4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I'm aware we're all jumping the gun here with the speculation. We will all have to wait and see how this plays out but at the same time, it's not like we can pretend Ocean doesn't have a controversial enough track record. See SG and all its changes. First he cut down the incest then he went for the teen dating sim approach with the age rating.

I can only and will only ever speak for myself here but the reason for my strong reaction, even in a game I don't find all that engaging, is that WiAB was supposed to be the darker and more mature VN. If Ocean is already toning it down with the incest how do you think this will affect the rest of the themes? I always assumed (perhaps wrongly) that this would feature some darker themes considering the subject matters seen so far like prison, drug dealing, pimping, gang violence, etc...
Regarding the darker themes:

- Emilio's still gotta get his tatts somewhere
- The first scene with a gang member, Willi get's violent, more violence and actual NTR seem a logical escalation.
- Drugs happened at the camping scene (and part of the Katie war before), seems likely.
- Leia talks about gun training.
- One of the WiaB store pages talks about building a criminal empire.
- We have a sister who pimps her workers, and wants Katie to whore herself to a police officer and wants Willi to seduce another police officer. We have a shadowy Asavera who runs an alternative pimping nightclub. We have the mysterious organisation who deal with creepy priests and have counsellors in the colleges.

I think the darkness is set. It's not going to be Natural Born Killers, but it might be the Untouchables. I think Willi will end up in prison for some set up by the gang or someone else but in a more surprising context than previously, the talk with Miru after the bar kinda suggests they're going a b little NBK anyway. I'm mainly excited for this side of things.

How/why on earth do they start a college/buy out a college, and why Donna ends up in the college with them (when she's almost cult like creep, eyes shall spin type)? I think it'll be a pretty good ride, with far better scenes than Marla's blanks.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Bob...a lot of things were set in the other game as well...and then they weren't :LOL:

Nothing is ever set in stone with Ocean. Which is my only issue with him, his creative decisions. I hate all the retconning bs.
Well, you also know I live in a naive state of hope :) I'll drink my coffee and spin theories while I wait ...and if Ocean gets us closer to the Untouchables than NBK, i'll be pretty damn satisfied.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
In my mind I can come up with really simple changes that would work for 5-6 different origin scenarios without needing a single new render. The question of plausibility is one of personal connection to the past story. Some people will (rightly so) feel cheated as the personalities have changed, but that is because the characters and current story/drama resonates with them. Even if Ocean writes a plausible change, the situation no longer has the same resonance. There is nothing a writer can do but make their own narrative as plausible as possible, as authentic as possible. Katie as bratty step sister is the easiest change in my mind. For other people it is narrative suicide. We're currently not judging the story on what Ocean has written, but on fear of change.

I think that when ch4 arrives, Ocean will have effectively patched the script for the first 3 chapters, leading us naturally into whatever revelations will occur when William and Leia talk. As far as there being enough drama? Hell no. More is more. If it's well written, keep me on the edge of my seat. Give me suspense, give me more engaging story. Integrate the changes so that they are part of the bedrock, not a patch. Be wholehearted and convincing. How that happens, well, we have to wait, see and hope Ocean knows what he wants to do.

The sad thing is that the expectations of supporters who were funding something going in one direction, have had that direction changed. To me that is not cool, but that is the danger of being a patron - after all, it's not ordering from Amazon.

I find it interesting that of the complaints, no one is really caring that much that Leia is confirmed as William's natual sister. It just shows how much Katie is the best girl.
Sorry, English is not my native language and sometimes I struggle to make my point. Is not fear of change that worry me, I fear that Ocean will not change the story enough. The man already reworked this story and after 3(?) years finally is done with the SG rework, I can not imagine he is keen and go back and rework -again- the story to make a nuke like William discovers that he is adopt a bedrock instead of a patch, and I don't think he should. Have them know from a young age they are adopt or have them being adopt as a 5/6 years old, there is ways that this change may even strengthen the taboo aspect of the Twins relationship,there is a number of ways to implement this change with out disrupt the flow of the story, it just happens that I think having William discovering that now, is not one of them.

About the drama I agree, I just don't think it is worth have more drama over the flow of the story. I think that Patreon took the news better than I thought it would, which is a nice thing, shows that they believe in Ocean and his view. I think that Leia is not mentioned much because she should be the least affect by the change, Helen, Katie maybe Scarlet suffers much more. That said their dynamics should change as well, just to a lesser extent.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Nothing is ever set in stone with Ocean.
00016-meinamix_meinaV11.jpeg
Now he is forced to get Miru and William married, so that the family's secret martial art extends to the Zanes.
Furthermore, one of these three options must necessarily happen:
William puts a bibi in Miru's wombi (60%)
Someone else puts a bibi in Miru's wombi (30%)
Leia gets pregnant by an Asian dude (10%)
Ayua_Treat_2.png

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
View attachment 3862532
Now he is forced to get Miru and William married, so that the family's secret martial art extends to the Zanes.
Furthermore, one of these three options must necessarily happen:
William puts a bibi in Miru's wombi (60%)
Someone else puts a bibi in Miru's wombi (30%)
Leia gets pregnant by an Asian dude (10%)
View attachment 3862536
Why put bibi's in wombi's in a world where everyone is adopted? :ROFLMAO:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Sorry, English is not my native language and sometimes I struggle to make my point. Is not fear of change that worry me, I fear that Ocean will not change the story enough. The man already reworked this story and after 3(?) years finally is done with the SG rework, I can not imagine he is keen and go back and rework -again- the story to make a nuke like William discovers that he is adopt a bedrock instead of a patch, and I don't think he should. Have them know from a young age they are adopt or have them being adopt as a 5/6 years old, there is ways that this change may even strengthen the taboo aspect of the Twins relationship,there is a number of ways to implement this change with out disrupt the flow of the story, it just happens that I think having William discovering that now, is not one of them.

About the drama I agree, I just don't think it is worth have more drama over the flow of the story. I think that Patreon took the news better than I thought it would, which is a nice thing, shows that they believe in Ocean and his view. I think that Leia is not mentioned much because she should be the least affect by the change, Helen, Katie maybe Scarlet suffers much more. That said their dynamics should change as well, just to a lesser extent.
Oh I understood that, to me it's not a question of what Ocean chooses, so much as him doing it wholeheartedly and well. I can think of so many ways - if he wants a source of tension, he can go one way, if he wants to just simply slip into a simple adoption change with no fuss, he can have it. The important thing is to be consistent and really check the continuity. I'm in favour of the minimal approach, because I'm interested in the story progress.

Is that an unpopular opinion? Sorry, English is not my native language
We're in the middle of an argument that's been ongoing for a while about whether Ocean has just short his story in the foot, or whether the changes in his recent devlog can sensibly work. And we're mostly sarcastic about it, so welcome, don't mind us :)

Why put bibi's in wombi's in a world where everyone is adopted? :ROFLMAO:
Even storks gotta take them days off from catching the wormies :sneaky:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Bob...a lot of things were set in the other game as well...and then they weren't :LOL:

Nothing is ever set in stone with Ocean. Which is my only issue with him, his creative decisions. I hate all the retconning bs.
Ocean is a true artist, blessed with vision and the ability to create outstanding art but it comes along with the usual crazyness and unpredictability of great artists :ROFLMAO:

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I've read the many comments you've made since the last devlog, and I have to say I understand everyone's arguments and counter arguments, I can't even find fault with your logic. But it seems to me that sometimes you all tend to overdo the what ifs..., maybe..., perhaps..., and forget the small thing that WiaB is an incomplete AVN, that is constantly e, I have patience, I can wait, and when the new chapter is released, I'm going to play with it. For me, it is a simple, and easy choice.

Why is this even a question? :ROFLMAO:

Katie :love::love::love:
Not gonna lie, I will find hilarious if the tread spend this much time discussion all the implications and motives for the change, being more active than I have see for a while. To the evil modder release the patch in 24h of the lauch of the update.

• Haha
Reactions: BobTheDuck
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes