What are your thoughts on games with female protagonist?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Here is my problem with games with female protagonist. Whenever I play as a woman I try to protect her, do not let any sex scene even to happen, especially those forced ones. This makes the whole experience pointless and is turning me off. Its like a fathers instinct is kicking in. Also a game in which a woman likes to fuck with different men feels like a game for women. Because of all that Im skipping every game with 'female protagonist' tag (which is a lot I noticed).
What are your thoughts on games like this? How do you enjoy them?
I have no issues like that with female protagonist games because I can't imagine myself as that character. I'm playing more from the puppeteer or spectator perspective. I DO have that issue if the protagonist is male. With a male protagonist I just unconsciously imagine myself as that character. So whatever is happening to that character is happening to me. So things like the wife cheating on me or whatever really bug me. If I was playing the exact same scene except that I was controling the female character instead then it wouldn't bother me at all.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
I cant play female protag only games, i try to avoid them since i can't roleplay
example glamour i tried 3-4 times to get into that game but cant stand it....

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Why you all hate feMC :KEK:

I like female protag as long as it's no "make-her-a-slut-and-fuck-with-20-bbc-at-the-same-time" standard game. Same goes if it's the LI of a male MC though.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i don't really care to play as a female (MC) kinda feel over protective of her .. i hate letting any guys fuck me ... :ROFLMAO: .. and pisses me off when it does it without me wanting to make it happen :mad:

Reactions: Mr. Bonkers

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I wish there was a female MC game where we could solely go round pursuing different women just like a male MC game maybe something a bit like WVM just something that's a little bit different rather than seeing the female ending up with some random dudes all the time.

pasunna

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
Actually... you don't need to understand other
you can't role play female don't play it...

for me a guy or a girl doesn't matter
I play as the third person view...
and yes... I prefer to play a girl in action game
Because I enjoy the booty view of a girl...

Reactions: recreation

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Female protagonists are usually done poorly or only used for certain types of games.

Hollywood struggles to get it right, so I don't expect someone who has English as a fourth language getting paid $80 per month to make an incest game to do much better.

• Sad
Reactions: Mr. Bonkers
Apr 18, 2019
Dunno about hollywood, but adult games' main audience still are mostly males. So realism or plausability isn't really the main focus for female protagonist games. Maybe a shame, but the same is true for male protagonists. 99% of them are far away from realistic or better plausability and just function as a tool a vehicle for the author/developoer and nothing more.

Maybe you should try out the non-english ones. Maybe you find something there. Smaller audience, less mainstream.

ps: i think in non-adult games it's the other way around. we get more and more well made female protagonists, but seldomly well made male ones. For example Gone Home, Life is strange, Mirror's Edge,... Of course there are a lot overly tough female protagonists that could easily swapped with a male protagonist without changing anything. I can't think of one game with a plausible male protagonist right of my head. Beside that I really don't care about that too much. I prefer female protagonists that are tough and wild, hence not realistic. If they remain SOMEHOW plausible inside(!) its own game cosmos I have no problem with it. After all its a fantasy.

edit: maybe I found one plausible male protagonist. The one from Firewatch.

Last edited:

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Dunno about hollywood, but adult games' main audience still are mostly males. So realism or plausability isn't really the main focus for female protagonist games. Maybe a shame, but the same is true for male protagonists. 99% of them are far away from realistic or better plausability and just function as a tool a vehicle for the author/developoer and nothing more.

Maybe you should try out the non-english ones. Maybe you find something there. Smaller audience, less mainstream.
Oh boy. Now it will be done poorly, because like you said the audience is mostly male, and now in a language I can't understand. Thanks for the advice :LOL:

Apr 18, 2019
Oh boy. Now it will be done poorly, because like you said the audience is mostly male, and now in a language I can't understand. Thanks for the advice :LOL:
Dann wird mein zukünftiges Spiel wohl nichts für dich. Das ist jammerschade. Release date: when Milfy City is finished (aka I don't plan developing one) :ROFLMAO: