4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
If this is the reason for Ocean's change regarding futurproofing WIAB with Steam, he's an idiot.
Can you even fathom a reason or venture a guess where this isn't the case? As it stands there is no doubt in my mind this is an attempt to future proof SG and only SG. He wants the game squeaky clean for not only his precious music licenses but to ensure the future distribution on platforms like Patreon, GoG and Steam without issues.

As for those saying it's no different if real or adopted family...yes, yes it is different. Very pschologically different if you have any experience of it so yes, it does hugely and fundamentally change the entire dynamic of the story and the characters.
Wild that this is even a debate. I don't know if it's naiveté, ignorance or a blatant disregard for biology. To even imply there is no difference between a blood bond a a legal one is absurd.

• Sad
Reactions: Maviarab

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
For all those going on about the future...and SG....having a character in SG that is the result of an incestuos relationship...is NOT against their TOS. Having a character begat of that relationship, discussing it, having it happened in the past off-screen, also does NOT break Patreon's TOS.

If people lived their lives based off of what may happen in the future, what a company may do in the future or how something may change their terms....nothinhg would ever get done and you'd likewise never do anything with your life. If this is the reason for Ocean's change regarding futurproofing WIAB with Steam, he's an idiot.

As for those saying it's no different if real or adopted family...yes, yes it is different. Very pschologically different if you have any experience of it so yes, it does hugely and fundamentally change the entire dynamic of the story and the characters.
Personally I don't think this is the case, rather because the LI and MC could be related, emphasis on could. Plus I guess there will be visual revelations in the future of SG that makes WIAB have to change, the golden child must be protected.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Wild that this is even a debate. I don't know if it's naiveté, ignorance or a blatant disregard for biology. To even imply there is no difference between a blood bond a a legal one is absurd.
Tell that to someone who was adopted at a young age and their adoptive parents are the only parents they've ever known and see what they tell you.

Reactions: yossa999

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Tell that to someone who was adopted at a young age and their adoptive parents are the only parents they've ever known and see what they tell you.
Tell a child they were adopted at a young age and watch if they can resist the urge to look for their biological parents despite having had wonderful adoptive parents their whole lives.

Biology matters. Blood ties matter. No matter how you spin it. I'm not trying to imply that you can't love adopted children like they were your own or that adopted kids can't love their adoptive parents like they were their own. I'm saying the relationship dynamic is always, definetely different.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Tell a child they were adopted at a young age and watch if they can resist the urge to look for their biological parents despite having had wonderful adoptive parents their whole lives.

Biology matters. Blood ties matter. No matter how you spin it. I'm not trying to imply that you can't love adopted children like they were your own or that adopted kids can't love their adoptive parents like they were their own. I'm saying the relationship dynamic is always, definetely different.
Not all adopted children look up who their biological parents are, but those that do choose to have their own individual reasons. Often curiosity of their background or even medical reasons. That doesn't change the secure attachments formed through consistent caregiving and emotional support, regardless of being adopted or not. I think it's mostly psychological. That's why in the real world, there are step-siblings who are repulsed by the idea of doing anything sexual with each other. Because mentally, they are still family, which is defined by more than biology - love, support, etc.

But maybe I'm confused on what you mean by the relationship dynamic is always, definitely different. In an adoption scenario, the biological parents are complete strangers to the adopted and these kids see their adoptive parents as their real parents. At least that's what two different adopted kids I knew from high school told me.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

I personally know an adopted person that only cares about their adoptive parents and couldn't be bothered to learn anything about their biological parents.

I also personally know another adopted person that would never pass up any opportunity to learn anything they can about their biological parents, while still loving their adoptive parents to the end of the world.

That is to say, it all depends on the individual. There is no "always", "definitely", etc. on this.

Side note - it's highly entertaining listening to my two friends trying to convince each other they are wrong, especially after they've had some alcohol in their bellies. :ROFLMAO:

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
I think at this point the best solution would be for Nika to not be William's son. I would have prefered Nika to be a part of the Zane dynasty but i guess he can still become that through marriage when all LI's are kinda Zane's :ROFLMAO:
They cannot be close relatives at all, much less a son and a father. We know that Nika’s parents died, and William is still alive. In addition, they have different last names... Cyrus and Zane. At most, they can only be distant relatives to each other.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes