4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
There is no doubt Ocean is talented. The animation is top notch and if they are doing that in Daz or Blender then they have skills and patience beyond belief. I guess, like another poster commented, I am just worried about the amount of time it takes to produce this stuff. While it is an amazing job, I just wonder if there could be a little less "flash" and a little more content.

I mean, unless there is a team helping, it just seems a bit over produced. Don't get me wrong; it's really well done... I just wonder.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Played it, Liked it and see all the improvements. This indeed feels like a whole new game with the story being the same albeit some smaller changed and new things added to fit the new narrative.

Played around with the choices overall a solid 40 - 45 min in total and that is if you play the cutscenes or any animations to their fullest without skipping it on both runs. I have 2 so far. Will see when there is more to be added.

I see his improvements and for those who never had played the first iteration before, you will enjoy this.
For those like me who were there from the beginning. Like I said the only thing I was prepped to be disappointed about was the amount of content we were to get for having to wait 2 years. ( yes I know he is making 2 games but this one was first and I have zero interest in summer's gone. )

Now would be the next step as I heard he had some upgrades done and etc so now I am wondering if he is going to do another round of WiAB or if he is going straight back to SG. This is what I would like to know.
As i understand follow Ocean's log in patreon and his comments here, he development both games at same time. And i remember he said some time ago that as soon the update of one of the games is ready, it will be released. So, since he is development SG chapter 4 for quite some time already, while he is still will start WiAB chapter 2 after the release of chapter 1 final, the logic says SG will be the next update because next update of SG is more advanced in development.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Played it, Liked it and see all the improvements. This indeed feels like a whole new game with the story being the same albeit some smaller changed and new things added to fit the new narrative.

Played around with the choices overall a solid 40 - 45 min in total and that is if you play the cutscenes or any animations to their fullest without skipping it on both runs. I have 2 so far. Will see when there is more to be added.

I see his improvements and for those who never had played the first iteration before, you will enjoy this.
For those like me who were there from the beginning. Like I said the only thing I was prepped to be disappointed about was the amount of content we were to get for having to wait 2 years. ( yes I know he is making 2 games but this one was first and I have zero interest in summer's gone. )

Now would be the next step as I heard he had some upgrades done and etc so now I am wondering if he is going to do another round of WiAB or if he is going straight back to SG. This is what I would like to know.
As i understand follow Ocean's log in patreon and his comments here, he development both games at same time. And i remember he said some time ago that as soon the update of one of the games is ready, it will be released. So, since he is development SG chapter 4 for quite some time already, while he is still will start WiAB chapter 2 after the release of chapter 1 final, the logic says SG will be the next update because next update of SG is more advanced in development.
Someone posted one of Ocean's messages in this thread, but of course I can't find it now. Thought it mentioned he's going to rest for a bit while recovering from shingles and then he would be working on WiAB again. I'm hoping that's the case, anyway.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I have been here since day one of Ocean and I can tell you he is currently developing them at the "same" time however if you per chance was referring to having started both of em at the same time that is very very incorrect. SG's existence came to be around after he released 0.4 of the previous iteration of WiAB. And SG was in the hands of someone else and he was helping that person out until that person decided to abandon and Ocean decided to upon himself take that project with him. Which btw was told back than doing so would not be doable and would hit both games in terms of the releases, something he was adament about would not happen.... only for it to happen. But anyways that is not what we are here to discus about. I am not on his patreon or part of it take a look, I used to be a patreon until the point it started to make no sense to me to keep being one as the delays were constant and only proved me correct when I saw SG received 2 updates in a row and etc. So no I am not a patreon and as such I cannot look in to his messages. Also it was just recently that he started to update the WiAB patreon again as most of his updates were being done on the SG patreon. Both of which I don't frequent nor care about. And the logic or idea behind why SG should get the next update makes no sense either but it would be of importance for me to know which it is as this would decide if I should bother or care to be a patreon again as I am not in the mood to pay and wait again for 2 years for another update. His current update history so far has been SG/ SG/ WiAB 0.6/ SG/SG/ WiAB 0.1 Rework.

The 0.6 we received wasn't even the full one and as has been confirmed even that is getting reworked and redone so that technically we can scrap it as an update all together. I would rather he actually give what he himself has called his "baby" some actual love and give us more focus before going back to SG.
But that is my personal wish and opinion.

Someone posted one of Ocean's messages in this thread, but of course I can't find it now. Thought it mentioned he's going to rest for a bit while recovering from shingles and then he would be working on WiAB again. I'm hoping that's the case, anyway.
Hoping the same but it would indeed make me feel better if I can get a link to that post and that is confirmed written by ocean himself and not some hearsay. So if you do manage to get that link whenever you have time that would be much appreciated.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I have been here since day one of Ocean and I can tell you he is currently developing them at the "same" time however if you per chance was referring to having started both of em at the same time that is very very incorrect. SG's existence came to be around after he released 0.4 of the previous iteration of WiAB. And SG was in the hands of someone else and he was helping that person out until that person decided to abandon and Ocean decided to upon himself take that project with him. Which btw was told back than doing so would not be doable and would hit both games in terms of the releases, something he was adament about would not happen.... only for it to happen. But anyways that is not what we are here to discus about. I am not on his patreon or part of it take a look, I used to be a patreon until the point it started to make no sense to me to keep being one as the delays were constant and only proved me correct when I saw SG received 2 updates in a row and etc. So no I am not a patreon and as such I cannot look in to his messages. Also it was just recently that he started to update the WiAB patreon again as most of his updates were being done on the SG patreon. Both of which I don't frequent nor care about. And the logic or idea behind why SG should get the next update makes no sense either but it would be of importance for me to know which it is as this would decide if I should bother or care to be a patreon again as I am not in the mood to pay and wait again for 2 years for another update. His current update history so far has been SG/ SG/ WiAB 0.6/ SG/SG/ WiAB 0.1 Rework.

The 0.6 we received wasn't even the full one and as has been confirmed even that is getting reworked and redone so that technically we can scrap it as an update all together. I would rather he actually give what he himself has called his "baby" some actual love and give us more focus before going back to SG.
But that is my personal wish and opinion.

Hoping the same but it would indeed make me feel better if I can get a link to that post and that is confirmed written by ocean himself and not some hearsay. So if you do manage to get that link whenever you have time that would be much appreciated.
Found it: https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-1-reworked-beta-oceanlab.19856/post-6987990

Buster65

Aug 9, 2017
Incest offspring is most likely retarded.... you know that, right? But to make it easy to understand for you... guys: i am not a fan of incest, because it is cringe imho. The only exeption are Twinsisters. So when i see Twinsister.... of a MALE character i am obviously dissappointed. And with this statement i'm out of here.
That is a total NONSENSE, you know that, right? But to make it easy to understand for you... Every HUMAN BEING has in his DNA a remote chance (1:100000 approximately) to born with some "anomaly"... Down Syndrome, Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, Hepatic deficiency, etc. If you conceive with someone with the same DNA, the only thing that happens is that those chances increase a little... and nothing more.

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
The rework oozes Substance and Style. What you mean is you want Quantity over Quality.

No, it oozes a year of development spent on a remake of 30 minutes of old content, and years of re-development of the same old content in a flashier package. Quality has nothing to do with it.

Honestly, if he had just started the next chapter with the remake renders, I wouldn't be against it. But waste a year more just to get to the point where we stopped? What is even the point. Ocean himself said that the story will remain the same. There will be nothing new in the major points, only fillers and graphics.

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
I never played the original so cant comment on that, but hands down this in the top 5 renders / animations out there. Its Beautiful !

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I'm not referring abou when he started WiAB and SG. I'm referring about the status of SG chapter 4 update and WiAB chapter 2 update specifically. He will take a rest to recover now and than he will come back to work and release chapter 1 final version. After that, he will start work in WiAB chapter 2 update and come back to work in SG chapter 4 update. In the WiAB release post, he says that he already made 600 renders of SG chapter 4. So, if one update already have 600 renders done and another will start development yet and he works in the two updates at same time (means he make renders for both games in work days), what is more probaly be ready first, by logic? I think is SG chapter 4 that already have 600 renders made.

Silver2301

Feb 2, 2019
The only criticism I feel I can lodge at the rework is the fact that Miru doesn't look Asian anymore.
I mean, I LOVE her look and personality but besides name, it completely caught me off guard when someone mentioned the MC and his Asian GF.
I was like, "who the fuck is asian here? OH MIRU.... well fuck." o.o;;
So true her asian traits were hella sexy for me but now she just feels like any other American bimbo model.
I mean the new model is fine but there was no need to fix something that is not broken in the first place.

Reactions: imaginatus
Sep 3, 2020
I'm not referring abou when he started WiAB and SG. I'm referring about the status of SG chapter 4 update and WiAB chapter 2 update specifically. He will take a rest to recover now and than he will come back to work and release chapter 1 final version. After that, he will start work in WiAB chapter 2 update and come back to work in SG chapter 4 update. In the WiAB release post, he says that he already made 600 renders of SG chapter 4. So, if one update already have 600 renders done and another will start development yet and he works in the two updates at same time (means he make renders for both games in work days), what is more probaly be ready first, by logic? I think is SG chapter 4 that already have 600 renders made.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Darth Sidious

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
So true her asian traits were hella sexy for me and now she just feels like any other American bimbo model.
I mean the new model is fine but there was no need to fix something that is not broken in the first place.
I agree that she doesn't look very Asian. Maybe a half-breed. Especially with that eye color. I wouldn't go as far as saying she looks like a bimbo, though.

Reactions: Orlox
Sep 3, 2020
I agree that she doesn't look very Asian. Maybe a half-breed. Especially with that eye color. I wouldn't go as far as saying she looks like a bimbo, though.
in my opinion the old Miru was ugly as fuck

but the new one is absolutely gorgeous

and her eyes not being realistic

I choose to see it as an artistic Choice think of it like anime

every character Oceanlabhas ever created has bright beautiful colorful eyes
that is. Oceans trademark Style

please don't tell me you mean just because she's Asian she's only allowed to have one type of eyes

everybody gets to have beautiful brightly colored expressive eyes except the Asian girl

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Rugerrell6

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
in my opinion the old Miru was ugly as fuck

but the new one is absolutely gorgeous

and her eyes not being realistic

I choose to see it as an artistic Choice think of it like anime

every character Oceanlabhas ever created has bright beautiful colorful eyes
that is. Oceans trademark Style

please don't tell me you mean just because she's Asian she's only allowed to have one type of eyes

everybody gets to have beautiful brightly colored expressive eyes except the Asian girl

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm not complaining. I think she's gorgeous. I've never seen an Asian with bluish eyes though. I don't know how that dominant gene shit, works though.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes