• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
At the time, of the build, the game was using old renders, until a certain point when the past renders didn't match the new renders, as well as the story having inconsitencies with Miru and other things, hence the Rework.

That all said, while visually and storyly sound, the constances of typos and puntuations, along with the super long Dev time, kills this game. At best, rather than work two games, OL should mainly focus on ONE game. I get that he wants to work on two, and by process over work his PCs and then announce needing to upgrade/had computer issues, but really, 8-10 months, if not more for this and Summers Gone just to update really looses fans and hype for the game. And I'm not alone in thinking that. This game, and Summers Gone, have promise and potential to be unique and amazing games character and story wise, but the long wait for updates kills it.
Just proves as a creator you should have the story and all the ducks in a row from the start. To many seems to start with a general idea, and then make it up as they go along. Makes for terrible story telling in the end with plot holes and twists that doesn't make sense.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
man we really waited almost 2 fucking years for 20-30 min update ?! i can't deny the quality of the remake (renders & the story especially Miru i love here new look and personalityshe's perfect ) but fuck me that was short as hell . anyway good luck mate you gonna need it .
More like 15 minutes of content.
And while Miru and MC look much better, and the handling of an open relationship is addressed better, the big crime is tht we didn't get to see Katie. -RAGES-

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Just proves as a creator you should have the story and all the ducks in a row from the start. To many seems to start with a general idea, and then make it up as they go along. Makes for terrible story telling in the end with plot holes and twists that doesn't make sense.
Yes and no. OL had a general sense for the story, yet assumably seeing how fans kept bringing up the inconsistencies with Miru, along with the better renders OL started to have, naturally things do change and a overhaul can take place.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I haven't played the original in years and when I did, I didn't go very far. It wasn't that I didn't like it, BTW, it was the feeling that "oh oh, I have too much to catch up to..."

A restart seems a good place to start.

How frequently could we expect updates to this?
How much content there is in this?

Can someone update the tags in the OP as I doubt all these are within the 0.1.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Nice job folks.
It appears that Ocean has abandoned this forum.
Edit:
To my growing group of face palmers. I wanted to send a PM to Ocean and was unable to find any trace of his account or prior posts here. If I'm wrong, rather than facepalm me please provide a link to his account and assist me in my efforts. Otherwise, please explain how my initial comment is wrong.

Seriously. I welcome any information to assist me in messaging Ocean.

Edit:
My inability to find Ocean was apparently due to my own incompetence, since he was nice enough to reply to this comment. Some days you're the hammer other days the nail.

Last edited:

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Okay, apart from Jason Momoa's MC, which I'm personally not a fan, everything else is great. The animations are stellar, renders were really cool, the story seems more direct and motivations seems clearer.

docc2009

Mar 21, 2020
Wow, what are the graphics of character models and animation,Damn it is a beautiful game, it's a pity it's just short and only one sex scene or I did something wrong, well, the author is great, keep making the game

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Just finished the rework. In terms of the quality and fidelity increase, this is expected after the last few updates from SG. Even more so, the quality of the animations is great. In terms of the rework in itself, I think it is a straight upgrade not in just looks, but also in writing. Ocean clearly cares about telling a quality story in both WiAB and SG.

The start of WiAB was rocky from a writing perspective. The relationship between the MC and Miru needed work. Both the MC and Miru themselves could've used some better character writing. MC moving back home didn't have a lot of weight to it. These are fixed in just this rework beta alone. More small interactions early on to set the mood for the MC and Miru's relationship which didn't really happen until quite a bit into the previous version outside of a few sex scenes. Much needed dimension to both MC and Miru as well makes me look forward to the story moving forward. The added scene at the start was a great touch in my opinion. It really adds weight to the idea the MC had built a new life somewhere else. Previously, it didn't make sense for the MC to actually care about where he was living before he returned home.

I like that the characters seem to keep their physical looks and personalities for the most part from what we have seen thus far. Miru was a straight upgrade, and the MC needed a better look if he was going to be shown more and I like how the new look has hints of Dylan and Helen in it. On that note, never played previous updates of WiAB without the i-patch and it is still clearly intended here with several lines and the fact a lot of the relationships and scenes are practically the same with a few changes here and there. I assume one will be coming in the future as it is pretty important for several of the plot threads.

I think this rework gives WiAB a much better foundation to work on as the previous updates had very weird scenes here and there such as the scene leading the MC to jail and the MC having to go to court plus some of the stuff with Miru's past. Those would need major reworking to be implemented well and I could understand why a major rework like this would probably need to start from ground zero to make things more consistent and why only doing a visual rework wouldn't have really worked. That being said, I worry for both SG and WiAB. Both are games I am very invested in and care about to see to the end.

Ocean previously promised quicker updates between SG and WiAB, after SG's last update a few months back and now WiAB, I hope maybe this can be true especially with WiAB basically starting over with the rework. Especially now that both WiAB and SG are shooting for very high quality looks and animations. Heck, there are some early scenes in SG that are still present in the current version of SG I suspect Ocean may end up doing a visual only rework for at some point. I do hope that as many of the original scenes are kept in some capacity and maybe changed slightly that worked fine in the original release of WiAB as I don't see a reason to fix something that wasn't broken while reworking them a bit as we move forward. Good luck with this one Ocean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guvell

onione761

May 10, 2021
Just like the introduction Years have passed. Things have changed so I decide to head home to see what the hell is going on. And I certainly didn't expect that.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The first post of this thread is dated 29 october 2018... More than 3 years later it has been posted the re-remake 0.1 version... I think no other words are needed.
I've always tried to assess Ocean's work with an objective mind, so in that sense I'm not one of his defenders, but I'm curious. Have you bothered to play the reboot?
Enquiring minds want to know.
Because if you haven't you have no basis to consider that your words have any meaning at all.

Reactions: ElleD and johnelros
4.30 star(s) 184 Votes