HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Why was the game abandoned? I don't understand.
Da Rulz of this site.
3. Prefixes

1. On-hold: used for a developer who temporarily stops working on a game for whatever reason and makes a clear public statement about it, if they do not resume work in 6 months the prefix is changed to Abandoned.
  2. Abandoned: used in the following cases:
    • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended.
    • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).
    • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
    • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update.
    • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Oh well, I guess I'll download the 6.02 and then call it a day with this.
Been sitting on 5.01 for a long while (and playing lots of other games where updates come every month or so)

MarxDraconis

Oct 29, 2021
As a dev you have a couple of options if something IRL prevents you from doing work on a game that's receiving monthly subscriptions:
  1. Pause automatic transactions until you're able to continue working on the game
  2. Outsource the work to someone else with a revenue split (i.e. 30-70)
  3. Work through it
However, there is no incentive for these two to change their current workflow since they still make more per month than most people in the US. While I'd love to be proven wrong, I have a strong suspicion that this update will be permanently stuck in the "polish" phase since it's easy to just arbitrarily change the numbers to reflect any amount of progress.
This, all of this. If you can't maintain your original promised pacing, stop taking money from people until you can.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
This, all of this. If you can't maintain your original promised pacing, stop taking money from people until you can.
What if you inform your supporters you won't be able to keep up that pace, and they still want to support you anyway under the new conditions?

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
I also discovered it recently.

And it doesn't really matter if devs are performing a scam or they are just working ultramegahiperslow for whatever reasons. Even if that's true, if they aren't willing to (or they can't) speed up, at this pace this game will never be completed.

• Haha
Reactions: Kisama33

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I doubt they explicitly said "this year we won't work because we have a baby. Oh we also plan to make a second one too, do your math"
Well, you are partly right, they didn't say that because they never stopped working except for a few days right after the baby was born. Also, they didn't plan to make another baby, this one they had on October 2022 was their second already (so next time you better check your data).

They literally said 'we just had a baby, our work will slow down because of that', explaining the changes it would mean to their usual workflow (basically they stopped working simultaneously, taking turns to take care of the baby and her needs, which should always come first). Then, they also informed about Pistachio's surgeries that delayed the progress even more and, above all, they keep posting a daily tracker from which everyone can infer their actual pace and act accordingly.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
What if you inform your supporters you won't be able to keep up that pace, and they still want to support you anyway under the new conditions?
it is called - shearing sheep

and ffs stop bringing up those surgeries, it ain't such a big deal for people in 60ties, even less so for younger, you recover A LOT faster, and spend a lot of time not doing anything anyway, in fact it is pretty much perfect for doodling with renpy or sketching some scene
I spent a week in hospital after a major injury, and by day 3 I was going out of mind from doing nothing

so, I still stand by my point that they work on some other game besides this, hence they don't care much that some income from it drops, because the other thing is also producing $$, and when they let this update out, it will be back to regular level for a while, so win/win for them, these parallel projects explain a lot why other devs seem to start to slow down by a lot when the project starts to gain traction, because single project will plateau at some point, which seemed to be around 9k$/mo if I'm not mistaken with WaL, so why keep pushing just one project when you can have 2 or 3 going, because anyone with any sort of coding experience will tell you that "polishing python" for 2 months is slang for something else, not fixing bugs in code ;)

Last edited:

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
I still stand by my point that they work on some other game besides this, hence they don't care much that some income from it drops...............

.............these parallel projects explain a lot why other devs seem to start to slow down by a lot when the project starts to gain traction, because single project will plateau at some point, which seemed to be around 9k$/mo if I'm not mistaken with WaL, so why keep pushing just one project when you can have 2 or 3 going, because anyone with any sort of coding experience will tell you that "polishing python" for 2 months is slang for something else, not fixing bugs in code ;)
Simple as that.

This guy gets it, very smart dude.

Also was always wondering why the "hip surgery" was counted as excuse and nobody sees whats wrong with that....?

Amazing... :)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Also, some might remember (a now deleted post), i mentioned 2 month ago that a game just got an update by his passionate single dev which updates his game regularly and has wayyyy sexier scenes then WaL.

I then (half) jokingly said that i bet he´ll deliver his next update from 0% before WaL finishes its 98.8%.....

And well what should i say......his next update came 2 weeks ago! :D And this guy makes 1300 a months on patreon!

And you know what, i think he´ll deliver even his next update before WaL delivers theirs........

Oh boy..... :rolleyes:

woling

May 10, 2020
Also, some might remember (a now deleted post), i mentioned 2 month ago that a game just got an update by his passionate single dev which updates his game regularly and has wayyyy sexier scenes then WaL.

I then (half) jokingly said that i bet he´ll deliver his next update from 0% before WaL finishes its 98.8%.....

And well what should i say......his next update came 2 weeks ago! :D And this guy makes 1300 a months on patreon!

And you know what, i think he´ll deliver even his next update before WaL delivers theirs........

Oh boy..... :rolleyes:
What kind of game are we talking about? It's just that the number of good games can be counted on the fingers of one hand, everything else is crap. WAL is one of the best, it has some value. Therefore, it is strange to compare the development time between them, I'd rather wait and get good content than play some shit on which I feel sorry to spend even a minute of my, to be honest, cheap time.

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
What kind of game are we talking about? It's just that the number of good games can be counted on the fingers of one hand, everything else is crap. WAL is one of the best, it has some value. Therefore, it is strange to compare the development time between them, I'd rather wait and get good content than play some shit on which I feel sorry to spend even a minute of my, to be honest, cheap time.
Exactly. People often be talking about how some other game does everything better, and then that game turns out to be some nondescript Daz Studio slop.

But in this case, I believe he is holding back on the name to avoid yet another deleted post.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes