high percentage ? (misleading as for POV of the user) ?
edit: yes, i understand that polish is a fraction of the content but not every one of the user will have the same insight.
Content and polishing bars are in separate blocks to show they are 2 different phases, as the polish tasks jump a lot once the initially planned content is done. I guess your suggestion is to put all the bars together in one single block, but then people would see all the content bars reaching almost 100%, with edit and debug at more than 90% too, and then those polishing bars suddenly go backward to 80%... and I'm guessing people would feel the same way and ask the same questions as now. So it's a clear case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I trust people actually interested in knowing what's happening to read the FAQ section to learn how the tracker works, or to politely ask what the hell is going on with those numbers - and to be open to getting the proper explanations without resorting to insulting devs or 'discord mods'.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes