Kisama33

May 13, 2018
omg why
Abandoned
this little witch was so cute
At the moment the reason for the tag resides in the fact the game didn't receive an update for more than 18 months after the last one (in case you don't know the abandoned tag can be assigned for a bunch of other motives other than actual abandonment).

Reactions: makki395

ScionDayne

Jun 2, 2022
Personally I don’t think the creators of this game are scamming or laughing, I think they are pretty genuine. That’s just a sense I get (it could just be flatulence, you can never know with these feelings).

Their life situation has now changed, they went from not having kids to having kids, and they’re adjusting into a new schedule.
Lol of course you do. Bless your heart.

Reactions: bananeae

aquiledelrosa

Jun 16, 2024
Personally I don’t think the creators of this game are scamming or laughing, I think they are pretty genuine. That’s just a sense I get (it could just be flatulence, you can never know with these feelings).

Their life situation has now changed, they went from not having kids to having kids, and they’re adjusting into a new schedule.

People who are accusing them of doing nothing for a year and a half and now scrambling to finish the job have no proof of this, it’s just little Timmy’s angry response when he doesn’t get the toy he wants right away.

But I think the devs need to adjust their own expectations for the next episode. Better to deliver less in a timelier manner than going for a big update only to have it drag on this long. I mean, expecting people to support you for two years with nothing yet to show other than ever moving progress bars isn’t gonna pay the bills forever.

But anyway, hopefully the episode will come out soon and it’ll be good. If it’s all just about this orc, that’d be pretty shit, so let’s hope the story progresses a lot too. Imagine subscribing for two years to a developer just so you can have some happy pixel time with an orc… :sick:
I have spoken with Chestnut (the artist) a lot in 2022 i think, she gived me some tips, i havent talked with pistachio (coder), but i genuine think they are just naive, bc look what a legends isnt even in steam rn, while milfy city was milking in patreon/steam, Chestnut even adviced me to not sub to patreon bc there wasnt the drawing process of a character that i liked.
what i want saying all of this? Idk some ppl just dont do think effectivelly even having everything to be able too, i think this is what to be a human lmao

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
Instead of doing a responsible thing, after their life circumstances changed, and pausing the patreon until they have enough time to work on the game properly, they decide to just not... and let the money roll in while at best imitating the activity.
I think they should not have stopped the patreon, but use that money to hire someone else. I know they don't someone external because that's not true to their vision... but since art is ready and coding is sluggish, they should have hired someone to help with the code and/or the bug fixing

Reactions: Finuee

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Is it abandoned or is it not? I dont really get it?
It got the abandoned tag because it's been without an update for more than 18 months. Devs say they haven't abandoned it, and are working on the next update. You can find their progress bar in this thread, a couple of pages ago. They haven't given a reliable realease date, but estimates from some in the community place it around the end of the year. Some other people in the community think the next release won't ever see the light of day, and they have actually abandoned it but are lying about it to keep the Patreon running.

MBD2212

Mar 10, 2020
It got the abandoned tag because it's been without an update for more than 18 months. Devs say they haven't abandoned it, and are working on the next update. You can find their progress bar in this thread, a couple of pages ago. They haven't given a reliable realease date, but estimates from some in the community place it around the end of the year. Some other people in the community think the next release won't ever see the light of day, and they have actually abandoned it but are lying about it to keep the Patreon running.
Thanks for det update

Abaddon Doom

Jul 12, 2024
The patreon page proves that this title is not abandoned...however, development for the Gomira update is concerning for people who are paying good money to support this.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Or maybe a tag of the time it take to develops the last update (3 month update/ 6 month update/ 2 years update). I think it help dev to do better next time and user of f95 to choose what game play...
the new Search alpha has it as information displayed. Hopefully it rolls out soon. It's the only way I search with the absolutely atrocious one we have now.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
So if it's their primary way of providing for their family, do you think maybe they should take it seriously and actually work?
You say that like you wouldn't do exactly what they're doing in the same situation. If you stumbled upon a way to work when you wanted to, at the pace you wanted to, and to the level of difficulty you wanted to all while making enough money to survive comfortably on you would take it every single time without any hesitation at all.

Reactions: WakamoSato

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
You say that like you wouldn't do exactly what they're doing in the same situation. If you stumbled upon a way to work when you wanted to, at the pace you wanted to, and to the level of difficulty you wanted to all while making enough money to survive comfortably on you would take it every single time without any hesitation at all.
You're projecting dude. I would absolutely not be fabricating bullshit progress reports, and straight up fucking lying to my customers nonstop, pretending I was still busily doing shit when I'm not. Nor would I be able to continue accepting money for months or YEARS while taking a break from work.

It's kind of like some people commit insurance fraud, disability fraud, worker's comp fraud, etc. etc.... Not everyone does. It's called not being a scumbag.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes