Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
And for those who accuse MagicNuts of being scammers, their subscription rates are $2-$5 and $10, they make about $7375, after expenses I don't think they have a very high salary at the end of the month, they get this money from 1807 subscribers, that's an average of $5 per person per month, millions of people spend more than that on the lottery for only one of them to win the prize, while the lottery makes millions... In short, the Trolls who attack indie game developers have a very hypocritical and miserable vision of life.
What the fuck does the value of their individual supporters matter? A grifter who takes $1 from a lot of people is no less a grifter than one who takes $100,000,000. The level of the grift does not excuse the grift, by your "logic" ICSTOR should be applauded for "work" even though he's clearly a scammer. MagicNuts goes one of three ways: they're incompetent, they're scammers, or they're both.

ProfN42

Feb 16, 2022
lol "thread updated 8/27"
> check to see is it finally out
more downgrades to comply with Patreon worries that the pixels might be doing incest :LOL:
The female orc is the best, the other girls in the game are boring and unnecessary.
I really want to have a scene after Gomira's route is complete where she becomes a personal trainer and she helps all the other girls get buff just so the guys who can't get it up over muscly women cry :KEK:

fuck, should have just moved to subscribestar
they'd probably take a huge hit, probably less than 1/3 of patrons would follow them there, and attracting new ones would be harder too since it's a less well known site.

Besides, if subscribestar ever gets as big as Patreon they'll immediately implement the exact same restrictions. It has to do with the banks they want to get credit from. So the Nuts would just be setting themselves up to have to regularly migrate to smaller platforms, shedding patrons every time, and all to keep in some scenes they're obviously not that passionate about (nothing since launch added any new pro-incest content). I can totally see why capitulating was the smarter choice for them even though it's dumb and obviously no one was being pushed into doing IRL incest by an animated game. :rolleyes:
he is an orphan, nobody knows who his parents are, who is he going to incest patch fuck ?
We'll never see it now, but I suspect the original plan was to have Princess Serena be some kind of relative somehow. Lassie has to have Elf blood in him somewhere in order to have inherited his magic power, and Serena is most likely descended from old King Sev too. So they're got to be some kind of distant cousins. Maybe the woman who bore Lassie was a human who got knocked up by evil King Vil and Lassie is fully 50/50 half-elf (maybe in this world a mixed breed doesn't get the pointy ears?) which would make him quite closely related to Serena, as well as make our arch-villain his secret Vader dad! All moot now though.

Fantaldebert

May 30, 2018
Then move to the next [patreon/Substribstar]. Still gave you many years.
Wouldn't end well.
Most of the suscriptions buisness benefits from the fact that people can't be bothered to change/cancel them. Think about gym membership, phone bill, insurance policies. Would you change your rent from a rather good house just to get the same one 3 streets away with a better view and slightly less monthly rent ? Do you change your internet provider every 3 months to get the best offer from other companies ?

It's a bother so we don't do it, we are a bit lazy, quite confortable with what we have and not willing to risk the change over a small profit. All subscriptions plan are based on this behavior, flying just under the radar of your monthly bills and never giving you a reason to reconsider your commitment.

It would be the same for patreons. If the Nuts close their Patreon account and advice their sub to migrate to Subsribstar. Let's say at the best of time, only 70% of WaL would move their sub from Patreon to take another one in Subscribstar. It would be a loss for the Nuts. But we aren't at the best of time. Probably much more would just give up.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Wouldn't end well.
Most of the suscriptions buisness benefits from the fact that people can't be bothered to change/cancel them. Think about gym membership, phone bill, insurance policies. Would you change your rent from a rather good house just to get the same one 3 streets away with a better view and slightly less monthly rent ? Do you change your internet provider every 3 months to get the best offer from other companies ?
setback every decade or so != won't end well

JJohns2049

Jul 28, 2024
I believe it is completely original, the magic nuts are true original artists, there is some inspiration from fairy tales.
I did not notice any quality drop. But keep in mind, I was very enthused for the promise of the Orc lady. Not that enthused anymore now.
But this game stood out for me for the humor, the story, the art.
Of course i signed up to support the project. We should support more orcs in our games. :cool:
Nobody is enthusiast anymore after waiting more than 2 years, be it an green orc or any other character. I hope the next update will come sooner. But unfortunately these things take time.

But it doesn't look good for the ghost king telling us he had like 1000 of powers, meaning he needed to fuck 1000 girls, with this speed, my grandchildren might maybe first see the game finished, if ever at all...

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
But it doesn't look good for the ghost king telling us he had like 1000 of powers, meaning he needed to fuck 1000 girls, with this speed, my grandchildren might maybe first see the game finished, if ever at all...
Actually I think someone already confirmed it that you will only do it with a couple of them.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Of course.... But they could go on and on forever...
If what you mean is that they can just keep adding more girls and content forever I think that will not be the case.

We probably already know all the girls that will have their own tale and any others introduced in the future will either make part of someone else history or make part of a smaller story (like the "villagers update" that will feature multiple minor characters). They can still add more but I don't see it happening.
Many of the areas we still can't access will be part of the main heroines quest and will not have much more use than that.

So if anything it will be a question of how much time it will take to deliver the content planned to complete the game rather than how much they may decide to create along the way.
They seem to be taking some decisions to reduce that content if I'm not mistaken so they can complete it (in reasonable time?).

This is only how I see it and I can be completely wrong about this.

DemiMaximoff

Jun 10, 2018
Well, I for one sincerely hope some dastardly 3rd party who is definitely not a dev leaks a mod that reintroduces the motherfucking.
If I were to make a mod like that, I would double down on all the "bad stuff" out of spite.
His adoptive moms bring in fresh new girls? In my version, they bring in his actual mom. She joined the brothel instead of just leaving the hero on its doorstep.
Aging him up? No, aging him DOWN. He's 17 during the game's events.
And he is very much under pixie influence when shrunk, he learns it and uses it on the beggar elf.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
If I were to make a mod like that, I would double down on all the "bad stuff" out of spite.
His adoptive moms bring in fresh new girls? In my version, they bring in his actual mom. She joined the brothel instead of just leaving the hero on its doorstep.
Aging him up? No, aging him DOWN. He's 17 during the game's events.
And he is very much under pixie influence when shrunk, he learns it and uses it on the beggar elf.
Based, I would do the same :BootyTime:

• Hey there
Reactions: Xupuzulla

fearjam

May 5, 2019
mods really deleted my response to somebody here that was contributory calling it a personal argument. That's wild. I was genuinely interacting with the fans of this game, didn't "argue" about anything. Hope they deleted the person whom I replied to's argument.

God forbid the community that plays the games gets to discuss the games, right?

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
And for those who accuse MagicNuts of being scammers, their subscription rates are $2-$5 and $10, they make about $7375, after expenses I don't think they have a very high salary at the end of the month, they get this money from 1807 subscribers, that's an average of $5 per person per month, millions of people spend more than that on the lottery for only one of them to win the prize, while the lottery makes millions... In short, the Trolls who attack indie game developers have a very hypocritical and miserable vision of life.
See, I was agreeing with you until the last sentence.
They are not trolls, they are cynical and take said cynicism too far.
But said cynicism is not baseless. it came from being burned in the past by scammer devs.

The thing to understand is that, you can't just go "all devs are scammers" or "no scammers exist". both extreme positions are silly.
excercise some good judgement and learn to differentiate between scammers, and good devs.
And give people some benefit of the doubt. Whether it is other posters or devs who are getting some benefit of the doubt.
All those numbers still don't negate the fact that:
  • the latest episode is taking longer to release than all previous episodes combined,
  • they're sill not done,
  • they've been taking money the whole time.
  • they've been posting an update status that has shown for the last 5 months they've just been debugging and editing the game.
  • the update status metrics just keep moving and moving.
  • When they started polishing (early April) the status for debug was 94/127. It's now 201/220.
  • When they started polishing the status for editing was 502/506 and it's now 631/634.
  • I don't know what the Editing units are, but the remaining units was 4 around five months ago, now it's down to 3 as the total has shifted by over 100 units.
They may be working their asses off, trying to produce the best green orc episode ever, while facing a boat load of personal difficulties, but it looks fucking bad.

And to call anyone who looks at the situation a troll or a hypocrite because they think the devs are scamming, is bullshit. It looks very much like the devs are scamming, even if they are not. The evidence looks fucking bad. It just does. :cautious:

People are complaining in a.............PIRATES SITE!?:eek:
That'd be the pirates. By definition they take shit that doesn't belong to them, and kill people for resisting, so yeah, if we don't get what we want, when we want, heads are gonna roll. It's just lucky it's only figuratively. :sneaky:

Wouldn't end well.

It's a bother so we don't do it, we are a bit lazy, quite confortable with what we have and not willing to risk the change over a small profit. All subscriptions plan are based on this behavior, flying just under the radar of your monthly bills and never giving you a reason to reconsider your commitment.

It would be the same for patreons. If the Nuts close their Patreon account and advice their sub to migrate to Subsribstar. Let's say at the best of time, only 70% of WaL would move their sub from Patreon to take another one in Subscribstar. It would be a loss for the Nuts. But we aren't at the best of time. Probably much more would just give up.
I don't know if comparing the joys of moving fucking house, to pressing 'cancel' on a Patreon page, is a good comparison. But there really must be a lot of people who just don't look at their monthly statements and completely forget about that monthly $5 subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
mods really deleted my response to somebody here that was contributory calling it a personal argument. That's wild. I was genuinely interacting with the fans of this game, didn't "argue" about anything. Hope they deleted the person whom I replied to's argument.

God forbid the community that plays the games gets to discuss the games, right?
Because it was part of a longer argument.

1. All discussions in these threads should be kept on-topic and be about the game/content/creator/etc
    • Memes/gifs/reactions are fine as long as they don't derail the discussion and aren't excessive or distracting, eg. combining or chain quoting them is considered excessive. As a rule of thumb, if words are enough then do not use an image
    • Discussion must be limited to the game/comic/asset/author listed on the OP. You may discuss other content from the same developer, but please do not discuss content from other developers.
    • Do not branch the topic into posting about random unrelated discussions, favorite movies/food/weather/etc, or complaints about moderator actions/rules
    • Please move any disruptive/prolonged arguments to PM

• Haha
Reactions: fearjam and Abhai

KOIN_88

Nov 2, 2022
However, I would like to underline one thing: the concept of Patreon, of a patron, goes beyond the delivery of the work. We or anyone who is a subscriber is a patron: he invests a sum to obtain one or more products, following a directive. But it is clear that if something happens to those who enjoy the support of one or more patrons, we must also keep in mind that the delivery will be postponed. For example: if Da Vinci or Virgilio had caught a cold or had diarrhea, it is obvious that whoever pays and supports them would have taken care of them, paying for the doctor and treatment. A very banal and very simple example, but it serves to explain the concept behind it. Then it is obvious that there are those who take advantage of it. The work behind the creation of content or a work (gaming, comics or other) is tiring, exhausting and stressful. Even those who simply make videos on YouTube for educational purposes have a lot of trouble looking for sources, writing texts, reviewing them, confirming the news they find, etc.

Magic Nuts is obviously taking a long time (a year or more of development), but if I'm not mistaken, in the middle there was the birth of a child, with all the problems and unknowns that brings in terms of time, commitment and costs. Let's then consider that, poor thing or that, the child or one of his parents has had health problems, you will understand that planning takes a backseat for a moment. He himself said that there were problems months ago, in addition to the fact that this development is more demanding than all the others (I don't remember if he specified it due to the large amount of content or not). Furthermore, we must keep one thing in mind: going forward (version 0.7 currently in progress), times will inevitably lengthen: we will probably see the final version in five or maybe six years. I would suggest, without controversy obviously, patience and trust. ICSTOR rewarded in the end with a game well done and quite intriguing (and horny... Celia, if she were real, I would gladly fuck her). Let's wait and keep our fingers crossed in the meantime.

Dec 21, 2021
I thought for sure that even with all the hand-wringing in this thread that they wouldn't go past July without a release, but here we are wrapping up August and still nothing.

I'm not a supporter so I have no stake in keeping them actively developing, but I really hope the release is before the end of the year.

Reactions: ProfN42

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
I haven't been looking at this thread for a month, and people are already losing it.
I usually am out of the website and only comeback to see if there has been any updates or something for the stuff I'm watching.
I simply don't comment to any sides of the "fight", I just stay in a corner and watch.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes