4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Just finished the rework. In terms of the quality and fidelity increase, this is expected after the last few updates from SG. Even more so, the quality of the animations is great. In terms of the rework in itself, I think it is a straight upgrade not in just looks, but also in writing. Ocean clearly cares about telling a quality story in both WiAB and SG. The start of WiAB was rocky from a writing perspective. The relationship between the MC and Miru needed work. Both the MC and Miru themselves could've used some better character writing. MC moving back home didn't have a lot of weight to it. These are fixed in just this rework beta alone. More small interactions early on to set the mood for the MC and Miru's relationship which didn't really happen until quite a bit into the previous version outside of a few sex scenes. Much needed dimension to both MC and Miru as well makes me look forward to the story moving forward. The added scene at the start was a great touch in my opinion. It really adds weight to the idea the MC had built a new life somewhere else. Previously, it didn't make sense for the MC to actually care about where he was living before he returned home. I like that the characters seem to keep their physical looks and personalities for the most part from what we have seen thus far. Miru was a straight upgrade, and the MC needed a better look if he was going to be shown more and I like how the new look has hints of Dylan and Helen in it. On that note, never played previous updates of WiAB without the i-patch and it is still clearly intended here with several lines and the fact a lot of the relationships and scenes are practically the same with a few changes here and there. I assume one will be coming in the future as it is pretty important for several of the plot threads. I think this rework gives WiAB a much better foundation to work on as the previous updates had very weird scenes here and there such as the scene leading the MC to jail and the MC having to go to court plus some of the stuff with Miru's past. Those would need major reworking to be implemented well and I could understand why a major rework like this would probably need to start from ground zero to make things more consistent and why only doing a visual rework wouldn't have really worked. That being said, I worry for both SG and WiAB. Both are games I am very invested in and care about to see to the end. Ocean previously promised quicker updates between SG and WiAB, after SG's last update a few months back and now WiAB, I hope maybe this can be true especially with WiAB basically starting over with the rework. Especially now that both WiAB and SG are shooting for very high quality looks and animations. Heck, there are some early scenes in SG that are still present in the current version of SG I suspect Ocean may end up doing a visual only rework for at some point. I do hope that as many of the original scenes are kept in some capacity and maybe changed slightly that worked fine in the original release of WiAB as I don't see a reason to fix something that wasn't broken while reworking them a bit as we move forward. Good luck with this one Ocean.
Please use paragraphs, bro. That wall is hard to look at.

Mr. Dom

Feb 24, 2019
Oceanlab The video files are incorrect in the scripts file and do not play. Listed as LewdCh1p1 but should be MiruLewdCh1P1. This goes for all three videos. Same goes for the intro video, it is also named incorrectly. Easy fix for those that know how, but for those that don't, they miss the scenes.

Correction: The videos are just cut short and don't play the whole thing.

Last edited:

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
I love how emotional miru is and how realistic the relationship and the feelings are even if its just npcs.I would actually feel bad cheating on miru and thats something i love because in other big games female feel like sexdolls.You have no bad feeling in other games because it dosent feel like aperson so this game is so good that it can creates that connection.

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Wasn't a fan of Miru before, but now....damn son! Let's just hope for regular updates now, only time will tell. Renders are definitely much better. But the games gonna take forever and a day given the work now needed for renders and animations.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Dude, you are entitled to have whatever opinion you feel like about it. I am not here to begin a fight, i can't care less. But, like you said before, i made a observation about a undeniable fact.
Your more looking to start one with that tone. And again, there is no such things as facts.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I think you all understand the term milking wrong milking is like gta triology minimal work too make maximal profit but the new renders story that is so much work and passion how can you call that milking ?
Because at best this game should be .6 or so by now, with the reworked story and renders. Same goes for Summers Gone. Problem is, OL is working on both games on two computers and constantly overworks his PCs and ends up announcing that he has some computer issue and needs money for fixings. Hence the suspection of him Milking, despite his good workings.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I don't get this NTR = realism thing that OceanLab thinks has to exist. If the NTR is going to come in the form of a sex scene then it ether needs to A, switch perspectives which isnt realistic at all, or B, have the character somehow stumble on each and every one of his partners cheating on him which is pretty damn rare.
This story has never been told in first person static perspective. The characters have switched perspectives from the beginning of the game and sometimes you can hear their thoughts or see their past which makes it an omniscient perspective. In short, the MC is not the only pov character.

Reactions: SerHawkes

AlxTR

Modder
Jul 10, 2021
It's a new game.

I have no idea if there was a game with the exact same name.

Edit: Yea, to be honest I was quite shocked after I saw "How it all began" a few days ago.

I thought, "Oh no, someone already got the name"
When I see title My heart is WTF , first I thing " click beit or what " Than I undrstant but , you need New tittle and new name games , because every one know this game :) Not need Remake , Mybe cristmiss but not remake or Where it all began Seazon 3 mybe.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I only exposed facts. You look smart enough to draw your own conclusions about the future of this game.
No you expressed a weak opinion. I was interested in the basis of that opinion. You obviously have failed to support yours. It matters not how long something takes to create if the result justifies the time and effort. If you haven't bothered to assess the result then your opinion is irrelevant.

From your response I suspect you haven't bothered to take the time to play the update? Yes or no?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SerHawkes
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes