4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Pure speculation, but if Willi's not a Zane by blood, then what was the family name on his and Leia's birth certificate? This allows for so many different tangents:

- Helen is being targeted to get Willi back because the evil dude in the shadows causing the problems is actually his dad and has the surname Cyrus.
- Following from that, what if Nika is actually Willi's younger brother, the second son of the mysterious evil dude?
- Did Helen do the same thing as Noji, potentially using Scarlet as a back door to the hospital to arrange their adoption?

All this is pure craziness to consider (and these are 100% random speculation from a sleep and coffee deprived brain), it really has a seismic shift, regardless of what revelations we'll find out when it gets released.
Many things would be wrong with this idea, especially the age of the characters.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Many things would be wrong with this idea, especially the age of the characters.
I know a few brothers with 20 years difference in age. Old dudes can be creepy parents. Just imagine, AVN logic could prevail, and the dad dies in a car crash at the end of WiaB after NTRing someone :)

Or maybe I should either sleep or get coffee instead of typing right now.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
At first I thought, oh, this means Katie is adopted. Then it hit me, unless it's worded badly, this means that Helen is NOT Willi's mom anymore, and Dylan's not his dad. Katie then is the actual Zane, and Willi and Leia are adopted?

Edit: Srimanta was quicker on the uptake than me, like lightning.
That was my take on it, I am not sure how I feel. Helen being only his adoptive mother makes things more easier, Leia is his twin so there is not much to be done.

I just am.not entirely sure as to why change this aspect of the story now that the patreon page went down. Is it just because he did not felt that certain relationship felted natural, being it a narative change I can understand but if it is because Patreon I can see the reason

Also It seems that Miru will be gone for a while

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021
Pure speculation, but if Willi's not a Zane by blood, then what was the family name on his and Leia's birth certificate? This allows for so many different tangents:

- Helen is being targeted to get Willi back because the evil dude in the shadows causing the problems is actually his dad and has the surname Cyrus.
- Following from that, what if Nika is actually Willi's younger brother, the second son of the mysterious evil dude?
- Did Helen do the same thing as Noji, potentially using Scarlet as a back door to the hospital to arrange their adoption?

All this is pure craziness to consider (and these are 100% random speculation from a sleep and coffee deprived brain), it really has a seismic shift, regardless of what revelations we'll find out when it gets released.
Look at you making all these theories and all,

I mean what you are saying can totally be a possibility but then again if Cyrus's are some evil gangsters then why didn't Nojiko actually adopted Nika and Nami officially or on paper like how the Zanes did it with Leia and William?

It would have solved many problems and hiding Nami and Nika from them would have been hell lot easier .
Donno but for some reason I still think Leia is Nika's mother but that would complicate things even further

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I just am.not entirely sure as to why change this aspect of the story now that the patreon page went down. Is it just because he did not felt that certain relationship felted natural, being it a narative change I can understand but if it is because Patreon I can see the reason
They aren't getting their Patreon back, Steam/GOG doesn't give a shit about any of that. So, unless they are doing it for "creative" purposes and for themself to make the story easier to write (whatever), really no reason. As said, the platforms they are pushing it to, well, just don't care about that content.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019

I don't really think it will affect the story in any manner, I am not entirely sure as to why it was change but if it was to give the relationships a more natural feel to it, it should not afect the plot.

Reactions: sorco2003

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
That was my take on it, I am not sure how I feel. Helen being only his adoptive mother makes things more easier, Leia is his twin so there is not much to be done.

Also It seems that Miru will be gone for a while
Well, someone has to pack up their old apartment, and maybe they decided she should, so William can reconnect properly, maybe purely pragmatic. In the old version Miru had to leave towards the Ch6 I think, maybe that's Ocean's way for allowing Willi the space to cheat and develop relationships for the NTR aspect to start taking off?

Regards the changes, it might also be pragmatic - the story was too intertwined, this might allow a little more narative freedom without some of the massive complexities where every relationship hinges directly on every other one.

Look at you making all these theories and all,

I mean what you are saying can totally be a possibility but then again if Cyrus's are some evil gangsters then why didn't Nojiko actually adopted Nika and Nami officially or on paper like how the Zanes did it with Leia and William?

It would have solved many problems and hiding Nami and Nika from them would have been hell lot easier .
Donno but for some reason I still think Leia is Nika's mother but that would complicate things even further
Well, I'm not saying I make 100% sense, just that there are all kinds of possibilities even from just what we currently know. I mean the basic premise that there are evil ganstas hiding in shadows throwing spiders into the Zane house isn't exactly the conclusion I would have reached, but here we are after that chapter :)

If Nika and Nami were put into custody to keep them from their past, that'd still follow the basic outlines of the SG story already, the big question is who are Willi and Leia's parents? That's really what I'm interested in, in both games, the MC has no knowledge of their past.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
They aren't getting their Patreon back, Steam/GOG doesn't give a shit about any of that. So, unless they are doing it for "creative" purposes and for themself to make the story easier to write (whatever), really no reason. As said, the platforms they are pushing it to, well, just don't care about that content.
Yeah, I know but he talks of publishing in a way that makes sense in Steam, because with out the patch it did not, and that is fair. But now is either Helen and the rest are not related to William and Leia whatsoever, with it still would not make sense, or the twins are adopted and then there is no blood relation, with is kinda Ocean having his cake and eating it too.

The only character that I can think was given him difficult to write is Helen, with makes sense. Writing that type of relationship in a natural manner is hard, but i cant see how make her his adoptive mother makes that much easier.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Interesting devlog. Now these devil twins have been adopted. It is not yet clear whether Katie is also adopted or she is the real daughter of Dylan and Helen. Also,i wonder who their real parents are then? Did they die or for some other reason abandon them? I wonder if these revelations will be part of the plot. For example, the same Uncle Joe clearly cared a looooot about the twins. Well, this decision rather lets the author loosen his hands in the SG plot. Now it will be much easier to write who is whose daughter/son.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BobTheDuck

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Well, someone has to pack up their old apartment, and maybe they decided she should, so William can reconnect properly, maybe purely pragmatic. In the old version Miru had to leave towards the Ch6 I think, maybe that's Ocean's way for allowing Willi the space to cheat and develop relationships for the NTR aspect to start taking off?

Regards the changes, it might also be pragmatic - the story was too intertwined, this might allow a little more narative freedom without some of the massive complexities where every relationship hinges directly on every other one.

Well, I'm not saying I make 100% sense, just that there are all kinds of possibilities even from just what we currently know. I mean the basic premise that there are evil ganstas hiding in shadows throwing spiders into the Zane house isn't exactly the conclusion I would have reached, but here we are after that chapter :)

If Nika and Nami were put into custody to keep them from their past, that'd still follow the basic outlines of the SG story already, the big question is who are Willi and Leia's parents? That's really what I'm interested in, in both games, the MC has no knowledge of their past.
Yeah, was thinking in similar lines. having Miru out for a few days also lets William interact with more character. Also now thinking better, maybe is William that is leaving, I still think that Miru makes more sense but might be William.

i don't really understand what you meant in your second paragraph

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I keep thinking about the words used in the log. And I want to stop at the part of
"How to publish WiAB on Steam/GOG and for the story, etc. to make sense?"
As far as I know, Steam bans only a concept of AVNs, minors... That Leia and William have a love relationship established during those years would fall into that category... Monica would fall into that category....
How do you get this past Steam's censors?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, was thinking in similar lines. having Miru out for a few days also lets William interact with more character. Also now thinking better, maybe is William that is leaving, I still think that Miru makes more sense but might be William.

i don't really understand what you meant in your second paragraph
In my second paragraph, I simply meant that by clarifying the relationships, the narrative becomes simpler, not only does he avoid anyone being a tenant, (actually, I guess Dana will be Willi and Miru's landlady now...), but he doesn't have to make a story that is plausible to both meanings. I mean, Dana and Gina have mentioned their brothers, Kat and Zoey have brothers we've seen, there's no problems understanding the dynamic - it's just their identity is clear. We know exactly what we expect of Stephan and Lucas, Ocean can focus instead on telling us why they're important in the story. In the same way, defining these relationships allows Ocean to set the conditions for the story and lead us directly, rather than keeping everything opaque.

I keep thinking about the words used in the log. And I want to stop at the part of
"How to publish WiAB on Steam/GOG and for the story, etc. to make sense?"
As far as I know, Steam bans only a concept of AVNs, minors... That Leia and William have a love relationship established during those years would fall into that category... Monica would fall into that category....
How do you get this past Steam's censors?
Well, there are already other AVN's on Steam that have characters who have a sexual past, yet they're going to college for the first time, so it's certainly possible. In the old version or now, neither WiaB has had Willi do anything until Monica appeared. I guess Ocean just has to find a way to keep the past reveals minimal, especially as he cut Summer's kiss from SG.

Reactions: Doomyk and yossa999

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
However, this devlog has a other side. The same problems as in SG, which arose due to the rework of the story. Change even a minor detail and there will immediately be questions about the plot. Now that Helen is no longer the mother of MC and Leia, the question immediately arises, why did William immediately run back to Vollast when he heard about her accident? When he did not even want to help Leia from the beginning(!). And the second question, why are William and Leia going out of their way and taking risks to help Helen and figure out what happened? Like, dude, you already fucked up your life, stupidly ended up in prison, you have no money, no education, no success, and you only make Katie laugh with your intellect and step on the same rake again?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
However, this devlog has a other side. The same problems as in SG, which arose due to the rework of the story. Change even a minor detail and there will immediately be questions about the plot. Now that Helen is no longer the mother of MC and Leia, the question immediately arises, why did William immediately run back to Vollast when he heard about her accident? When he did not even want to help Leia from the beginning(!). And the second question, why are William and Leia going out of their way and taking risks to help Helen and figure out what happened? Like, dude, you already fucked up your life, stupidly ended up in prison, you have no money, no education, no success, and you only make Katie laugh with your intellect and step on the same rake again?
We might now know that Willi and Leia aren't Helen and Dylan's natural born kids, but do Willi and Leia know? Nothing in the story so far suggests that they've been told. It makes me think of Oedipus, running away to save his parents from the prophecy, only to enable the prophecy to happen to his actual parents. This is why I think Ocean's been brave to tell us rather than let it be revealed through the story - he's given away a major plot point, the question is whether he'll just divert the narrative to its new course or change some of the details we've already seen. Given how much Ocean loves suspense and reveals, I'm hoping that he'll leave leave it as isand reveal it to Willi. It could be that Leia knows already, and that's part of what Will might find out - that would explain why Leia rarely attends breakfast with the rest of the clan.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Doomyk

Srimanta

Aug 25, 2021
dude, you already fucked up your life, stupidly ended up in prison, you have no money, no education, no success, and you only make Katie laugh with your intellect and step on the same rake again?
I think you are misunderstanding William's character,
Being adopted has nothing to do with what kind of person you are or you would grow up to be, William is an asshole and so is Leia. Which is stated by Ocean himself multiple times.
We as a player might turned him into a decent person with all the choices throughout the game but can't say the same about Leia

Reactions: BobTheDuck
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes