4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
yeah, yeah, promises, promises, he said same thing when he needed money for animation software to speed up animations, update takes just as long to release. Before that he said "when I get X amount of money I'll buy a new video card which will help me dish out an update every 6 months, I promise" and here we are, he got the money he wanted, but the promise was broken.

But please, continue with the ass kissing, don't let me stop you.

Also, his problem isn't better hardware, he could easily buy new pc, simple fix, it's his meandering, he at some point delayed update for a month or two cause he couldn't find the music he wanted. There's always something with him that compels him to delay the release, always.
For the past year or so pretty much all of your posts here consist of the same passive-aggressive BS.

I keep the supporters informed about potential investments, and also tell them that currently, I can't afford it but it's an option in the future. (As I test out new software and someday I'll add it to my skill-set.)

So both the Patreons and I can look forward to something that will improve an aspect of development. Be it speed or quality.

he said same thing when he needed money for animation software to speed up animations, update takes just as long to release.
I assume you're talking about MotionBuilder with the animation software, which does cost 2k annually.
All I did was inform the supporters about it and the costs. And also that I won't get it because of it, but that it will be kept in mind.

I never got the software due to its pricing and yet you act like I did?

"when I get X amount of money I'll buy a new video card which will help me dish out an update every 6 months, I promise"
Yeah, that doesn't sound totally made up and absolutely sounds like me... I mean you even used quotation marks.
Please show me where I said that.

he at some point delayed update for a month or two cause he couldn't find the music he wanted.
Again.
Please tell me where I said this/when it happened.

Also, his problem isn't better hardware, he could easily buy new pc, simple fix,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But please, continue with the ass kissing, don't let me stop you.
Yes, people defending a dev from utter bullshit is ass kissing...
There are two extremes on F95... And you lack the awareness to see where you have gone.

I will read your reply in which you'll deliver the proof for the upper two accusations, if you can't, you will be blocked.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020

Hello,

I apologize for the delay of this Dev Log.

I had been on a forced five-day family vacation.

Even though I was set on sitting it out, I came across a very interesting video about mental health, and it said you should treat burnout as if it's inevitable.

No worries, I have no signs of burnout, but I found the video very interesting and should take more precautions. (I already do lots of sport, but I also need time away from screens.)

From now on, I will force myself to take at least a 3-day vacation every 4-6 months.

But normal vacations kinda bore me... I'm not really capable of relaxing, as I could do something productive instead. (What have I become lol)

I need a challenge, so every 4-6 months I will just go and climb a bigger mountain every time.

And while I was sitting there on some random bibi mountain, I had a few very interesting insights about my productivity.

I'll try some experiments and documents the results... More on this in a future dev log.

Chapter 3.

I didn't let the PCs render while I was away... I don't trust it and would constantly be afraid that the PCs go up in flames.

But the rendering process has now continued and I've been working on WiAB today.

There are still some renders left, but I'll continue at a steady pace.

Previews

The only connection those two scenes have is that Sven is introduced there... So I thought let's show some comparisons of the old and new "Sven The Bibi" introduction

Old (Why's the camera so high? It's like the MC is 230cm tall.)

OldSven2.jpg OldSven1-1.jpg OldSven3.jpg

New

NewSven-1.png NewSven2 (1).png NewSven3 (1).png

Again, the scenes have nothing in common except for the place & the introduction of Sven.

And the cherry on top :

Katie.png

Katie with her hair up. (I just love it on her.)

I'll share my first bunch of results in the next Dev Log (Productivity Experiments).
And I'll see you in the next Dev-Log in 11 days.

- Ocean

Last edited:

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
For the past year or so pretty much all of your posts here consist of the same passive-aggressive BS.

I keep the supporters informed about potential investments, and also tell them that currently, I can't afford it but it's an option in the future. (As I test out new software and someday I'll add it to my skill-set.)

So both the Patreons and I can look forward to something that will improve an aspect of development. Be it speed or quality.

I assume you're talking about MotionBuilder with the animation software, which does cost 2k annually.
All I did was inform the supporters about it and the costs. And also that I won't get it because of it, but that it will be kept in mind.

Yeah, that doesn't sound totally made up and absolutely sounds like me... I mean you even used quotation marks.

Again.

There are two extremes on F95... And you lack the awareness to see where you have gone.

I will read your reply in which you'll deliver the proof for the upper two accusations, if you can't, you will be blocked.
I love the fact you claim those broken promises didn't happen, heck, you even said the update to this game will arrive faster the previous one, but I'm sure I'm imagining it.

Or the fact that SG updates will arrive every 6 months after you split chapter in 2 halves, I'm sure I'm lying about that also, I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm such a liar.

It doesn't really matter, you'll report this comment anyway, same as you did the other. Apparently it was offensive, why? cause it got likes? Fuck it, who gives a fuck?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

Again.

You are doing well on this game. Like everybody else, I do wish that the updates were more frequent but I also wish I could crap in a solid gold toilet. One day perhaps all of our dreams will come to pass. Anyway, I think that you are wasting your time engaging with this particular individual given their post history.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I really enjoy SG and like everyone here would like the development speed to increase. Really hope Season 1 sells well on Steam to give Ocean a nice cash-injection so he can hopefully pick up that 4xGPU rig he's looking at. From my understanding of the dev logs, the biggest bottleneck right now is his rendering rig only rendering something like ~8-15 renders per night while having many more queued up.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I love the fact you claim those broken promises didn't happen, heck, you even said the update to this game will arrive faster the previous one, but I'm sure I'm imagining it.

Or the fact that SG updates will arrive every 6 months after you split chapter in 2 halves, I'm sure I'm lying about that also, I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm such a liar.

It doesn't really matter, you'll report this comment anyway, same as you did the other. Apparently it was offensive, why? cause it got likes? Fuck it, who gives a fuck?
I get where you're coming from I do, but you need to understand that sometimes we make promises we intent to keep but for reasons can't. It's nobody's fault really we've all been there before. I'm sure you too made promises you couldn't keep. That aside tho, the Dev isn't forcing you or anyone to give him their money for his game unlike a certain Dev I recently came across who actually threatened people to pay for a game that hasn't even gone past the prologue stage and it's been years. So really what's there to complain bruh? you can just get the game for free here or move on if you can't wait for 6-7 months or however long it takes for an update to come out. We all would love monthly updates but it's not possible and we respect that cause at the end of the day it's not like we're waiting for a game with mediocre quality renders and shitty storytelling with below a 1000 renders. 1 ocean update is the size of at least 3 updates and the render quality is top tier. There's also so much attention to detail in the world around the characters i honestly can't complain if it took a year to be released. That and I have a personal life that keeps me busy enough to not haunt threads asking "update when? "Everyday.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
chill bro, all i did was defend some guy's post who was getting trolled by fanbois.

then dev reported me cause he got offended, that's what triggered me, not his constantly delayed updates and broken promises.

If people think they live as long as elves and want to support him then have at it!

i don't know what you're talking about, i had this thread on ignore up until a week or two ago.

muh bad for thinking 9 months and is too soon to check a thread for update.
Go ahead and put it back on ignore.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
chill bro, all i did was defend some guy's post who was getting trolled by fanbois.

then dev reported me cause he got offended, that's what triggered me, not his constantly delayed updates and broken promises.

If people think they live as long as elves and want to support him then have at it!

i don't know what you're talking about, i had this thread on ignore up until a week or two ago.

muh bad for thinking 9 months and is too soon to check a thread for update.
What do u mean chill when you were the one who was going off :WaitWhat:
I was literally just explaining to you why it's not that big of a deal if updates take long and if it is to u at least you don't have to pay for it. Why are u offended?

Oh and what I said towards the end of my post about people haunting threads was not shade at u dude i was speaking in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75

rj677

May 30, 2020

Look, its not what youre saying... Its how youre saying it :WeSmart::WeSmart:. Oh... You got likes defending/being passionate about a game on its own thread? No shit :cautious:.

I think everyone here, real fans of WIAB in particular, has reasons to be upset/disappointed/sad about the sorry state of this game right now... Being this the game with the much higher ceiling out of his 2 games in terms of story (in my opinion).

From all the several things you could have said about the game and Ocean that we all feel and to a certain extent think its true when it comes to this game, you go for things he said which is in a way perfect because theres proof.

They you get something that almost NO ONE gets: You got a reply from Ocean himself! You have him dead to rights! All you have to do is reply to him the proof of where and when he said those things. But now it doesnt really matter to you....... Makes me believe that you might have been throwing shit at the wall to see if it stuck. DISAPPOINTING :(:(.

You are right about one thing though: No one gives a fuck about what you said now that you couldnt show your proof, so BYE BYE.

I really enjoy SG and like everyone here would like the development speed to increase. Really hope Season 1 sells well on Steam to give Ocean a nice cash-injection so he can hopefully pick up that 4xGPU rig he's looking at. From my understanding of the dev logs, the biggest bottleneck right now is his rendering rig only rendering something like ~8-15 renders per night while having many more queued up.
Dont do that man :cautious::rolleyes:... I will choose to believe that you made a mistake in the thread you wanted to post that.

After SG overtook WIAB as the main game and after WIAB is essentially being treated as the B game (purely saying that due to the waiting time difference compared to SG), DONT TELL ME that SG is gonna take over the WIAB thread now too??? :HideThePain: :(

I think that someone saying "I really enjoy SG" isnt the "right" thing to say here...(Not to mention off topic, but we know how that could be :HideThePain:)

Reactions: Azeroth67000
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes