4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
am I getting something wrong? even if I restart my whole game it still says "save now" at the end of chapter one where they are driving to the farm and then just goes to main menu.
If you are using a patch, that may be why one of the patches in the OP was not up to date and caused that.

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
Man, this time around Ocean made Miru to cute in all senses. Also less of a hoe. Kind of hard to play NTR route, which for me is weird. Not cause I am a particular fan of NTR, is just that 99% of time I didnt care about the male actor(whether the MC was getting cucked or not).
But aside from Miru I wouldn't mind about the "roommates" and "landlady" getting it from someone else.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
Just noticed this game, and gotta say I really like it so far. Slow-burn sexy drama, with a fair amount of sex-tension in the air, and amazing models and animations. Definitely top-tier.

Couple things, though. I went back for a second run with Universal Ren'Py Mod installed, and noticed a couple things.

1) Variables MiExh and MiruExh are separate entities that appear to track exhibition scenes. Intentional to keep them separate or a case of 'I forgot the variable name I was using'?
2) During the potential fingering scene, declining to do so returned an error of "NameError: name 'MiruFinger2x0' is not defined".

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
question, have mc have sex with his mom now? last time they havnt have sex just really lil a teasing, pls make this answer spoiler

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Looks like the NTR has been turned waaaay down with the remake.
In addition, Katie is way more... sane? It remember it was waaay harder to NOT be in war with her before the remake.

I don't know how I feel about those changes... looks like a completely new game to me. On one hand I like the fact that the pace is better and their reactions of the characters seem more normal/logical... but on the other hand, maybe I liked Katie more when she was... crazier? I don't know :ROFLMAO:

ps : looks like the MC of this game also got the 'dick shrinking' syndrome in the remake. Sad. Lame:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Schattenfang

May 29, 2017
question, have mc have sex with his mom now? last time they havnt have sex just really lil a teasing, pls make this answer spoiler
Nothing yet. If we're going by the "old" WiAB then we are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from anything going on with the mom.

• Haha
Reactions: Ive-11

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
nah I played most big games on this site(so i have no idea what they are playing than) and I read the last 10 pages now and I am pretty sure they are trolling this are all people that want that he focus on sg only , hate ntr, want fast sex scene render shows or like other games and doing fanboy wars because they are scared that a ntr game with good story gets (mainstream)

First off, if you can turn off the NTR at the start this hardly counts as a NTR game, maybe NTR centric, that's all.
I don't know which games you consider the biggest, but most (not all) successful games here have better dialogue and characterization, that much I can say.
I like Oceanlab's games, I don't think he is a horrible writer, but the writing here has definitely had a turn for the worse.
The characters LITERALLY stand around making dramatic pauses before speaking some overly dramatic BS as if it's the highest level of enlightening one can achieve.
And what they say?
"I thought I could postpone it, but ...yeah... it found its way to me."
"What if you just let it rest."
"I would regret it for the rest of my life."
You can basically hear the dramatic sound blurb and I can't help but hear it with some fake accent spoken as if in a cheesy soap opera.

"Uncertainty was a comfortable blanket... and I am about to throw it away."
"Uncertainty is nothing but an illusion. Your subconsciousness is plagued by a shadow."
"I see my mother's eyes staring at me- with rejection."

And this is almost all from just one short scene. Seriously, I'm sorry to say this, but this is almost Dual Family level of pretentious douche monologue- and dialogue-ing.
Thankfully, it's not like that all the time, but if you look at this game and Summer's Gone, the characters really talk like in a cheap corny romance novel style at times.

So, no, I don't think the critics are all trolls, the criticism is definitely at least partially justified, and as someone else pointed out, if you read some actual well written novels, you know, the kind printed on paper, you don't fall for this type of cheesy dialogue so easily, especially not if it takes itself so ridiculously serious.

And let me say this again, so it is crystal clear, I don't hate Oceanlab or wish him anything bad, I actually still like both of his games and wish him success, but the writing has become worse in the reworked chapters than it was before.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
What the fuck ? 2018 and it has 2 chapters?

Thanks for mentioning that... I had just downloaded it and was
getting ready to play. But, yeah... 2 releases, even w the rework...,
in just over 4 years is a bit sparse for my tastes.
Hope it goes well for them, though. Looks good.

Cheers

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I think the issue is the dev just isn't that creative from a writing perspective and has run out of ideas. Reworking old content is straight out of the "no more ideas" dev handbook.
That is not correct, till now the storyboard is for both games written till chapter 10. But I am sure you won't believe me and staying up for your asumtion - as wrong it wil be...

Zerosol

Aug 16, 2017
At first, I was sad about the fact that the content was being reworked. After playing through though the writing and character interactions are MUCH BETTER this time around. I already loved the game but this rework is unquestionably a positive in my book.

Nov 1, 2022
I thought after two years, Reworked would have few more chapters, so I was wrong
To be fair Ocean is making a lot of money off Summer's Gone which has no sexual content. So 80% of his time will be dedicated to that and he'll most likely put WIAB on the back burner and release an update next year around the same time unless he decides to change that.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes