4.30 star(s) 185 Votes
Mar 29, 2023
Couple of questions:

What kind of incest does this game have?
What is the pregnancy content?
I see that you can turn it off but just curios what kind of NTR content does this game have?
Is this game connected to Summer's Gone and if yes do I need to play that game first?

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Couple of questions:

What kind of incest does this game have?
Well, official none because patreon ToS...
With the patch, we have to see hoe the game goes, possible is mom/son, brother/sister, ...
... from what the cast offers, all possibilities should be open...

What is the pregnancy content?
In the reworked version is actually no pregnancy content, the tag refers to the old version of WIAB - the version we are no longer talking about and should not be mentioned anymore :BootyTime:

I see that you can turn it off but just curios what kind of NTR content does this game have?
Actually just a little bit of tame boob foundling, but according to some dialogs some wierd/disgusting stuff is possible in the future.

Is this game connected to Summer's Gone and if yes do I need to play that game first?
1703667124659.png

From the timeline WIAB plays before SG. But SG is more popular, WIAB has the NTR tag and this is cash poison...

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah the plot is very... unusual. Its like a goofy sitcom sometimes with how ridiculous things are. But I don't mind tbh. I find it fun which is the most important part.
Yeah, but I am not so sure its what he is going for. To me he is trying to make this the more serious of his games.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Tbh, I don't get that vibe from SG even though they are cringy teens but I do agree almost all of the WIAB cast acts like cringy teens. :unsure::cautious::confused:
Honestly, I was mostly talking about SG when making my last comment because I haven't played this for a while
So, I have forgotten most of it

But my goodness I hate the mc in SG.
He was what made me stop playing.
Well that & I didn't like the writing.

I'm still keeping this on my radar at the moment though for the possible sharing in the future.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Honestly, I was mostly talking about SG when making my last comment because I haven't played this for a while
So, I have forgotten most of it

But my goodness I hate the mc in SG.
He was what made me stop playing.
Well that & I didn't like the writing.

I'm still keeping this on my radar at the moment though for the possible sharing in the future.
Both MCs have this pseudo philosopher/Psychologist 5D chess master planner, where they explain their carefully crafted plans in manipulating people in the most ridiculously convoluted ways. But I don't know if it reminds me of CW shows, or more about shitty anime tropes where everyone is so cool.

@
whoever used Miru potential backstory as ex Yakuza as a reason for why she is ok with the drug lab, I think you don't realize but you are weakening your point, its because she has a past like that she should know how fucking dangerous and stupid is screwing with rival gangs and corrupt politicians. Instead its played like a good ol' joke where Miru is so amused by the situation and gives them advice to the drug lab people about growing weed :HideThePain:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Both MCs have this pseudo philosopher/Psychologist 5D chess master planner, where they explain their carefully crafted plans in manipulating people in the most ridiculously convoluted ways. But I don't know if it reminds me of CW shows, or more about shitty anime tropes where everyone is cool.

@
whoever used Miru potential backstory as ex Yakuza as a reason for why she is ok with the drug lab, I think you don't realize but you are weakening your point, its because she has a past like that she should know how fucking dangerous and stupid is screwing with rival gangs and corrupt politicians. Instead its played like a good ol' joke where Miru is so amused by the situation and gives them advice to the drug lab people about growing weed :HideThePain:
You make good points.

When I do play this again, I think I'll just focus on seeing penises going into vaginas.
And try not to focus on the story or whatever because otherwise I'll just get annoyed again.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I'll wait for the complete chapter to come out, if I'm not mistaken, more scenes will be added in the complete chapter.
It's been over a year and he's still not back to where he was pre rework.
This game sure has potential, but it's not being realized fast enough.

Mar 29, 2023
Well, official none because patreon ToS...
With the patch, we have to see hoe the game goes, possible is mom/son, brother/sister, ...
... from what the cast offers, all possibilities should be open...

In the reworked version is actually no pregnancy content, the tag refers to the old version of WIAB - the version we are no longer talking about and should not be mentioned anymore :BootyTime:

Actually just a little bit of tame boob foundling, but according to some dialogs some wierd/disgusting stuff is possible in the future.

View attachment 3208296

From the timeline WIAB plays before SG. But SG is more popular, WIAB has the NTR tag and this is cash poison...
Cool thanks for answering my questions. That sucks about the removal of pregnacy content though.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I think I understand what the Ocean was trying to show and why it seems cringe to some people.

Sometimes, when I meet my old buddies whom I have known for a couple of decades, we can also sound cringe to others because we talk and joke about things that others simply do not understand. They do not share common memories and adventures with us, so a phrase that sounds like some kind of nonsense to strangers, for us means a hyperlink to an event in the past which we all participated and to the emotions that we felt at the same time. And we also have “our own” words, such as bibi, which sound strange to others, but are absolutely natural in our small group, since we used them as teenagers.

And by the way, Ocean seems to be perfectly aware that those “bibi” and “wormy” sounds weird, but he uses them deliberately. In SG, for example, when the MC calls Bella a bibi, she also looks at him with the WTF face and he has to explain to her what that means.

It's the same with WIAB: most of the characters have known the others for ages, only Miru seems to be new to their group. So they act towards each other as if they are still those teenagers who did all those pranks that they remember the whole chapter. I really like how this is portrayed in the game and I understand why the characters behave and talk this way.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Cool thanks for answering my questions. That sucks about the removal of pregnacy content though.
Well, it's not set in stone that all preggo content is removed from the game, it's still early in the game to get to this point - it would make no sense at moment in the game if William could be runn around and breed what he wants.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I think I understand what the Ocean was trying to show and why it seems cringe to some people.

Sometimes, when I meet my old buddies whom I have known for a couple of decades, we can also sound cringe to others because we talk and joke about things that others simply do not understand. They do not share common memories and adventures with us, so a phrase that sounds like some kind of nonsense to strangers, for us means a hyperlink to an event in the past which we all participated and to the emotions that we felt at the same time. And we also have “our own” words, such as bibi, which sound strange to others, but are absolutely natural in our small group, since we used them as teenagers.

And by the way, Ocean seems to be perfectly aware that those “bibi” and “wormy” sounds weird, but he uses them deliberately. In SG, for example, when the MC calls Bella a bibi, she also looks at him with the WTF face and he has to explain to her what that means.

It's the same with WIAB: most of the characters have known the others for ages, only Miru seems to be new to their group. So they act towards each other as if they are still those teenagers who did all those pranks that they remember the whole chapter. I really like how this is portrayed in the game and I understand why the characters behave and talk this way.
You might be right, but it's still cringe regardless of the reasons for someone outside looking in.
I guess it gets less cringe if you can relate and immerse yourself in it, if you have similar experiences.
I don't really dislike it though. I really love Miru as a character. There is a lot wrong with this game and how the dev works on two games at the same time. Always a recipe for disaster. Coupled with reworks and extremely slow updates.
It's understandable that all people have are complaints. Because if you are left with something that is pretty damn good but it's treated in this way by it's creator, all you see are the flaws. Some you can excuse but the longer it takes between updates when updates do happen they are small. The less you can forgive and the more likely you are to express what you dislike about it.

It is what it is, but I really hope the dev just picks one game and works on it, while shelving the other.
Less reworks, refine the cgs from the start instead is something this game needs. With how the cgs was this update, he needs to rework them again.
I wouldn't be satisfied with them if I was him.

Reactions: yossa999

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

You make good points bro
This is probably why I don't really like oceans games as much.
I prefer games with mc's who are basically blank slates that we can shape into the kind of person we like

I also don't like when games force LI on me.

• Haha

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
You make good points bro
I prefer games with mc's who are basically blank slates that we can shape into the kind of person we like

yeah I guess if you dislike Miru, this does become a problem, but you can treat her like shit and if it goes the same way as it did before rework she will leave if you do. No idea if she actually did leave permanently though since that's as far as the game got and reworks started and it's been a few years now so my memory isn't perfect.
I don't really like the idea of having to treat her like shit if I am not interested in her though. I like her so I have no problems with her, but i'd rather we got a choice at the start of the game if we were dating her or not. But I guess she's integral to the plot so that becomes hard.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Joshy92

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You make good points bro

Joshy, you forgot that since we have many game threads in common, I am watching you like a hawk!
And I know for sure that you like certain forced LI, just not in this game. :KEK:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Joshy, you forgot that since we have many game threads in common, I am watching you like a hawk!
And I know for sure that you like certain forced LI, just not in this game. :KEK:
Haha if you are talking about Kaija remember we can be rude to her and dump her.

• Haha

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

Being realistically possible doesn't mean it works and should be used in literary form. If it was just one, or two characters and a limited amount of events it would have been ok, annoying still but serviceable, but the audience is not in on the joke for the entire VN, scratch that, two VNs. There are like 20+ characters in their late twenties, or older all around the town that all use the same Gugu Gaga speech, with overused diminutives and the player just looks in disbelief reading multiple vague references of 'funny' events the player knows nothing about and has zero emotional connection to them. 'One time at band camp...' Who the fuck cares I wasn't there and the VISUAL Novel doesn't show it to me.

Before rework the plot/secrets were: Why did the MC leave? Why did he stay away? Why is Katie a bitch? What happened with Helen?
After rework every MC relationship with every single character is vaguely referenced, or barely implied without the player having experienced any of it. There is no hint of why they act the way they act and why should the player care. Ocean seriously needs to tone down introducing 'new' characters the MC sorta knows, or at least present some of them in flashbacks, or something, let me understand why the characters feel the way they feel about each other, because I feel nothing for any of them outside of being annoyed by their retarded speech patterns and randomly popping tits out of their blouse.

In fact, if they wouldn't be fun to look at and me liking some of them(mostly Katie) from before the rework, there would be absolutely nothing to create an emotional connection to any of these people so far. Its ep3, I should at least root for some of them by now.

Jan 7, 2022
This turned into a runaway asshole simulator. Sometimes I can speed click my way through a rough patch in the writing and start reading again when the scenery changes, but this bar scene...holy fuck. Who gets off on this? Or how is this advancing the story?

If I speed click without reading the dialog long enough, does this turn out to be the worst dream sequence in AVN history? I'm actually asking that with hope.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes