What trope are you tired of seeing in adult games?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Deleted member 1267484

Mar 3, 2019
i have nothing to complain, but something i really REALLY hate is foot fetish in games, look, i do not kink shame, but if this is your kink, im shaming you
I don't even like foot fetish but when scat and other more peculiar fetishes are out there seems like a relatively tame one to go after

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
BDSM in RL as I understood it is based on trust and slowly reaching its limits...that's exactly what i would like to see in a h-game one day and what will probably remain a dream :unsure:
But why though? Games that actually bother to do "safe, sane and consensual" BDSM bore me to tears. It's like if you were making GTA but you could only drive the speed limit and go to your office job and then go home and do your taxes.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
"An uncaught cheater protagonist that never gets caught no matter how stupid they are about their cheating."

It's like the people being cheated on never notice obvious clues that the person is cheating on them. There is a reason why it's written this way so that you can "have your cake and eat it too". and it means less rendering and writing and coding to make it this way. However, it strips it of a lot of realism.

A couple of examples could be:

Female sucks some dudes dick cheating on her boyfriend. Dudes cums in her mouth. 5 minutes later she is kissing her boyfriend. "Did you have some french fries for lunch or something why is your kiss so salty?" She is like "Yea that is it french fries!"

Male fucks a woman cheating on his wife. Goes bareback balls deep slamming it home in her pussy for a while. Then he more or less says "I'm gonna roll out". Goes directly to the wife and gets a blowjob right after. This is without him having a shower, wearing the same clothes and stuff. His dick magically cleaned itself and he smells nothing like this other woman.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
It is freaking weird how a genetic trait beyond a persons control is viewed as a character flaw! It is the same with small boobs.... I mean, if there is one fault in our brains it must be that, because truly it does not make any sense on how these things are viewed.
That's been a thing forever and it's constantly used in real life as well. Depicting people who disagree with you as physically inferior or flawed. Villains are often depicted as ugly or deformed.

the villains people are most likely to forgive are cool and physically attractive. Loki from Marvel just straight up killed innocent people and directly caused the death of countless others but at the end was joking around with Thor

Reactions: TheHighSpire

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
But why though? Games that actually bother to do "safe, sane and consensual" BDSM bore me to tears. It's like if you were making GTA but you could only drive the speed limit and go to your office job and then go home and do your taxes.
Not the person you replied to, but I think this is an important distinction. A large reason people play these games is because they are living out some kind of fantasy they can't get in their real lives. While there's a lot of truth in what you said, there are those that cannot, for whatever reason, even find a safe, sane, and consensual BDSM (or other archetype) relationship.

Frankly, if I did one one-hundredth of what I do in these games for-realsies, I'd be locked up permanently.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
A large reason people play these games is because they are living out some kind of fantasy they can't get in their real lives. While there's a lot of truth in what you said, there are those that cannot, for whatever reason, even find a safe, sane, and consensual BDSM (or other archetype) relationship.
I'm not saying more realistic approaches aren't valid or sought by some people, but usually people look for extremes in games. It's not just BDSM, just look at the prevalence of Harem games. Most people couldn't or wouldn't even want to live like that, but it's an interesting scenario in a game. Also I'm just triggered by Deviant Discoveries, a game where you drug women and forcibly change their bodies but then for some reason you have safe words while engaging in BDSM practices.

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
I'm not saying more realistic approaches aren't valid or sought by some people, but usually people look for extremes in games. It's not just BDSM, just look at the prevalence of Harem games. Most people couldn't or wouldn't even want to live like that, but it's an interesting scenario in a game.
That's what I mean. For some people, the more realistic BDSM can be their extreme.

Also I'm just triggered by Deviant Discoveries, a game where you drug women and forcibly change their bodies but then for some reason you have safe words while engaging in BDSM practices.
Well, IMHO, that's just immersion breaking and I'd be right there with you in being triggered.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
That's what I mean. For some people, the more realistic BDSM can be their extreme.
Sure, but that's a pretty niche audience compared to the "YES, LET ME WHIP HER AND THEN RAPE HER!" crowd.

Well, IMHO, that's just immersion breaking and I'd be right there with you in being triggered.
It was and I thank you for your concern. It is a worthwhile game though. For people who like bimbofication anyway.

Royarus

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
For me it's about the story line, but I don't really enjoy linear story lines, unless the story is actually really good. I rather have sandbox-like games then a story with 2 choices every image, the right and wrong one. I'm all about open endings and decisions that matter.

Reactions: puddlejumper

LostBR

Sep 21, 2018
Seems like a goty for me

pharal

Apr 13, 2020
For me it's about the story line, but I don't really enjoy linear story lines, unless the story is actually really good. I rather have sandbox-like games then a story with 2 choices every image, the right and wrong one. I'm all about open endings and decisions that matter.
I agree, but I also want to know a little about what I am signing up for when making a choice. I don't wanna end up as a male MC being trapped in a basement with a buttplug and trained as a dog because I gave a tenner to a homeless person 3 hours ago.
I am not saying it needs to be spelled out to me, only that the choices actually lead somewhere that makes sense.

Royarus

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
I agree, but I also want to know a little about what I am signing up for when making a choice. I don't wanna end up as a male MC being trapped in a basement with a buttplug and trained as a dog because I gave a tenner to a homeless person 3 hours ago.
I am not saying it needs to be spelled out to me, only that the choices actually lead somewhere that makes sense.
Do I sense a trauma there? ;)

But I get your point and I agree. It should be clear what the possible consequences it has.

LostBR

Sep 21, 2018
I don't even like foot fetish but when scat and other more peculiar fetishes are out there seems like a relatively tame one to go after
I'm the Scatman

Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
(I'm the Scatman)
Yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub

Etheric

May 30, 2017
Characters that show interesting personality and story but the dev decide to destroy it because people were complaining that they want an immediate sex scene, transforming the character in easy sex with the MC and become one more in the harem scene or some pregnancy

Reactions: tdree

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Characters who are rude/bitchy/asshole towards the MC or any other character from the start for no reason but have a sob backstory so it justifies their behavior and everything is fine.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Sandy, Someday, Sunday, whatever the fuck that weeb shit is where the girl is a cunt but secretly has a heart of gold, I swear it is in more games than incest or ntr shit.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Harems should be believable.
The hot thing about harems is not that you get to fuck the women but the interaction between the women.

And don't try to put too many characters in a game. Because in the end, most characters are quite forgettable while at the same time the really good ones don't get enough attention.
Believable harems would be set in the Arabic world or some Asian dynasties of the past. There would be considerable political scheming by the harem members.

Actually that sounds like a pretty nice concept for a game.

Reactions: Ophanim and Dahakma

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Believable harems would be set in the Arabic world or some Asian dynasties of the past. There would be considerable political scheming by the harem members.

Actually that sounds like a pretty nice concept for a game.
A modern day pimp building a stable is probably the closest equivalent to a functional harem. Another version might be a sex cult leader building a following. A sufficiently charismatic and manipulative pimp/cult leader might even induct his own family into said stable or cult.

Reactions: Dahakma

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I think that 3 tiresome tropes that are more mechanical or design in nature are:
1. Gratuitous grinding necessary to progress in game
2. Ren'py games which are basically just visual novels where your choices don't really affect the story, so you're on rails the whole time, just clicking through dialogue to get to the next sex scene.
3. Sandbox games which are kinda aimless and lacking in coherence(meet, seduce and fuck women at various locations throughout the game).

Now, there are reasons why these mechanics are so commonplace. For #1, it's kind of a way to pad the length of a game in progress and keep the player feeling busy/occupied while waiting for the next update. For #2, it's that creating extra content generated by meaningful player choices takes time and work and even money and can pose coding difficulties if you're not an expert programmer, so it's just easier to tell a straightforward story with some minimal interactive elements. For #3, it's a venue for dissociated scenarios and ideas and accomodation of fetishes and tags and another way to pad content. "Nail secondary love interest while waiting patiently to progress with main love interest from kissing to groping to handjobs to blowjobs to fucking etc."

My general thoughts would be to counter #1 by reducing grinding greatly, and to the extent there is grinding, don't repeat the same fucking scene/progression requirements umpteen times. Set a low cap, like 2-3 times, then show real incremental progress via dialogue changes, changes in pose, facial expression, thought bubble etc. You can counter #2 by putting at least a few scenes where the player's choice led to a different plot path, even if the plot ultimately crosses the same territory just at a different point in time. And for #3 I'd suggest making sure that other location events might be triggered by main plotline events and have some relationship to the main plot. So you can do a fetch quest for someone that leads to a reward or piece of info helpful to progressing the main storyline.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote