4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
You know, I still prefer the new Miru, but I can see why some people prefer the old Miru, when comparing the two versions side by side. The old Miru has that cute, adorableness baked into her very looks. And it helps the twist that she's a ninja. The new Miru is still cute, but more... "mature"? refined? I dunno.

All in all, though, I like how the upgrade seems to be going.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You know, I still prefer the new Miru, but I can see why some people prefer the old Miru, when comparing the two versions side by side. The old Miru has that cute, adorableness baked into her very looks. And it helps the twist that she's a ninja. The new Miru is still cute, but more... "mature"? refined? I dunno.

All in all, though, I like how the upgrade seems to be going.
Old Miru has the disadvantage of looking like several Asian characters in several other games, whereas this new one looks much more unique.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Old miru may have starred in other vns but she looked so expressive and beautiful the new one looks stuck up and bored. The new Dave Navarro mc and the new her hopefully grow on me when actually playing the vn.

Just hoping the vn is really "improved" for all that was lost seems too much.

• Wow
Reactions: Ayhsel

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Old miru may have starred in other vns but she looked so expressive and beautiful the new one looks stuck up and bored. The new Dave Navarro mc and the new her hopefully grow on me when actually playing the vn.

Just hoping the vn is really "improved" for all that was lost seems too much.
Keep the faith...will be awesome.

modo200

Feb 5, 2018

Hello,

So, in the last post, I said I would be doing another Dev log till the end of the last month.
There was just one problem... All the previews I had looked way too similar because the first 70% of the update is about Miru's and MC's life. So I decided to postpone the dev log and keep working until we reach the next scene so that I can give visually different previews.

With the new Chapter 1, you will not get dropped into the call from Leia immediately like in the old WIAB. Old WiAB didn't even have an intro.

Today, I can also show a comparison again. (Only possible if I kept the scene in the rework)

In general most of the scenes are now much more fleshed out. No more weird jumps. A very simple example, here is the wake-up scene from Day 2 in the old and new WiAB.
View attachment 1024747

New WiAB
View attachment 1024748

View attachment 1024749

Now that I am writing this Dev log, I find myself at a loss for topics. We need to reach Chapter 2 and meet many of the other people before I can do the usual big Dev logs again.

Chapter 1 will exactly end at the same spot as the old one did. In Helen's room.
It is also twice as big as the old one.

View attachment 1024750

I am at a little loss for different previews here because I also do not want to preview anything that could spoiler something.

View attachment 1024751

But as you can see in this render, you will get a little insight into Miru's and MC's daily life... Before and after the infamous call.
Nothing better than a hot coffee and watching two people fight after a night out.

View attachment 1024752

As some of you might know, I did a poll for Summer's Gone about one character that will be converted to Blender. With whom I will experiment and create some image sets.

I will do the same for WiAB after the release of Chapter 2. So that you had a look at most of the characters and the changes I made.
And before I waste more time trying to find something to write about, I'd rather get back to work.
  • Ocean
no way i'll break up with here now she look gorgeous in the new remake :love:
red.gif

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Huh. :unsure:

I'm curious, how many people tossed Miru aside for the other LIs? I've only the one playthrough, and my MC stayed faithful to her.
In all but one save heh. I didn't identify with her at all, just had a save faithful to her purely as I'm a completionist and like to see all the devs content (whether it particularly interest me or not).

Always difficuly in a story (in a VN) with an exteblished LI (wife, gf, whetever), as obviously the character is invested in them but, when given choices we are not invested in them and know nothing about them except from what we initially see.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
That was the reasoning for me. I try to play from my MC's pov, and it didn't really make sense to just randomly start cheating.
You can (or could) however just not pay her any attention, turn her advances down (without cheating) and she (the player) still gains the opportunity to cheat on you. Obviously, MC would not know this but, as the player we do so you can then go about 'your business' reletively guilt free.

How much of that will change remains to be seen which is why I haven't even tried 0.06 yet as would rather experience that episode after playing the reworked story so it all flows properly.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You can (or could) however just not pay her any attention, turn her advances down (without cheating) and she (the player) still gains the opportunity to cheat on you. Obviously, MC would not know this but, as the player we do so you can then go about 'your business' reletively guilt free.

How much of that will change remains to be seen which is why I haven't even tried 0.06 yet as would rather experience that episode after playing the reworked story so it all flows properly.
One of the things I didnt like in the "old" game is those "multple protagonists" game- parts (though without any tag).
I absolutely had no interest in Miru (sorry girl), and particularly wasnt interested to play as her/mc.
There is some (slim) hope from my side though that could be changed with this rework (or at least to give us an option, similar to trans/futa, ntr or so switches - interested or not to go with "multiple" mod).

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
One of the things I didnt like in the "old" game is those "multple protagonists" game- parts (though without any tag).
I absolutely had no interest in Miru (sorry girl), and particularly wasnt interested to play as her/mc.
There is some (slim) hope from my side though that could be changed with this rework (or at least to give us an option, similar to trans/futa, ntr or so switches - interested or not to go with "multiple" mod).
The choices for the other characters got removed in the rework.

It's a cheap way of "selling a decision" to the player and marking it as valid because he made it himself.
Even when the choice was totally out of character.

Other characters are now only influenced by the MC's decisions.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The choices for the other characters got removed in the rework.

It's a cheap way of "selling a decision" to the player and marking it as valid because he made it himself.
Even when the choice was totally out of character.

Other characters are now only influenced by the MC's decisions.
Great, glad to hear that!
It could be perhaps the most important improvement (despite those new girls looks and all) in my eyes at least.

Andre Young

Aug 3, 2020
Huh. :unsure:

I'm curious, how many people tossed Miru aside for the other LIs? I've only the one playthrough, and my MC stayed faithful to her.
Im one of those people :BootyTime:
Leia, Katie and Dana´s model from the original game were way better than Miru´s model.
It is known whether the dev plans to improve Katie, Leia or Dana's model as he did with Miru ?

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Im one of those people :BootyTime:
Leia, Katie and Dana´s model from the original game were way better than Miru´s model.
It is known whether the dev plans to improve Katie, Leia or Dana's model as he did with Miru ?
They have been yes though not as drastically in the case of Leah and Katie (have not seen Dana).

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Hello,

So, in the last post, I said I would be doing another Dev log till the end of the last month.
There was just one problem... All the previews I had looked way too similar because the first 70% of the update is about Miru's and MC's life. So I decided to postpone the dev log and keep working until we reach the next scene so that I can give visually different previews.

With the new Chapter 1, you will not get dropped into the call from Leia immediately like in the old WIAB. Old WiAB didn't even have an intro.

Today, I can also show a comparison again. (Only possible if I kept the scene in the rework)

In general most of the scenes are now much more fleshed out. No more weird jumps. A very simple example, here is the wake-up scene from Day 2 in the old and new WiAB.
View attachment 1024747

New WiAB
View attachment 1024748

View attachment 1024749

Now that I am writing this Dev log, I find myself at a loss for topics. We need to reach Chapter 2 and meet many of the other people before I can do the usual big Dev logs again.

Chapter 1 will exactly end at the same spot as the old one did. In Helen's room.
It is also twice as big as the old one.

View attachment 1024750

I am at a little loss for different previews here because I also do not want to preview anything that could spoiler something.

View attachment 1024751

But as you can see in this render, you will get a little insight into Miru's and MC's daily life... Before and after the infamous call.
Nothing better than a hot coffee and watching two people fight after a night out.

View attachment 1024752

As some of you might know, I did a poll for Summer's Gone about one character that will be converted to Blender. With whom I will experiment and create some image sets.

I will do the same for WiAB after the release of Chapter 2. So that you had a look at most of the characters and the changes I made.
And before I waste more time trying to find something to write about, I'd rather get back to work.
  • Ocean
Absolute goddess tier babe!! Competition is going to get sooo fierce! And it is going to be so hard to be the full cheating slut that I was before... I can already see a full competition in my heart between Miru, Katie and Dana.

Wait.. MC has heterochromia or I am seeing something wrong? Will characters react to that? it is quite an uncommon feature. Will Leia also have it?

Can't wait to play this game!

Last edited:

Satburn

Nov 30, 2020
Absolute goddess tier babe!! Competition is going to get sooo fierce!

Wait.. MC has heterochromia or I am seeing something wrong? Will characters react to that? it is quite an uncommon feature. Will Leia also have it?
Looking at that image, I would say it may have something to do with the lighting effects used in the rendering process, but his eyes are certainly 2 different colours.

But still very interesting and well spotted. :)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Looking at that image, I would say it may have something to do with the lighting effects used in the rendering process, but his eyes are certainly 2 different colours...
If nothing has changed, and if i remember correctly from some of the first previews/updates here, mc with heterochromia was/is ocean's idea for the new/revamped mc.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes