4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I’d probably say closer to September-October 2022. The Dev seems to wrestle with himself when it comes to this game, and god help us if anything happens during development of Summer’s Gone that requires more attention.
You might consider lightening up.
If you've read the thread, according to Ocean, putting out this rework and the stress related impact on his life has caused him to look at his game development differently. Paraphrasing his comments, rather than his endless drive to approach perfection, he's recognized the benefits of "good enough". Now I suspect his definition of good enough will still be of impressive quality, but it does offer the potential for more frequent updates.

Given his recent history, with shingles and stress, I have no doubt that he is entirely serious about altering his approach. What I wonder is if, 3 months from now with shingles in the rearview mirror, he can maintain that view. We'll all have to wait and see.

While I'm sure there are a few exceptions, I think the vast majority of us want Ocean to release updates to both of his games much more frequently. In the meantime, how about we give the man a break? We have nothing to lose. Absolutely nothing.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
I dunno about anyone else, but I prefer having accompanying text in sex scenes. I really hope he doesn't do all the animations like he did in the first sex scene. It looked kind of janky and I don't really like not being able rollback or move the sex scene along at the pace I want.
Taken into consideration.

I'll find a balance between animations and text.
It's just that this was my first serious attempt at animating lewd scenes and I had to try things out.

So yeah, I still have to find my style when it comes to lewd scenes, etc.

And in the rework, Leia has her own place.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC better fill her place with roses and candles and all sorts of wedding dresses.
Taken into consideration.

I'll find a balance between animations and text.
It's just that this was my first serious attempt at animating lewd scenes and I had to try things out.

So yeah, I still have to find my style when it comes to lewd scenes, etc.

And in the rework, Leia has her own place.
She the bombshell in this game. The forbidden love everyone else hushes about but respects.

Game oN!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
She deserves a perfect wedding somewhere secluded in the wilderness ...
She be the white queen MC tames and makes her his one and only,
under the smoldering murder eyes gaze of all the babes he was camping with.
Oceanlab , dear, make it happen!
Now .. that is a powerful statement:
MC: I have come into my own! My love and life are my own. I choose her as my only 4 eva!
Sometimes I really wonder whether you are a real person or just an AI using word scramblers.
After the matrix series and all the fun a merovingian hot head is having in all A.I. banging relatonships,
the perspective you are casting is sweet and throbbingly delicious.

Last edited:
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: jhustrue

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
You might consider lightening up.
If you've read the thread, according to Ocean, putting out this rework and the stress related impact on his life has caused him to look at his game development differently. Paraphrasing his comments, rather than his endless drive to approach perfection, he's recognized the benefits of "good enough". Now I suspect his definition of good enough will still be of impressive quality, but it does offer the potential for more frequent updates.

Given his recent history, with shingles and stress, I have no doubt that he is entirely serious about altering his approach. What I wonder is if, 3 months from now with shingles in the rearview mirror, he can maintain that view. We'll all have to wait and see.

While I'm sure there are a few exceptions, I think the vast majority of us want Ocean to release updates to both of his games much more frequently. In the meantime, how about we give the man a break? We have nothing to lose. Absolutely nothing.
I’m not even being critical, I’m being absolutely realistic in what the potential time frame is for the next release given what I’ve seen from Ocean in the development of this game. Even before the big rework, going back even before the revamped visual style there were long gaps between updates. It is what it is.

Would I like more frequent updates? Sure. But I’ve heard this all before. Managing time better, updating the rigs to better optimise how much work is produced, getting a better balance and flow of work and mental health etc. I have no reason to believe that this time is going to be any different. And there are outside factors to consider like whatever happens with Summer’s Gone you have to expect.

You asked when people think the next update will drop? Me saying that it’s probably going to be closer to 12 months than 6 between updates is a genuine assessment. I think being honest and acknowledging that is better off than setting unrealistic expectations and then being disappointed down the line when things have hit a snag.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
What makes the reworked beta different from the past versions?
99 % new content and plots...the old chapters wasn't complete , i mean the hook of the old contents didn't go deep enough to catch the intended effect , not at least for the dev and it certainly didn't do it for me and it's different for others and i'm not touching that.

Yeah ..yeah ....reworked chapter 1 ended at the same place as it was in the old chapter 1 but that doesn't mean the rest of the being reworked new chapters will end just like the old ones only with high quality and animations.

They are gonna be totally different , you will see some of the plots of the old chapters 3 to 5 in the new chapter 2 , that means the old counting of the chapters from 1 to 5 doesn't count anymore.

It is a new start and reborn for 'Where It All Began'.

Reactions: mommysboiii

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
I don't know you all, but for me the old game had a good plot development and i really liked getting close to the "bratty sis" character (forgive me if i don't remember her name). I'm a little upset everything has been thrown away, the dev Oceanlab should have made another game with another title and abandon this one.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes