4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
i think this game's updates are shorter compared to the other one, at least that's how it felt to me with the 1st chapter
Dude needs to focus on one game and finish it. He clearly doesn't have the time or team to work on two at once in a constructive enough of a manner. It'd be nice if he chose to specifically work on this one and get it close to finished before going back to the other. I honestly think it still has the better characters and narrative structure. He's pouring far too much time into remaking things and into two different games that are effectively dragging out his development time for both to a point he isn't accomplishing anything. Focusing on one, this dev stands to become just as successful as a few others and he could build up a bigger team the more money he makes down the road to start working on more than one project at a time.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Dude needs to focus on one game and finish it. He clearly doesn't have the time or team to work on two at once in a constructive enough of a manner. It'd be nice if he chose to specifically work on this one and get it close to finished before going back to the other. I honestly think it still has the better characters and narrative structure. He's pouring far too much time into remaking things and into two different games that are effectively dragging out his development time for both to a point he isn't accomplishing anything. Focusing on one, this dev stands to become just as successful as a few others and he could build up a bigger team the more money he makes down the road to start working on more than one project at a time.
I agree. I'm interested in this game but far more interested in SG, would love to see that one get focused 100% until finished then flip to to this one and then another one after this one. I think Ocean would likely build up more patrons at a quicker pace if focused on one game as releases would come quicker and word of mouth would travel quickly - I frequently see folks in other threads noting the long time between updates - people in general seem to love the render quality but get frustrated with the slow releases. I know I'd bump up my patronage significantly if focus shifted to the one game and updates came a lot faster.

Ultimately, though, it's his call, not mine. I'm just thankful he is producing good content overall.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I'm just thankful he is producing good content overall.
When there is next to no content, that is not good content. That's poor time management. When a thing is constantly remade ever before being finished, that is not good content. Just because the rendering is awesome does not make it good.

people in general seem to love the render quality but get frustrated with the slow releases.
People are monkeys. That's a fact of life. If something is shiny enough, it'll attract their attention. Until they realize that's all it is. A shiny object without function or purpose. This game was actually going quite well and it was already a remake of his first attempt. He should have focused on completing it. Now, it'll be years before it gets remotely close to where it was and because he's obviously incapable of properly managing his own time on projects. Many of the devs that are like that require a director of sorts that keeps them focused on set, tangible goals to meet. Too many of them believe they can be laissez faire about the development process and they'll be successful. That mindset only ever achieves the exact opposite. We're watching that behavior play out across multiple devs lately and it's honestly starting to get a little bit annoying that i dropped all my support across multiple different sites until i start seeing them being consistent again. 6 month long or year long waits for updates in several cases (this includes some of the better devs too) is getting beyond the realm of believable and some are crossing into being absurd to think they should be paid (monthly) for something that barely lasts 10 minutes in terms of play (worse in some cases).

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
People are monkeys. That's a fact of life. If something is shiny enough, it'll attract their attention. Until they realize that's all it is. A shiny object without function or purpose. This game was actually going quite well and it was already a remake of his first attempt. He should have focused on completing it. Now, it'll be years before it gets remotely close to where it was and because he's obviously incapable of properly managing his own time on projects. Many of the devs that are like that require a director of sorts that keeps them focused on set, tangible goals to meet. Too many of them believe they can be laissez faire about the development process and they'll be successful. That mindset only ever achieves the exact opposite. We're watching that behavior play out across multiple devs lately and it's honestly starting to get a little bit annoying that i dropped all my support across multiple different sites until i start seeing them being consistent again. 6 month long or year long waits for updates in several cases (this includes some of the better devs too) is getting beyond the realm of believable and some are crossing into being absurd to think they should be paid (monthly) for something that barely lasts 10 minutes in terms of play (worse in some cases).
I can understand your frustration with this game - I never played the original, so if you liked it and it was already a handful of chapters deep and then they all got scrapped, I can see why you'd be irritated. I'd probably feel similarly if SG was all of a sudden scrapped completely and it's a game I like so far.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I can understand your frustration with this game - I never played the original, so if you liked it and it was already a handful of chapters deep and then they all got scrapped, I can see why you'd be irritated. I'd probably feel similarly if SG was all of a sudden scrapped completely and it's a game I like so far.
I recently tried SG because people won't stop sucking its dick in this thread...I'd be SOOOO pissed if I was a huge fan and it got restarted since there's no real sexual content yet.

The original WiaB was good. It was sexy. But I'm loving the new direction of it. Just hoping to see the progress move forward. The last status update was promising. I have a feeling Ocean will switch back to SG after that, though.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
This is a general response to all the complaints about what the dev "SHOULD" do:
While I share the various frustrations presented here, we all need to recognize that we're watching/playing a product that is in process. Ocean's goal is the best (by his definition) that he can create. He's freely acknowledged how much he's learned since the original first release of the first chapter of this VN.

No one, whether us pirates or those who are patrons, has any say in how Ocean evolves either this VN or SG. Patrons can pull support if they aren't happy, but that's pretty much it. If your frustration is so great, stop following this VN until it's either completed or abandoned. Otherwise, recognize that we're all just along for the ride, and the driver has no obligation to tell us the route nor how long the ride will be.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
When there is next to no content, that is not good content. That's poor time management. When a thing is constantly remade ever before being finished, that is not good content. Just because the rendering is awesome does not make it good.

No I agree 1000% I was supporting a few projects until I saw that the more money and support the dev's got the less work they would do and frankly its annoying to the point I stopped supporting them and Ill just wait to get them on here for free now. Its pretty sad. Even the dev's I would consider not that great are doing the same thing. I like the updated version of this game but it doesnt matter if im 40 by the time its finished. I build houses for a living and with only 3 people we finish a house in like 2 weeks. So why does it take years for these people to finish games when they are just sitting at their computers working out their fingers. I find it a little hard to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: supermanz95

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
No I agree 1000% I was supporting a few projects until I saw that the more money and support the dev's got the less work they would do and frankly its annoying to the point I stopped supporting them and Ill just wait to get them on here for free now. Its pretty sad. Even the dev's I would consider not that great are doing the same thing. I like the updated version of this game but it doesnt matter if im 40 by the time its finished. I build houses for a living and with only 3 people we finish a house in like 2 weeks. So why does it take years for these people to finish games when they are just sitting at their computers working out their fingers. I find it a little hard to believe.
i make 200 paper houses with only 1 person in 1 hour why you cant build 200 houses in 1 hour you see the difference?

• Haha
Reactions: Shubhojitpopo

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Because I love the game so much and was missing it, I decided to replay the old version (which I enjoy as much as the new). And I was shocked at what a disloyal ho Miru was! Seriously, she slept with everyone! I didn't see that before because I did not play with NTR engaged. But WOW!

As for the new Miru, she is gorgeous (but less Japanese in appearance), fun, and sexy! Most importantly, there is no question that she loves the MC and is loyal!

Just some simple thoughts about this amazing story!:love:

Last edited:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Because I love the game so much and was missing it, I decided to replay the old version (which I enjoy as much as the new). And I was shocked at what a disloyal ho Miru was! Seriously, she slept with everyone! I didn't see that before because I did not play with NTR engaged. But WOW!

As for the new Miru, she is gorgeous (but less Japanese in appearance), fun, and sexy! Most importantly, there is no question that she loves the MC and is loyal!

Just my thoughts about this amazing story!:love:
I played with ntr on but i didn't pimp her around nor i let her flirt too much. As a result she disappeared at a certain point with no further mention of her whereabouts. Unfortunately the old version mostly derailed at midrun, IMHO, even before the rushed finale. Dev wanted to put too much and he must have realized he couldn't deal with everything. As i mention before i hope the new version will have a more focused and less wacky plot.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Probably the only thing I don't really like about this game so far (never played the original) is how MC is already in a relationship with a pre-selected LI. I'd much rather be able to start single instead of having to manage a relationship right from the off that I don't even want my character to be in, lol.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Why, give her a moment of your time .. she will deff grow on you.
the new Miru, she is gorgeous (but less Japanese in appearance), fun, and sexy! Most importantly, there is no question that she loves the MC and is loyal!
She is intricate to the plot and is here to help you, and then ...

she disappeared at a certain point with no further mention of her whereabouts.
There are other babes introduced once you play further.
MC is in a relationship because he is someone and is doing good by someone.
That is a grown up right there.

Probably the only thing I don't really like about this game so far (never played the original) is how MC is already in a relationship with a pre-selected LI. I'd much rather be able to start single instead of having to manage a relationship right from the off that I don't even want my character to be in, lol.
Game oN!

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
i make 200 paper houses with only 1 person in 1 hour why you cant build 200 houses in 1 hour you see the difference?
No I dont because that example doesnt apply. When you've been developing games as long as some of these people have it should be easier to get the work done more quickly and efficiently otherwise they need to pick a new career cause if they arent mastering their craft they are wasting their time. Instead they choose to set up patreons and break the development into small updates to milk as much money as possible for minimal work. You know as well as I do how they get down. Its not that they cant do more its that they r not willing to.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
No I dont because that example doesnt apply. When you've been developing games as long as some of these people have it should be easier to get the work done more quickly and efficiently otherwise they need to pick a new career cause if they arent mastering their craft they are wasting their time. Instead they choose to set up patreons and break the development into small updates to milk as much money as possible for minimal work. You know as well as I do how they get down. Its not that they cant do more its that they r not willing to.
I did a single render of one character. No background, no lighting, no clothes, just one single character in a basic pose with a few mats applied. That render took about 3-4 minutes. I have an older card, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, but still...

Now look at how elaborate Ocean's scenes are. The level of detail and lighting, the backgrounds, etc. Think of how long each render might take, even with a top-notch GPU.

Now go build your houses without any power tools and see how it goes.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
I did a single render of one character. No background, no lighting, no clothes, just one single character in a basic pose with a few mats applied. That render took about 3-4 minutes. I have an older card, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, but still...

Now look at how elaborate Ocean's scenes are. The level of detail and lighting, the backgrounds, etc. Think of how long each render might take, even with a top-notch GPU.

Now go build your houses without any power tools and see how it goes.
Actually the first house I built was without power tools and with only 2 people it took 3 months... So once again its not that they cant get it done its that they wont because the way they are doing it makes them more money. And by the way I like this game alot and it is alot better then most but I will forget about it in a few months and focus on things that are actually being updated regularly.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes