4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Shawncjx

Sep 20, 2021
To be fair, 15 mins worth of content, after such a long wait, not really worth the wait. Had this been up to .6 then sure, it was worth it. But as of now, given the new release, as tempted as I am to enjoy this game, I'm putting this game on the back burner until the releases are bigger in content and not 15 minute endevours.
Sad to say but I agree with what you sai. Personally think the original version was good enough for me and I'm just looking forward for the next chapter but at the same time I respect Oceanlab's perfectionism towards their own work. Hopefully I can revisit this game next year

Reactions: SerHawkes

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Glad to see this is back but disappointed in how much is in the first release. I guess that's probably because of the first game and how far we were and now we have to replay it again just to catch up. Needs an I-patch or an explanation as to why I'm so worried about my friend's family.

Mad at shingles not the dev for getting them and slowing down his production. Hopefully things will pick up and development will come at a steady pace.

Reactions: johndoe19

saltynip

Oct 16, 2020
Glad to see this is back but disappointed in how much is in the first release. I guess that's probably because of the first game and how far we were and now we have to replay it again just to catch up. Needs an I-patch or an explanation as to why I'm so worried about my friend's family.

Mad at shingles not the dev for getting them and slowing down his production. Hopefully things will pick up and development will come at a steady pace.
Yep, definitely needs an Incest Patch to move forward. The new Miru's character arc is indeed richer than before

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I haven't played the original in years and when I did, I didn't go very far. It wasn't that I didn't like it, BTW, it was the feeling that "oh oh, I have too much to catch up to..."

A restart seems a good place to start.

How frequently could we expect updates to this?
How much content there is in this?

Can someone update the tags in the OP as I doubt all these are within the 0.1.

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
Could someone link me to a post with the link to the compressed version of the final version before the rework, and the incest patch for it if it exists?

Edit: I'd like to make it clear that me asking for this is not meant as some passive-aggressive way for me to shit on the rework. I've never even played the rework or have anything against it. In fact, I understand that while reworking a game is often a difficult and unpopular decision for a creator to make, biting the bullet and going back to repair a foundation can on balance and in the long run result in more efficient and productive work than continuously attempting to build up from a flawed base with all the escalating problems that causes update by update. I just hope the new version of the story retains incest since that's my main thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nkys and Λvipray_x

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Ocean said;
Back then I didn't realize it but I maneuvered myself into a devil's circle. Nothing ever seemed good enough, I kept redoing renders, animations, etc.
Technically, quite a bit of work was done daily but it doesn't matter if you move in a circle.
Just thinking about Chapter 1 felt like a burden. I didn't really like it and I said more than once that it falls off in comparison to Chapter 2 and beyond. Which just made it worse. It felt like working on something that you knew was about to be spit on anyways.
But it was just my own insecurity about the Chapter and my own expectations. Just stupidity. But we're all flawed.
While there were times where I was making great progress with Chapter 1, discovering so many new and exciting things, I always fell back into the circle.
Then Chapter 3.5 SG was released.

And I started to utilize the momentum and for the last time redid some renders and said "Fuck it." No more of this bullshit. And after Chapter 3.5s final I went straight to the end of WIAB. Redid 95% of the cinematic, 70% of the lewd animations, and half the update in less than 2 months while also doing 600 renders and a 1:50min cinematic for Chapter 4 SG. I can't stress enough how important momentum is. Not just from update to update but also in your daily life. And the 8000⬠Workstation I bought a month ago helped me a lot with it.
  1. The last weeks
Around a week and a half ago I got infected with Shingles. Apparently, people who had chickenpox can be infected by it cause it's sleeping in your nerves.
My Doc said it was most likely caused by stress and well... I assume my subconsciousness was plagued quite a bit by the fact that I kept running in circles.
The update would've been out a week sooner but Miss Shingles and her dagger with +10 electric damage and chain lighting thought otherwise.
Anyways, no more bullshit like running in circles. I'll do it as I did with SG Chapter 3.5. A render that was rendered and is not totally crap, goes into the game.
No more overthinking and a much healthier approach to development.
I really want these games to be finished in the most quality way possible and I can't let my own ego get in the way of it.
I apologize to everyone. It was never my intention to make you wait this long.
Anyhow, let's focus on the future. I will take it easy until the shingles are gone and work on Chapter 2 will begin right after the Ch1 full version.
Thanks to everyone who kept supporting WIAB even after all that's happened. I'll make sure it was worth it.
  • Ocean
THANK YOU SIR> i and i hope WE know better now. it is a i suspected, as an artist myself i believed i understood what was going on. but as you say. Can't see what is happening right before your own eyes. We your fans trust in your work as you should. i did wonder about the issues and processes took. i understand. and FUCK SHINGLES... good description, i was there 5 yrs ago. and my case was mild. i am so sorry for you brother.
it does seem you are on the right path now, i just wish i could support you in other than words.
1637469020524.png

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
The reworked version looks absolutely phenomenal. Just wow!

I played through it first with NTR off.. Then soon got confronted with open/poly relationships choice? Was a little weirded out by that since NTR was off? anyways I chose not to mention it and some scene's/dialogue seemed short or ending a little abruptly..

So did another play through with NTR on and going with the open/poly relationship choice where the scenes/dialogue seems a lot better, more polished.. but that all seems to be from mentioning the open/poly relationship? And nothing to do with the NTR option? Curious to see what changes what in future content cause right now I am a little confused by the difference between the 2 options..

Aside from that I am just really impressed with the renders amazing job.

Reactions: Matt_88

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I gave the rework a try. The renders look lovely but, I think I'll just stick with Summer's Gone. I'll keep myself busy with other games until that game gets updated. I hope you feel better quickly and get plenty of rest, Dev. Take care of yourself.

Reactions: johndoe19

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
Really? A remake? Come on, after all this time we get 0.1 remake... I mean it looks pretty but it's almost too pretty for it's own good, it just takes too much time. I don't even want to think how long these animations take to render and yet they're pretty much useless, to me anyways.

Also, I don't know how long this game's supposed to be but SG is like 30 chapters or something like that right? Let's be honest, these games will probably never get finished.

Double also, working on 2 games at the same time when you want every single thing in each game to be perfect was probably the worst move this dev could've made.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes