4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Fuck that noise, if I could work at a research station in Antartica I’d take it in a heartbeat. Just me and the penguins. And the shapeshifting aliens.
I completely agree, bro! Being the unwitting listener to an idiot from the neighbouring cubicle bragging about what a huge trout he caught over the weekend is a torture that should be prohibited by international laws!
Never again! Social interactions at work are overrated and the Quarantine'19 only confirmed this! Five-minute daily status meetings on Zoom are more than enough. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Ocean - as far we are know - has nothing of this, his workplace in his apartment, no real physical social interaction with others beside discord. What we know about are his visity in the gym.
Hey, hey, I wouldn’t immediately classify Ocean as an introverted hikka, at least from his Discord posts it seems that the guy has a life behind the monitor. Herm, he even mentioned his girlfriend a few times. Do you think he meant a pixel waifu like the rest of us here? :KEK:

Reactions: KiryuKazuma095

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Hey, hey, I wouldn’t immediately classify Ocean as an introverted hikka, at least from his Discord posts it seems that the guy has a life behind the monitor. Herm, he even mentioned his girlfriend a few times. Do you think he meant a pixel waifu like the rest of us here? :KEK:
Nah, bullshit. If he does, how the fuck dares he to have breaks and a social life? He owes it to the people who pay for his hardware to sit his ass in front of the screen 8rhs a day, plus extra hours, with no bathroom,smoke and coffee breaks, to give us the story now, NOW. How dares he to not give us all the answers to the questions we have immediately? Instead of whining he should just write all the story and make all the renders and you know, put them together to give us faster updates, like all the other AVNs in this site.

Here I thought he was a Nika, but turns out he was a Willi all along, fucking bullshit man.

....../r.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Ocean is fucking alone at work. Do you finally understand this?

Sure, it was his own decision to go the way of a self employed game dev, but that doesn't matter. It's a huge difference if you have a way to work and back while interact physically with others, have lunch/smoke breaks during your work days with others, have the opportunity for short small talk.

Ocean - as far we are know - has nothing of this, his workplace in his apartment, no real physical social interaction with others beside discord. What we know about are his visity in the gym. These are all small things that consume the mind and soul, and sooner rather than later inevitably the body, as the one is inextricably linked to the other.

I would go insane if I would sit 8-10 hours 6 days at week in a fucking single room starring into a monitor without the opportunity to do some on the things mentioned above. And the knowledge, that if you screw things up your income can be go to zero from one day to another makes things not easier.

Humans are social creatures that always seek company and form communities, which is what has made our species the dominant life form on this planet.
And after reading this I'm not sure if you're not just a pitiful creature who I'm lucky not to have anyone similar myself at work.
This is real, whatever anyone else might say, the disconnect of working alone is brutal. At most work places there are resources, protocals and forms, and people who can point you to solutions. There is no IT dept, there is no accounts dept, no HR, no advertising ...just you, responsible for everything with no training in anything other than your specialty. You're required to know every relevant law, all the ins and outs of business tax. In Ocean's case, international laws, copyright laws etc. There's no one to get help from that you don't pay for.

People who haven't worked self employed have no idea - you do every job, often for less than the pay of one, simply because you like your own hours or the field of work. Firends who work the 9-5 day don't understand why you're unable to go to bbq's on the weekend, or why you wait months for clients to honour their invoices.

Sure there's being effective, but in the creative field, almost all your clients (if that's you're business model) are less organised, and will take every spare minute of your time they can. The smaller the job, the worse the expectations.

The biggest thing I've learned is to take regular breaks to clear the head and walk, and buy the best coffee you can afford for the best coffee machine you can afford :sneaky: :coffee:

Being in front of a screen for 18 hours a day is fine, if you speand some of that time doing something other than work. The drain is that you have to answer all the questions yourself, and if you don't, they sit there unanswered.

It's no wonder Ocean isn't here - it's hard enough managing the expectations of the people who pay you, without having to manage the expectations of the people who don't.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
ocean complains about x, simpbois immediately eat it up.
funny-bulldog-i-didnt-fart-my-butt-blew-you-a-kiss-elliej-darwi.jpg
Meanwhile ocean stopped working on rework of Wiab to work on rework of SG which was supposed to be out since dec-jan.

Afterwards ocean stops working on both games to recollect himself.

This sort of dev behaviour apparently deserves adulation according to some.

Harmonyrose

Jun 24, 2020
Before you criticize why Ocean is working on 2 games simultaneously, at least ask why he's doing it.

For short:
Ocean dreams of 5 games for one universe (WiAB, SG, etc). In the process, Ocean worked on WiAB, and SG work was handed over to Regium. And in the process, to avoid being burned out on WiAB, Ocean started working on the 3rd story as a side project. Unfortunately Regium gave up on SG, so SG was completely taken over by Ocean and the 3rd story was neglected.

And many Devs work on more than 1 game to avoid being burned out. If the work on one of the games is hampered, the Dev can work on another game.
And this isn't just 2, I've seen some Devs working on 3 or maybe even 4 games simultaneously (projects on hold or abandoned don't count)

Of course you're right, to go on holiday when fatigue hits, unfortunately there are some things that can't be recovered just by going on holiday. And to fill in wasted time (of course if Dev's condition is good), it's a good idea to work on other projects. It would be better if in the process Dev gets new inspiration for the hampered project.
he can get 8 another different abandoned games to avoid being burned out on WiAB, it would be great
and we can have reason to live longer
i started gym and health food diet ...

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
Sure, it was his own decision to go the way of a self employed game dev, but that doesn't matter. It's a huge difference if you have a way to work and back while interact physically with others, have lunch/smoke breaks during your work days with others, have the opportunity for short small talk.
I get the impression that you have never worked in your life, perhaps you have not reached the age when people begin to do this. My work involves communication and when it’s lunch time, I find a quiet place to sit in silence and relax. Ocean has hundreds of fans, do you really think he lacks communication? I think he's already tired of talking to everyone.

I would go insane if I would sit 8-10 hours 6 days at week in a fucking single room starring into a monitor without the opportunity to do some on the things mentioned above.
Welcome to adulthood!

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I have to ask..why the fuck are you still here Alex? Like, you really have nothing better to do with you life...
I read comments from Ocean defenders like you and laugh for a long time. As always, you attack people and try to bite them. What are you unhappy with right now? I didn't say anything bad about Ocean.

Maybe you didn’t like the fact that I compared Ocean’s words with the words of Patreon scammers who milk their fans? These milkers use excuses like: mental health, weak PC, etc. I wonder why Ocean began to use the words of these deceivers, and even more interesting why defenders like you ignore this?

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I get the impression that you have never worked in your life, perhaps you have not reached the age when people begin to do this. My work involves communication and when it’s lunch time, I find a quiet place to sit in silence and relax. Ocean has hundreds of fans, do you really think he lacks communication? I think he's already tired of talking to everyone.

Welcome to adulthood!
Ok my little boy, I'm way to old to dragged down to your abyssal niveau.

Something that most keyboard warriors don't realise is that you don't develop social competence and soft skills on a PC.

The mere fact that you consider virtual/digital interaction with other people to be an equal substitute for a direct interpersonal interaction is more than enough to estimate your age. Adulthood? You?! Barely, and if then only physically.

I've seen a few morons come and go here without putting them on the ignore list, but you really take the cake.

Basically everything you say is nothing but bullshit, every discussion you try to start fails miserably because of your lack of knowledge about...
... everything.

Alone your last desperate attempt in the SG thread alone to establish AI art as the superior form of "rendering" and that hopelessly outdated graphic cards could keep up with current ones without any problems ... No idea of anything, but a lot of that.

/ignore.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
[...]
/ignore.
Sure it was a tough decision to make that had to be made. :KEK:

I've been wondering for a long time why there are always so many of these... special folks hanging out around Ocean's games. I follow a lot of good games, many of them quite controversial, many of them have been criticized a lot. But I can only find these... very special dudes in SG or WIAB threads. I can't believe this is just a coincidence or a statistical anomaly. There must be something about these games that attracts them. And my gut tells me that's probably the same thing which makes these games so appealing to me. :unsure:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
The snails-pace release schedule?

Doesn't take a genius to read between the lines at what's going on here. Just look at his press releases; A6000 this, remake that.
Bro, you prolly misquoted idontdreamwhenisleep69, it was kinda quote from my post. :KEK:

And yeah, you're totally get it, I was talking about the snailed-pace release schedule and the A6000 this, rework that.
We're not kinkshaming here, right? So, I had to confess... you know, long foreplay is my thing, I just like to do it slow and sad. I think that's why Ocean's games are my favorites, I haven't found any game that was updated slower than this one (ofc, I did, but the rule 4 forbids the names). But I fully understand that the quick shooters may be disappointed. :HideThePain:

On a serious note, when you see "A6000 this", I see a preview of the college auditorium with a dozen students in the frame. Now the auditorium doesn't look like it used to look during the covid times. And I won’t even talk about how exactly these cards will allow him to significantly improve his development process; look for it between the lines yourself, if you fancy to. :giggle:

But seriously, criticizing a developer for wanting the most advanced development tools... Okay, I'll grab some popcorn, shut up, and watch the show.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
yossa999 BobTheDuck

Hey guys, curious how many different paths/saves you have. Mainly for the Goddess Katie ;) I'm curious how many different ways you think we'll be able to get her/on her path or if the sharing route with Miru is going to be the only way?
I usually have one save path, and make a new save for each seemingly important choice, more like a checkpoint kind of strategy. It helps me to navigate the story when I need to find out something but I couldn't remember the exact details. I make my choices putting myself in the situation - every time I try to choose against my own worldview, it feel unnatural, so I end up making the same choices, every now and then I might make a junk save just to unlock the scenes if it helps me understand the lore of the world more.

In regards to Katie, I only have the one response - treating her well, because in neither version (pre or post rework) does she seem to be evil unless triggered.

The moment when Leia dismisses her as being unable to seduce anyone made me hate Leia. All Leia's done that catches Willi's attention really is grow a pair. THe interactions with Katie are far more interesting. My goal is to repair whatever I can, but in the choice between Leia and Katie, Leia loses for me.

Edit:
I'm curious too, one path will be to spite her I'm sure, one path will be as manwhore with consequences, one will probably be with Miru driving. I think the wider choices regarding how open the relationship is (purely on Willi's terms to manwhore, or actual swinging, or dedicated throuple) will change the dynamic, and I'm sure there will be differences in the lewds as a result.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
yossa999 BobTheDuck

Hey guys, curious how many different paths/saves you have. Mainly for the Goddess Katie ;) I'm curious how many different ways you think we'll be able to get her/on her path or if the sharing route with Miru is going to be the only way?
Just one, bro, there is no actual branching yet to keep many separate saves. And Ocean will break them anyway. :HideThePain:
But as the story progresses, I'm going to make separate playthroughs for Miru, Katie, Leia, and Ni. Oh, and, of course, a total manwhore path too!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just one, bro, there is no actual branching yet to keep many separate saves. And Ocean will break them anyway. :HideThePain:
But as the story progresses, I'm going to make separate playthroughs for Miru, Katie, Leia, and Ni. Oh, and, of course, a total manwhore path too!
I would say there's a lot of branching already....may not have come to fruition yet...but it's there.

But again...my main question...how many ways of getting Katie do you think there will be? Currently it's looking like the only way will be on the Miru sharing path (or at least tagging that first variable). Ignore Miru so she cheats way? Cheat on Miru way?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I would say there's a lot of branching already....may not have come to fruition yet...but it's there.

But again...my main question...how many ways of getting Katie do you think there will be? Currently it's looking like the only way will be on the Miru sharing path (or at least tagging that first variable). Ignore Miru so she cheats way? Cheat on Miru way?
Well, judging by the previous version, ditching Miru opens up any other girls' paths. So I would add this to the options you mentioned.
And Zoey seemed to want a threesome with the MC and Katie, so that would also be an interesting option, although it’s not entirely clear where to put Miru in this case. If it's just sex, then if you chose an open relationship, she probably won't mind. :BootyTime:

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

I edited my first reply after I'd posted to include some of those things, I guess the devil is in how much detail Ocean wants to provide. On a slightly more expanded idea - what if there is only one 'great' outcome with one LI, and all the other LI's are just detailed lewdables? We wouldn't know until the last chapter. I kinda feel that Ocean in some ways has a LOT to be able to play with and mess with our heads on this one - even more so than SG. What if messing around with Gina triggers a response from Krayt? What if Gina's bf decides he doesn't actually like being cucked and rats out Willi to the gang for revenge?

Currently the path to Katie seems to be through Zoe, as she's the one who's trying to persuade Katie to be in an open relationship. But what if you don't choose the open? Will there be a monogamous Katie route? Will there be Katie war hatefuckery? Will there be Katie manipulating WIlli to cuck Leia? Will we see dominant Miru, like when she tries to drown Willi? THere's just so much potential for different paths. I think we'll have to just see which ones Ocean develops, so I can't even second guess them all now.

What I do think is that Ocean will have multiple paths for a fewer number of LI's and the ones that ore more lewdable (ie Zoey, Kat, Gina at a guess) will have a single path, if not just a single encounter.

WiaB will certainly have a lot of choices between what paths you are on even with the one LI for sure.

Reactions: yossa999

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
And Zoey seemed to want a threesome with the MC and Katie, so that would also be an interesting option, although it’s not entirely clear where to put Miru in this case.
Currently that only happens on the sharing path. Maybe I'm missing the old version too much....and trying to figure out just how muich Ocean is going to reimplement into this one. So for example, if sharing not tagged as a variable...the camper scene with Katie and Zoe never happens etc?
WiaB will certainly have a lot of choices between what paths you are on even with the one LI for sure.
Yeah there's a lot of ways this could go and as said to yossa above, just trying to figure out early, which/what/may might happen etc. as said, currently it seems the only way to get interested in katie...and have Zoe be interested...is by the sharing variable. Would like to know if there's going to be other ways of getting/being with who is arguably the main girl in the story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yossa999

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Currently that only happens on the sharing path. Maybe I'm missing the old version too much....and trying to figure out just how muich Ocean is going to reimplement into this one. So for example, if sharing not tagged as a variable...the camper scene with Katie and Zoe never happens etc?
Frankly I don't remember this. Should have to download the old version sometime and take a look. But anyway, it seems that Miru disappears right before the camping scene, if I remember it correctly. It's when her mother and sister appears and her sister or whoever she's to Miru, finds her.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes