JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
any info on when this will be completed?? one of the best gam,e, woulòd the the very best if it allow us at least to be with all the family...and not forcing to havwe to choose only 1 from mom and thbe 2 daughter...hope in some fix if this will be re worked (i'm scared about rework though, considering how many gaMES BEINMG FAR INTO DEVELOPEMENT RESULTED AS ABBANDONED AFTER SOME TIME OF THJIS SO CALLED AND OFTEN, UNNECESSARY REWORKS
Search is your friend:

VN - Ren'Py - Onhold - Where the Heart Is [Ep. 23] [CheekyGimp] | F95zone

vivaloveyou

Jul 22, 2021
I've said from the beginning that from the announcement of the remake, it meant that the update was going to be extended indefinitely, and despite the announcement of a return to update Episode 24, it still looks like the release is still uncertain

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I've said from the beginning that from the announcement of the remake, it meant that the update was going to be extended indefinitely, and despite the announcement of a return to update Episode 24, it still looks like the release is still uncertain
Thank you for your assessment of the situation. I'm sure everyone here finds it both fascinating and informative.

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
I find your assessment to be both fascinating and informative

Reactions: Savilesavile

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019

Your assessment might have had some merit, had Cheeky not paused his monthly Patreon payment. Usually a dev pulls the remake trick when they're out of ideas and want the Patreon gravy train to keep running. But here, it's in his best interest to get the release out asap. Of course he could delay the release indefinitely, but why would he do that, he won't be making any money from that.

I don't know why folks are acting like doomers when the dev has gone on record to state that the release WILL be before fall this year, that still leaves a 2 month window. At least wait for his estimation to be incorrect before acting like the release will be in 2025 or whatever.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
All of us who follow WTHI trepidated at the slightest delay, but back then we had the irreplaceable ACEWINZ to dialogue with us and inform us of possible delays or variations. There is now no one who does that and this generates panic and assumptions that are neither in heaven nor on earth, " there will be no update 24, we will end up in 2025." I understand the uncertainty due to poor communications, but don't forget that Cheeky invested in WTHI and if he now tries to make the most of work done, no one can blame him. He said in the fall, and then let's wait for autumn, without writing here meaningless fantasies and absurd predictions. WTHI, is true it is important to all of us, and if someone took the time to look at the many pages written in an attempt to guess who was Dizzy and who Golddigger would understand why we stay here waiting and hoping that Cheeky & Cell will complete everything.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Hi folks,

Just following on from my last post...just to let you know where we're at (and will keep it shorter than last time). Payment will still be turned off as we go into August.

Cell and I have been working full-time on WTHI since the last update and progress has been slow but steady.

Episode 24 status update:

The Good (75%): Approx. 75% of the game will be completed and ready for QC testing by (approx.) Sunday.

The (Not so) Bad (15%): For the next 15% of the scenes: All artwork is complete and a first draft of ALL of the writing is complete. But as with all of my first drafts, it’s a bit of a mess, so needs some work.

The Ugly (10%): For the last 10%, approx. 95% of the artwork is complete, but I still have ALL of the writing to do.

The most difficult scenes from a branching perspective are all written, so the parts still in draft or unwritten are much easier than what I've already completed, so hopefully, it should be plain sailing from now on.

I will post another update on Sunday to let you know if things went as planned and (long overdue), I'll post some teasers from every scene.

As always, drop your questions or comments below and I'll get back to everyone.

Thanks,

CG

jjavier

Nov 8, 2022
Hi, I have a problem with this game, I downloaded and installed it like with many other games, I go to launch it and just after clicking on new game I have this error message that appears. What should I do ?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
File "C:\Users\Xavier\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\Xavier\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Xavier\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

It begins badly

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
What should I do ?
I'm not sure if it's the same bug, but try "Start Any Episode", drag the slide to 23, then click "Click here to start with above options", go through the screens to choose the rest of the variable settings (doesn't matter what you choose for any of them) until the episode actually starts, then go back to the main menu start the game.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes