4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I'm just sad that thing aren't going at a pace that would give me the impression that the games will advance in the short - mid term.
I'm sad, because i like how the dev told the story and what's to come; but there are some other aspects that got me worried.

Just watching this thread, one year ago, we were waiting for the 0.6, which got delayed to June, with the hopes of having the rest of chapters 1 to 5 revamped in the next update cycle 3-6 months after.
Not only that time went by, but it seems like we are like last year waiting for an update that could drop in june just by watching the usual scheduling of the dev.

That's not my main concern... to be honest. Now the story will be on HOLD and expanded by retelling the story again in new 6 updates... so all those stories written are put on hold until we reach the same point again... with no guarantees that we won't get another revamp if the dev got the itch of doing it better from the start.

I'm usually accustomed to that kind of people (and i hope the dev is not on the extreme i know), perfectionist to the point that they get paralyzed in a state in which they are redoing the same over and over... until they miss the deploy time or the passion for the project.

I'm the one that love story over render, so that's a me problem, and i'm okay with that. But i feel that, some of the cinematics done in this and in his other game, might be getting too much time of his. Some does the work and convey the feelings that i think he wants, like the one with Katie in chapter 6, others are just there just to be there, like the ones at the start of the chapter in SG (being the first one an exception).

I'm eager to watch more of WiaB, so in a way, my sadness comes by the realization that i won't see more of this story (I know that i will get expanded, but that is not progressing, it's expanding) up until 6 releases; and by taking previous experiences that could be 3 years from now.

This is just my way to vent, so bear with me, because i recognized patterns of previous experiences, some of my friends and workers got burned by the same kind of behaviour, so that triggered my worries for the future of this amazing VN.

I can judge by what's delivered, a top notch story with amazing renders, interesting characters, stuck in a loop of remaster, retelling and redoing, with no reliable releases mostly tainted by big delays in the recent updates.
Hope for the best, and eager to see in the near future that my worries were for nothing.
There is only one cure for this kind of problem which is...don't play unfinished things.

Other than that, hope and wait. Technology is improving and rendering power is the main bottleneck in these novels, so hopefully speed will increase.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm just sad that thing aren't going at a pace that would give me the impression that the games will advance in the short - mid term.
I'm sad, because i like how the dev told the story and what's to come; but there are some other aspects that got me worried.

Just watching this thread, one year ago, we were waiting for the 0.6, which got delayed to June, with the hopes of having the rest of chapters 1 to 5 revamped in the next update cycle 3-6 months after.
Not only that time went by, but it seems like we are like last year waiting for an update that could drop in june just by watching the usual scheduling of the dev.

That's not my main concern... to be honest. Now the story will be on HOLD and expanded by retelling the story again in new 6 updates... so all those stories written are put on hold until we reach the same point again... with no guarantees that we won't get another revamp if the dev got the itch of doing it better from the start.

I'm usually accustomed to that kind of people (and i hope the dev is not on the extreme i know), perfectionist to the point that they get paralyzed in a state in which they are redoing the same over and over... until they miss the deploy time or the passion for the project.

I'm the one that love story over render, so that's a me problem, and i'm okay with that. But i feel that, some of the cinematics done in this and in his other game, might be getting too much time of his. Some does the work and convey the feelings that i think he wants, like the one with Katie in chapter 6, others are just there just to be there, like the ones at the start of the chapter in SG (being the first one an exception).

I'm eager to watch more of WiaB, so in a way, my sadness comes by the realization that i won't see more of this story (I know that i will get expanded, but that is not progressing, it's expanding) up until 6 releases; and by taking previous experiences that could be 3 years from now.

This is just my way to vent, so bear with me, because i recognized patterns of previous experiences, some of my friends and workers got burned by the same kind of behaviour, so that triggered my worries for the future of this amazing VN.

I can judge by what's delivered, a top notch story with amazing renders, interesting characters, stuck in a loop of remaster, retelling and redoing, with no reliable releases mostly tainted by big delays in the recent updates.
Hope for the best, and eager to see in the near future that my worries were for nothing.
You could have extended your keyboards life by just looking to see actually why there has been a delay.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019

Put the VN/this thread out of your mind and revisit in 6 months or so, that’s really the best thing you can do rather than fretting about it. There’ll be a couple of releases by then to assuage your fears or there won’t be, but one way or another you’ll know where this project is at.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I get the concerns. I have the concern about how much the story is going to change. Dev states that "is pretty much the same but almost all of it has changed" (paraphrased) doesn't inspire hope lol.

The story was great, the look of character was great but now it's all changing. Only when it's rereleased will I know if it is for me. But it was something special before...

Reactions: MarinBladewing

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
So I just finished my first play thru (amazing btw) and im kinda confused on whats next after reading the last few pages of this thread. Will we see anything new on the next update other than the rework? like the trial for example, or the next steps are rework only?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
So I just finished my first play thru (amazing btw) and im kinda confused on whats next after reading the last few pages of this thread. Will we see anything new on the next update other than the rework? like the trial for example, or the next steps are rework only?
As I understand it, the story won't continue until all 6 episodes go through the rework. But bear in mind, the rework isn't just making the images better. Story is being tweaked and new stuff is being added. So its still a new experience. If I'm understanding things correctly.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
As I understand it, the story won't continue until all 6 episodes go through the rework. But bear in mind, the rework isn't just making the images better. Story is being tweaked and new stuff is being added. So its still a new experience. If I'm understanding things correctly.
That's how I took all the update news. So all those that love what exists will have to wait and see how they like the new story and looks...

How do they deal with the reviews? Do they reset? So many little questions lol

Reactions: otronegro

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
How do they deal with the reviews? Do they reset? So many little questions lol
Reviews stay the same, seen other games that have been remastered and the reviews never changed on those unless the reviewer chose to.

I know Notty asked me to remove/change some stuff i'd put down from her original launches that had changed with the remaster but some of my other stuff from other remastered games is still there.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Not going to lie, while i will wait part of me is impatient to see the remake. I remember liking this a lot when i played long ago before he started redoing the game. :cool:
The twist between the protagonist and his sisters was really good.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Broke my heart watching Katie's backstory and how MC and the older sister treated her.

She became my cinnamon roll that update ... she will be protected at all costs .... and also fucked senseless.
Took the words from my mouth. She also became my favorite there. :love: :love:
Huh. I was under the impression Katie being a cunt was what tore things apart. I didn't really interact with her much as a result. I thought it was a one sided thing, but it looks like MC and Leia were doing shit to her as well? I guess I need to do a replay to see what thats about. :unsure:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Huh. I was under the impression Katie being a cunt was what tore things apart. I didn't really interact with her much as a result. I thought it was a one sided thing, but it looks like MC and Leia were doing shit to her as well? I guess I need to do a replay to see what thats about. :unsure:
I loved her as a cunt, loved dominating her, but I must agree with them that it Broke my heart when I found out why she was a cunt. I kept both routes cause one is titillating the other was so tragically beautiful.

Reasons like this is why I'm so damn opposed to the remake. I truly want none of it changed. It was so special.

Reactions: MarinBladewing

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It was a one sided thing .... but the other way around.

As a child she wanted to play with them but they wouldn't have anything to do with her and then they started bullying her up to the MC beheading her doll .. or was it a teddy, one of the two anyway.

She was never a cunt, they did that to her.

Last scene of her childhood flashback was her sitting alone in the rain crying wondering why her siblings hated her. She'd done nothing but try and be friends.

Her being a cunt is how she grew up after that to hide her pain.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
It was a one sided thing .... but the other way around.

As a child she wanted to play with them but they wouldn't have anything to do with her and then they started bullying her up to the MC beheading her doll .. or was it a teddy, one of the two anyway.

She was never a cunt, they did that to her.

Last scene of her childhood flashback was her sitting alone in the rain crying wondering why her siblings hated her. She'd done nothing but try and be friends.

Her being a cunt is how she grew up after that to hide her pain.
Ahhhh, shit. No wonder she blackmails them. Thats messed up. And it explains a lot about her now.

MrLewdTimes

Oct 7, 2018
Can some help me out, I've played this like 3 times and the only sex scenes were with Miru and Ronda. I'm I missing something, as I tried to get scenes with Lea and Katie but just got some light action, nothing crazy.

I thought this was complete, that's my bad.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It was a named teddy bear if i not mistaken. Her only "friend" while being a child.
Her siblings were shitty people to her.

My full focus when the remake is released will be the protagonist trying to make amends after what he did.

Reactions: redraw

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ahhhh, shit. No wonder she blackmails them. Thats messed up. And it explains a lot about her now.
It's a really well done scene but a bit on the heart wrenching side.

I really didn't like Katie up until that scene but she my absolute fave now.

I think that flashback and Luna's childhood flashback from Deluca are 2 of the best tearjerker scenes i've seen done in VN's.

Reactions: MadCore and frenk

deoclitian

Aug 5, 2017
If you are here just to troll, please do continue with similar posts.
Otherwise, check a few dev posts, here is one of the latest explaining what is going on.
You can also find a lot more info regarding this game, and the dev, just by searching this, or the thread of his other game.
saw recently that he focused more on Summer`s Gone in the last months so .... yea I understand now
MY BAD !!!
I like this game but Summer`s Gone its on next level, so much better , my opinion ofc

Reactions: mojococo and Abhai
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes