4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
with luck SG comes octuber and WiaB december. If you are unlucky only, maybe only next year

All that has been said (by Ocean) is that this is due an update, getting in Steam is a priority and that Sg will be out 'before the end of the year'. Sg is never coming out on October, I'd bet my damn pension on that lol.
Doesn't WiAB usually come out before SG?

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Doesn't WiAB usually come out before SG?
As said, yes, this is due an update now before the next update of SG.

As I've also mentioned before, I think delaying WIAB until next year and even worse, until after yet another SG update will just kill whatever goodwill WIAB fans have left with him. He simply can't afford that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr.TSoni

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
As said, yes, this is due an update now before the next update of SG.

As I've also mentioned before, I think delaying WIAB until next year and even worse, until after yet another SG update will just kill whatever goodwill WIAB fans have left with him. He simply can't afford that.
I can't agree with the latter, if Ocean's math is accurate, less than 100 people would be "fans" of WIAB (those who moved from the defunct Patreon page to SS). Few people to disappoint, other than the wishlist (last time I asked him he said "the expected, maybe a little more than that").
So yes, Ocean can afford that.

• Sad
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I can't agree with the latter, if Ocean's math is accurate, less than 100 people would be "fans" of WIAB (those who moved from the defunct Patreon page to SS). Few people to disappoint, other than the wishlist (last time I asked him he said "the expected, maybe a little more than that").
So yes, Ocean can afford that.
You do need to take into account the amount that won't leave Patreon, can't join SS and those that simply don't want another system to be paying into.

The longer this takes for an update, the longer it is not on Steam...so 100 fans? Sure....not on Steam, no, he cannot afford that as he will also get cross-over sales on Steam and even more fans. In fact, the debacle shows itself....fuck WIAB over, take your time, concentrate on SG...showed how many paying supporters he still had left for this (I myself used to be one before this became the ignored middle child).

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
You do need to take into account the amount that won't leave Patreon, can't join SS and those that simply don't want another system to be paying into.

The longer this takes for an update, the longer it is not on Steam...so 100 fans? Sure....not on Steam, no, he cannot afford that as he will also get cross-over sales on Steam and even more fans. In fact, the debacle shows itself....fuck WIAB over, take your time, concentrate on SG...showed how many paying supporters he still had left for this.
Here we enter another leg of the debate, everything you collect from Steam will be "fresh", whether it is 100, 1000 or 10000.

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Ask the question what does he do if he starts to lose a lot support for SG on patron would you rather have super long update cycle or no more updates for wiab at this point SG pays his bills and helps keeps wiab alive

Reactions: AlexFXR

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ask the question what does he do if he starts to lose a lot support for SG on patron would you rather have super long update cycle or no more updates for wiab at this point SG pays his bills and helps keeps wiab alive
Are you trying to be smart or start an old argument?

At this point, there's no really not much difference is there, we already have overly long update cycles for a Vn which came before Sg and was once the priority, so...*shrugs*

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Why ask the question? He's not losing support, he's had a pretty steady number of patrons for SG for around a year. Sure it fluctuates, but it's not a question that needs to be asked because he's not losing them.

Why would anyone (in this WiaB thread) want Ocean to stop WiaB and focus on SG?

Ocean will do the the things he needs to to make sure his overall story will get told.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Why ask the question? He's not losing support, he's had a pretty steady number of patrons for SG for around a year. Sure it fluctuates, but it's not a question that needs to be asked because he's not losing them.

Why would anyone (in this WiaB thread) want Ocean to stop WiaB and focus on SG?

Ocean will do the the things he needs to to make sure his overall story will get told.
Oh no, he's losing all support again? Last time he lost all support after the release on Steam, as a wandering expert in the SG thread brilliantly proved. And it's happening again? I can't bear it a second time. Bob, gimme your whiskey, quickly!

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
There is an easy way to increase interest, just plagiarize Lucas.
The second season of SG opens with Nika asking Nojiko for explanations for the events of the Book Club.
When cornered, Nojiko reveals that her parents died because of the Zanes, shocked by this revelation Nika uses training with Ayua to confront the Zane patriarch. Now comes the important part the dialogue must be perfect:

William: Nojiko never told you what happened to your father.
Nika: She told me enough! She told me you killed him!
William: No. I am your father.
Luke: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
William: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
Nika: No! No!

Instant masterpiece
miguel-el-dorado-funny-faces-491lxw6f4kpaxfml.gif

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Oh no, he's losing all support again? Last time he lost all support after the release on Steam, as a wandering expert in the SG thread brilliantly proved. And it's happening again? I can't bear it a second time. Bob, gimme your whiskey, quickly!
But, He lost all support... at least on WIAB front... :p
And... why all the people are talking like insane to the wall?:ROFLMAO:

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
But, He lost all support... at least on WIAB front... :p
And... why all the people are talking like insane to the wall?:ROFLMAO:
Talking with the copypaste is a tradition. You should respect it. :cautious:

By the way, I recently saw 3 Auroras at SS, I wonder if they migrated from patreon or if these are new pledges.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Talking with the copypaste is a tradition. You should respect it. :cautious:

By the way, I recently saw 3 Auroras at SS, I wonder if they migrated from patreon or if these are new pledges.
From what I saw, they are users that were already there, one as soon as the possibility was opened (even before WIAB was banned from patreon).

Reactions: yossa999

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
There is an easy way to increase interest, just plagiarize Lucas.
The second season of SG opens with Nika asking Nojiko for explanations for the events of the Book Club.
When cornered, Nojiko reveals that her parents died because of the Zanes, shocked by this revelation Nika uses training with Ayua to confront the Zane patriarch. Now comes the important part the dialogue must be perfect:

William: Nojiko never told you what happened to your father.
Nika: She told me enough! She told me you killed him!
William: No. I am your father.
Luke: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
William: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
Nika: No! No!

Instant masterpiece
View attachment 3931122
Okay, think about it, if the mayority of SG pledger dont give a fuck about WIAB, why a new comer from Steam will see that like a master piece?
Sorry, i wake up with a bad energy today :p

• Haha
Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Okay, think about it, if the mayority of SG pledger dont give a fuck about WIAB, why a new comer from Steam will see that like a master piece?
Sorry, i wake up with a bad energy today :p
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a log with not-quite-enough info to add extra spicy frustration to your days soon enough. Coffee is the answer to bad mornings around the world anyway :coffee::whistle:

4.30 star(s) 188 Votes