4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Oceanlab Sorry to hit you with this. But I could not find post with updated information about it.

Could you give us a schedule? not about release dates and such about about the order in which you plan to proceed. I know that the focus next would be WIAB rework. But about how much advanced the project is or how much would the 1st release of the rework includes.
Also, given that now each game has their own machine, do you have any idea of how much has the productivity improved? Not asking for an ETA as that makes absolutely no sense, but simply trying to control my expectations.

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Oceanlab
Also, given that now each game has their own machine, do you have any idea of how much has the productivity improved? Not asking for an ETA as that makes absolutely no sense, but simply trying to control my expectations.

The overall productivity improved a lot. SG is already deep in development again and so is WiAB. The only thing that is now missing is some real rendering speed. A 3090 is nice but if you take into account how long some of my animations are. It's pretty much nothing.

WiAB is still rendering on a single 2080Ti and the mainboard/CPU is too old to properly support a 3090.
I am saving up for a Trx4 motherboard and CPU that could support up to two 3090s or four Quadros.
Which I would slowly upgrade over time.

The only thing that is messing with my productivity is my sleep schedule and I am currently working on that.

Oceanlab Sorry to hit you with this. But I could not find post with updated information about it.

Could you give us a schedule? not about release dates and such about about the order in which you plan to proceed. I know that the focus next would be WIAB rework. But about how much advanced the project is or how much would the 1st release of the rework includes.
Due to the way I rewrote the story and most of the events, the old version/chapter counting doesn't apply anymore.
So the current Chapter 6 needs to be changed but I will keep the cinematics and reuse them in the rework. Too much work did go into them as if I could just throw them away.

For example:

In the old WiAB, the camping trip started in 0.5, which could also be seen as Chapter 5, and did go for just one day.
The camping trip was always planned as a three-day trip that also included Katrina, but I had to cut it down to one day because my PC back in the day couldn't handle the environment.

The camping trip had dedicated routes for all the girls, especially for Dana & Katie.
These will be brought back in the rework. Everything I had to cut due to a bad PC will be brought back.

Another big example of why the old counting doesn't apply anymore, we will meet Monica very early this time. (We didn't even see her in the old WiAB which would lead to massive story-flow errors down the line.)

But to answer your question, my Patreons voted on a Five-update release cycle.
So the rework will be released in five updates that all have the 2500-3000 line update size. (Half-chapters.)

The first reworked Chapter will end exactly where the old one ended. In Helen's house.
But the first Chapter is twice as big as the old WiAB 0.1.

The overall size of WiAB will be smaller but the game will feel longer because I did cut a lot of the 20+ sub-routes the old game had that pretty much forced you to play the game 8+ times.

This would just be a headache for a story-focused game.

It's very hard to properly explain the dynamic of the rework to the outside while comparing it to the old WIAB.
The players just have to see the rework to get an idea of what I am talking about.

What I mean when I say that the story is the same but 95% of the events changed.
Or what is behind all those personality improvements.

I hope this answers your questions :)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The overall productivity improved a lot. SG is already deep in development again and so is WiAB. The only thing that is now missing is some real rendering speed. A 3090 is nice but if you take into account how long some of my animations are. It's pretty much nothing.

WiAB is still rendering on a single 2080Ti and the mainboard/CPU is too old to properly support a 3090.
I am saving up for a Trx4 motherboard and CPU that could support up to two 3090s or four Quadros.
Which I would slowly upgrade over time.

The only thing that is messing with my productivity is my sleep schedule and I am currently working on that.

Due to the way I rewrote the story and most of the events, the old version/chapter counting doesn't apply anymore.
So the current Chapter 6 needs to be changed but I will keep the cinematics and reuse them in the rework. Too much work did go into them as if I could just throw them away.

For example:

In the old WiAB, the camping trip started in 0.5, which could also be seen as Chapter 5, and did go for just one day.
The camping trip was always planned as a three-day trip that also included Katrina, but I had to cut it down to one day because my PC back in the day couldn't handle the environment.

The camping trip had dedicated routes for all the girls, especially for Dana & Katie.
These will be brought back in the rework. Everything I had to cut due to a bad PC will be brought back.

Another big example of why the old counting doesn't apply anymore, we will meet Monica very early this time. (We didn't even see her in the old WiAB which would lead to massive story-flow errors down the line.)

But to answer your question, my Patreons voted on a Five-update release cycle.
So the rework will be released in five updates that all have the 2500-3000 line update size. (Half-chapters.)

The first reworked Chapter will end exactly where the old one ended. In Helen's house.
But the first Chapter is twice as big as the old WiAB 0.1.

The overall size of WiAB will be smaller but the game will feel longer because I did cut a lot of the 20+ sub-routes the old game had that pretty much forced you to play the game 8+ times.

This would just be a headache for a story-focused game.

It's very hard to properly explain the dynamic of the rework to the outside while comparing it to the old WIAB.
The players just have to see the rework to get an idea of what I am talking about.

What I mean when I say that the story is the same but 95% of the events changed.
Or what is behind all those personality improvements.

I hope this answers your questions :)
Indeed, thank you very much!! Should be obvious by my signature that I am kind of in love with the stories so if I can I plan to be here and in patreon supporting till they are finished.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
New MC + Miru #public-preview !!

View attachment 1011347
They also have their separate preview photos on Ocean's discord server. And few more!
Join his discord to access public-previews.

Hyped for WiAB lets fucking gooo! :love:
Kinda feel weird about the new MC look. But that might be because he went from normal dude to HolyShitHeShouldBeModeling. lol And Miru is looking great. Really can't wait to play the reworked version.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Kinda feel weird about the new MC look. But that might be because he went from normal dude to HolyShitHeShouldBeModeling. lol And Miru is looking great. Really can't wait to play the reworked version.
I hate the new miru and the Dave Navarro mc. But atleast Katie got spared being "fixed". After hearing most of it is the same but changed makes me more worried tbh. But it's their vn to "fix" if they want to.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I hate the new miru and the Dave Navarro mc. But atleast Katie got spared being "fixed". After hearing most of it is the same but changed makes me more worried tbh. But it's their vn to "fix" if they want to.
I think if there was no rework, and MC changed to this, I'd hate it too. But Oceanlab has a clear vision with his work, so I'm down for the change. We'll see if it fits the MC in the reworked story or not. I do think a shorter hairstyle pairs better with that beard, though. But thats just me.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Bet your ass on it that Katie got improved, too.

At least her body and eyes got improved to look more natural and photorealistic.

I think if there was no rework, and MC changed to this, I'd hate it too. But Oceanlab has a clear vision with his work, so I'm down for the change. We'll see if it fits the MC in the reworked story or not. I do think a shorter hairstyle pairs better with that beard, though. But thats just me.
That's actually an "old" image. I changed his hairstyle again because I didn't like the one up there.
It's also not a new preview. It was posted here before.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Bet your ass on it that Katie got improved, too.

At least her body and eyes got improved to look more natural and photorealistic.

That's actually an "old" image. I changed his hairstyle again because I didn't like the one up there.
It's also not a new preview. It was posted here before.

The purple is kind of weird, imo. Especially with the purple stubble. Kind of feel a deep brown would be better. Or maybe purple hair, with the black stubble?

Does look better than the previous image, though.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
I think That’s a hella improvement! I love the new look of MC and Miru, but concerned with Katie though, not seen the pics but I hope it’s not too realistic, I loved her over-the-topness. Anyway, in dev we trust.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and frenk

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
That's the bar lighting. There is a purple neon-bar.

His hair is pitch black like Leias.
That's a tad unrealistic but I am not here to nitpick. I am okay with him looking more like Geralt that's for sure since it doesn't take place in the Middle East.

Eishier

Feb 27, 2019
Fuck yeah MC's hair looks incredible its so much better than previous one i was really happy that MC gonna have a long hair but previous preview with him long hair looked kinda strange but now seeing this,i loved the hair

Last edited:

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
The whole Miru disappearance, the story leading up to it and how it's handled by the MC is just weird in some paths.
He not question why she doesn't seek sex after he gets released and doesn't even ask her what's wrong when she keeps avoiding him?
How is he not more concerned when she goes missing and instead goes to party with the girls at the camping trip?
In some paths the whole backstory about how they met is skipped entirely...

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
The whole Miru disappearance, the story leading up to it and how it's handled by the MC is just weird.
How does he not question why she doesn't seek sex after he gets released and doesn't even ask her what's wrong when she keeps avoiding him? How is he not more concerned when she goes missing and instead goes to party with the girls at the camping trip?
All this now makes no sense to discuss it, since history is being rewritten and Miru is not going to act like that in the rework. :whistle:

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes