4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
It seams we have more drama around the game(s) then in the game. To date we had "totally not MC's sister" aka roommate, no we have "former neighbor's roommate's friend". Is Steam go now (or in near future) full Patreon rampage and devs know it or devs got burned and now they fear Steam too?

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Steam is a lot less strict than Patreon.
Steam only really cares about "underage", high school imagery, copyrighted content, and bestiality.
Basically, anything else, incest, rape, blackmail (all things Patreon doesn't allow) etc., they do not care about, at all.
For all it´s many flaws (as a German I know what I talk about) Steam is less strict when it comes to sex stuff. The thing that they geoblock nations like Germany is because of the pictures/previews and their laughable age verification, not the story. They fear allegations with underage customers seeing "dirty" pics like the devil does holy water.
That it is not the sex can be seen in several AVNs which still are buyable with German steam. One has a brother-sister couple as the main pairing (and it is made very clear in the story that you are banging/in love with your brother or sister), but as the two are working/at university and there is a free 18+ patch from the devs site, this game is sold without fuss.

But coming back to the WIAB, I think Ocean is making a serious mistake with making Willi/Leia adopted. Unless he has a MAJOR bang situation to be revealed, making the Twins an entity of their own is destroying a lot of the story logic/hints so far.
Willi´s currently unknown, but estimated reasons for fleeing Wollust are called into doubt more than they were before. In addition, if it is the incest angle, why at all. It is quite clear that most of the few friends Willi and Leia had knew or at least suspected that something more was going on between the twins. (In old WIAB e.g. Zoey was actually surprised that not more had happened and she was also eager to get Willi and Leia to reconcil and finally do the deed and even new Zoey seems to be quite certain what went on between the twins)

Last edited:
Reactions: Doomyk

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Sure nothing's happened, but it'd be very strange for her to be topless so often in renders as well as be a main character if she isn't romanceable. And no, you're right, nothing explicitly stated; the only thing we have is Katie's teasing about their relationship, and the flashback. In the pre remake, they'd never done anything in the past other than kissing that we saw either.
I'm really just playing devil's advocate. It's very likely that Leia will be romanceable and we know, from before the remake, that she and William had a past. I just don't think we can assume anything until the dust settles. If he rewrites everything so that Leia isn't an LI, then we'll know that Ocean changed it because he was scared of incest repercussions. Unfortunately, by then, the damage will already have been done.

I think Ocean underestimates the damage fiddling with the story does. We are already getting to know these people in WiAB and SG and when things get turned over, it doesn't feel great. People get attached, you know?

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
I'm really just playing devil's advocate. It's very likely that Leia will be romanceable and we know, from before the remake, that she and William had a past. I just don't think we can assume anything until the dust settles. If he rewrites everything so that Leia isn't an LI, then we'll know that Ocean changed it because he was scared of incest repercussions. Unfortunately, by then, the damage will already have been done.

I think Ocean underestimates the damage fiddling with the story does. We are already getting to know these people in WiAB and SG and when things get turned over, it doesn't feel great. People get attached, you know?
It would not be a wise decision to remove one of the most popular characters from LI. Imagine if Bella, Nami or Sasha were removed from SG. Too much damage.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
It seams we have more drama around the game(s) then in the game.
Not really. The most players don't have problems with how the things are. It's just a loud minority. They can't whine on Ocean's Discord and on Reddit. So they let their mimimi out on the last refugium on the net where more than five people talking about AVN's: F95. You can summarize all the whine in one big yap: "Don't like what I pretend to not like because I covet the dev for his success with doing the things on his own way without including my personal views, fetishes, and kinks!" It's pathetic but it's also funny to watch. They're wiriting against windmills. The Steam sales are high, the downloads here are high, the ratings everywhere are high, many Patreons, but they're the only ones who knows the truth: it all wents to shit. Soon. Very soon. Yeah, yeah, they said this since I've heard from Ocean's work the first time a view years ago.

Reactions: Jafo

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Not really. The most players don't have problems with how the things are. It's just a loud minority. They can't whine on Ocean's Discord and on Reddit. So they let their mimimi out on the last refugium on the net where more than five people talking about AVN's: F95. You can summarize all the whine in one big yap: "Don't like what I pretend to not like because I covet the dev for his success with doing the things on his own way without including my personal views, fetishes, and kinks!" It's pathetic but it's also funny to watch. They're wiriting against windmills. The Steam sales are high, the downloads here are high, the ratings everywhere are high, many Patreons, but they're the only ones who knows the truth: it all wents to shit. Soon. Very soon. Yeah, yeah, they said this since I've heard from Ocean's work the first time a view years ago.
What a poor attempt at generalizing all the issues voiced under one umbrella. Couldn't find a common theme either due to lack of understanding or laziness and opted for a random "they jelly cuz they ain't him".

This is the main difference between a fan and a sycophant. The fans like the work but are concerned where it is going, especially for a creator who has demonstrated to have issues not only to sticking to his own vision, but also defining what that vision even is. All things that should rightfully concern anyone who would like to see his games finished before the century ends.

A sycophant doesn't care and turns it into some weird attempt at a personal vendetta towards the developer. He's at the center of the circle jerk that says everything is fine, everyone who voices any concern is wrong and a troll, etc. A little clique of weirdoes stewing in their own vomit.

Nadinengt

Aug 14, 2021
It said that it was last updated last week does anyone know what update that is?

Chapter 3 full was released since January right? Or was I misremembering?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Miru says you are his best friend, and she says yea friend.
You completely and utterly missed her meaning behind that statement....

You're focusing everything purely on the sexual scenes, when I haven't even talked about it.
How they approach the different characters, how they relate to each other in a common chat, the familiarity, the complicity the jokes that without patching up lose their funniness. An incest story is not just about the sex scenes.
As if to affirm this, patreon banned this game for incest, with no sexual scenes other than those of Miru.
I agree with you, just want to.point out some thoughts Ocean could have achieved the same cohesion to story by confirming that they are family, and now with out Patreon this should not be a problem. Ocean gave us two reason for the change, the first is a cohesive story for the Steam the other is that some relationship did not felt natural.

When I think about it, two questions come to mind The change was made because Ocean wants a story that is cohesive and does not infringe TOS, changing Leia later on is more easy than change all the relationship, or the change was made because Ocean was unsatisfied with the story ?

the first one I can relate, the later one raises others questions. That I don't think paints him in a good light.

What a poor attempt at generalizing all the issues voiced under one umbrella. Couldn't find a common theme either due to lack of understanding or laziness and opted for a random "they jelly cuz they ain't him".

This is the main difference between a fan and a sycophant. The fans like the work but are concerned where it is going, especially for a creator who has demonstrated to have issues not only to sticking to his own vision, but also defining what that vision even is. All things that should rightfully concern anyone who would like to see his games finished before the century ends.

A sycophant doesn't care and turns it into some weird attempt at a personal vendetta towards the developer. He's at the center of the circle jerk that says everything is fine, everyone who voices any concern is wrong and a troll, etc. A little clique of weirdoes stewing in their own vomit.
Out of reactions so... (y) (y) (y)

Also nothing further to add without reitering old ground and saying the same thing.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
The most players don't have problems with how the things are. It's just a loud minority.
FUCKING LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They can't whine on Ocean's Discord and on Reddit. So they let their mimimi out on the last refugium on the net where more than five people talking about AVN's: F95.
Oh noooo! What do you mean people can't voice their opinions in heavily moderated echo chambers? Say it ain't soooo...

It's pathetic but it's also funny to watch.
Gotta agree on this one! Watching worthless ball lickers get their jimmies rustled on a public forum is a major source of entertainment for me.

Crazy idea but maybe you should spend more time in those echo chambers and less on F95? Keep living in that delusional bubble of yours. Prioritize your mental health! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Turret

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
What do you mean people can't voice their opinions in heavily moderated echo chambers?
No. I didn't said that. That's what you think it is and that says a lot about your ability to understand other POV's in this topic. In short: it makes no sense to discuss this topic with you. We would only walk in circles around it and that's a waste of time for both of us.

When Is the exact date update coming?
Mai 35th, 1312 in Álfar calendar

Reactions: Maviarab

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Phew, for a moment I almost forgot I was reading constructive criticism. Now I feel at home again.

Let's get back to watching the show.
Your reading comprehension abilities are off the charts as usual :ROFLMAO:

Was I, anywhere on that post, providing any sort of criticism related to the game? I was not. You can keep trying to gacha me, if I slip please make sure to point it out and I'll be the first to congratulate you, apologise and edit my post. You can disgree all you want but I do wholeheartedly believe that my criticism in serious posts is fair and constructive.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017

This is far under the belt. Your so called sycophant can also be a person who likes the game "as is" and is not trying by having the biggest mouth to let the dev change the game in THEIR likings. They want several elements to be implemented and start whining. Not realising that a dev, if he is steady enough, will wipe his ass off with all those big mouths.

Just try to see it from different angles please. Just play the game and if you don't like it just press delete on you SSD. So I totally agree with Tremonia. But that will make me also a sycophant. Well do what you want. People can disagree.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Your reading comprehension abilities are off the charts as usual :ROFLMAO:

Was I, anywhere on that post, providing any sort of criticism related to the game? I was not. You can keep trying to gacha me, if I slip please make sure to point it out and I'll be the first to congratulate you, apologise and edit my post. You can disgree all you want but I do wholeheartedly believe that my criticism in serious posts is fair and constructive.
Oh, you little weasel :KEK:

Do you think that my lack of reading comprehension prevents me from remembering more than the last post in a thread?
It all started with criticism of Ocean’s latest decision to change something in the Zanes’ relationship tree, then you guys came up with ideas about what Ocean was going to change (since he didn’t really explain anything), you guys figured out who would adopt whom. You even composed a whole sarcastic fairy tale about adoption.

And then Tremonia dared to disagree and noted that most players would likely have no problem with the possible changes.
Which I don't entirely agree with, it's right, most new players won't even notice. Many regular AVN players don't care because from the bunch of other AVNs we're already trained to read "landlady/roommate" the way they're supposed to read in the AVN world. But the hardcore WiAB oldtimers would probably be disappointed, because they liked the game before the remake. They are against any changes and still have not accepted Ocean’s words that it is better to forget about the old WiAB, because it's irrelevant to the new version.

So, your rebellious, critical heart couldn't handle the fact that someone disagreed with the critics, and you ended the conversation as any true constructive critic does: they end any discussion with a mention of sucking, licking or anal sex. Bravo.

As for looking for quotes, proofs or anything else in your posts that you want me to find, do I need it? I'm just here to have my fun, so I guess I'll skip that part.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes