acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
just telling you what i saw happen. i disabled self voicing the game went dead and the exe disappeared.
Oh, I believe you, and renpy is definitely capable of crashing for any number of reasons, but I have never heard of it causing an exe to delete. Even if it happened to me I'd just figure I accidently hit the delete key while the exe was selected or that my anti-virus pulled some false positive shenanigans. Did it happen to end up in your recycling bin?

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Oh, I believe you, and renpy is definitely capable of crashing for any number of reasons, but I have never heard of it causing an exe to delete. Even if it happened to me I'd just figure I accidently hit the delete key while the exe was selected or that my anti-virus pulled some false positive shenanigans. Did it happen to end up in your recycling bin?
usually i would do the same. but in this case my hands where nowhere near the delete keys and i still have the confirmation popup active to avoid deleting like this. as for my virus scanner. the vault is empty and i did not see it trigger. hence i has a confuse :p

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
certainly Bella is more aware of what is going on, as I see Donald's money race from more perspectives, but Jolina innocent is not

remains my prime suspect to be the third heir and Elaine definitely knows her, in fact it is more certain that she knows her and not Bella
in the famous photo Jolina is in Elaine's kitchen (Bella also has access to that kitchen but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is Elaine's kitchen)
My first guess was that Elaine was Jolina's friend. Now I think that Jolina is Bella's helper although I never though that Jo is Dizzy.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I am not so sure about that, because when you show her Elaine's pic with Donald, she's actually shocked at how fugly Donald was. Now it could just be an act or misdirection, but it seems kinda pointless, she was never under any doubt and her actually bringing this up makes the MC a little bit suspicious of her.

I think she was probably shocked because she knew Bella was in some sort of relationship with Donald, and she didn't expect Bella to go for that kind of guy, probably because she's also involved with Bella. But again it's just another wild speculation.

As for Elaine, it's possible she knows Jo, seeing as how she avoids her cafe life the plague. But she could just as easily know her through Bella.
that Bella is the third heir makes little sense because of her behavior, she does everything she can to create a rut between MC and Monica and her family, in this way she only makes it easier for Mc to reach her terms, which means less money for her
and since sooner or later Mc will meet the third heiress even "seducing" him becomes a stupid move

then if Bella were the third heir what role would Jolina play? the confused but good-hearted lesbian? a fairly empty role

it is possible that Elaine knows Jo through Bella, but it can also be the other way around; the certainty is that Elaine knows Jo, she absolutely does not want to meet her (which means "for certain" that Jo knows her too)

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
that Bella is the third heir makes little sense because of her behavior, she does everything she can to create a rut between MC and Monica and her family, in this way she only makes it easier for Mc to reach her terms, which means less money for her
I don't remember Bella trying to cause divide between Monica and MC(although I might forgot something) but recently we see all the time Bella trying to cause discord between Elaine and MC

and since sooner or later Mc will meet the third heiress even "seducing" him becomes a stupid move
Unless seducing him is will condition. For example Bella getting pregnant with MC's child.

then if Bella were the third heir what role would Jolina play? the confused but good-hearted lesbian? a fairly empty role
Jolina doesn't need grand role, she might be down on luck friend/lover who needs money very badly.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't remember Bella trying to cause divide between Monica and MC(although I might forgot something) but recently we see all the time Bella trying to cause discord between Elaine and MC

Unless seducing him is will condition. For example Bella getting pregnant with MC's child.

Jolina doesn't need grand role, she might be down on luck friend/lover who needs money very badly.
Bella is the first to mention how Monica had hit on Donald, prompting him to ask Elaine about it, and then constantly tries to come between mc and katie

Seducing mc would not represent any effort for Bella, it would not be an adequate condition

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Oh, I believe you, and renpy is definitely capable of crashing for any number of reasons, but I have never heard of it causing an exe to delete.
Well, it's been more then 10 years since i quitted being a programmer myself but deleting a file from an operative system is not something that you can do by accident via a sort of bug. It takes a very deliberate system call to act on a file system. Probably, according with the kind of programming language you are using, you need to actively include certain libraries or objects.

Another story might be a save file that gets overwritten so insanely bad that it end up corrupted beyond recovery but it also a veeeery far stretch. It would more easely just end up in a file that your program is no longer able to read productively.

If the exe just puffed out of existance i would bet more on a quaranteen from an antivirus, probably out of a false positive or even some problem with the disk or its file system.

Or the user accidentally deleted it or dragged it in another folder.

Reactions: acewinz

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
Bella is the first to mention how Monica had hit on Donald, prompting him to ask Elaine about it, and then constantly tries to come between mc and katie
Right, but she also makes sure to tell you to ask Elaine yourself first. So at the end of the day you either believe Elaine or Monica. Bella cleverly sidesteps out of any responsibility despite planting the idea in your head. Naturally she'd assumed that the MC would take Monica's word over Elaine, and why on Earth would he not believe Monica over Elaine and his asshole dad.

Also, when you take her to lunch at the French place she asks how it is to reunite with Monica and her daughters after so long, if you tell her it's incredible, she gains love points. But on the other hand, if you tell her that there is some nostalgia but not enough to warrant ...... (sacrificing the money), she takes a big opinion hit.

And I know it's a bit cheap to draw conclusions from the stat page, but the devs decided to give us God's eye, so might as well make use of that.

As for disliking Katie, it could just be because of first impression, and who could blame her for that. Or it could be because of competition. A romanced Katie mentions that Bella looks at the MC the same way she looks at him.

Seducing mc would not represent any effort for Bella, it would not be an adequate condition
Yeah, I don't think that's her condition. Simply because a guy like Donald probably wouldn't want 'his woman' to be with anyone even after his death, especially with his own son.

I think she does that partly because she is genuinely interested in him and partly to ingratiate herself with the MC, so she'll have an easier time poisoning his attitude towards Elaine.

If she knocks out Elaine, she increases her share by 50% assuming of course that she fulfills her condition.

Now, even if the MC learns that she is the GD at the will reading, what the hell can he even do about that? Either he takes the money and run, in which case she still gets 7+ million, or he stays and she gets everything.

Reactions: ename144

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
What could the motivation be though?

a) Dizzy's victory condition hinges on the MC leaving Monica and family or not
b) the victory condition is more about romance, maybe to be in a relationship with the MC or to get pregnant (which also means MC will almost certainly leave Monica and family and get money) - if Bella is Dizzy this scenario seems a bit more likely, i.e. she only gets money if MC is with her and leaves Monica et al. and maybe Donald wanted to create extra incentive for MC to leave Monica and family by having Bella throw herself at him (could be his twisted way of making sure his son does get the money)

What role does that leave for Jolina?

Scenario a) MC has to leave Monica (even if that means Dizzy has to share money with him, but as mentioned maybe asshole Donald wanted to make double sure the MC is not with Monica and family and gets the money)
Jolina romancing the MC makes sense, but why would she be so abrasive and downright hostile at first when he first asks her out? That could have seriously discouraged him. She would be a lot more welcoming of the idea, she would fawn over him. And why would she involve Jenna with anything? That makes no sense.

Scenario b) MC has to stay with Monica (Dizzy may potentially get all the money)
Jolina would be incredibly stupid to romance the MC, he may leave everyone for her, Bella would also be colossaly stupid to pursue the MC, so it's very likely Dizzy's victory condition hinges on the MC leaving Monica and family or at least to be in some kind of romance/relationship/maybe be pregnant with his child, given how she acts towards the MC

And the Beach House is already confirmed to be 100% the MC's property, no matter what, the lawyer explicitly confirms that the 100k, the car and the Beach House will be the MC's, no matter how things with Monica unfold. So I find it unlikely that Bella's victory condition hinges on the Beach House or the MC letting her stay there. Which would also be a very lame condition, the other two conditions we know about come at a great personal cost. So maybe Donald wanting Dizzy to be the MC's girlfriend / mother of his kids could be that personal cost.

But if it's pregnancy or to be in a romance with Dizzy... Jolina would not help at all, unless Jolina herself is Dizzy, or maybe Donald had a threesome with her and Bella and both are Dizzy. If Bella is Dizzy then what could she gain by her ally (Jolina) romancing the MC? Unless her condition is to simply make sure the MC is not with Monica and family, then having an ally could make sense. But why would Jolina then first shoot the MC down when he asks her out on a date and why would she involve Jenna with sexual activities, maybe encouraging a throuple with MC, Jolina and Jenna?

If Jolina is involved I'd really like to know what her angle is, why she is involved and why she behaved the way she did. I cannot see how her involvement makes any sense here, given her behavior.
Unless Jolina is more out for revenge against Bella (if she's Dizzy) and the two had a falling out (and she knows about the will to begin with, she knows a few things about computers, maybe she hacked Bella). But how would Jo exact her revenge? Helping with the email to Monica makes sense if Bella's condition is to get the MC away from Monica and maybe to be in relationship with him (both works). But what about the romance? Why would Jolina romance the MC? Unless it's genuine of course and she really likes him and as long as Bella is not with MC Bella loses.

• Thinking Face

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
And then Mr acewinz gives me his thinking face... :p You probably have the time of your life here with us poor plebs speculating away while you know all the details :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
And then Mr acewinz gives me his thinking face... :p You probably have the time of your life here with us poor plebs speculating away while you know all the details :ROFLMAO:
Haha. I do enjoy watching you guys hypothesize, but I am also a bit worried that the eventual reveal will be a bit lackluster because it is virtually impossible that you guys haven't hit on 90% of what is coming at some point or another. :p But I like to think the pieces you guys do have fit together a bit better than you expect when they fall into place. You also haven't hit on the possible outcomes or motivations behind this as much given you aren't sure of all the pieces yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
but I am also a bit worried that the eventual reveal will be a bit lackluster because it is virtually impossible that you guys haven't hit on 90% of what is coming at some point or another
I remember the good old days of LOST and all the super dedicated spoiler/theory pages, sadly, in that case almost all fan theories were a LOT better than what the show gave us.

As long as it's consistent and not something out of left field (Katie is Dizzy... :p) I think it will be fine. Also, not all players may be that much invested in the whole Dizzy / inheritance story to begin with.
For me it's a curiosity, sure, I want to know, but as long as the core characters around Monica and her family are not involved it means little to me. My MC does not care for money when he can have true love ;) One makes you happy, the other not so much, look at what a miserable asshole Donald was.

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
Haha. I do enjoy watching you guys hypothesize, but I am also a bit worried that the eventual reveal will be a bit lackluster because it is virtually impossible that you guys haven't hit on 90% of what is coming at some point or another. :p But I like to think the pieces you guys do have fit together a bit better than you expect when they fall into place. You also haven't hit on the possible outcomes or motivations behind this as much given you aren't sure of all the pieces yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You just added at least a dozen more pages of speculation on this thread just with this post.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
That's the good thing if you feel like that... all the drama about the Gold Digger is mostly just a curiosity, well, as long as you don't want either Bella or maybe Jo to be the mother of your future children... but even then I feel if the MC always supported them and treat them well they may come around and repent. At least Jo, I still hope she's not really involved and it's all just a red herring.
I don't really know what to think of JO. She does try to tell the MC something if they are close enough but Jenna interrupts her. Like many things though it never brought up again no matter how many times time they are together. But with what we know now it could just be the fact that she will be leaving unless the MC gives her a reason to stay. I have a sneaking suspicion that Angel is the gold digger. All her talk about the MC being a "younger" version of her ex with "less baggage". It could be nothing but maybe not. I doesn't help that she just refuses to talk about it at all.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I insist. The conditions are for Elain and Bella, and they are getting the main house for Elain and the Beach house for bella. They are far too obsessed with them. Elain, who probably is the heir who knows to some extent all the legacy first thing kicks MC out, then when she realize this won't give her the property of the house she ask him for that. Bella is always around the beach house and in the last chapter she tryes to move in and she's very pissed if you don't let her.

Donald says that while the MC condition is very simple (dumping the trio), Elaine and Dizzy are very difficult. Laughably so if MC would know their conditions. Well. Having MC deliver the houses on a silver plate is not an easy task for sure. All he has to do is to say 'no, thank you'.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't really know what to think of JO. She does try to tell the MC something if they are close enough but Jenna interrupts her. Like many things though it never brought up again no matter how many times time they are together. But with what we know now it could just be the fact that she will be leaving unless the MC gives her a reason to stay. I have a sneaking suspicion that Angel is the gold digger. All her talk about the MC being a "younger" version of her ex with "less baggage". It could be nothing but maybe not. I doesn't help that she just refuses to talk about it at all.
I think Angel is a red herring.

Reason being she didn't pick her ex to use him, her ex picked her to groom her. She was promised the world and he left her a broke receptionist.

If she was in line for millions she wouldn't be trying so hard to make it on her own.

Wanda is in the opposite side of the model boat, she's already rich as fuck so doesn't need the money.

I will go on record right now and say it's neither of those 2.

I've already stuck my tits out and said it's impossible to be the 3 friends or Jenna. They would have been underage plus Lily, who people claim is Dizzy, is already heiress to a fortune.

Theresa I was convinced at one point it was her but then I played her route and now i'm convinced it isn't. She isn't the cold calculating religious nut she pretends to be. She's a woman that's been deeply hurt and is scared to move on with her life so clung to a version of herself that wouldn't let anyone else hurt her.

Elaine is already one of the 3 so impossible she's the gold digger.

Zarah wasn't around at the time and didn't turn up until years later so i'm pretty concinced she has nothing to do with it.

I'm inclined to believe Monnica's version of events. She was the MC's mothers best friend so I very highly doubt she's go after Donald knowing how he treated his sick wife and his son.

So that leaves Bella and Jo, the only 2 i've had doubts about and Bella has been overly friendly and shifty from the day she dropped his clothes off.

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
I insist. The conditions are for Elain and Bella, and they are getting the main house for Elain and the Beach house for bella. They are far too obsessed with them. Elain, who probably is the heir who knows to some extent all the legacy first thing kicks MC out, then when she realize this won't give her the property of the house she ask him for that. Bella is always around the beach house and in the last chapter she tryes to move in and she's very pissed if you don't let her.

Donald says that while the MC condition is very simple (dumping the trio), Elaine and Dizzy are very difficult. Laughably so if MC would know their conditions. Well. Having MC deliver the houses on a silver plate is not an easy task for sure. All he has to do is to say 'no, thank you'.
The devs have gone above and beyond in stating that the car, the cash and the BH belongs to the MC no matter what. Both your lawyer and Greg have told you that those 3 things are gonna stay with you no matter what you decide. Doesn't seem like they would go overboard with hammering that idea and then just ignore it later on.

Besides, according to the bombshell Ace just dropped, the gold digger's condition is closest to what Donald actually wants. Keeping that in mind, I doubt Bella's condition (if she is the GD) would be something as mundane as getting control of the BH after Donald just gave that away to the MC.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
The devs have gone above and beyond in stating that the car, the cash and the BH belongs to the MC no matter what. Both your lawyer and Greg have told you that those 3 things are gonna stay with you no matter what you decide. Doesn't seem like they would go overboard with hammering that idea and then just ignore it later on.

Besides, according to the bombshell Ace just dropped, the gold digger's condition is closest to what Donald actually wants. Keeping that in mind, I doubt Bella's condition (if she is the GD) would be something as mundane as getting control of the BH after Donald just gave that away to the MC.
In the gameplay you already have the possibility to grant the ownership of the main house to Elain, and you can confirm this and make it executive with MC own layer. While the beach house is already property of MC. And therefore he can donate it to Bella would he wish so.

Feasable. Easy for MC to say 'no'. Difficult for the ladies to persuade MC or trick him into delivering the houses.

Seems possible.

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
In the gameplay you already have the possibility to grant the ownership of the main house to Elain, and you can confirm this and make it executive with MC own layer. While the beach house is already property of MC. And therefore he can donate it to Bella would he wish so.

Feasable. Easy for MC to say 'no'. Difficult for the ladies to persuade MC or trick him into delivering the houses.

Seems possible.
The fact that the main house's ownership will be a factor in Elaine's condition was referenced long before Episode 22. Greg hints at that and then Jenna discovers the partial email from the USB that Bella gave and Elaine more or less tells the MC in Episode 20.

The only time the BH is referenced with respect to ownership is to state that it is unequivocally MC's property. Sure it's still a possibility, but honestly it'd be a bit of a letdown if it's just that.

Also, thinking about it, if that is indeed Bella's condition, it's very easy to find a loophole in the whole thing:
Sell the BH to Bella for 5 mil, sell the main house to Elaine for 1$. Now you got 5 mil and don't have to leave Monica et al, so you're happy. Bella gets 10 mil, so she'll be pretty happy as well. And Elaine didn't want the money she just wanted the house, so she'll be fine too.

Reactions: ename144
4.40 star(s) 326 Votes