4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I will give it the benefit of the doubt until I see it, it does is confusing for me. As I have said Helen -maybe scarlet- are the only characters that I imagine could have gave him trouble to write in a believable way. While change to adopted may make it easier I don't see how could be to the extent thay justifes the change. But the Steam line is what bugs me as well. If is only for characters relationship what Steam has to do with that, if it somehow is related to steam this means that patchs will come ? It does not seems lime it, the more I think the more confused I get
The confusing part here is really....why?

Steam doesn't care...and if they really did...still making Willi and Leia related, and we know where their relationship is going to go eventually. It's just...*shrugs*...

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
What if...

- William, you have to come, my landlady is in trouble.
- Landlady? Who gives a fuck about landlady, sis. Move in with me and my girlfriend until you find a new place.
- Thank you, you're so smart, I forgive you for everything.

3187ba23d16a8bfae800885caa7ac1ec.jpg

Last edited:

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
The confusing part here is really....why?

Steam doesn't care...and if they really did...still making Willi and Leia related, and we know where their relationship is going to go eventually. It's just...*shrugs*...
I am in similar vibes. As for the why, he give two reasons:

1: the game with out patch did not work and for a steam releases you want your game to make sense.

2: Some charecters relationship did not felt natural.

the solution: Make only Leia and William blood related. that is one way to go, I just as you, can't not see how he came to this conclusion. But for now I will wait, I just think he should make some clarification regarding how it will work before the new update drops.

Reactions: Maviarab

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
I am in similar vibes. As for the why, he give two reasons:

1: the game with out patch did not work and for a steam releases you want your game to make sense.

2: Some charecters relationship did not felt natural.

the solution: Make only Leia and William blood related. that is one way to go, I just as you, can't not see how he came to this conclusion. But for now I will wait, I just think he should make some clarification regarding how it will work before the new update drops.
Honestly, I played both version and it's true that don't make any sense without the patch.

But, for the point #2, I think the relationships all felt natural. It's made so much more scene that they are family. That's why it's confusing as fuck why he made changes for something that's working...:unsure:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: RNasc4444

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Would you look at that, Mavi... Guess now we know why the gun was removed in SG, Ocean took it so he could endlessly shoot himself in the feet with it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's only a matter of time now until SG overtakes WiAB as the superior VN once again :LOL:
No amount of Katie is gonna save WiAB from the "everyone is adopted" retardation.

I vote for a new remake of both VN's with completely different backstories for all characters where no one is related from the get-go. And pray that whatever story Ocean originally concocted can still make a shred of sense...
You know at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to do something like that either. :KEK:
8xl98l.jpg

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I wanted to know the differences between before and after rework and I was amazed. In the rework the graphics are far better, the characters are looking far better. And are candy eye for the player.

But in the rework you are really missing some scenes! There a lot of lewd scenes cut out to bring it to steam that it is almost criminal. For me personal it is a shame the dev did this. But he wants to earn money. For me it is really a degradation of this nice game. With all this lewd it has much more potention.

So if you want to see the goodies, just download the old stuff and enjoy!
Yes, there is a lot of content still to catch up on. And some is completely new. The lewd scenes weren't cut, but it hasn't reached those parts of the story. If you consider the old version was at chapter 6 and we are only at chapter 3, there will be plenty of content. The camping trip for example, that was ch5 of the original? Lots of lewds. They still have a camping trip ahead of them. Miru wasn't at the camping trip, ahe had to leave - and we see Miru might not be around for this camping trip either.

Substantially, there's a lot more work to get to the same point the old story was. Willi's only just arrived in Wollust, 2 full days? So many more days passed in the old one.

Reactions: xCalon and Jafo

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Honestly, I played both version and it's true that don't make any sense without the patch.

But, for the point #2, I think the relationships all felt natural. It's made so much more scene that they are family. That's why it's confusing as fuck why he made changes for something that's working...:unsure:
Yes, there is a lot of content still to catch up on. And some is completely new. The lewd scenes weren't cut, but it hasn't reached those parts of the story. If you consider the old version was at chapter 6 and we are only at chapter 3, there will be plenty of content. The camping trip for example, that was ch5 of the original? Lots of lewds. They still have a camping trip ahead of them. Miru wasn't at the camping trip, ahe had to leave - and we see Miru might not be around for this camping trip either.

Substantially, there's a lot more work to get to the same point the old story was. Willi's only just arrived in Wollust, 2 full days? So many more days passed in the old one.
(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: BobTheDuck

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
You know at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to do something like that either. :KEK:
View attachment 3847334
I was being entirely serious though. And I've been one of the biggest haters of Oceans reworks for fucking years.

Like Ocean mentioned in the devlog some people are going to be bothered by the changes and others won't. Personally I'm on the camp of "If I need a lobotomy to enjoy a story, it's probably not a very good story". I know it's controversial but I need some sense, structure and logic in my stories in order to enjoy them. Even AVN's!!! If I wanted to beat my meat I'd just go with video format ;)

I've never had issues with WiAB, old or new, in this regard but SG is an entirely different beast. I've tried to play without the patch and I refuse to believe there is a single soul out here capable of critical thinking and reading comprehension that thinks that shit makes any sort of sense. Even if you disregard all "Evil Modder" theories, the story was clearly written one way and is utterly devoid of logic if it tries to veer in another direction.

So with all due respect to people like yossa999, even if you can somehow make sense of a story when it changes that much, even if you think replacing words likes "sister" with "friend" magically makes it all fall into place, ignoring all sorts of previously provided context, doesn't mean everyone else can.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's see how Ocean tackles this. I'd be lying if I said I think it's gonna work when the entire game so far is predicated on Katie being Leia and Willie's sister, Dylan being their father and Helen their mother. That also applies to the rest of the family.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Like Ocean mentioned in the devlog some people are going to be bothered by the changes and others won't. Personally I'm on the camp of "If I need a lobotomy to enjoy a story, it's probably not a very good story". I know it's controversial but I need some sense, structure and logic in my stories in order to enjoy them. Even AVN's!!! If I wanted to beat my meat I'd just go with video format ;)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's see how Ocean tackles this. I'd be lying if I said I think it's gonna work when the entire game so far is predicated on Katie being Leia and Willie's sister, Dylan being their father and Helen their mother. That also applies to the rest of the family.
(y) (y) (y)

put it there.gif

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017

Okay, lets hope for the best than.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Let's see how Ocean tackles this. I'd be lying if I said I think it's gonna work when the entire game so far is predicated on Katie being Leia and Willie's sister, Dylan being their father and Helen their mother. That also applies to the rest of the family.
I just want to respond to this specifically, as you've already made a lot of sense with the rest of what you wrote there, but this bit raises an interesting question: does Ocean mean "the only blood related LI/lewdables?" It can't possibly make sense for Scarlet not to be Helen's sister, for Kat and Lucas not to be siblings, for uncle joes, no no only not be an uncle, but not be Kat's father? Then we've got Dana and Gina's brothers etc.

So if the UNcle Joe/Scarlet relations are normal, the only assumption is that Willi as the MC is onlr related to one person in the game, everything else remains in place. This means most likely some form of adoption, but it's unknown whether Willi knows of it. What it does mean is that there is a reason other than incest that is causing this change.

But hey, as Dana is now the only landlady, at least some of the more ridiculous language issues have been solved.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I just want to respond to this specifically, as you've already made a lot of sense with the rest of what you wrote there, but this bit raises an interesting question: does Ocean mean "the only blood related LI/lewdables?" It can't possibly make sense for Scarlet not to be Helen's sister, for Kat and Lucas not to be siblings, for uncle joes, no no only not be an uncle, but not be Kat's father? Then we've got Dana and Gina's brothers etc.

So if the UNcle Joe/Scarlet relations are normal, the only assumption is that Willi as the MC is onlr related to one person in the game, everything else remains in place. This means most likely some form of adoption, but it's unknown whether Willi knows of it. What it does mean is that there is a reason other than incest that is causing this change.

But hey, as Dana is now the only landlady, at least some of the more ridiculous language issues have been solved.
Makes no sense to me. If incest is the issue here then why leave the biggest offense which is literally William + Leia?

I don't get it. But I did warn that Ocean is gonna rewrite both game narratives 500 more times before either of them is done. If by the end William never actually existed and he was just a manifestation of the friendships we made along the way I would not be at all surprised :ROFLMAO:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Guess we'll see if there's still a patch...I will admit if Katie isn't sis anymore I'll be pretty sad about it and may just have to drop this one.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes