4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
I don't know how I feel about a chubby Dana. A few girls have been changed across both VN's and for the most part it didn't really bother me. It's different with Dana though because I saw her as one of the more immaculate characters in Wiab. Being fatter isn't just how a character looks, it's their mental state and self control. Old Dana wouldn't have gotten herself into a position where she loses control over her eating habits or lack of exercise. It just destroys the unique high powered character vibe she gave off.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
After comparing the previous Dana, I think it should be the same face. So after changing the eyebrows and eye makeup can turn out to be so much different.

I think the previous Dana was more distinctive and the new makeup makes her less distinctive :)

View attachment 2546212
View attachment 2546214
I agree with you on this! Dana´s face seems to be the same as old Dana, but the new makeup is a lot more "conventional". That is definitely a step backwards and part of the same overcalibration which gave us "Melon Leia", another hard miss!
The old WIAB chapter 6 Dana and Leia were really welldone and great, a little tweaking nothing more would have been perfect! I like Ocean´s dedication to his games, but some of the changes he made in the last months is perfectionism running rampant in both WIAB and SG.
While in the case of e.g. Miru, Kati, Nami, Ayua or Zoe the changes were for the better, him making good characters even better, in the case of e.g. Leia, Dana or Maja Ocean overlooked that he already had nailed them close to optimum in the older version.

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Final form until 1 chapter later the dev decides the entire game needs to be reworked from the start again as is tradition with adult games
Everyone who decides to do 2 reworks of any game kill it. If this happen with this one, it won't be different.
I don't think dev would be crazy to try it again.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
This game didn't need the rework, but it was worth it, imo. The graphic and writing quality skyrocketed to about the same level as BaDiK. Even Miru actually started to become somewhat likable. Who wouldn't want a girlfriend who does nerf gun battles with you? A 2nd rework is unnecessary at this point, and I'm sure Oceanlab knows it.

Reactions: Zane Truesdale

TSL_JOK4R.

Mar 31, 2020
i guess at this rate i'll have to wait at least a couple of years to see content with Helen :cry:

Where are time machines when you need them.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
i guess at this rate i'll have to wait at least a couple of years to see content with Helen :cry:

Most likely it is. Maybe a bit earlier but that doesn't change the point. Until the dev hires a pro team that match his skills or some kind of technological breakthrough happens, like a custom AI that'll learn Ocean's art style examples, take the scene descriptions and bake renders like breadrolls. But nothing like this is on the horizon yet.
So, you'll have to man up and honestly answer yourself the question: is this game worth the wait? I believe people in this thread already have the answer to this question.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
It's what I always wanted too Helen has a lot of fans around here in the old version I always hoped to have a scene with her soon but now with everything redone it will take even longer :)
Oceanlab needs a great team to help him In both games I know it's not easy but I really want my two favorite games to have faster updates

Reactions: TSL_JOK4R.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
How close we are to the update?
It's very difficult to trace how long an up date will take, since Ocean rarely shares any kind of information in numbers, the amount of expected/planned renders is not known, nor the amount of animations/cinematics.
The last known more or less firm is that at the beginning of February, in his dev log, he said that about 50% of the work was done.

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020

Yeah, I would love to hope for this game to be finished in 1-2 years, but at this rythim, don't wait for it to get finished in like, 5 years or more.

And those scenes we like can come on any update, so we may need to wait untill the end.

This remembers me of Legend of Queen Opala, game came out like, in 2014, and still haven't finished. It a least gets updated a lot more whan WIAB...

This game didn't need the rework, but it was worth it, imo. The graphic and writing quality skyrocketed to about the same level as BaDiK. Even Miru actually started to become somewhat likable. Who wouldn't want a girlfriend who does nerf gun battles with you? A 2nd rework is unnecessary at this point, and I'm sure Oceanlab knows it.
Yeah, it got a LOT better, just hope the dev can finish the game, cause I imagine sometime the support will drop with all the delay. The loyal costumer base of any product has a limit, and with all this waiting it tends to drop a lot.

TBH it feels like he bite off more than he can chew, without the rework we could be finish this game already and he could lanch WIAB 2 with the rework, I dunno.
I just saw TOO MANY projects being abandoned because of reworks, drastic drop of financial support due to 2 releases in an year, etc. I just like this game, even the NTR/sharing that the dev don't seen fond off is goo on this game, he really is a good dev, but I can't avoid to feel like I saw this movie already, and in the end the game gets abandoned.

I sure hope everything I said here don't happen and he finishes the game.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes