4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is there any NTR content in the remastered chapters 1 or 2? I've been looking forward to it.
No.

The doctor scene from the original has been removed and I can't remember which episode Miru's ex showed up in.

but the writing has become worse in the reworked chapters than it was before.
This.

Take the entire Katie saga.

In the original it was clear something had gone down between them but it made Katie look at fault and the MC react to her provocations. One 0f the best scenes in the original was the heart to heart the MC and Katie had when it showed why she acted up and what the twins had done to her.

Here, from the day the MC got back he's been a douche. It's showed him bullying Katie in flashbacks several times up to locking her in the coffee shop while she's clearly distressed and i'm not even gonna mention what he did to Monica that made him look like a massive twat.

The original made the MC look like he had faults but was still somewhat relateable. The writing wasn't suer amazing if you compare it to some of the bigger games on here but it was good.

Now the MC is a douchenozzle and we're playing a Hallmark straight to DvD drama the middle aged housewives love so much.

One thing that has improved is the humour. There are a few scenes that made me genuinely chuckle.

The mother has been ruined too. She was a loving mother despite everything in the original and here she was fine for 1 day then seemes bored by everyone.

I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems like everyone is a worse version of who they were before the remake. Only Miru seems to have a character improvement, the rest seem stuck in "yesterday I was a dick to people, today i'll be a dick to EVERYONE" mode.

I love everything about Miru. I think she's been the one highlight of the remake, maybe Zoey too. Everyone else needs to tone down the dickish behavior a bit or they risk putting people off them.

Last edited:

Taxer

May 29, 2020
If you are using a patch, that may be why one of the patches in the OP was not up to date and caused that.
Im not using a patch, I only downloaded the game and I guess thats chapter tho has been out for a while but its been the "beta" version so ive played that and didnt realise that the ending is at the same place?

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
I've made a Walkthrough/unlocker mod for this game

Features
  • Hints/Colored green dialog choices
  • Added a "UNLOCK ALL" button to gallery
  • Made the cinematics shorter

Download:
Modded Uncensor patch:

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
The problem with this developer is always the same, very visual, very technical, but his stories have zero structure, i spent about two hours reading each line of this VN and I still don't understand half of it, come in and out characters that are supposed to interest me, why?

Then we move on to scenes like the one with the spiders, senseless tonal changes, from humor to melodrama in seconds, suddenly a sister or another woman who never presented her before appears already with a dense story behind, etc, etc, all this just tells me that the developer doesn't have a clear structure in his story, he puts things that have meaning to him, but the reader doesn't understand shit.

For all those who want to do their VN, less is more, simplify your stories, make it enjoyable for the reader, create a structure (first act, second act and third act), previously present certain important characters for your stories, define your MC well, etc., only the visual is not enough in my opinion.
I hate to break this to you, but if you really have spent two hours reading each line and still don't understand half of it, it speaks more to your basic English comprehension skills than to Ocean's writing.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
So does anyone know how Ocean and other devs get their animations done? Because I wasnt aware that daz assets moved or that daz studio was capable of advance animations like the opening scenes we got when leia was introduced.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Just replayed from the beginning and noticed something funny - the bottle of liquor Westliche Hemisphäre has a German name but is product of France.

Last edited:

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
So does anyone know how Ocean and other devs get their animations done? Because I wasnt aware that daz assets moved or that daz studio was capable of advance animations like the opening scenes we got when leia was introduced.
I used to use Poser about 20 years ago before Daz3D was even a thing and it was capable of that level animation even back then. Just took forever to render anything. Most of that opening movie was likely rendered in 4-5 second clips and then spliced together with a fancy movie maker. I am sure blender, or even Daz3D have come a long way since then.

Reactions: JB08
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes