NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
I think 'YOU' confused the colloquial 'you' for 'everyone'. He was not writing in the sense of classic Supply and Demand economics. He was directly addressing 'you'. Ergo that 'your' viewpoint is not the only one that matters. Unless of course you want to completely bankroll a dev and team then that is called being President, CEO and CFO all in one. And, in that instance, 'you' are correct that only 'your' view matters. It seems however, that 'you' are not bankrolling Cheeky and Team and therefore, Cheeky and Team can do what THEY want. No matter what 'you' want. They are exercising THEIR opportunity to see what the Demand is and if THEY can Supply it. Seems to be working also.
Well some people want incest in it (whether original dev's want it or not), hence the incest mod, so now everyone is happy (don't want incest = don't use the mod).

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
LOL, yeah, because incest games are so rare... :ROFLMAO: :FacePalm:
Out of 30k+ AVN's in existence that I know of only about 3.5% (1100ish) have blood-relative incest (not step-shit) in them, so yeah, relatively rare (no pun intended). Esp if you want them with 1080p Daz or better renders and not Honey Select or looking like 480p Japanese Hentai made in the 1990's.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Well, I'm enjoying the incest/mom-and 2-sisters mod for it just fine. Otherwise it's boring vanilla and a dime a dozen, at least to me.
Well some people want incest in it (whether original dev's want it or not), hence the incest mod, so now everyone is happy (don't want incest = don't use the mod).
You DO realize I hope, that virtually every game that utilizes an ipatch do so because the game is written for it from the beginning, this game isn't which the inconsistencies in the ipatch shows.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
You DO realize I hope, that virtually every game that utilizes an ipatch do so because the game is written for it from the beginning, this game isn't which the inconsistencies in the ipatch shows.
I didn't notice any. Of course I never bothered much with the unmodded version to compare. Text matches all the renders so far as of ep9 I've gotten to, so mission accomplished, even if all the text had to be rewritten to the point the story is barely recognizable from the original anymore (likely since the mom the MC is fucking is dead in the original and instead it's a mom's friend), it's not simply a 10kb name-changing script. Had I not found the incest mod I was just gonna skip it and try the next loli/incest AVN in my list.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
"I think he's dead Jim (the horse)."

It's all good though, we do understand, it's just a dead horse here.

Jul 14, 2021
Haven't played this game for a few updates and decided to see what's been added.

First off the movie night scene if you are sleeping with all three women is amusing...till you get caught, lol.

Second is it a bug with the Lily date night in season 22 with her getting mad at the MC? I never did anything with carni girl and rebuffed her at every choice but Lily first hugs the MC from behind, then confronts carni girl, but then accuses the MC of being unfaithful then running out? So confused.

Looking forward to seeing how the game resolves a lot of the storylines. Especially the will/Elaine/gold digger story. Admittedly the game has me questioning if the MC can trust half of the women in the game.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Too late, already found an incest mod for it in another thread. Redoes the entire story and most of the dialog/text to where mom and 2 sisters fit perfectly fine. Only downside is the mod only goes to ep21 so will have to wait a bit longer for the mod for ep22. Must not be much of a minority if the demand is high enough to justify such an extensive incest mod being made for it.
A game with no incest with an incest mod? No way? You're like so cool for finding that. Go talk to them on that thread about it.

Vannhh

Aug 3, 2021
Haven't played this game for a few updates and decided to see what's been added.

First off the movie night scene if you are sleeping with all three women is amusing...till you get caught, lol.

Second is it a bug with the Lily date night in season 22 with her getting mad at the MC? I never did anything with carni girl and rebuffed her at every choice but Lily first hugs the MC from behind, then confronts carni girl, but then accuses the MC of being unfaithful then running out? So confused.

Looking forward to seeing how the game resolves a lot of the storylines. Especially the will/Elaine/gold digger story. Admittedly the game has me questioning if the MC can trust half of the women in the game.
Weird, Lily didn't run away from me and I never did anything with carnie either?

I'm kind of sad that the game is starting to wrap up to be honest. The characters are so awesomely written that I it's one of those few pieces of media that I wish could go on in perpetuity. This is definitely my most favourite VN. Nothing else really compares.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
This could be due to dialog changes in the walkthrough mod, but I am not aware of how they have changed things. It could just be our original content, but if you figure out if it is us I'd like to hear what you think is awkward/weird?
I know this is a reply to an older comment...

I kind of feel the same about the game getting "awkward/weird", and it has nothing to do with the writing being awkward or weird (actually, the opposite)... but the thing is... the game kind of encourages you to engage with as many women as possible, yes, you can reject everyone or pick and choose, but the game is long, REALLY long and rejecting too many characters can make for a somewhat lackluster experience. I also had the hardest time to even reject one character, since the game kept throwing her at me again and again and AGAIN, even though I wanted nothing to do with her. So I had to keep refusing her advances but still keep things friendly with her, which can get a bit tedious.
But if you don't pick and choose only a few characters you - the player - may eventually reach a point where all the more or less honest declarations of love to all those women will make you feel very uneasy, because this game is NOT a harem game and you will eventually have to break up with several or almost all of those women whom you told in so many words that you're very serious about them. In short: it makes you feel like a complete asshole. Not because the writing is bad, but because you, via the MC, have become a sleazeball that romances everyone and who plays with the emotions of the love interests who (kind of) believe you are their only one. I mean after the first romantic beach house scene with Katie... (and if you like her of course) it gets increasingly difficult to keep engaging with the other women... but if you don't... things can get very boring, because Katie only has so many scenes and is absent for long stretches (like all the other characters).

I feel games like WTHI would greatly benefit from either... being a true (silly) harem game (but that is usually very unrealistic and I actually appreciate the approach here!) or having far fewer potential love interests that make an (eventual) solo route something that is worth playing. If someone solos Debbie... good luck, you will have to read entire phonebooks worth of dialogue and will have entire episodes with zero scenes. That usually does not make for a satisfying experience. Debbie is an extreme example, but even a solo Katie route will result in long stretches of zero scenes with her.

In other words, depending on what kind of person you are romancing almost everyone in this game will make you feel very awkward and weird, because it is not alright, it's very wrong actually. If you don't project any emotions into the game and characters and treat them as the imaginary pixel toys they are it's certainly different.

I will probably resort to to the schizophrenic tactic of engaging with as many women as possible (the ones that I like - so that the actual game doesn't become too boring for long stretches) and when complete disaster falls upon the MC I will just restart the chapter where things begin to turn south and set the variables so there is a Katie (or maybe Debbie) solo path. But playing like that is actually awkward and weird.

Too many VNs have this issue... too many love interests, solo paths punish players with lack of scenes or lack of content, so you are heavily encouraged to catch 'em all until you have to make a decision... but that can easily make someone feel like a complete douchebag if you'd rather actually be on a solo path, ESPECIALLY when it's not a harem game. And extremely long games like WTHI suffer from this issue a lot more. I want to see the poor person who has the mental fortitude to play a Debbie solo path without ever fooling around with anyone else (unless it's mandated by the story or a requirement to get to Debbie) and won't die of boredom or utter despair.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Your life is as complicated as you make it for yourself.
You live in a house with other people.
Sure enpough, you wanna uphill battle your neighbors, feel the misery and the rejection,
go 4 it, your choice, your chore.
the game kind of encourages you to engage with as many women as possible, yes, you can reject everyone or pick and choose, but the game is long, REALLY long and rejecting too many characters can make for a somewhat lackluster experience.
You work in place with other people, you interact with the same vendors, same clerks, same barrista.
You either make friends and be open to benefits, or they tag you the grinch and good luck living a good life.

Vannhh

Aug 3, 2021
Your life is as complicated as you make it for yourself.
You live in a house with other people.
Sure enpough, you wanna uphill battle your neighbors, feel the misery and the rejection,
go 4 it, your choice, your chore.

You work in place with other people, you interact with the same vendors, same clerks, same barrista.
You either make friends and be open to benefits, or they tag you the grinch and good luck living a good life.
You both have valid points though. The game does like to hit you over the knuckles for being a playboy, but it also rewards you with the most scenes when you try an lay everyone (up to a point atleast).

Honestly, it just adds to the game imo. In my last play through I did a primarily Lily/Debbie run, so I blew off Monica/Katy/Jenna. My MC did mention going on the spa holiday, but the scene just never happened which sucks quite a bit. It however made me really feel like a dog bit off my balls every single time Jenna showed MC what he missed out on, and then not having the option of going "you know what, I was an idiot get over here" was like getting nails punched through the dick. Thank gawd Lily is best girl so that took out some of the sting.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I know this is a reply to an older comment...

I kind of feel the same about the game getting "awkward/weird", and it has nothing to do with the writing being awkward or weird (actually, the opposite)... but the thing is... the game kind of encourages you to engage with as many women as possible, yes, you can reject everyone or pick and choose, but the game is long, REALLY long and rejecting too many characters can make for a somewhat lackluster experience. I also had the hardest time to even reject one character, since the game kept throwing her at me again and again and AGAIN, even though I wanted nothing to do with her. So I had to keep refusing her advances but still keep things friendly with her, which can get a bit tedious.
But if you don't pick and choose only a few characters you - the player - may eventually reach a point where all the more or less honest declarations of love to all those women will make you feel very uneasy, because this game is NOT a harem game and you will eventually have to break up with several or almost all of those women whom you told in so many words that you're very serious about them. In short: it makes you feel like a complete asshole. Not because the writing is bad, but because you, via the MC, have become a sleazeball that romances everyone and who plays with the emotions of the love interests who (kind of) believe you are their only one. I mean after the first romantic beach house scene with Katie... (and if you like her of course) it gets increasingly difficult to keep engaging with the other women... but if you don't... things can get very boring, because Katie only has so many scenes and is absent for long stretches (like all the other characters).

I feel games like WTHI would greatly benefit from either... being a true (silly) harem game (but that is usually very unrealistic and I actually appreciate the approach here!) or having far fewer potential love interests that make an (eventual) solo route something that is worth playing. If someone solos Debbie... good luck, you will have to read entire phonebooks worth of dialogue and will have entire episodes with zero scenes. That usually does not make for a satisfying experience. Debbie is an extreme example, but even a solo Katie route will result in long stretches of zero scenes with her.

In other words, depending on what kind of person you are romancing almost everyone in this game will make you feel very awkward and weird, because it is not alright, it's very wrong actually. If you don't project any emotions into the game and characters and treat them as the imaginary pixel toys they are it's certainly different.

I will probably resort to to the schizophrenic tactic of engaging with as many women as possible (the ones that I like - so that the actual game doesn't become too boring for long stretches) and when complete disaster falls upon the MC I will just restart the chapter where things begin to turn south and set the variables so there is a Katie (or maybe Debbie) solo path. But playing like that is actually awkward and weird.

Too many VNs have this issue... too many love interests, solo paths punish players with lack of scenes or lack of content, so you are heavily encouraged to catch 'em all until you have to make a decision... but that can easily make someone feel like a complete douchebag if you'd rather actually be on a solo path, ESPECIALLY when it's not a harem game. And extremely long games like WTHI suffer from this issue a lot more. I want to see the poor person who has the mental fortitude to play a Debbie solo path without ever fooling around with anyone else (unless it's mandated by the story or a requirement to get to Debbie) and won't die of boredom or utter despair.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
You both have valid points though. The game does like to hit you over the knuckles for being a playboy, but it also rewards you with the most scenes when you try an lay everyone (up to a point atleast).

Honestly, it just adds to the game imo. In my last play through I did a primarily Lily/Debbie run, so I blew off Monica/Katy/Jenna. My MC did mention going on the spa holiday, but the scene just never happened which sucks quite a bit. It however made me really feel like a dog bit off my balls every single time Jenna showed MC what he missed out on, and then not having the option of going "you know what, I was an idiot get over here" was like getting nails punched through the dick. Thank gawd Lily is best girl so that took out some of the sting.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes