VN Ren'Py When It All Started [v0.04] [Kalyha]

3.70 star(s) 19 Votes

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Yep that's kind of what I'm thinking too.
I'm always trying to build a story and make it the main focus before adding the sex scenes in it. But of course, I try to add many teasing scenes and stuff, it's an AVN after all (can be with the clothes, or with unlikely situations).
The ones who know me with RHC know how I like to do with my games, even though "When It All Started" will have sex scenes faster because of the plot.
Thank you very much for the answer.

I'll be honest, I didn't play RHC yet, or I forgot or I got lazy, dunno. Maybe I'll try next time. But yes, I agree with you. We all come for the adult stuff, but without content there isn't use to actually play the game, at least it is my opinion. It's like some people trying to force incest into everything, while I love the genre as well (again, probably due being associated with corruption), being family members for the sake of being family members isn't necessarily a good thing, it needs substance. Which it seems you're trying to do on this game, along making a fairly believable plot for that, at least on adult games standards, which is a good way to enhance that corruption theme and make the game memorable, as well making the player engaged into the story.

In any case, if in the end of the game I can knock up the mom and sisters and send the dad away for not caring about the mom I'll be happy. I'm a bit said that there aren't cousins as well, but I guess it would be hard now to introduce it now haha. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway good luck on future endeavours, and thanks again for your insight, as I mentioned on previous comment, looking forward to try the update.

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Well, I always try to make the right choice quite obvious. But it's also part of the game to make you wonder which one if the good choice. You can notice if the choice was wrong by the dialogues anyway, can still go back if you want to.
That hasn't always been true so far. The time where you spy on your parents at night you get a relationship point with mom despite her never seeing you or acknowledging you in any way (and there's no reason to think the exact same events don't occur if you choose not to peek, the only difference is you don't see them).

Also when mom gets home and wants you to carry groceries you get a relationship point for evading the question/lying rather than just telling the truth, that's definitely a bit weird.

I'm not saying that any of these things break the game nor are they huge problems, they're just examples of outcomes not being as obvious as you say. I would really prefer if the relationship screen was available at any time with a button or from the menu or something, that would IMO be the simplest and best way to remedy this.

Reactions: Logan3000x

BlackPinkX

Jul 8, 2022
Thank you very much for the answer.

I'll be honest, I didn't play RHC yet, or I forgot or I got lazy, dunno. Maybe I'll try next time. But yes, I agree with you. We all come for the adult stuff, but without content there isn't use to actually play the game, at least it is my opinion. It's like some people trying to force incest into everything, while I love the genre as well (again, probably due being associated with corruption), being family members for the sake of being family members isn't necessarily a good thing, it needs substance. Which it seems you're trying to do on this game, along making a fairly believable plot for that, at least on adult games standards, which is a good way to enhance that corruption theme and make the game memorable, as well making the player engaged into the story.

In any case, if in the end of the game I can knock up the mom and sisters and send the dad away for not caring about the mom I'll be happy. I'm a bit said that there aren't cousins as well, but I guess it would be hard now to introduce it now haha. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Anyway good luck on future endeavours, and thanks again for your insight, as I mentioned on previous comment, looking forward to try the update.
Haha keep dreaming , in the end all the girls will be kidnapped , raped and impregnated by fat homeless . The MC will be raped by Julian , Paul, Lucas and they'll delete his warcraft account .
Then they'll kill him cut off his head and send it to Natasha via Amazon. (Good ending)

( Cuckolds will have an orgasm with my comment )

kojos3000

Oct 24, 2019
My immersion breaks every time I see these characters put their shoe-wearing feet on furniture. Horrendous!

Jun 30, 2017
Yep that's kind of what I'm thinking too.
I'm always trying to build a story and make it the main focus before adding the sex scenes in it. But of course, I try to add many teasing scenes and stuff, it's an AVN after all (can be with the clothes, or with unlikely situations).
The ones who know me with RHC know how I like to do with my games, even though "When It All Started" will have sex scenes faster because of the plot.
To be honest, i'm not a fan of RHC, that game plot is bullshit, i like this game more, since it have proper plot and character development, rather than: oh hey his dick is big, let jump on it. And the MC do not act like total jerk with the mindset: oh hey my mother is hot, let fuck her

Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Will the story of this game be centered around the MC and his family being blackmailed 24/7?
No, this is just how it begins (the game is called "when it all started" for a reason). And the early blackmail does not involve all the girls by the way, so it's not "family being blackmailed".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul and ewokk

bradozlo

Apr 13, 2021
No, this is just how it begins (the game is called "when it all started" for a reason). And the early blackmail does not involve all the girls by the way, so it's not "family being blackmailed".
Thanks for the clarification. Surrendering to a blackmailer's demands, whether in real life, in a movie, or in a game, tends to rub me the wrong way. looking forward to this game's success. Cheers!

Reactions: ewokk and Kalyha

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Thanks for the clarification. Surrendering to a blackmailer's demands, whether in real life, in a movie, or in a game, tends to rub me the wrong way. looking forward to this game's success. Cheers!
yeah for me either, but that might be because I can easily compartmentalize and just say "well we will just clarify that we were forced to do it under gunpoint so if anyone is going to judge us for that that is on them" but to be fair I'm pretty sure I'm autistic so that might be it (to be confirmed).

Vocker9

May 20, 2022
Plz, don't make game like super teasing RHC. Hope, WIAS will be more pleasant to play, cause in RCH you actually used to make 2-4 consecutive updates with the same content and that made worse game, IMHO.

IdanSama

Apr 29, 2018
Loved the new update! I really hope the game will focus on the mom, and that there will be an option to dom and degrade her like Adrianna in rhc. I actually think Natasha is hotter and also a better character... looking forward to the next chapter, great work!

Reactions: Kalyha

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
Just played from the beginning to end of 3.0 and I'm super-impressed. Yes it is a slow burn, but a good landlady/roommate story should be that. It's the slow overcoming of the societal taboos and the psychological pressures the participants undergo that provides a good bit of the kick in the kink. I've chosen the love route with mom and the sisters with a depraved aunt so we'll see how that turns out. The Break-In is actually a neat plot device to turn a loving family into a "loving" family, and the subsequent ongoing blackmail actually gives an excuse for what would normally be considered creep behaviour from the protagonist. Looking forward to 4.0 (or more likely 5.0/6.0) for eventual penetration, but I thoroughly enjoyed the build-up so far. Game is URM.rpa friendly so you can see consequences of choices before making them and rollback is enabled to go back if you choose wrongly. Well worth playing.

Reactions: Kalyha

mortic90

Dec 31, 2017
How do you unlock the images? I tried all or almost all of the speech options, still most of them are unclickable.

Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
How do you unlock the images? I tried all or almost all of the speech options, still most of them are unclickable.
Yeah I said it in the update post, but most of images in the pictures gallery can't be unlocked in v0.03 because you can't get enough points for now. I just added them a little earlier so I don't have to work on it later haha...

Seems like they unlock every 5 relationship points but yeah it seems like most of them are unavailable for now atleast.
That's right, one picture per 5 relation points.

Reactions: mortic90

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
View attachment 1586419

Overview:
You are a 19 year old young man living a peaceful life with your "landlady" and two "roommates" in a big house located in downtown.
Back from school on summer holiday you plan on spending time between reconnecting with your sisters and recently married aunty and playing video games with your friends. Your parents are working hard every day to provide for the family. Especially your dad, a computer Engineer, who's been working overtime for weeks to finish an important project.
Your mother, Natasha, is annoyed by your nonchalant attitude towards school and thinks you are wasting time playing video games instead of focusing on your studies. This leads to many arguments between the two of you causing a strain on your relationship.
But one night, when you and your mother were the only ones in the house, two thieves break into your home and take you both hostage during their robbery.
In order to escape with the stolen goods and to make sure you won't call the police immediately after they leave, they decided to put Natasha and yourself in an compromising situation. A situation that will change your family's lives forever.
That's when it all started...​
Aight, trying this story out. If you're interested in some feedback here ya go:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, just my two cents.

have a nice day resized some more.gif

3.70 star(s) 19 Votes