Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
First of all, I've been following where the heart is, now for almost 2 years and I have to say, it still has the charm and fun of trying out all possible constellations with the girls in every new update. A really great mysterious game about the last will of MC's father. Outstanding work by Cheeky, Ace and Cell.

Interestingly enough, I wrote my theory about who is the third in the will exactly almost a year ago on this day. Unfortunately I couldn't find my original post anymore. Maybe it was accidentally deleted but luckily my answer was quoted at the time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ghostload

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for the theory.

I'm almost certain this is it.

I really hope acewinz doesn't change the story at the last minute because of this.

Also, I had no idea that there was a you-know-what in that place of residence.

Reactions: Wonder Wolf

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I really hope acewinz doesn't change the story at the last minute because of this.
Cheeky had the main plot of this story laid out from the start, and while small details have changed/been fleshed out, and chars have evolved, we have no plans on changing anything major in regard to the overarching plot, even if people pick apart all the real clues we leave to come to figure out what is going on. That is why we leave clues and foreshadowing in the first place! The MC may be relatively clueless at times (something of a necessity for storytelling), but the player isn't (nor should be, they have access to more information and time to process it than the MC), and that is all as intended. Plus even though there are plenty of theories here that may or may not have some things right. There is always still some surprises in store. = )

I also experienced one game (probably more) that did change some main elements of the story (or characters) because I and others picked up on things and publicly theorized such, and it really not only hurt the story by making the previous foreshadowing worthless, but it hurt the character too. It is not pleasant and we wouldn't pull that crap.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Wow. Just saw that my review for WTHI was the second one ever. I knew I was one of the first, definitely on the first page of reviews, but I honestly didn't remember that I got mine in so early.
Initially it was only a 4-star review, some stuff like one-decision game endings and a rushed timeline at the start, held the game back a little, but a few episodes in, I changed my review to a five and since then never even considered changing that again.

Wow (again), more than 4 years now. If only people stopped replying to my posts as if I didn't know the game. But OTOH, why should I fare better than Cheeky himself? :cool:

Thanks to Cheeky, Ace, Cell and everybody else ever involved for giving me many hours of sexy entertainment.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Soo.. in last episode I keep seeing those lines about hinting relationship between Monica, Kate etc.. ofc in my case it went bad, as I saw lines like 'your past actions made Kate suspicious about Monica' :LOL:, but anyway, does it mean we can expect some family harem ending? Despite of MC fucking everything that moves in this game, I didn't have any hope for that earlier, but chap 22 certainly gives me some.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Soo.. in last episode I keep seeing those lines about hinting relationship between Monica, Kate etc.. ofc in my case it went bad, as I saw lines like 'your past actions made Kate suspicious about Monica' :LOL:, but anyway, does it mean we can expect some family harem ending? Despite of MC fucking everything that moves in this game, I didn't have any hope for that earlier, but chap 22 certainly gives me some.
If your suspicious score is low enough Monica will accept you fooled around with other girls but jokes about as long as not her girls....

Katie will accept you fooled around with Monica (if you downplay it somewhat), and will accept you did Jenna too (as long as you downplay it somewhat)...

There is a gym scene with Katie and Jenna where the cat come out of the bag... Jenna is the bigger (pervert) driving factor for pushing for sharing the mc with Katie. So I would assume any chance of an "all in the family", Jenna would be the one convincing Monica somehow...

If you been stuffing your dick in any lewd shit you came across.... I suspect you could be down on your luck :ROFLMAO:

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
If your suspicious score is low enough Monica will accept you fooled around with other girls but jokes about as long as not her girls....

Katie will accept you fooled around with Monica (if you downplay it somewhat), and will accept you did Jenna too (as long as you downplay it somewhat)...

There is a gym scene with Katie and Jenna where the cat come out of the bag... Jenna is the bigger (pervert) driving factor for pushing for sharing the mc with Katie. So I would assume any chance of an "all in the family", Jenna would be the one convincing Monica somehow...

If you been stuffing your dick in any lewd shit you came across.... I suspect you could be down on your luck :ROFLMAO:
Well I did collet'em all like Pokemon :LOL: So Kate breakup was perfectly understandable. But I don't mind replaying game in a bit different way, especially later, if that ending will become reality

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well I did collet'em all like Pokemon :LOL: So Kate breakup was perfectly understandable. But I don't mind replaying game in a bit different way, especially later, if that ending will become reality
That's why you will end up with Jigglypuff and fall asleep alone :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: zaqrwe

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Just played this episode and while it was interesting and I liked it, I found it to be a little brief compared to others.
The average line count for the 5 Eps before this one were 8-10k lines and around 800 images give or take, except for the last ep that had 1280 images (some Eps had more vids than others when we didn't use the built in renpy system for the animations, so the image count can vary considerably).

EP 22 was 12.5k lines and 1250 images (and 3 vids). Pretty sure it is our largest ever by 20% if you go by line count with the last 2 being too close to call on images alone. Your mileage may vary by path, how many girls you are seeing, and how many alternate paths were involved in an EP. Needless to say though, this one overran a bit more than we would have liked. Hence the slight delay in pushing it out/QC'ing it... along with some other things being an inconvenience. :p

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The average line count for the 5 Eps before this one were 8-10k lines and around 800 images give or take, except for the last ep that had 1280 images (some Eps had more vids than others when we didn't use the built in renpy system for the animations, so the image count can vary considerably).

EP 22 was 12.5k lines and 1250 images (and 3 vids). Pretty sure it is our largest ever by 20% if you go by line count with the last 2 being too close to call on images alone. Your mileage may vary by path, how many girls you are seeing, and how many alternate paths were involved in an EP. Needless to say though, this one overran a bit more than we would have liked. Hence the slight delay in pushing it out/QC'ing it... along with some other things being an inconvenience. :p
Yeah, I thought about it after I posted that and I think the reason why it felt so short is because there are so many paths you can take, and this episode is where you break up with the girls you don't want which means you don't see their interactions and thus, it is much shorter.

I may have to replay it and just whore myself out and go for ALL of them and see how that plays out. LOL. I played a path where I focused on only two of the girls, but I do have a save I haven't touched since episode 20 that is a "do them all" type of path. There's just certain females in this that do not appeal to me at all, or I don't trust 'em.

I don't envy the DEV in the amount of work he creates for himself with so many paths though, so koodos to him. I DO like the story, don't get me wrong.

DyreMezza

Jul 29, 2018
Always a pleasure to go back to this game after every update
I think i will continue with my choices till the end but i see me right after that already having a new game to try out other choices and paths:love:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Was it possible to keep all of the girls AND get all of the best scenes in this update?

There appears to be a pathing issue with Lily we had reported that I think is going to require some fixing. It got past QC because of a separate error with the quickstart unfortunately (our primary tool for testing, where the "path" is achievable).
I also hate to go into detail, but I suppose it isn't spoiling too much. But if you want to avoid that, just wait for our patch/next update to come out and replay the scene (we may even ask a question at the start of next EP to fix it, we will see).

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Oh, as another public service announcement. For those of you who are patreons... we are letting you decide what Jenna is going to wear during the next scene with her, the
, coming EP23. So take a look, join up, vote, etc if you want. We will likely do 2 polls, one to narrow down to three options, and another with the final three.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
Finally played through it. I love the Play Any Episode feature, because I try more different stuff than I'd normally do.

I have always believed that Bella is Dizzy. And nothing about this episode changes that. I feel like her story at the Beach House is mostly a lie. Even the security telling the MC that the person that tried to get in the BH called herself Elaine, I'd bet money that was Bella using her name.

But the question becomes why? Bella has seemed like she very much wants in that BH for some reason? Did his dad by leaving him that BH give his son a big unknown trump card?

I've seen some people mention Lilly. That could be interesting because her and Debbie have the least amount of hurdles and stakes involved, if you are romancing them. Maybe Lilly's parents will provide some resistance? But I doubt it will be much.

In one playthrough I invented Jo to stay at the BH just to see the interaction with her and Bella. And I didn't see any red flags? Just maybe that they were immediately confrontational with each other. But let's be real that's how a lot of women act towards each other, lol.

And honestly if I was the MC? I'd keep both houses, sell one of them for probably like a Million dollars or more? And then say Fuck the rest of this nonsense.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes