4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Karabonga

Dec 11, 2018
You know the whole " I don't care if he does 1 release per year or in 2 years. " that you said is cool and all but many players and some patreons probably will disagree and tell you that they want more frequently updates,
That's true. You know what would've helped him release updates more frequently, focusing on one game. One game would've been more manageable and would've lead to more frequent updates.
After all, he's still learning programs/techniques for the game and juggling time with that and of course he needs to maintain a social life and all that. It's not like he can only do work on the game 24/7 like a robot. It's like he wanted to start sprinting before walking

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
You know the whole " I don't care if he does 1 release per year or in 2 years. " that you said is cool and all but many players and some patreons probably will disagree and tell you that they want more frequently updates,
i never said that, though. you might confuse me with someone else

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
He didn't create two separate accounts, and to start with, he had someone else developing his story for SG. Regium created the SG patreon, Ocean created the WiaB patreon as far as I know (I could be wrong, it's just the way I recall it). There was no meaningful way for Ocean to merge the two when Regium left - patrons of WiaB didn't sign up for SG and SG patrons didn't sign up for WiaB, so we're in this situation. Ocean can't guarantee that if he cancelled the WiaB patreon page, the patrons would move across. He's still working on both, without the help he had at the start, and the scope has grown for both. It's very ambitious, but the situation is what it is, and he's managed to keep them both going and updating.
patrons would move to the other page if there is a release to download. so he could actually do it on release day :D

Apr 30, 2023
That's true. You know what would've helped him release updates more frequently, focusing on one game. One game would've been more manageable and would've lead to more frequent updates.
After all, he's still learning programs/techniques for the game and juggling time with that and of course he needs to maintain a social life and all that. It's not like he can only do work on the game 24/7 like a robot. It's like he wanted to start sprinting before walking
Well if the 2 games are not connected with each other then that might work... But if the stories are connected it might not be as easy to do, I agree with your point that working at 2 projects at the same time is not the best idea.. Especially when that type of work requires lots of work...in both writing the story , and creating the scenes etc....

Reactions: BobTheDuck

Everilld

Jul 25, 2017
Hey guys do we have LI list (love interest list) for WAIB? or sth simmilar to Summer's gone list (posted by lonelyk, thanks brother :love:) like this one? But for WAIB, does anybody know something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: turbojoe

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Hey guys do we have LI list (love interest list) for WAIB? or sth simmilar to Summer's gone list (posted by lonelyk, thanks brother :love:) like this one? But for WAIB, does anybody know something?
maybe you can refer to the old version for that. honestly with the current version, all girls that we saw up to now seem to be potential LI. I guess Daphne might be more complicated with the long distance, but it seems pretty obvious that she will move to where MC is.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
I don't remember if I actually posted it or not, but after going through the original (pre-rework) version, I had one feedback.
But seeing it was being reworked I didn't (iirc) post it.

It was about how the NTR switch was described to be implemented vs how it actually was implemented.

The description was the same/similar as the current reworked version: i.e. even with the NTR on it was avoidable & dependent on player choices.
However it wasn't implemented as such, with the girlfriend fantasizing about others in the unavoidable (default) route if the switch was on.
As such I was going to recommend changing the description at the game's beginning to state that ntr was unavoidable unless it was switched off at the starting choice.

Seeing the reworked game, it seems the devs went in the opposite direction & actually fixed the implementation to match the description: i.e. now ntr content is only seen based on player choices.

This was the harder option, requiring a full overhaul of the game, but the better one imo.
So the rework improved one aspect of the game atleast.
Good job dev on fixing that particular inconsistency. (y)

(Personally I prefer this, getting or avoiding ntr based on how you shape the game is much more immersive than having a switch at the beginning change the characters behaviour)

Note: This isn't about ntr, but about implementation of a mechanic the was it is described at the start. So no drama pls.
the more ntr you watch the more manly you get
Screenshot 2024-02-23 113103.png

• Haha
Reactions: HanBoston

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I don't get why so many devs keep mentioning mental health and using it as an excuse. I sympathize, truly, but they are their own boss. Just work at ur own pace and comfort. I don't care if he does 1 release per year or in 2 years.

Don't talk about ur mental health when the rework wasn't warranted. He could've just updated the renders as he progressed with the story and not just redo things. The renders were decent for the year that the game came out and the worst thing is, this dev has 2 avn's running at the same time. Finish one and then release the other. I know they're both interconnected but they don't need to be released at the same time for the story/stories to make sense. And now he says it's affecting him mentally, no shit sherlock

(greed makes people overwork and make stupid decisions)
Fans write to Ocean every year and ask him to focus on one game. Because dividing his attention into 2 games, he cannot do even one normally. Now he's talking about mental health. Sorry, but this sounds like an excuse. Hundreds of millions of people work every day from morning to evening and do not complain about mental health, apparently Ocean has forgotten what it is. He needs to take a break and get a regular job, where he will not have the opportunity to go on vacation for several months a year and the salary will be low. After this, he will immediately forget about mental and other problems.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
Fans write to Ocean every year and ask him to focus on one game. Because dividing his attention into 2 games, he cannot do even one normally. Now he's talking about mental health. Sorry, but this sounds like an excuse. Hundreds of millions of people work every day from morning to evening and do not complain about mental health, apparently Ocean has forgotten what it is. He needs to take a break and get a regular job, where he will not have the opportunity to go on vacation for several months a year and the salary will be low. After this, he will immediately forget about mental and other problems.
Dude, don't judge strictly, this is a problem with almost all "artists".

Although, i agree with you on some things!

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Before you criticize why Ocean is working on 2 games simultaneously, at least ask why he's doing it.

For short:
Ocean dreams of 5 games for one universe (WiAB, SG, etc). In the process, Ocean worked on WiAB, and SG work was handed over to Regium. And in the process, to avoid being burned out on WiAB, Ocean started working on the 3rd story as a side project. Unfortunately Regium gave up on SG, so SG was completely taken over by Ocean and the 3rd story was neglected.

And many Devs work on more than 1 game to avoid being burned out. If the work on one of the games is hampered, the Dev can work on another game.
And this isn't just 2, I've seen some Devs working on 3 or maybe even 4 games simultaneously (projects on hold or abandoned don't count)

Of course you're right, to go on holiday when fatigue hits, unfortunately there are some things that can't be recovered just by going on holiday. And to fill in wasted time (of course if Dev's condition is good), it's a good idea to work on other projects. It would be better if in the process Dev gets new inspiration for the hampered project.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Many of those hundreds of millions you mentioned would complain, if they knew they could get help, or even understood their mental health better. Mental health problems are serious societal problems in most countries, that get untreated way too often. Also as you point in your message, many fans "ask", more like demand in most cases, Ocean to ignore their own creative designs and wants. That is extremely stressful for most people, especially if their livelihood is uncertain. As it is when your income comes from Patreon donations etc... "Forgeting", or more like burying, mental health problems won't fix anything. They will just fester and end up causing more trouble in the long run.

PS. Yes it would be nice if they could focus on one game. But if their creative process is such that they find it better to develop two games at the same time, to help feel motivated and not burn out with the project. Then it's better that they continue working like that and we at least get some updates, rather than them burning out and abandoning everything. And yes, many creative people have multiple projects at the same time so that they don't kill their motivation with just working on the same project all the time.

PPS. Mental health is a thing that everyone should take seriously. Having mental health problems won't make you weak or anything like that. Even the most successful people can have them and everyone that has them, or suspects having them, should seek professional help and ignore those that try to stigmatize mental health issues. Just like physical health, you aren't tough guy/gal if you ignore your health problems.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
But if their creative process is such that they find it better to develop two games at the same time, to help feel motivated and not burn out with the project.
I studied Arts when I was younger, and then languages. I've worked in art commissions, art related jobs, retail, costumer support and education (children), and I can honestly say the art related stuff was the hardest of them all. There's only too much your mind can manage to imagine/invent, and if your muse leaves you, you're unable to keep going until you get some inspiration again. Art commission is different cause at least the client is giving you ideas of what they want, but when your main working tool is your imagination, things change. I often had to leave projects and series on standby cause my mind was exhausted and I coudn't keep going. While any job can cause you burnout, art related jobs will always be different in the sense that if the person isn't motivated, mentally exhausted or is suffering mental issues, it can completely prevent you from producing anything, and that's why working on a 'side project' is a brilliant idea. You take turns on both and you take breaks from both, so the chances of burnout are small.

I have mentioned before things I don't like about the VN in a polite manner (Cause I believe people in this threat forget they can give some feddback without being an asshole), but I won't be bitching about him working on both VNs. A dev that has only one game gets burnout and they either abandon/put the VN on hold or start giving mediocre updates. A dev with 2 can take breaks from 1 VN and work in another and stay productive.

Know talking about WiAB, I can understand the frustration of people cause its progress got delayed due to Ocean having to rework the whole thing, but man. Can't complain about the uality of the renders now, I just miss my old Dana.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Dude, don't judge strictly, this is a problem with almost all "artists".

Although, i agree with you on some things!
Let me tell you a funny fact, all artists with poor mental health have one thing in common: they are all on Patreon. There you can subscribe to the artist and he will receive money every month, regardless of whether he works or rests. All artists like to relax and get paid for it. The most arrogant of them, who often rest, begin to come up with excuses like “mental health” for their idleness, so as not to be criticized. By the way, such excuses as constant moving and the need to buy new PCs (video cards) were not invented by Ocean, he borrowed this idea. The most interesting excuse I read about was the artist’s poor physical health. He constantly complained about his health, and the fact that he had to constantly spend time in the hospital, people pitied and supported him. Over time, people got tired of supporting him and left, after which the artist was instantly cured and started working. He never managed to get his subscribers back; they stopped trusting him.

Reactions: CJlOHNK

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
Let me tell you a funny fact, all artists with poor mental health have one thing in common: they are all on Patreon. There you can subscribe to the artist and he will receive money every month, regardless of whether he works or rests. All artists like to relax and get paid for it. The most arrogant of them, who often rest, begin to come up with excuses like “mental health” for their idleness, so as not to be criticized. By the way, such excuses as constant moving and the need to buy new PCs (video cards) were not invented by Ocean, he borrowed this idea. The most interesting excuse I read about was the artist’s poor physical health. He constantly complained about his health, and the fact that he had to constantly spend time in the hospital, people pitied and supported him. Over time, people got tired of supporting him and left, after which the artist was instantly cured and started working. He never managed to get his subscribers back; they stopped trusting him.
You just don’t understand what i wrote above!
Any artist, musician and etc. - a creative person faces such a problem!

I’m not defending anyone right now, i’m just trying to explain the situation to you!

I say as a person who also does rendering that sometimes you just get fed up! There is no muse, no ideas, you lose interest, in order to get through this, it takes a day or two - beer with friends and etc.

As for the Ocean, i already talked about his problem - he re-renders what he has already re-rendered! Yes, the first version was not very good, but then he made it better, and i personally fine with that, but he again decides that this version is not so good, and re-renders the second version and the third - you know what i mean?
Instead of creating new content that would arouse the interest of the author himself, he reworks and re-renders the old one two or three times and it’s just terribly boring! He himself is not interested, he gets bored, depressed! Monotonous work not on new content, but correcting old content several times and this exhausts him mentally!

And you probably don’t know, but people who work on a PC often suffer from back pain! Because it's a sitting job!
That's all!

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
You just don’t understand what i wrote above!
Any artist, musician and etc. - a creative person faces such a problem!
You're right, I really don't understand the complaints about mental health. At my job there is a Design department with a team that does rendering. So, in all these years, I have never heard any of them complain about mental health, although they are all creative people too. Moreover, they cannot take several months for rest and recovery like game developers from Patreon.

I say as a person who also does rendering that sometimes you just get fed up! There is no muse, no ideas, you lose interest, in order to get through this, it takes a day or two - beer with friends and etc.
This condition happens to all people, even non-creative ones. They are also tired of their work, but they need to buy food, pay off loans and pay rent so as not to end up on the street. Do you think if patrons start telling artists how hard it is for them to make money and how tired they are of everything, will game developers be interested or won't they care? If I were a gambling person, I would bet on the fact that artists do not care about the problems of their patrons.

As for the lack of muse and ideas, unfortunately, this happens. But that's not what we're talking about now. Ocean, like many other developers, wrote the story in advance, so now he doesn’t have such problems.

p.s. If anything, I don’t want to offend anyone, I just try to look at the situation from different angles.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
You're right, I really don't understand the complaints about mental health. At my job there is a Design department with a team that does rendering. So, in all these years, I have never heard any of them complain about mental health, although they are all creative people too. Moreover, they cannot take several months for rest and recovery like game developers from Patreon.

This condition happens to all people, even non-creative ones. They are also tired of their work, but they need to buy food, pay off loans and pay rent so as not to end up on the street. Do you think if patrons start telling artists how hard it is for them to make money and how tired they are of everything, will game developers be interested or won't they care? If I were a gambling person, I would bet on the fact that artists do not care about the problems of their patrons.

As for the lack of muse and ideas, unfortunately, this happens. But that's not what we're talking about now. Ocean, like many other developers, wrote the story in advance, so now he doesn’t have such problems.

p.s. If anything, I don’t want to offend anyone, I just try to look at the situation from different angles.
No one argues that you may have your own opinion, but you are comparing different things!

You work in the design department, which is cool, but you don't work alone!
Do you spend time get to the work using your personal transport or public transport? On the way at work you listen to the radio or read the news feed. When you arrive at your workplace, you greet your colleagues, with some of them you communicate very well, if you arrived earlier, you can take a smoke break or drink coffee before work, discussing what a cool series you watched yesterday and what a great ass Daynerys has! All this allows you to distract yourself! You have a problem with something, a colleague can help you. Sometimes after work you can go to a bar thit whem.
And he sits in his dark room, drinking iced coffee, listening to music, and does the same thing every single day - he doesn’t have such communication at work since he works for himself.
Everyone thinks it's easy, but in reality this is not the case.
If he receives a normal amount from patreons, then this is only his merit!
Well, as if Patreon-sponsors are voluntary donations, no one forces them to pay.
Somewhere i can agree with your words because there is such a character as Stopper who gets good money without doing anything, but it depends on the patreons themselves!

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
No one argues that you may have your own opinion, but you are comparing different things!

You work in the design department, which is cool, but you don't work alone!
Do you spend time get to the work using your personal transport or public transport? On the way at work you listen to the radio or read the news feed. When you arrive at your workplace, you greet your colleagues, with some of them you communicate very well, if you arrived earlier, you can take a smoke break or drink coffee before work, discussing what a cool series you watched yesterday and what a great ass Daynerys has! All this allows you to distract yourself! You have a problem with something, a colleague can help you. Sometimes after work you can go to a bar thit whem.
And he sits in his dark room, drinking iced coffee, listening to music, and does the same thing every single day - he doesn’t have such communication at work since he works for himself.
Everyone thinks it's easy, but in reality this is not the case.
If he receives a normal amount from patreons, then this is only his merit!
Well, as if Patreon-sponsors are voluntary donations, no one forces them to pay.
Somewhere i can agree with your words because there is such a character as Stopper who gets good money without doing anything, but it depends on the patreons themselves!
I don’t argue with you and largely agree. You misunderstood my words regarding Patreon. I'm not against the fact that developers make money there, on the contrary, it's good. Like everyone else, I am against the Patreon subscription system.
I couldn't understand what you meant by this. All people do the same thing every day at their jobs. And the fact that he doesn’t have constant communication at work is lucky for him, I’m even jealous.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I couldn't understand what you meant by this. All people do the same thing every day at their jobs.
Ocean is fucking alone at work. Do you finally understand this?

Sure, it was his own decision to go the way of a self employed game dev, but that doesn't matter. It's a huge difference if you have a way to work and back while interact physically with others, have lunch/smoke breaks during your work days with others, have the opportunity for short small talk.

Ocean - as far we are know - has nothing of this, his workplace in his apartment, no real physical social interaction with others beside discord. What we know about are his visity in the gym. These are all small things that consume the mind and soul, and sooner rather than later inevitably the body, as the one is inextricably linked to the other.

I would go insane if I would sit 8-10 hours 6 days at week in a fucking single room starring into a monitor without the opportunity to do some on the things mentioned above. And the knowledge, that if you screw things up your income can be go to zero from one day to another makes things not easier.

And the fact that he doesn’t have constant communication at work is lucky for him, I’m even jealous.
Humans are social creatures that always seek company and form communities, which is what has made our species the dominant life form on this planet.
And after reading this I'm not sure if you're not just a pitiful creature who I'm lucky not to have anyone similar myself at work.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes