4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The code hints at the impact of the choice.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh yeah, but there's no reason for William to make that choice in game - looking at the code because there's no hint in the game as to her preferences seems an oversight. We should have some indication of why we make a choice there: that's why I suggested that the choice should have some emotive language - ie 'surprise her with reaper chilli sauce' would clearly be antagonistic. As it is I like yossa's take: we symbolise how we want our relationship to be with the choice.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
So, without looking at the script, I came to the conclusion on my own, that spicy burger equals war. Oh, yes, I'm so good!

And obviously modest too. :cool::D
Same, but the point is you are making the choice blindly, while William might actually know Katie's preference - the argument is this sort of decision makes William harder to identify with, because he keeps more of his knowledge hidden from the player, while Nika in SG doesn't as much - he's trying to uncover the secrets being kept from him.

Rieperr

Jul 15, 2021
Hi, I want to ask, for your help on where can I download the game since filesdp is empty (at least what on my end), and somehow mixdrop and pixeldrain isn't working for me (it's always saying the site cannot be reached), and mega's requirement size is too small and the file is large so i can't download the game. I hope there's like an alternative way for me to be able to download game? Please? :(

Reactions: y K4M1K4Z3 y

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Hi, I want to ask, for your help on where can I download the game since filesdp is empty (at least what on my end), and somehow mixdrop and pixeldrain isn't working for me (it's always saying the site cannot be reached), and mega's requirement size is too small and the file is large so i can't download the game. I hope there's like an alternative way for me to be able to download game? Please? :(

Includes mods and patch
I only know the Android version

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Where It All Began [Ch. 3 Full] [Oceanlab] - Compressed

Original Size: ~3.4GB
Compressed Size: ~400MB

Win/Lin:
PIXELDRAIN | |

Mac:
PIXELDRAIN | |

Try these links for the compressed version.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
I don't remember if I actually posted it or not, but after going through the original (pre-rework) version, I had one feedback.
But seeing it was being reworked I didn't (iirc) post it.

It was about how the NTR switch was described to be implemented vs how it actually was implemented.

The description was the same/similar as the current reworked version: i.e. even with the NTR on it was avoidable & dependent on player choices.
However it wasn't implemented as such, with the girlfriend fantasizing about others in the unavoidable (default) route if the switch was on.
As such I was going to recommend changing the description at the game's beginning to state that ntr was unavoidable unless it was switched off at the starting choice.

Seeing the reworked game, it seems the devs went in the opposite direction & actually fixed the implementation to match the description: i.e. now ntr content is only seen based on player choices.

This was the harder option, requiring a full overhaul of the game, but the better one imo.
So the rework improved one aspect of the game atleast.
Good job dev on fixing that particular inconsistency. (y)

(Personally I prefer this, getting or avoiding ntr based on how you shape the game is much more immersive than having a switch at the beginning change the characters behaviour)

Note: This isn't about ntr, but about implementation of a mechanic the was it is described at the start. So no drama pls.

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
Same, but the point is you are making the choice blindly, while William might actually know Katie's preference - the argument is this sort of decision makes William harder to identify with, because he keeps more of his knowledge hidden from the player, while Nika in SG doesn't as much - he's trying to uncover the secrets being kept from him.
You're wrong, Willie, just like Nika, doesn't know something very important about himself that doesn't allow him to understand what's happening around him. I believe that Helen will have to tell him something about him that will turn his world upside down. Or maybe from head to toe. But I can say that besides Helen, Katie, Monica, Abigail and... Daphne know the truth about the twins.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You're wrong, Willie, just like Nika, doesn't know something very important about himself that doesn't allow him to understand what's happening around him. I believe that Helen will have to tell him something about him that will turn his world upside down. Or maybe from head to toe. But I can say that besides Helen, Katie, Monica, Abigail and... Daphne know the truth about the twins.
Ah no, you've mistaken what I'm saying here - I'm not talking about the plot, simply that we make choices that are poorly worded, so we have to manually reload if it doesn't make sense. THe chicken burger is the clearest example, but there are others. These choices aren't about the plot, but you have to guess what they mean. What if Katie was testing to see if you had remembered she loves spicy food? We simply don't know what Willi knows of his history, but we're asked to make choices without knowing it - so we feel like we're making choices as an outside influence, whereas in SG, Nika's internal dialogue is far more nuanced, so we feel like we're making choices that suit the situations, we feel better empathy to his decisions.

This is a design thing, a style of writing thing, completely separate from the plot. Same sort of thing happens - I do my best to play as a conciliatroy prodigal, every choice I do the path of least antagonism, especially towards Monica. Then out of nowhere Willi is a rude prick. It defeats the choices I made - if he needs to be a rude prick for the plot, then the choice needs to reflect what person he is, otherwise I feel frustrated because I tried to be less of an asshole, but he keeps jumping back.

The choices are currently worded inconsistently to their role in the game.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ah no, you've mistaken what I'm saying here - I'm not talking about the plot, simply that we make choices that are poorly worded, so we have to manually reload if it doesn't make sense. THe chicken burger is the clearest example, but there are others. These choices aren't about the plot, but you have to guess what they mean. What if Katie was testing to see if you had remembered she loves spicy food? We simply don't know what Willi knows of his history, but we're asked to make choices without knowing it - so we feel like we're making choices as an outside influence, whereas in SG, Nika's internal dialogue is far more nuanced, so we feel like we're making choices that suit the situations, we feel better empathy to his decisions.

This is a design thing, a style of writing thing, completely separate from the plot. Same sort of thing happens - I do my best to play as a conciliatroy prodigal, every choice I do the path of least antagonism, especially towards Monica. Then out of nowhere Willi is a rude prick. It defeats the choices I made - if he needs to be a rude prick for the plot, then the choice needs to reflect what person he is, otherwise I feel frustrated because I tried to be less of an asshole, but he keeps jumping back.

But Bob...let's be real here for a moment.

As long as Katie ends up on her knees...does any of it really matter? :sneaky: :p:ROFLMAO:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

I 100% agree with this. I play the same way as you. Especially with Katie, who I absolutely adore. I tend to overlook these types things while playing, but they're always at the back of my mind.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Tell her you'll 'consider' it if she helps with Katies lack of experience and directs her :sneaky:
Life isn't fun without taking risks :devilish:
Yes. Miru is the right girl for that. Poor Willy needs another nympho... She should teach her martial arts too, so next time Willy bring her Coke light instead of regular Coke, she castrate him... :ROFLMAO:
z "I'd pay to see you bang with a dude!"
scene af491 with dssr
mi "Same!"
scene af499 with dssr
k "Even I'd chip in some money."
scene af506 with dssr
kat "I'll hold the camera!"

1.jpg

For a non harem game, there is a kinky 'non-harem' of voyeurs right there. I am NOT taking the risk of being in the same room with them and Emilio without maybe having an escape plan. Just sayin'.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
It's hard to consider SG offtopic when it's a continuation of the same world,
That's fair.
One of my frustrations with SG has more to do with pacing. And I'm not trying to be funny, but it's too fast for me. Nika hasn't really left the house or socialized for years, but then suddenly turns into a social butterfly. I wanted to see more of this depression explored. Making plans but not showing up, finding excuses to just stay home. And maybe, if your points with an LI are high enough, they'll get worried and come to find him.
Maybe I missed something, but it didn't seem like Nika paid a price for (what I see as) him overextending himself that way.

The gigachad appearance is off-putting; I can't identify with that. Yet the longer we play the less that has to do with his insecurities
I think you're right, and his appearance has more to do with not wanting to be a victim anymore. Though, from what I gather, he didn't mind getting into fights, and was a bit of a thug. Also, a body like that takes dedication and perseverance. It's not the body of someone who quits or runs from challenges, so I also wonder if the body is the consequence of his mental growth.

people assume he's a meat head, and underestimate him. He also plays with that at times; his intuition about Donna, and the way he worked out things are going on at home (Helen being okay with Leia's businesses for example) show he is reading between the lines. Some of his asshole nature is simply to deflect. Some at least. :sneaky:
At the diner it was made clear that William was an asshole, just not a racist one. :ROFLMAO:
The rest you're describing, I haven't played through yet, but I'm getting eager to see it. (Stopped playing right before they're leaving for the farm.) I just hope that William reading between the lines isn't a further abstraction for the player, but seeing how it's about current events, I suspect the player will know as much as William.

Most of WIlliam's personality is the coping mechanisms he developed in the process of running away and avoid resopnsibility, so we'll see how well he can humble himself, or subvert the situations. We can already see how he's struggling to deal with consequences when he calls Daphne; I think the game will go more into that territory, where the choices aren't clear cut.
I think you're partly right here. While William did run away, I don't think his parents and Leia are innocent in it either. One of the first things we learn about Helen is that she taught William not to be jealous and to separate sex from love. A weird lesson to teach a young teen. Constantly having to worry about setting off Helen's explosive personality is another factor that could've stressed his youth considerably. So, it's not all up to William, and I hope we'll be able to set boundaries. Mostly in the case of Helen, because up to now, William has been behaving very submissive towards her to appease her.

I kinda feel we'll get to see more of William's internal conflicts as the situations continue - he's just gotten back and the tensions will force a lot of internal responses. THe interesting thing will be what choices we have for confidants, and how that creates unequal power structures - because I think the power structures will play an important part, with William and Miru being the catalyst or wrecking ball.
I'd love this. Though for me, it's Miru all the way. I brought up poly once and dropped it when she wasn't interested. Though my main worry here was more meta. I suspect that Miru will go along with anything the player decides, which would diminish her character. So if she has an opinion, I'll respect it.

Lastly, the nature of what happened in the past is likely to remain opaque, as the official roles in the official release will always be the canon. Leaving it ambigious means it is more open to interpretation, even though that is frustrating, it is what it is.
I'm not sure that the catalyst for William running away was sexual in nature. And in some cases, the canon relationships don't make sense socially. For instance, William would've deflowered Monica at the birthday party of Katarina, who is a few years younger than him. Though I have no clue how old William actually is, I'm guessing he's in his late twenties. Katarina would be 20 22 (still in college). Without the family tie or some sort of social obligation, it makes no sense why he'd be there. What would a 15/16-year-old do at the birthday party of a 10/12-year-old? (Except fucking someone out of boredom, I guess.)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
That's fair.
One of my frustrations with SG has more to do with pacing. And I'm not trying to be funny, but it's too fast for me. Nika hasn't really left the house or socialized for years, but then suddenly turns into a social butterfly. I wanted to see more of this depression explored. Making plans but not showing up, finding excuses to just stay home. And maybe, if your points with an LI are high enough, they'll get worried and come to find him.
Maybe I missed something, but it didn't seem like Nika paid a price for (what I see as) him overextending himself that way.
I can understand that - I think there's a need for the consequences of the panic attacks to hit home - we saw a bit of that in Ch5. THe way that was done was fantastic. But it should as easily happen while at training, or at Nick's, or being alone with Nia (whom he already finds exhausting) etc. I hope that the techniques Ocean uses to describe such things make their way into WiaB - regardless of whether anyone has the same direct mental problems, close ups of dilated eyes in the eventual prison scenes, false colours for mood swings etc. Leaching the colours was particularly effective, so I hope Ocean thinks of similar ways to bring a sense of introspection like that, drawing the focus in at times.

I think you're right, and his appearance has more to do with not wanting to be a victim anymore. Though, from what I gather, he didn't mind getting into fights, and was a bit of a thug. Also, a body like that takes dedication and perseverance. It's not the body of someone who quits or runs from challenges, so I also wonder if the body is the consequence of his mental growth.
I'd say when he was in prison he found he couldn't run, so he grew up more quickly than he might - but he grew to survive, so the growth is forced in a certain direction, and stunted in others. I guess we really don't know until we learn more about how he met Daphne, Miru ...and Gefritzel. I find it strange that he has such a challenging pet to care for and is a writer considering he still has an asshole streak. It's like he's bipolar, sometimes he's in touch with the feelies, and other times he seems to have only enough emotion to put his best foot forward right into the shit.

At the diner it was made clear that William was an asshole, just not a racist one. :ROFLMAO:
The rest you're describing, I haven't played through yet, but I'm getting eager to see it. (Stopped playing right before they're leaving for the farm.) I just hope that William reading between the lines isn't a further abstraction for the player, but seeing how it's about current events, I suspect the player will know as much as William.
That's the thing, he was one, but he's offered choices to redeem himself - if you take those choices, he's still an asshole :unsure: Most of William reading between the lines seems to be explained through exposition with MIru: I think in some ways she's intended to be both his guiding compass at times and his sounding board to think aloud without being theatrical talking to himself (at least, a small part of her function currently).

I think you're partly right here. While William did run away, I don't think his parents and Leia are innocent in it either. One of the first things we learn about Helen is that she taught William not to be jealous and to separate sex from love. A weird lesson to teach a young teen. Constantly having to worry about setting off Helen's explosive personality is another factor that could've stressed his youth considerably. So, it's not all up to William, and I hope we'll be able to set boundaries. Mostly in the case of Helen, because up to now, William has been behaving very submissive towards her to appease her.
I'm not sure that the catalyst for William running away was sexual in nature. And in some cases, the canon relationships don't make sense socially. For instance, William would've deflowered Monica at the birthday party of Katarina, who is a few years younger than him. Though I have no clue how old William actually is, I'm guessing he's in his late twenties. Katarina would be 20 22 (still in college). Without the family tie or some sort of social obligation, it makes no sense why he'd be there. What would a 15/16-year-old do at the birthday party of a 10/12-year-old? (Except fucking someone out of boredom, I guess.)
Yeah, there's definitely some juicy details to uncover there. In the original pre rework, Willi hadn't done anything with Leia, if was simply the romance of the relationship. Katie (if you choose) got a (story) lewd scene before Leia did, and it blows her mind (as well as other things) that she got you to do something with her before Leia did. So I imagine the same is true - there's been no lewd actions between them yet.

The timeline is a bit skewed - we have anorexic, pre connective tissue Leia at the time Willi left, but Willi's old enough to creampie Monica on the kitchen table? Bold for a teen. When I think of the timeline, I get confused, so I pretend it makes sense, just like the canon of the official release (yeah, I know).

I'd love this. Though for me, it's Miru all the way. I brought up poly once and dropped it when she wasn't interested. Though my main worry here was more meta. I suspect that Miru will go along with anything the player decides, which would diminish her character. So if she has an opinion, I'll respect it.
I think this'll be a major part - also, in the old version, Miru has to leave at one point. I'm guessing the same will happen, maybe for a different reason - to make space for Daphne moving to Wollust.

why isnt this one on steam?
Mainly because SG is more popular. I'm sure Ocean will see what is possible once he gets past that hurdle with SG Season 1. I think he's playing safe with steam and trying to chalk up a few runs on the board before trying to get the content of this past their censors. Also, as this one is completely reworked, unlike SG, completely from the ground up, it has more left to finish season 1.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes