4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Blake45666

Aug 31, 2020
really digging the reworks, also shout out to give an MC long hair. I have long hair myself and it is way too uncommon in media to see any guy with long hair except in fantasy settings

great work Ocean

candycucumber

Sep 8, 2017
for Miru I agree, yet for mc, im not sure....wth is the thing with heterochromia?
why to stop there, why not epidermolysis bullosa as well?
and ofc, as the final touch he could/should add two dicks, or at least forked dick, to make mc a complete beauty.
Great, and now MC looks weird like Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel. Thanks for the Teaser, with that knowing my wait of one f***ing year has finally ended.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I'm confused are these the same designs they have in chapter 6 or are they different?
and if they are different dose that mean chapter 6 will also get a rework?
Miru got changed in chapter 6 to that design and the MC got changed but this is certainly new. I would be surprised if the rework won't include some changes to chapter 6 so I expect that to happen when the rework gets rolled out.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Hello,

1. Blender - Daz
2. Color errors
3. Previews + comparisons

1. Blender - Daz

As everyone here should know, I am learning Blender.
And the best way to get better in something is to do it a lot.

I never openly said it and I wanted it to be a surprise but I planned on doing the WiAB rework in Blender.
That's also the reason why it took such a long time to even show some stuff to you guys.

But, last week I decided against it, even tho I have invested around 800€ in assets and other software but the Daz to Blender converters suck too hard at the moment.

I managed to fix all the major problems.. But.. There are so many small drawbacks and problems at the moment that pile up to a gigantic "Fuck you."

Blender itself isn't the problem. It's mostly the converters you have to use to get functionality. (Like Diffeomorphic or the Daz to Blender bridge.)

It would be no problem to do these super high-quality sex animations you often see on the web with a few chosen chars.
But if you have to constantly switch environments, chars, and do 1000+ renders an update, the headache these converters give me is too big.
Besides, I can only put two chars in one scene before my Vram explodes.
I decided to revisit Blender in a year and hopefully, those converters have improved by then.
I will still do Blender stuff on the side and sometimes use it for cinematics but I will proceed with my old plan. I will continue the game in Daz till season 2.
I am at a point where my Daz renders look decent enough to justify going a little bit further till season 2.

But I still learned a lot from Blender, especially in terms of animations, natural movement, etc.
Obviously, you cannot compare Daz and Blender. Daz is a shitshow in terms of animations.
So yeah, from now on, we're back on high productivity. (At least as soon as I get a 3090.)
I managed to render some scenes with the 1070Ti, even tho they take ~3:30h to finish.

2. Color errors

A few days ago I noticed some huge errors in my renders. Especially in the "blacks".
They are caused by my monitor and sometimes I see them and sometimes I don't.

I asked some people if they also see that stuff. But they don't.
If you notice some errors in the future, just something that looks absolutely weird, please tell me which monitor you are using and if you customized your color settings.

I also noticed how unbelievably different renders look on different monitors.
Currently, I am using a 49" Ultrawide 5120x1440.
And I hooked up a 27" 1920x1080 and saw how different they look.

There is sadly no way to actually match what you and I see.
Sadly, I do have to assume that everything you see on your monitor looks different from mine.

For example, the highlights on my 49" look amazing, while they are completely gone on the 27".
Maybe it's a resolution thingy. I can't say and I just hope it doesn't look too far off.
This also affects Summer's Gone.

3. Previews + comparisons.

Due to the fact that this is in some part a rework. (Events are different.) I have the chance to show you comparisons to what I am actually reworking and if a visual rework besides the story-rework is justified.

The entire first season of WiAB is written now. Everything is brought up to a new standard. I will now have to overhaul the second season a little.

In the old WiAB, I reduced the MC in terms of deepness to a minimum. I did that because back in the days, I thought giving the MC a "bland" personality, would make it easier for the player to insert themselves.

I hate that and did throw it completely away in Chapter 6 and added what was usually planned for the boy.

I always did it so that you couldn't see the MC's face in the old WIAB (cause it's the player.) but I found a new love.. Cinematic shots and animations. And I have to show the face.

You could see the old MC in this render.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The updates are now smaller. I won't do any 5000 lines updates anymore as you all know. So, as soon as I have the 3090, I will be able to give my first thoughts on the near future.

I have found some 3090s available. But those are the "Bad" custom versions.
And I really don't want to pay 1800€ for a "bad" version of it. The ones that are loud and cool like shit.
My eyes are open and I am scanning the sites every day.

I am probably going to do another dev log this month.

- Ocean
:)
So Miru went from the barely passable girl to super gorgeous goddess! Meanwhile MC went from regular guy to Badass Henry Cavill.

I can't wait to play the new version

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
So Miru went from the barely passable girl to super gorgeous goddess! Meanwhile MC went from regular guy to Badass Henry Cavill....I can't wait to play the new version
I say&feel contrary, unfortunately...regarding "a new mc", imo, he looks like an unfortunate offspring of B.Kaulitz&J.Bieber on steroids ( :KEK: ) ...a true monstrosity, kinda, and the game has no intent to become a proper horror? or has?
yet, whatever, tastes differ, im guessing ladies (or those feeling like it) find him "just adorable", as any badass pop-rock star should be (pictured)...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I say&feel contrary, unfortunately...regarding "a new mc", imo, he looks like an unfortunate offspring of B.Kaulitz&J.Bieber on steroids ( :KEK: ) ...a true monstrosity, kinda, and the game has no intent to become a proper horror? or has?
yet, whatever, tastes differ, im guessing ladies (or those feeling like it) find him "just adorable", as any badass pop-rock star should be (pictured)...
:LOL: You made me laugh with your characterization... But honestly, he is really handsome. I do think a simpler hairstyle would look better, as that one is the kind of hairstyle that "takes 4 hours just to look as if I don't care how it looks". I also think he would look better with less a beard, this one is too thick.
But no doubt, he is super handsome.

Still, the big surprise is Miru... she is breathtaking. She also looks less of a freak, all super charge girl and has a way softer look. Ocean is a genius making babes.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and Maviarab

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
:LOL: You made me laugh with your characterization... But honestly, he is really handsome. I do think a simpler hairstyle would look better, as that one is the kind of hairstyle that "takes 4 hours just to look as if I don't care how it looks". I also think he would look better with less a beard, this one is too thick.
But no doubt, he is super handsome.

Still, the big surprise is Miru... she is breathtaking.
well, if not on new mc, on new Miru we all agree, as far as i can see;)

Reactions: Ayhsel

Eishier

Feb 27, 2019
Holy shit MC looks really good like Greek God kind of good with that body and face,when chapter 6 was realesed i asked ocean if he is thinking given MC long hair because end of the chapter 6 MC had slightly long hair now that with rework he has a long hair its kinda makes me happy because i have long hair myself and basically there is no game that has male MC with long hair

Miru become gorgeous,her previous model was really ugly like when MC got drugged in the coffee shop her face become more beautiful than her normal face

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
how can i cheat on Miu now seriusly??? she is magnificent ! Good job dev for the rework it look very promising .

you just won a new patron continu the good work mate.
And from what I read, she is also going to be shown in under a better light in the remake...

I actually like that. Makes the decision of being a douchebag boyfriend way more important.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
I have always been favoring Katie over everybody else, but after the last update, Dana showed she is an amazing woman, bringing some desired competition. We'll see what happens with Miru, but I expect a harder, more fair battle to come.
As you said, it will be difficult to choose, Miru is on another level compared to how much better she looks now, Katie is not far behind, Cecilia, the sherrif's niece, Petrova and Donna comes to mind too.
When the update comes out I will have to update my top 5.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
As you said, it will be difficult to choose, Miru is on another level compared to how much better she looks now, Katie is not far behind, Cecilia, the sherrif's niece, Petrova and Donna comes to mind too.
When the update comes out I will have to update my top 5.
Great that you mentioned Donna. I had written about her before, as to be honest I find her very interesting too. It is kind of fuck up, cause she did screw us over, but she seems so nice otherwise.

There is also the two babes that appeared in the ending video of the last version. They were fucking hot!

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes