HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
First, I never asked for re-renders of any kind. I'm asking for a simple SKIP dialogue choice and jump statement. It takes the least amount of time, almost none.

Second, bro, you make it sound like:

- Boolean Variables
- If Then Conditional Statements
- Menu Dialogue Choices
- Jump Statements

Are complicated. THEY'RE NOT. The above is NEWBIE stuff for Ren'py. You literally learn how to do the above stuff in the first 3 hours you learn Ren'py. It's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EASY.

I'm looking at CheekyGimp's code right now. This is just rudimentary, basic Ren'py stuff. The guy who designed Ren'py made learning Ren'py as easy as possible. You guys act like it's some big deal, IT'S NOT.

Guys. Listen. I'm not alone with my complaints. READ THE REVIEWS. Other people complain about it too. I'm not this lone voice, tons & tons of other people are complaining about the forced sexual scenarios which could've been easily avoided with a few lines of code.

You guys are stuck in 2016. It's 2023, wake up. Forced sexual scenarios are DUMB, unles it's a kinetic novel or there are only 1-2 women npc in the game.

I'm trying to grab you guys by the shirt collar and drag you into the current year.

Okay, thank you for hearnig me out. Cheekygimp thank you for hearing me out. I will no longer respond to this thread as to not spam. But you guys are wrong, 100% wrong if you think the fixes that are needed are complicated. They're not, they can be done in less than a day, and Cheekygimp's Reviews would jump to perfect 5 stars, and his revenue would go up, but you guys give him such bad advice. So sad. This game had so much potential.
You are talking about 2 different things. Yes or No to sleep with a LI is already possible in the game, what you talked about before was to more or less completely remove some of the girls from the game which is something different altogether......

listenerDave

Aug 8, 2020
Yeah, the writing/branching is a nightmare too. I painted myself into a corner giving too many options :) but I'm committed now so I'm going to see it through and not going to start ignoring previous choices just to make things easier/quicker.

I'm the little kid at the doughnut shop kicking and screaming on the floor saying "I want them all!!"
CheekyGimp "NO, if you pay attention, you can have 2 or 3 but you can't have them all."
Sits in a corner with my 3 trying to figure out how to get more without loosing all.

This game is awesome. Last time I played, I got fun time with both sisters and thought I somehow ended up in Narnia. (because that was so awesome)

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
Yeah, the writing/branching is a nightmare too. I painted myself into a corner giving too many options :) but I'm committed now so I'm going to see it through and not going to start ignoring previous choices just to make things easier/quicker.

Currently writing a scene for EP24 with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well as for me .. Please take your time .. I really enjoy this game more than many others I have played.. I would hate to see it blow up from you getting burnt out due to ❄ Complaining

Messire_ORION

Aug 8, 2019
I tryed to download this episode 2 time and eatch time i launch it (start new game), i got this error.
After have start with the 23 part and make choise, the game work, i am at the start atm.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.​
While running game code:​
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script​
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:​
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>​
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'​
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------​
Full traceback:​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap​
renpy.main.main()​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\main.py", line 660, in main​
run(restart)​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\main.py", line 146, in run​
renpy.execution.run_context(True)​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 938, in run_context​
context.run()​
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute​
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval​
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)​
File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode​
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)​
Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64​
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809​
Where The Heart Is Ep23​
Sat Apr 8 19:04:10 2023​

Last edited:

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
I tryed to download this episode 2 time and eatch time i launch it (start new game), i got this error.
After have start with the 23 part and make choise, the game work, i am at the start atm.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.​
While running game code:​
Yeah this is an annoying Bug which exists since forever - literally. The Devs have never fixed that Bug. Atleast in the currently existing Builds which are publicly available. Either the Devs do not care or forgot it. It is annoying but luckily restarting "fixes it" as you already found out.​

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
HELP! =)

in update 23, a song plays in the menu.
who is the author and who is the performer?
I want to find the lyrics of the song (want to know about what this song).
this song fits this game very well (it seems like this song was written specifically for this game - there are no contradictions here. Yes, I don't know what this song is about, but the background that this song creates is very in tune with the impression of the game) -
it's spinning in my head, I can't kick it out for a day already =)

the moment of the reunion of MC and Elaine - in my opinion this is sung in the song in these words "we are whole again" (if I understood these words correctly)

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
HELP! =)

in update 23, a song plays in the menu.
who is the author and who is the performer?
I want to find the lyrics of the song (want to know about what this song).
this song fits this game very well (it seems like this song was written specifically for this game - there are no contradictions here. Yes, I don't know what this song is about, but the background that this song creates is very in tune with the impression of the game) -
it's spinning in my head, I can't kick it out for a day already =)

the moment of the reunion of MC and Elaine - in my opinion this is sung in the song in these words "we are whole again" (if I understood these words correctly)
It's "Michael Shynes - Born Again"

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm so excited for the first part of this coming to steam it's definitely a day one buy for me.

LMA064

Oct 31, 2021
Damn i was so invested in the story that is started to rush through all the sex-scenes. Do we know when this game will get more updates?

(I liked this one very much).

Reactions: hgk15

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
First, I never asked for re-renders of any kind. I'm asking for a simple SKIP dialogue choice and jump statement. It takes the least amount of time, almost none.
Um. How much of this game have you actually played? There are hundreds of lines of dialog referring to the MCs relationships with various LIs, and lots of renders that wouldn't fit if the MC wasn't in a relationship with a particular LI. Sure, Cheeky could write some code to skip the 10 or so Jenna sex scenes. But what about where she kisses the MC? What about where Katie comments on how close they are, with a suspicuous expression? Should Cheeky cut that out too? Then the player misses out on Jenna's scenes too. Does Cheeky have to make a "Where The Heart is - Hakarlman Version", just for you?

I am not a fan of this entitled attitude a few fans have where they want devs to customize every game to their exact preferences about every choice. It's kind of embarrassing. Have a little respect for the story Cheeky wants to tell. There are plenty of choices in WTHI, with lots of LIs for you to choose from, with varying relationships.

Normally, I don't think it's helpful to tell fans to make their own game, but if you are so particular that everything has to be exactly how you want for a game to be worth playing, nobody can do that except you. I look forward to your upcoming game.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Does Cheeky have to make a "Where The Heart is - Hakarlman Version", just for you?
No, no, no... He just has to rework the entire game to Hakarlman's wishes, and screw everyone else because they're wrong, and he's right. Always.
Seriously, he does this shit in many game threads.

It used to be that he'd just make wholly inaccurate complaints about a game, despite people telling him why what he's saying is wrong. Then he moved onto telling the devs they "have to" make the game according to what he tells them, citing their Patreon sub count and money as impetus for doing what he says.

It's an attitude way beyond entitlement, and well deserving of a hard kick in the balls.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
No, no, no... He just has to rework the entire game to Hakarlman's wishes, and screw everyone else because they're wrong, and he's right. Always.
Seriously, he does this shit in many game threads.

It used to be that he'd just make wholly inaccurate complaints about a game, despite people telling him why what he's saying is wrong. Then he moved onto telling the devs they "have to" make the game according to what he tells them, citing their Patreon sub count and money as impetus for doing what he says.

It's an attitude way beyond entitlement, and well deserving of a hard kick in the balls.
Or at least an ignore.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

ohyeaho

Jan 2, 2017
Bit of a story, search for Cheekygimp's post where he explains it
The dev basically written himself in a branching route hole. Instead of doing what most developer do, and just abandon all the choice you made in the game, he decided to attempt to write out all the branch depending on your choice; And, with so many variable, its going to take time. I just hope that with him trying to write out all the branch, he don't forget that some of the choice you made in this game is to deliberately blow your load in some of the character without birth control, and the potential positive or negative outcome of those decision.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes