4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Don't be disingenuous Mavi... You know damn well Patreon does care about incest. And Ocean knows too since WiAB was banned from there. I don't know how he will tackle the Leia issue, maybe delay any sort of sexual content for the foreseeable future.

It's crystal clear that he intends to streamline both WiAB and SG. He clearly does not want to keep publishing different versions of the game for each platform depending on their TOS because he fucking knows they can change their minds at any point and ban the game.

He wants a single version of both games that complies to the TOS of all platforms where he publishes the game. That's what pisses me off. Anyone with integrity and true love for their story would look for a distribution means that fits their game. Ocean chose to fit his games to the distribution platforms. All power to him, make that money. I just will never be able to support him myself.
Except - he can't publish WiaB on patreon, that option's already gone. Keeping incest in Leia's story line dismisses all the arguments about sanitising if he's keeping Leia as a sister and still a LI. THe only thing is whether she remains a LI. If he's borked it, well... it's his choice ultimately, if he thinks rebooting it for a third time will be more stable....

It's already clear there is romantic interest between Willi and Leia. I can't imagine how he'd spin it without that. Ch4 will let us know if he's keeping Leia as a LI and sister, or whether he's going sanitised.

If he thinks he can clean it up enough for patron and have anything interesting left from the corpse of a neutered and cannabilised script... well, I guess we'll see.

My initial comment is also far from the landlady/tennant comment - I was more providing context to someone who doesn't seem to have caught on to Ocean's recent news. The aesthetics of how this change plays out will be watched closely.

To be honest, I only really care that Katie is feisty and doesn't put on the pounds, and Wiliam gets to be some sort of GI Joe gangsta bro. Thta's enough for me to enjoy - still better than a significant number of tropes used as plot lines in the latest releases here.

Reactions: RNasc4444

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I'm not being, just stating facts you clearly do not want to accept. Patreon doesn't matter....it's not on there anymore is it? So again, can only conclude, if incest is the real issue (and he future proofing any Steam/Gog issues) and he doesn't even want any sniff of it at all (conversation or otherwise) in SG (because...Patreon)...that only leads us back to point 2.
Actually you're right. I'm not gonna delete my post and I 100% still believe and mean everything I said but the Leia issue, as it stands, provides a strong counter-argument.

There is no doubt in my mind that incest is the reason for these changes. There is no doubt in my mind that the original story involved people from SG being children of an incestuous relationship and that is why the relationships changed/are changing. Making the twins adopted simplifies things. All he has to do now is make sure that no one in either game is the biological child of both Willi and Leia.

Problem solved.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Actually you're right. I'm not gonna delete my post and I 100% still believe and mean everything I said but the Leia issue, as it stands, provides a strong counter-argument.

There is no doubt in my mind that incest is the reason for these changes. There is no doubt in my mind that the original story involved people from SG being children of an incestuous relationship and that is why the relationships changed/are changing. Making the twins adopted simplifies things. All he has to do now is make sure that no one in either game is the biological child of both Willi and Leia.

Problem solved.
I do agree with this logic, Ocean's reference to season 2 makes me think his reason is SG season 2, not WiaB S2, and possibly making Ayua a LI, with her more 'promiscuous' attire. But this is all unknown, and we'll see it play out. If the new story is compelling, I'm fine with it. Compelling can be so many different things ...mostly Katie though.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Compelling can be so many different things ...mostly Katie though.
Katie right now (along with Kat) is the defining reason to stay interested in this. I was a never a Leia fan anyway but if he does gut this and strike her off as a LI, it will just be another nail in the coffin of this VN...which would be a real shame.

When I start saying shit like that....you need to start worrying.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Katie right now (along with Kat) is the defining reason to stay interested in this. I was a never a Leia fan anyway but if he does gut this and strike her off as a LI, it will just be another nail in the coffin of this VN...which would be a real shame.

Don't think that will happen. Even Ocean must realize how strong and engaging the current dynamic is between Katie and William.

What you, Bob, myself and every other Katie fan should be worried about is her size in future renders given Ocean's tendencies to add volume to female characters. Thankfully we all know she will eventually turn out to be a normal sized/shaped, extremely hot 40 year old.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

I'm most keen on the building empire aspect, shadow ops with Miru side of things. It it's well done of course. If it goes at lease a little Natural Born Killers, I think that would still keep me engaged. Also, Daphne'sm story. I really want to know what her deal is and why Willi's moving hit's her so hard. Ocean's focused so hard on Leia being cold and remote so far, it's hard to regret what ever he does to her path right now. Katie is the only one reaaly flirting, maybe Gina. SO there's no real sexual tension except from Katie (Helen's vibe feels tacked on and like a trope).

Reactions: Maviarab

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I'm most keen on the building empire aspect, shadow ops with Miru side of things. It it's well done of course. If it goes at lease a little Natural Born Killers, I think that would still keep me engaged. Also, Daphne'sm story. I really want to know what her deal is and why Willi's moving hit's her so hard. Ocean's focused so hard on Leia being cold and remote so far, it's hard to regret what ever he does to her path right now. Katie is the only one reaaly flirting, maybe Gina. SO there's no real sexual tension except from Katie (Helen's vibe feels tacked on and like a trope).
You mean there is no sexual tension between William and Leia ?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You mean there is no sexual tension between William and Leia ?
There's tension there, but it feels far more like aggression than sexual. William is only slighly flirty in a couple of moments, whereas almost every interaction with Katie has multiple moments of flirting from both sides, depending on what you choose.

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
There's tension there, but it feels far more like aggression than sexual. William is only slighly flirty in a couple of moments, whereas almost every interaction with Katie has multiple moments of flirting from both sides, depending on what you choose.
I don't quite agree, I think that it is more of a back and forth. She is aggressive than flirty, then cold, back to aggressive. For me demonstrates that she does not know how to deal with William, how to behave because she is unsure of what she wants. But there is much sexual tension, from the pool talk at Ch1 to the police station talk in Ch3.While Kate is more constant, they are constantly teasing each other.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I don't quite agree, I think that it is more of a back and forth. She is aggressive than flirty, then cold, back to aggressive. For me demonstrates that she does not know how to deal with William, how to behave because she is unsure of what she wants. But there is much sexual tension, from the pool talk at Ch1 to the police station talk in Ch3.While Kate is more constant, they are constantly teasing each other.
On the one hand I can see (we really have to forget everything we think we know) what Bob says. If you take away the info that they had a love/sexual relationship, would any of that be noticeable by cutting half a scene and about 15 dialogues?

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
On the one hand I can see (we really have to forget everything we think we know) what Bob says. If you take away the info that they had a love/sexual relationship, would any of that be noticeable by cutting half a scene and about 15 dialogues?
I really don't know. Possibly ? Is hard because I can't forget what I know, so I can't really truthfully answer the question. I think that even if I could forget what I know and Ocean changes the script, there still would be a hole in the story. Maybe it is a Theseus Ship situation, how much can a story change and still be the same story ? Remove Leia as a LI, completely changes her as a character and the story, at least from my perspective. So if Ocean decides to go this route, this interactions will not be simply
recontextualized, they will be out of place, comments like: " how does she dare takes what is mine" and others, even the frame of the scenes... I don't know if is my knowledge is tainting my view or not. As the game currently is thought, I would argue that there is plenty of sexual tension between the two, about how it will be tomorrow, only Ocean can say. And maybe not even him.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I really don't know. Possibly ? Is hard because I can't forget what I know, so I can't really truthfully answer the question. I think that even if I could forget what I know and Ocean changes the script, there still would be a hole in the story. Maybe it is a Theseus Ship situation, how much can a story change and still be the same story ? Remove Leia as a LI, completely changes her as a character and the story, at least from my perspective. So if Ocean decides to go this route, this interactions will not be simply
recontextualized, they will be out of place, comments like: " how does she dare takes what is mine" and others, even the frame of the scenes... I don't know if is my knowledge is tainting my view or not. As the game currently is thought, I would argue that there is plenty of sexual tension between the two, about how it will be tomorrow, only Ocean can say. And maybe not even him.
But those dialogues and interactions would not exist, the dialogues will change, maybe some scenes will change. What we mean is, it's too easy to rewrite the story so that it only seems that Leia is angry with her brother for abandoning her, and not for anything else. Anyway, we have to wait, nothing is written yet, maybe by January or February we will have the answers.

Reactions: LHDLLB

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
But those dialogues and interactions would not exist, the dialogues will change, maybe some scenes will change. What we mean is, it's too easy to rewrite the story so that it only seems that Leia is angry with her brother for abandoning her, and not for anything else. Anyway, we have to wait, nothing is written yet, maybe by January or February we will have the answers.
I get that. but is not only Leia -William scenes that will have to change. Are everything that makes reference to it. It will be in essence another rebut, it will be worse than how SG S1. Or maybe not. I don't know man. We have to wait and see, as you have said.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
This is what I'm getting at, because historically I remember old WiaB too much, so there's always a part of me that assumes William and Leia's relationship is the same as that. Take all of that away though, and we have a couple of flashbacks of William being self interested, and past Leia was the one pushing him into a relationship, while current Leia is pushing him away. There's coldness and resentment from her as her main attitude. Compare that to Katie where there is playfulness in the flirting, sometimes coldness or anger, but sometimes there are charming moments. There are no charming moments with Leia right now, nothing like that one flashback in current time. She is basically antagonistic and adversarial, always confrontational. In the scene by the pool, it feels like Leia is more trying to hurt William for his infidelities than seduce him, and that's the tension I'm finding.

The other thing at play, is that WIlliam has reverted to what he last knew of each character, and is reminding them of their previous frame of reference - ie Sven the bibi, Dana/Jabba, Katie/fish etc. He's trying to re-establish where he left off, but remember what he says at the farm about Leia seeing him as just a dumb meathead - he's got to make sure she thinks he's only chasing tail and can't think. His whole attitude with Miru is to find out, push Leia's buttons and manipulate her so he's not the one being played.

As sorco is saying, everything is early days and changing. We have to find out if Ocean is keeping Leia as a LI, what the new dynamic is. We really need chapter 4 to work these things out.

Reactions: Dr.TSoni and LHDLLB

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
This is what I'm getting at, because historically I remember old WiaB too much, so there's always a part of me that assumes William and Leia's relationship is the same as that. Take all of that away though, and we have a couple of flashbacks of William being self interested, and past Leia was the one pushing him into a relationship, while current Leia is pushing him away. There's coldness and resentment from her as her main attitude. Compare that to Katie where there is playfulness in the flirting, sometimes coldness or anger, but sometimes there are charming moments. There are no charming moments with Leia right now, nothing like that one flashback in current time. She is basically antagonistic and adversarial, always confrontational. In the scene by the pool, it feels like Leia is more trying to hurt William for his infidelities than seduce him, and that's the tension I'm finding.
I understand you, but I don't think that aggressiveness excludes sexual tension. Not uncommon they are side by side, that is why BDSM is a thing, now I am not arguing that this is what that scene entails. But Leia wanting to punishing him does not excludes a sexual tension, she pushes him away but later initiates contact. I don't know what Ocean will do, maybe remove Leia as a LI is a lot simpler than I assume. My point is that, there is plenty of sexual tension in the game, not only that but references to what they did as children, the first 3 chapters leads to the confrontation of the Twins. Now if the sexual tension existis only in my eyes because I have prior knowledge, I can't say, I don't think so. But is not a question that I am able to answer.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I understand you, but I don't think that aggressiveness excludes sexual tension. Not uncommon they are side by side, that is why BDSM is a thing, now I am not arguing that this is what that scene entails. But Leia wanting to punishing him does not excludes a sexual tension, she pushes him away but later initiates contact. I don't know what Ocean will do, maybe remove Leia as a LI is a lot simpler than I assume. My point is that, there is plenty of sexual tension in the game, not only that but references to what they did as children, the first 3 chapters leads to the confrontation of the Twins. Now if the sexual tension existis only in my eyes because I have prior knowledge, I can't say, I don't think so. But is not a question that I am able to answer.
I understand what you're saying also, but if I phrase it like this, the important relationship dynamic for the plot currently is that Leia is antagonistic to William. Katie is going between flirty and antagonistic, and this isn't really central to the plot, although it will affect it. When Katie forgets to be angry, she tries pushing William's buttons just for the hell of it, plenty of teasing both ways. With Leia, William is on guard trying to find out where he stands and Leia is a porcupine, every time she gets close I'm waiting for her to strike. Their dynamic is potentially more important to the plot than the trigger of Helen's accident.

The story implies there is unresolved business between them, 100%, but the tension can be Leia wanting to punish him, using his male 'weakness' against him (as Vanessa would say), but she could be completely uninterested in a sexual aspect of punishment, and solely interested in revenge. She says "how dare Monica take what's mine" but then tries to push William into seducing Monica. This is far more a cold strategy. The emotional outbusts at the police station and at the club feel as likely a response from an abandoned twin sister (who had a mental issue that destroyed her physical health over he twin's absence) as an abandoned LI.

There's nothing that really confirms Leia sees William as an LI right now, and from William's side, is he trying to fix his percieved guilt, or rekindle the flame? Either reading makes sense, each has its own peculiarities. I'd say that when William is talking with Dylan or on his own, and in the scene with Katie in the kitchen after the pooljob, we see calculating William, who is not an idiot. That William is there the whole time, the asshole buffoon is partially a mask (although, yes he is still an asshole at plenty of times).

Reactions: Dark Quean Olivia
4.30 star(s) 188 Votes