4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Manuya

Dec 26, 2021
hi,
first of all thanks to the developer for this game & hope he achieve his Patreon goals as long as he satisfy his customers.
i stumbled upon this while searching this forum & after playing CH.1 i was impressed with the renders but when the intrigue starts to build the chapter end.
i don't think this "reworked" game will be completed until another 4 years or so IMHO, after completing the reworked chapter 1 i noticed there is an old version

my question here is for those wo played the old version, is the story passed to the point where it's somewhat coherent & compelling story (without spoiling) ? is it worth trying out old version & is there that big of contrast between the two versions in terms of quality & story? or should i just wait for the remaster to finish.
it would be good to hear your thoughts..

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
It really is a big jump from the original, when I saw the renders I was surprised in a very good way, sadly Katie didn't make the cut, you would think they would remove that awful hair from her but no, it's back in it's full awfulness, hopefully the VN move forward since it's been years that I played the original and that one didn't even end, good luck.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Been a couple of years since I played WIAB episode 6 and yesterday I discovered it's been reworked... what a pleasant surprise. The girls look really great, especially Helen, the changes were for the best (Leia acts more angry and hurt towards the MC as it should be, which was something the original game lacked IMO), Miru is far more likeable and the new girls, like the one Miru can't stand, look promising. It's gonna take a while for the remake to even reach the part where the OG stopped, but it's gonna be worth it. Gonna be waiting to see more about Dana's path and her talk to Zoey about the MC (if that's included in the new version).

Thank you Ocean and the best of luck with both of your games.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
hi,
first of all thanks to the developer for this game & hope he achieve his Patreon goals as long as he satisfy his customers.
i stumbled upon this while searching this forum & after playing CH.1 i was impressed with the renders but when the intrigue starts to build the chapter end.
i don't think this "reworked" game will be completed until another 4 years or so IMHO, after completing the reworked chapter 1 i noticed there is an old version

my question here is for those wo played the old version, is the story passed to the point where it's somewhat coherent & compelling story (without spoiling) ? is it worth trying out old version & is there that big of contrast between the two versions in terms of quality & story? or should i just wait for the remaster to finish.
it would be good to hear your thoughts..
It is a huge jump in terms of quality, only the latest (0.6) version comes even close to comparing to it. Not to mention that the story is a complete mess (Ocean's own words).

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
First Leap of Faith, now WIAB and Summers Gone, this really sucks, hopefully Being a DIK isnt next.
Playing this visual novels without their respective soundtracks will ruin the game experience.
Also Artemis, there is a whole scene that has to be deleted because it was created to synchronize with a specific song.

• Wow
Reactions: Nurikabe

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
huh but they paid for the songs or not? so why they get removed?
It doesn't matter if you have the license because it is in the contract to not use the Music in Adult stuff, not even the musican him/herself can help you to use the songs there. The Label has always the last thing to say. Thats why people/dev's should look more closely to all the contracts between the different Labels/Musicans. Music industry sucks when it comes to Adult Industry. :whistle:

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
It'd be better if he'd just find free songs to put in the game(s). Plenty of them available that have good, sometimes very good, quality.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I saw that post. But I will keep my stance. Just because it's free, doesn't mean it isn't good. And it doesn't have the baggage of licensed music either, that he is getting to experience now.

This is the same issue that has been talked a lot about in this thread over the past couple years. He chases the highest quality possible, even if he doesn't need to. And that, in the end, hurts the games.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Love the man and his perfectionism is a reason why the games are so good, but come on. If there really is a scene that is synched to a particular song and mood, can we not get a reminder to put on X song on our own? If not in the game then put a list under Dev notes on here. If the player really wants to experience that particular feel, they will find the song and still get the full emotional impact without any licensing. This is the last issue that should lengthen the already long development times.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
If the devoloper has rights to use the songs can they release them as a patch?
Unfortunately, even though the developers had a license to use the music, the terms of use were updated to exclude its use in adult-themed (i.e. lewd) games. In some cases, the change was retroactive. Even if previously approved, developers now have to remove the music from their games.:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: LostGhost

PenguinFuhrer

Aug 21, 2019
I seriously don't understand the use of pictures in VNs at all. It just annoys me and takes away "immersion"

You know you can turn the music off? While I can't remove the pictures!
Well aren't you funny ;)
And yes, you can. Most of the time. What's even worse is when the sound isn't even connected to the sliders and you have to mute the application instead.

Sure, there's probably VNs out there with "good" music that fits and all that, but most of the time it just feels like it's added for the sake of just having music. And probably doesn't help that most of the music that I've heard in games are either boosted as hell and blows out my eardrums or just a genre I don't like.

The "problem" is when development is being slowed down for the sake of music. Imo.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes