CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Cool thank's for letting me know i really like your game btw
Although no girl comes close to being as awesome as Katie lol
Is the re-do gonna give us the option to not be as mean to the other milf (I think her name is Zarah?) besides the mom
i feel like the mc is very rude to her at the beginning of the game
Either way tho like i said it's a really good game
Yep, the re-do will give some more options including not being as rude to Zarah (if you don't want to be) and also (as the previous poster pointed out) more options to say no to women earlier in the game and completely avoid content with women you aren't interested in.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yep, the re-do will give some more options including not being as rude to Zarah (if you don't want to be) and also (as the previous poster pointed out) more options to say no to women earlier in the game and completely avoid content with women you aren't interested in.
Ok cool thank's i always felt like an arsehole with the way the mc treated her.
Yeah katie's the only girl for me lol (at least for a first playthrought)

Reactions: JJsaint

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Just to explain the exponential increase in work for a dev a little better for those who do know how to read and understand...

Lets say you have a scene with a threesome that has say, 20 renders (a conservative number, usually there's lots more). That's one path, 20 renders. BUT, the players want the option to exclude any one or all of the girls. You have Girl 1, 2 and 3. You need a path for all three, a path for girl 1 + 2, a path for girl 1 + 3, a path for girl 2 + 3 if any one of them is excluded. You also need paths if two are excluded, so 1, 2 or 3 (three paths). You also need variables to control all of this so you can write the dialog, checking the variables so the character doesn't mention someone they shouldn't, that's three variables there plus all the dialog rewrites.

So that's 7 separate paths at 20 separate renders per path means your small 20 render scene just ballooned to 140 renders, three extra variables and a whole lot of dialog to account for each path and have fun trying to work out a good story taking into account just these minor changes.

Just so people know... there's a whole lot more you need to think about when making changes.
Yeah, the writing/branching is a nightmare too. I painted myself into a corner giving too many options :) but I'm committed now so I'm going to see it through and not going to start ignoring previous choices just to make things easier/quicker.

Currently writing a scene for EP24 with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Just to explain the exponential increase in work for a dev a little better for those who do know how to read and understand...

Lets say you have a scene with a threesome that has say, 20 renders (a conservative number, usually there's lots more). That's one path, 20 renders. BUT, the players want the option to exclude any one or all of the girls. You have Girl 1, 2 and 3. You need a path for all three, a path for girl 1 + 2, a path for girl 1 + 3, a path for girl 2 + 3 if any one of them is excluded. You also need paths if two are excluded, so 1, 2 or 3 (three paths). You also need variables to control all of this so you can write the dialog, checking the variables so the character doesn't mention someone they shouldn't, that's three variables there plus all the dialog rewrites.

So that's 7 separate paths at 20 separate renders per path means your small 20 render scene just ballooned to 140 renders, three extra variables and a whole lot of dialog to account for each path and have fun trying to work out a good story taking into account just these minor changes.

Just so people know... there's a whole lot more you need to think about when making changes.
Anyone with the capacity of rational thinking understands it ;)

Reactions: Darklord_1965

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's not a huge undertaking. It's extremely easy. I kid you not man. Cheekygimp is already good with dialogue choice and plot flag management, a few more plot flags wouldn't hurt.

Also the game errors out a lot when you first start it. He needs to either declare persistent variables VERY early, giving them a default value or just check for nonetype. It's so easy.

On a side note, these are my stats. I"m the kind of player that is very choosy and picky about the women in game. This is just critical feedback for the dev. He doesn't even need to respond.
View attachment 2519837
Are you playing with a mod? Shouldn't be getting errors like that. ALL variables do have a default value so shouldn't be errors for calling a non-declared variable. Let me know which variables are causing you problems. And let me know what episode/version of the game you are playing (and confirm no mods). Also...the re-do version of the game that we're working on will give more freedom to declare less interest in characters you choose (and will reduce their screentime). There will be some scenes that I will have to make unavoidable (for plot reasons) but there will still be plenty of scenes that will be removed for non-interested players.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nah, just skip any sexual scenario. I'd be fine with that.
And then ignore all the dialogue that may be misconstrued? Or cut it as well, thereby getting all conversations completely convoluted because parts of story lines are missing?

You might be fine, others who see the option to ignore an LI and thus truncating the story in parts to gibberish may not be.

I am all for options and am annoyed at some games as well which either don't give me the choice to ignore certain characters or worse, give me what seems like a choice but really isn't. But in the end as has been said, with this kind of choice the work indeed grows exponentially and get out of hand quickly, no 30 second code can fix that. It's code, which is probably still the easiest, it is renders, which is an annoying amount of computing time - and most importantly it is dialogue to have everything make sense regardless of the options picked. And the dev wants to tell a story which - as in other games or other forms of entertainment - may just need stuff to happen in a certain way.

Also, all this would have needed to be done from the beginning, now it would require major changes which will break stuff. Needn't to but will, as anybody who ever tried to fix some basic part of a program which has long been in existence can attest to.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Hey where are all the torches and pitchforks? I thought I left them around here somewhere....

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Does anyone know how Katie & Deb will look in the redo or has that not been decided yet? like is it a big or small difference.
(They are my favourite characters)
Also is anyone else going to wait and play this again when it's on steam i know i am.

Jan 24, 2022
I'm waiting to see what the redone Monica looks like, been primarily on her path from the start. Looking forward to update also. Hoping we get more anal action action with Katie. Would be interesting if MC could get Monica and Zahara together and with a good dose of wine convinced the two it was threesome party time.

Reactions: Joshy92

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Does anyone know how Katie & Deb will look in the redo or has that not been decided yet? like is it a big or small difference.
(They are my favourite characters)
Also is anyone else going to wait and play this again when it's on steam i know i am.
I'm waiting to see what the redone Monica looks like, been primarily on her path from the start. Looking forward to update also. Hoping we get more anal action action with Katie. Would be interesting if MC could get Monica and Zahara together and with a good dose of wine convinced the two it was threesome party time.
did you play the game up to the latest episode (or at least few latest ones) yet?
if you did, there you have "new" looks for all chicks (katie, monica, zarah...), as the big revamp took a place a while ago.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
did you play the game up to the latest episode (or at least few latest ones) yet?
if you did, there you have "new" looks for all chicks (katie, monica, zarah...), as the big revamp took a place a while ago.
i didn't think about that yeah i did play it i just thought they were changing again damn i'm dumb:FacePalm:

• Hey there
Reactions: Abhai
Jan 24, 2022
Yes, I've played this through several times and I guess I just didn't notice any major changes. Will have to look again.

• Wow
Reactions: Abhai

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Yeah, the writing/branching is a nightmare too. I painted myself into a corner giving too many options :) but I'm committed now so I'm going to see it through and not going to start ignoring previous choices just to make things easier/quicker.

Currently writing a scene for EP24 with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think all those options and branches are what made this game unique. It also makes it a fun replay to see how things went down other routes. One of the reasons I love the start at any chapter feature you guys have. Lets me go in and see what's what without have to replay the whole game. Definitely went a bit far though considering the nightmare of checks you have to make now. Would've made life easier if it was a harem game, but obviously less realistic.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017

First, I never asked for re-renders of any kind. I'm asking for a simple SKIP dialogue choice and jump statement. It takes the least amount of time, almost none.

Second, bro, you make it sound like:

- Boolean Variables
- If Then Conditional Statements
- Menu Dialogue Choices
- Jump Statements

Are complicated. THEY'RE NOT. The above is NEWBIE stuff for Ren'py. You literally learn how to do the above stuff in the first 3 hours you learn Ren'py. It's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EASY.

I'm looking at CheekyGimp's code right now. This is just rudimentary, basic Ren'py stuff. The guy who designed Ren'py made learning Ren'py as easy as possible. You guys act like it's some big deal, IT'S NOT.

Guys. Listen. I'm not alone with my complaints. READ THE REVIEWS. Other people complain about it too. I'm not this lone voice, tons & tons of other people are complaining about the forced sexual scenarios which could've been easily avoided with a few lines of code.

You guys are stuck in 2016. It's 2023, wake up. Forced sexual scenarios are DUMB, unles it's a kinetic novel or there are only 1-2 women npc in the game.

I'm trying to grab you guys by the shirt collar and drag you into the current year.

Okay, thank you for hearnig me out. Cheekygimp thank you for hearing me out. I will no longer respond to this thread as to not spam. But you guys are wrong, 100% wrong if you think the fixes that are needed are complicated. They're not, they can be done in less than a day, and Cheekygimp's Reviews would jump to perfect 5 stars, and his revenue would go up, but you guys give him such bad advice. So sad. This game had so much potential.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes