DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
You're projecting dude. I would absolutely not be fabricating bullshit progress reports, and straight up fucking lying to my customers nonstop, pretending I was still busily doing shit when I'm not. Nor would I be able to continue accepting money for months or YEARS while taking a break from work.

It's kind of like some people commit insurance fraud, disability fraud, worker's comp fraud, etc. etc.... Not everyone does. It's called not being a scumbag.
Can people report a patreon for scamming?

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
You're projecting dude. I would absolutely not be fabricating bullshit progress reports, and straight up fucking lying to my customers nonstop, pretending I was still busily doing shit when I'm not. Nor would I be able to continue accepting money for months or YEARS while taking a break from work.

It's kind of like some people commit insurance fraud, disability fraud, worker's comp fraud, etc. etc.... Not everyone does. It's called not being a scumbag.
Huhhhh, people with morality, in this kind of place, how intriguing.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Huhhhh, people with morality, in this kind of place, how intriguing.
To be fair, I buy plenty of games. Most of the games on this site, you can't really buy per se - your only "legit" option is to pay an indefinite subscription through Patreon or a similar service. Even the complete games, are typically not available to buy, because they are themselves made using pirated software and exist in this kind of semi-illegal gray area where if the developers actually tried to sell the games directly they would be at risk of legal action - so instead they ask for "donations" for their time spent developing these games.

The whole thing is fucking absurd. If they had an option like Steam Early Access where you could pay one up front fee and gain access to the game as it continues to develop, I would gladly pay for many of the games on this site. But piss out hundreds of dollars over years, for them to pull this bullshit and constantly fuck off, and say their grandma died, or they had to move to Europe, or they had hip surgery and magically had a baby nearly back to back (again someone please tell me I'm not the only person who sees the issue with those two excuses being used back to back!!!) - yeah fuck that. Pretty sure the most immoral one in this scenario is the dev who doesn't put out shit for work over TWO YEARS yet continues cashing checks from their Patreon fans.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
To be fair, I buy plenty of games. Most of the games on this site, you can't really buy per se - your only "legit" option is to pay an indefinite subscription through Patreon or a similar service. Even the complete games, are typically not available to buy, because they are themselves made using pirated software and exist in this kind of semi-illegal gray area where if the developers actually tried to sell the games directly they would be at risk of legal action - so instead they ask for "donations" for their time spent developing these games.

The whole thing is fucking absurd. If they had an option like Steam Early Access where you could pay one up front fee and gain access to the game as it continues to develop, I would gladly pay for many of the games on this site. But piss out hundreds of dollars over years, for them to pull this bullshit and constantly fuck off, and say their grandma died, or they had to move to Europe, or they had hip surgery and magically had a baby nearly back to back (again someone please tell me I'm not the only person who sees the issue with those two excuses being used back to back!!!) - yeah fuck that. Pretty sure the most immoral one in this scenario is the dev who doesn't put out shit for work over TWO YEARS yet continues cashing checks from their Patreon fans.
Friendly reminder: this game is, and has always been, totally free for everyone - on a side note, games kept behind a Patreon tier don't force you to keep an indefinite subscription: you can make one single payment, subscribing just for one month when they are released and that would be a perfectly legit way to get access to that new version (plus all the older benefits given to that tier). Finally, the baby was born in October 2022, the hip surgeries took place in January and March 2023, so I don't really get why anyone should see an issue there (maybe you got your dates wrong?)

PPeters98

Jul 7, 2024
Friendly reminder: this game is, and has always been, totally free for everyone - on a side note, games kept behind a Patreon tier don't force you to keep an indefinite subscription: you can make one single payment, subscribing just for one month when they are released and that would be a perfectly legit way to get access to that new version (plus all the older benefits given to that tier). Finally, the baby was born in October 2022, the hip surgeries took place in January and March 2023, so I don't really get why anyone should see an issue there (maybe you got your dates wrong?)
well it seems to take a long time now to finish, we we expecting this to be done a few months back. But progress is very slow...

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017

I'm not projecting a single solitary thing, you're denying human nature. It is human to take the fastest, easiest, most lucrative path through life possible. If you are ever in a situation like the one in question you will be tempted to take that easy path. The fact that you are not and probably never will be in such a scenario means you can postulate about taking the high road until the cows come home, but the truth of the matter is that you would bare minimum be tempted to game the system and you probably would.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
View attachment 3869257
I think I know why people here are angry with this dev...
Probably because they don't read my messages anymore. Pistachio's words about posing are basically what I said one month ago:

This is 3 lines of text in a complex scene in WaL:

Python:
    show abusmall ewide sangry
    show pov enarrow hfneu2 hbneu2 msmile bangry scrazyhair
    show rose basemessy xwings xhornsnude enarrow bangryn msmile at s_left:
        xalign -0.5 alpha 1
    $ renpy.music.set_volume(0.8, channel='sfx4')
    play sfx4 "audio/magicdemon2.ogg" fadein 0.5
    abu "WHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTT?!" with vpunch
    show rose eneu bupn
    show pov hfreach eclosed bup at m_left with moveinleft:
        xalign 0.3 xzoom -1.0
    show pov hfneu2 eneudown
    show abusmall at t_right with moveoutleft:
        xalign 1.5 xzoom -1.0
    show pov hfneu1 hbneu1 bsad mneu
    show abusmall at t_right with quickdissolve:
        xzoom 1.0 xalign 1.5
    show rose bsadn
    show abusmall eangry sangry
    with quickdissolve
    pov "Ah, Rose, I was worried you wouldn't come."
    show rose ewide bupn mneu
    show pov ewideb bup mcry
    show abusmall eangry
    abu "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" with vpunch
And that's basically the same for every piece of dialog. That's what they call 'posing'. This coding structure you see above needs to be done for every single dialog line in the game (maybe on a different scale, but still), and then you need to replay the scene taking extra care to detect if every single one of those short orders works as intended and make actual sense. Of course, if you edit the dialog lines, all those orders need to be adjusted too, and then checked once again.
Another reason may be that this is one of the few devs who don't lure people into thinking 'the update is around the corner' but keeps saying that it will take as much time as he needs to create a similar experience to previous updates (that's his next message, that for some reason you choose not to include in this screenshot you posted here after he wrote that second, missing message). And, well, people here tend to want everything tailored around their own wishes and whims, and sometimes that's not how things work in real life, and they get angry.

Reactions: WSmith and Levian

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
Lmao for Christmas... they really started working for this two months ago

Probably because they don't read my messages anymore. Pistachio's words about posing are basically what I said one month ago:

Another reason may be that this is one of the few devs who don't lure people into thinking 'the update is around the corner' but keeps saying that it will take as much time as he needs to create a similar experience to previous updates (that's his next message, that for some reason you choose not to include in this screenshot you posted here after he wrote that second, missing message). And, well, people here tend to want everything tailored around their own wishes and whims, and sometimes that's not how things work in real life, and they get angry.
Why they are basically redoing everything two years into the update? Oh yeah, they are not redoing it, they asre starting doing things now. Those dialogues aren't being "updated", they are being created right now after two years of not working

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Lmao for Christmas... they really started working for this two months ago

Why they are basically redoing everything two years into the update? Oh yeah, they are not redoing it, they asre starting doing things now. Those dialogues aren't being "updated", they are being created right now after two years of not working
He didn't say Christmas is the new deadline, ffs. Learn how to read

• Sad
Reactions: Alfre4u

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
View attachment 3869257
I think I know why people here are angry with this dev...
The whole interaction is cool and all but omg the only thing that is calling my attention all the time, even now are those 15634 pings, and I thought that I had a problem with my 3300+ tabs on Firefox and then more 1200+ tabs on Chrome, god lord just delete that account and make a brand new on.

'.'.'.'.'.SAVE YOURSELF FROM THAT "pINg nIGtmaRe".'.'.'.'.'

Nah, I joking, just do whatever you want, you are fine, I am fine and everything is fine, as long as any of us doesn't spot any dog sit on a chair surrounded by flames we are fine

Reactions: xbrn

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018

The dude who's sunk money into a scam is in denial to justify his spendings. Who could have thought

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes